Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,856 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Dignity Or Virginity - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dignity Or Virginity (5936 Views)

Guys Or Babes, Who Lose Their Virginity The Earliest? / Virginity Is Dignity, Not Lack Of Opportunity / Virginity Is Not Dignity,it Is Just Lack Of Opportunity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dignity Or Virginity by niceuzor: 1:48am On Jul 10, 2007
Wow!!! Splendid!!

Give it to them girl. cool
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by AmerOmoge(f): 1:06am On Jul 11, 2007
Main Entry: dig·ni·ty
Pronunciation: 'dig-n&-tE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -ties
Etymology: Middle English dignete, from Anglo-French digneté, from Latin dignitat-, dignitas, from dignus
1 : the quality or state of being worthy, honored, or esteemed
2 a : high rank, office, or position b : a legal title of nobility or honor
3 archaic : DIGNITARY
4 : formal reserve or seriousness of manner, appearance, or language

Come on people Dignity is about character how one carries themselves.  Virginity is a biological thing that everyone is born with whether or not they possess moral or values.  Whether they do right or wrong, lie or steal.  Please people get a life if you think that being a virgin makes you more dignified!!!how stupid!!! then that means that all of our parents are less dignified because they are no longer virgins.  You cannot put the stipulation on it well if they were virgin when they married then they are dignified, because the reason you are saying people who are non-virgin are less diginified is because they are no longer a virgin so the same logic must apply regardless of marriage!!!

Please tell me how a woman who does everything but have sex with a man is more dignified than a woman who demands respect from her lover at all times.  One who knows her value and makes those around her respect her presence.  There are so called virgins that are more LovePeddler-ish than the average non-virgin woman.

Women please wake up and see the double standard, please don't be blinded by the likes of those that say a virgin is better because they/men will treat that virgin the same once she is no longer one.  Believe me when I say they place no more real value on her than he does a non virgin cause once he has accomplished his goal she is the same as the rest.  Be careful, because virginity in men is not valued the same, actually it is encouraged that they not be virgins, clear attempt to devalue women.  Virgin=good woman, non-virgin=bad woman, while virgin or non-virgin =good man.  Ladies becareful not to fall into this trap.  I don't say this to suggest everywoman should go out and lose her virginity but rather don't allow people to think less of you cause you made the right choice with the wrong person!

Having your dignity is way more important than your virginity because at some point you will lose your virginity but you never have to surrender your dignity to anyone not even the ones you love!!! So those of you that hold virginity as precious will soon find out that all that you hold so dear and precious can be over like that never to be regained, but if during your life time you lose your dignity you can always reclaim it and move forward. 

Dignity/character is self made and built and molded over time thus giving one choices

Virginity is biological was given to everyone regardless of their character!!!

I am not a virgin-hater but please don't insult women by telling them they are less than because they are no longer virgins!!!
If your virginity is still intact great, but understand once you lose it is does not change who you are just your biological status of virginity.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by tpia: 1:44am On Jul 11, 2007
@ameromoge
because they/men will treat that virgin the same once she is no longer one.  Believe me when I say they place no more real value on her than he does a non virgin cause once he has accomplished his goal she is the same as the rest.

true talk.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by zubbiedan(m): 9:49am On Jul 11, 2007
dignity is much more better,
being a V-yansh does not make one to be good
most often than none once they lose it you see them going wild.(that for those who cling on to their virginity for too long)
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by tourmaline(f): 2:40pm On Jul 11, 2007
Hi Guys,virginity brings diginity and dignity is about the u place on your self.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by Joey82(m): 4:49pm On Jul 11, 2007
I thought this topic was rested, we can argue till thy kingdom come, every body will still hold on to his/her point. One basic truth is that virginity enhances one's dignity,even players (especially males), are proud of meeting a lady that is still a virgin.

As for the men, it is hard to proove whether they deflowered or not owing to the way their sex organs are made, but imagine Kaka (AC Milan) proudly announced on his wedding eve that He was still a virgin, even if He was lying, everybody looked at him with an eye of dignity.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:02pm On Jul 11, 2007
You are retarded

and when this woman supposedly loses it to her husband, the dignity goes away abi? Didirin.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by tng(f): 3:59pm On Jul 12, 2007
Majority of Africans are guided by religious teachings so that is why there is all the fuss about virginity.
when this woman supposedly loses it to her husband, the dignity goes away abi?

