Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) (44440 Views)

Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) / Festus Marinho Is Dead: First NNPC MD Dies / Jide Sanwoolu Visits Lateef Jakande, The 1st Civilian Governor Of Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by lalasticlala(m): 12:39pm On Feb 11, 2021
The first Civilian Governor of Lagos State, Alhaji Lateef Jakande, is dead.

Announcing Lateef Jakande's death on Twitter, the Lagos State governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu wrote:

With gratitude to God for a worthy life well spent in the service of Lagos State, Nigeria and humanity, I announce the death of a venerable statesman, outstanding politician, public administrator and the first Civilian Governor of Lagos State, Alhaji Lateef Kayode Jakande.

https://twitter.com/jidesanwoolu/status/1359827704762220545

Former Governor of Lagos State, Alhaji Lateef Jakande, is dead.

He reportedly died on Thursday at the age of 91.

Jakande, aka Baba Kekere, brought a lot of development to Lagos as governor between October 1, 1979 and December 31, 1983, in line with the five cardinal programmes of the Unity Party of Nigeria founded by a former Premier of the Western Region, Chief Obafemi Awolowo.

https://punchng.com/breaking-ex-lagos-governor-lateef-jakande-dies-at-91/?amp=1

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Furbish(m): 12:40pm On Feb 11, 2021
Adieu papa!

Jakande's legacy still endure! In his time he gave us classrooms, he served us real food. His enemies termed the classrooms "poultry" but hey, we were forged in those humble huts, our destinies were molded. Today, we are men and women of intellect and rare substances because of your discretion and milk of kindness.

I remember in the early 80s while I was in pry 2 and 3. We had good teachers.

The syllabus was strictly adhered to. Education was so good.

Growing into adulthood, I later knew the Ajah road LCC recently upgraded was constructed by him.

The day I met you at the airport was a day I won't forget. Gentle and angelic. Our gaze met. I felt an immortal grace, and it left a mark. Thanks for giving us Lagos.

You already wrote your epitaph with celestial ink, on stones so precious.

Thank you Baba Kekere!

496 Likes 48 Shares

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Perfectsouth(m): 12:41pm On Feb 11, 2021
baba jakande of Lagos..
The real JAGABAN
This is the real developer of LAGOS..
THE MAN THAT LABOURED THE LABOUR ONE CRIMINAL IS REAPING FROM RIGHT NOW

240 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by hucienda: 12:41pm On Feb 11, 2021
Condolences to the family.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by TimeManager(m): 12:42pm On Feb 11, 2021
The man died with the most effective Governance template on Education, Civil service, transportation, low housing estate.etc. Jakande birthed a railway project which Buhari foolishly cancelled based on his shallow mindedness. Many years after, Buhari is back to implement a railway project with accompanying debt burden payable by all Nigerians.

Adieu Baba Kekere

Kiss the truth!

209 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Racoon(m): 12:42pm On Feb 11, 2021
The man whose government kick start the revolutionizat-ion of the modern day Lagos.I remember his education/ transportation legacies especially the metroline that the man Nigeria have as president today cancelled back then Odı igba! Sun re o! RIP sir

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by OceanEye: 12:43pm On Feb 11, 2021
Have a blessed life in the beyond legend

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by ERockson: 12:43pm On Feb 11, 2021
Rip Sir

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by FalseProphet1(m): 12:44pm On Feb 11, 2021
Baba kekere. Rest in peace sir.

I see him being rewarded for his good works in Paradise. This I have seen.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by AfroBeatDiary: 12:44pm On Feb 11, 2021
RIP

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Beremx(f): 12:44pm On Feb 11, 2021
Rest In Peace Baba. The best Lagos State Governor. Your legacies in Lagos will continue to be appreciated.

My condolences to the bereaved

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by gasparpisciotta: 12:44pm On Feb 11, 2021
Builder of Lagos.

All the many low cost ‘Jakande’ estates around Lagos stand as a testament to your love for the masses.

Despite being a governor of Lagos and a former minister of works there are no commercial ventures attached to your name.

Sleep well sir.

128 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by dimexy247(m): 12:44pm On Feb 11, 2021
Rip

3 Likes

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Gideon9947: 12:44pm On Feb 11, 2021
RIP

2 Likes

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Neymessi: 12:44pm On Feb 11, 2021
N
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Nickshrapnel: 12:44pm On Feb 11, 2021
Free Education Daddy, rest well cry

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Kingluqman(m): 12:44pm On Feb 11, 2021
RIP Baba Jankande

20 Likes

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by DoyenExchange: 12:44pm On Feb 11, 2021
RIP Sir

8 Likes

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Abboki: 12:45pm On Feb 11, 2021
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Dailymice: 12:45pm On Feb 11, 2021
angry
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by GetWellNews: 12:45pm On Feb 11, 2021
Condolences to the family. May God keep the Lagos he helped build. (Eko oni baje ooo)

10 Likes

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Olasty(f): 12:45pm On Feb 11, 2021
May his soul rest in peace
Adieu Papa

6 Likes

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Mitsurugi(m): 12:45pm On Feb 11, 2021
One of the best Governors Lagos ever had. Awo's true disciple. His structures (buildings and schools) are still in place in Lagos since the 80s till date. Rest in peace sir, it's a pity your acolytes went for self aggrandizement rather than service.

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by gbolswag(m): 12:45pm On Feb 11, 2021
The man with a good vision....rest in peace

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Giddiebabalaw(m): 12:45pm On Feb 11, 2021
Rest on...Great Man

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by olusola200: 12:45pm On Feb 11, 2021
Rip
The only governor that lives in his private home at ilupeju

Also drives is personal car Toyota crown

No agbada

No first lady

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by talk2hb1(m): 12:45pm On Feb 11, 2021
Allah Akbar

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by BigBelleControl(m): 12:45pm On Feb 11, 2021
The best Governor Lagos ever had and also the most humble among them all.
May his soul rest in peace.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by fedorahat: 12:46pm On Feb 11, 2021
RIP to him

Great man

4 Likes

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Farki: 12:46pm On Feb 11, 2021
A visionary leader is gone, I hope his legacy and ideas help bring about the Lagos he wanted.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by shadeyinka(m): 12:46pm On Feb 11, 2021
These were governors who didn't divert the state resources into their own pocket.

As a former governor, Jakande lived a modest life among his people. He didn't stash dollars in foreign bank accounts.

Those days are forever gone. We all practice "Northern Politics" now!

I pray for deliverace for this country Nigeria!

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by blamingthedevil: 12:46pm On Feb 11, 2021
RIP to Jakande

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari / Women Throw Their Wrappers For Nnamdu Kanu To Walk On (Photos) / Photo Of Atiku Abubakar And Ademola Adeleke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.