Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,265 members, 7,846,247 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami (21909 Views)

Isa Pantami Purchases 3 Houses For His 3 Wives In Abuja - Sahara Reporter Pics) / Abike Dabiri And Isa Pantami Clash Over Ejection From Office / Isa Pantami: Boko Haram Kicks Against New Sim Card Policy, Threatens Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by Jaqenhghar: 11:36pm On Feb 14, 2021
favor914:
How can we be like them does it snow in Nigeria, is Nigeria a Caucasian race country? Please try & borrow common sense, compare us to Cameroon, Kenya, Egypt & co.

I think you should take your own advice. Your response shows you are not very bright. You dont get what I am saying and just want to sound off to soothe your overinflated ego. See whatvyou are writing abeg. SMH
Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by kingk(m): 11:36pm On Feb 14, 2021
favor914:
Either been sarcastic, or a stupid way to reason? Big deal, You that is a full Nigerian, What has your Nigerian citizenship done for you?

Correction.....Am a biafran.
Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by tristan15: 12:16am On Feb 15, 2021
This lot/lots is the core of Nigeria's problem. Intentionally myopic.I 've been a guest reader for years and I don't have space in my heart to hate anyone but the person.Read between the lines ,he's using his stupidity to promote the brand.Its best he's ignored.
Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by Nobody: 12:48am On Feb 15, 2021
Very good. At least it will stop underage voting in the north.
Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by aribisala0(m): 1:24am On Feb 15, 2021
rangerover:
Very good. At least it will stop underage voting in the north.
How?
Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by ddeola: 1:31am On Feb 15, 2021
Demons are crazy. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by sharone21(f): 1:45am On Feb 15, 2021
So, how will those outside Nigeria get this NIN conveniently so they can still access their Nigerian accounts without stress?
Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by CONFAMA: 3:07am On Feb 15, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Ermmm....
I'm not so clever but there's a lapse.

I've seen someone who enrolled for the National ID card more than once and got two different NINs, but I've never seen a soul with two BVNs.

So if you ask me, I'd say a BVN is more secure than a NIN and if we intend commencing electronic voting in 2023 then BVN it should be.

Because even babies have NINs...but you can't get a BVN till you come of banking age.(eligible to vote).

If not, the electronic voting fraud of 2023 will be stupendously massive.
I'm sure Patanmi knows this.

I still don't see why the overnight fuss over the NIN.

The north wan use am scam us ni because it's easy to manipulate
Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by t2luv1: 4:18am On Feb 15, 2021
JosephXavier:
Do BVN we do
Do NIN, we do
Link your NIN with your SIM cards, we did

Give us jobs, they said no

We got job through crypto and they banned it

Give us good governance, they said the youths are lazy

We protested and they dehumanised and locked us up

Is this government for the people or against the people?

Question Don't one has to be a Nigerian citizen to get this NIN? If that is the case so no foreigner can subscribe to a phone line while in that country. I am confuse. Kindly explain to me. Any provision for people that are not Nigerian, but residing in that country. How can they get this NIN?
Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by AerialMapper: 4:50am On Feb 15, 2021
...benefit from Government services...

Uztaz Pantami, please name 1 government service that benefits the citizens of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by Mordecai(m): 5:54am On Feb 15, 2021
favor914:
The whole irony is that They know their constitutional rights more than you, that is why you are the one lamenting Fulani Fulani.

Lol.

I wrote herdsmen. You read Fulani.

Yet, you are the ones complaining about putting ethnic tags to criminality.

On the other hand, which of the herdsmen know their constitutional rights - the ones the government told us are foreigners?
Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by orisa37: 6:04am On Feb 15, 2021
Macban's Trickeries for Gerrymandering and Subterfuge.
Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by Zetty177x: 6:05am On Feb 15, 2021
LordErrk:
Who tf is this man to issue this kind of policies without it going through due process

I just tire....why is he not going through the National Assembly?

2 Likes

Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by codecyan(m): 6:09am On Feb 15, 2021
aribisala0:

I can tell you for a fact that when it comes to the use of biometrics for passports or driving licences and ID registration for phones Nigeria is a pioneering nation so stop all that nonsense talk about "saner climes"

Nigeria is about the only country that pastes a citizen's National ID number on their passport
Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by Zetty177x: 6:14am On Feb 15, 2021
favor914:
Banking Verification Number?, your logic makes no sense, a 10 year old cannot operate a bank account, so he doesn’t need a BVN, a 10 year old will register for nation health insurance through his parents, he will need an NIN number for verification, if you have lived in the United States, it works similarly like a social security number.

You are the one that made no sense . Read what he pointed out. Can I explain then? He said even minors can get NIN. And this is true. It means many people less than 18 will get NIN in the north and if we end up with e-voting, it will be easy for the Northerners to always rig. But with BVN u must be 18.

You are indirectly saying the same thing with the person u corrected..

sigh undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by brandsoncharlie: 6:34am On Feb 15, 2021
Racoon:
In so much that it is a good development, why didnt they thought it wise to do so from the beginning? So what becomes of the BVN wahala? After forcing Nigerians to go thought the stress of getting same? Bunch of confused incompetent people in governmen
It took me almost 4 days to get a bvn number despite no queue, from network issues from Bank to other delay in waiting for it, this country na wahala.
Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by brandsoncharlie: 6:35am On Feb 15, 2021
Zetty177x:

You are the one that made no sense . Read what he pointed out. Can I explain then? He said even minors can get NIN. And this is true. It means many people less than 18 will get NIN in the north and if we end up with e-voting, it will be easy for the Northerners to always rig. But with BVN u must be 18.

You are indirectly saying the same thing with the person u corrected..

sigh undecided
I prefer bvn number it is better than the so called nin, I think there's an agenda.

2 Likes

Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by Nobody: 6:36am On Feb 15, 2021
So what this means is that we dont have Senate and HOR.
There is nobody to checkmate these excesses?
Nobody at all?
I knew that was the case but I needed confirmation.

The citizens of nigeria are on their own.
Sitting ducks.

The country cant survive long like this.
Anarchy looms.

How does a human being with functioning brain literally impose a far reaching policy overnight on a country of at least 200m people and somehow expect a smooth compliance?Does this mean no more opening of accounts?because I know cbn will bend over backwards to implement this new vomit.
Sad
And there is no arm of government to say 'hey,stop this!are you mad?'
Lawan and gbaja are just looking or what?
Guys,there was never a time for tribalism and whatnot but we need to shed that childish behaviour and understand what is facing ALL of us.
We are being misruled by a group of bloodsucking demons and they are taking us all to the guillotine.
We need to be aware of what is happening and get ready.

1 Like

Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by JosephXavier: 8:04am On Feb 15, 2021
t2luv1:

Question Don't one has to be a Nigerian citizen to get this NIN? If that is the case so no foreigner can subscribe to a phone line while in that country. I am confuse. Kindly explain to me. Any provision for people that are not Nigerian, but residing in that country. How can they get this NIN?
A

The NIN is for all Nigerians home and abroad and for all foreigners that live within Nigerian territory

And the main reason is for easy clamp down on criminals

But there is also fear of it being used to witch hunt individuals who show their unsatisfaction with the corruption in the government

And the body language of government during the #EndSars protest tries to justify such claim

Though there are still good sides to it
Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by SonOfTheRisingS: 8:15am On Feb 15, 2021
Every year Nigeria fulani terrorist government always come up with one useless demands by holding people in the zoo hostage.

Register your PVC, WE REGISTERED

Register your BVN, WE REGISTERED

Register before you protest peacefully, WE REGISTERED

Register your Sim - WE REGISTERED

Register this and that, FOR WHAT

That means PVC and BVN are useless, we will not register anything from Nigeria again, let them cut everyone off, our Biafran scientists are on top of every game fulani caliphate and their presidency are playing.

Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by SonOfTheRisingS: 8:17am On Feb 15, 2021
TheWrita:
So what this means is that we dont have Senate and HOR.
There is nobody to checkmate these excesses?
Nobody at all?
I knew that was the case but I needed confirmation.

The citizens of nigeria are on their own.
Sitting ducks.

The country cant survive long like this.
Anarchy looms.

How does a human being with functioning brain literally impose a far reaching policy overnight on a country of at least 200m people and somehow expect a smooth compliance?Does this mean no more opening of accounts?because I know cbn will bend over backwards to implement this new vomit.
Sad
And there is no arm of government to say 'hey,stop this!are you mad?'
Lawan and gbaja are just looking or what?
Guys,there was never a time for tribalism and whatnot but we need to shed that childish behaviour and understand what is facing ALL of us.
We are being misruled by a group of bloodsucking demons and they are taking us all to the guillotine.
We need to be aware of what is happening and get ready.

Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by ofiko123(m): 1:41pm On Feb 15, 2021
Jooade:
A welcome development

Ok..
Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by Belcon(m): 1:57pm On Feb 15, 2021
Aswear..my close friend did just that having two NIN[quote author=NwaAmaikpe post=99069454

Ermmm....
I'm not so clever but there's a lapse.

I've seen someone who enrolled for the National ID card more than once and got two different NINs, but I've never seen a soul with two BVNs.

So if you ask me, I'd say a BVN is more secure than a NIN and if we intend commencing electronic voting in 2023 then BVN it should be.

Because even babies have NINs...but you can't get a BVN till you come of banking age.(eligible to vote).

If not, the electronic voting fraud of 2023 will be stupendously massive.
I'm sure Patanmi knows this.

I still don't see why the overnight fuss over the NIN.[/quote]
Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by ofiko123(m): 1:58pm On Feb 15, 2021
Do the Nigerian citizen or citizens have any option??
Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by WoundedLamb: 5:01pm On Feb 15, 2021
I need to be educated on NIN.

What is it?
Who needs it?
What can I do with it?
What can't I do without it?
How do I get it here in the Americas?
Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 15, 2021
JosephXavier:
Do BVN we do
Do NIN, we do
Link your NIN with your SIM cards, we did

Give us jobs, they said no

We got job through crypto and they banned it

Give us good governance, they said the youths are lazy

We protested and they dehumanised and locked us up

Is this government for the people or against the people?
grin grin grin grin confused government.
Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by SamNaijaboy: 5:08pm On Feb 15, 2021
Failures? You have zero idea. I got all As in my SSCE and a scholarship to the US. I am now a millionaire in any currency. I don't even need Nigeria in any way.
I refuse to go to Abuja to bow down to idiots with a fraction of my intellect and committed to breaking up Nigeria without a war.
We are working towards it or full regionalism.

favor914:
Only Failures wish for so, you will be worse of at the other end, if you couldn’t make it in Nigeria with peace, how do you intend to make it in chaos?, Nigeria split without going to war? Impossible. Stop fallacies immediately you are weak minded, and imaging an imaginable scenario.
Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by Centrepage(m): 11:40pm On Feb 15, 2021
Both NIN and BVN are useless as the government of the day non will ever work in Nigeria because now people just forget the number just like BVN when politicians open account with their company name with different BVN now tell me who scamming who in this shithole country
Re: NIN Mandatory For Bank Accounts, Voter Registration - Isa Pantami by tempusfugit: 9:42am On Aug 06, 2021
ALL DEVELOPED COUNTRIES JUST THAT THEY RE CALLED DIFFERENT NAMES, in Italy is called codice fiscale ,in uk is called n.i.n(National Insurance Number)Finland is called gif tax code system in finland ,in holland is called Citizen service number (BSN), WITHOUT THIS NUMBERS IN THIS COUNTRIES YOU CANNOT DO ANYTHING
aribisala0:

Saner climes?

Name ONE just one such saner clime where that is happening today?

You folk just mouth off as if you are in a village square

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governors In State Of Emergency Lose Power / Poor Performance Of APC Giving PDP Hope Of Return In 2019 – Lar / Bukola Saraki Celebrates His 55th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.