Loosing your virginity to your husband is seen as right in the eyes of God and men so the woman doesnt lose her dignity instead she is respected the more by the husband(If he cares about that).
Fact is society sees a virgin as more dignified than a non virgin which is not necessarily true.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by luxoire(f): 4:09pm On Jul 12, 2007
na wa ooooooooo

hahahahahahahaha, SO VIRGINS THINK THEY ARE MORE DIGNIFIED THAT NON-VIRGINS!!, lai lai, i have met some virgins that would shock the pants off a nun, if she were to hear what they had done, that excluded PENETRATING (because lets face it, every other aspect of love making, except that keeps the hymen in tact)

vigins be having clitoral orgasms, rendering BJ's left right and centre, and still go and sit on the front pew claiming dignity, lol makes me laugh at such hypocrisy!!

If YOU ARE A VIRGIN, CLEAN IN MIND,BODY, AND THOUGHTS (and have not been used), then YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR DIGNITY STEMS FROM

IF YOU ARE A WOMAN WHO IS NOT A VIRGIN, BUT FAITHFUL AND HONEST TO WHO EVER SHE IS WITH, YOU ALSO KNOW WHERE YOUR DIGNITY COMES FROM

but my warning to virgins is this: YOU HAD BETTER LOOK FOR ANOTHER SOURCE OF DIGNITY OTHER THAN YOUR DIGNITY, because WHEN U LOSE IT, U'LL STILL NEED PPL TO APPRECIATE AND RESPECT YOU AS A WOMAN, AS A PERSON, AS SOMEONE WITH THE RIGHT MORALS AND PRINCIPLES, [/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]not just cos ur a virgin
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by 2dye4(m): 4:16pm On Jul 12, 2007
@ luxoire: my dear, u trashed the issue fairly. i hope we all can rest from the virginity episodes
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by luxoire(f): 4:21pm On Jul 12, 2007
2dye4:

@ luxoire: my dear, u trashed the issue fairly. i hope we all can rest from the virginity episodes

omo, thank u, but i had to say i laughed at the use of the word 'episode'
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by k0be: 12:53am On Jul 13, 2007
luxoire why did you feel the need to type in all caps. everything you've mentioned was addressed.

the thread starter didn't say virgins think they're more dignified than non-virgins
he asked which one you'd prefer.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by samsilo(m): 12:55am On Jul 13, 2007
A lot of men trip and dream about the idea of owning a woman completely.
They think if they are the first to have sex with a woman it makes them special and they hope especially if they married the virgin to be the only one to do this for ever after.
Unfortunately the facts of life are sadly not often what you dream of. That virgin today will may perform wonders later.

I know a married woman who got married as a virgin, as I said in my earlier post out of fear of some traditional curse in thier area at the age of 17. She was bold enough to tell me she was giving one guy( not her husband) hand jobs regularly because she was still afraid of this their village curse, this time  fear of adultery.

I wonder how long that fear will last before she goes the full monty because she told me she likes the guy.(Poor husband)

Virginity has absolutely nothing to do with dignity
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by AnuYakubu(m): 6:56pm On Jul 16, 2007
Landers,in any topics relating to MORALITY,
God is the source of true wisdom.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by sage(m): 9:43pm On Jul 16, 2007
Joey82:

I thought this topic was rested, we can argue till thy kingdom come, every body will still hold on to his/her point. One basic truth is that virginity enhances one's dignity,even players (especially males), are proud of meeting a lady that is still a virgin.

As for the men, it is hard to proove whether they deflowered or not owing to the way their sex organs are made, but imagine Kaka (AC Milan) proudly announced on his wedding eve that He was still a virgin, even if He was lying, everybody looked at him with an eye of dignity.

That Kaka part.

i wonder if any guy really envied him or looked at him with dignity. Most Milan fans cant even understand why he got married so early. Some even think it was rash and uncalled for.

But to a certain part i agree with you. Men use double standards when it comes to sex and judging women. A man who has had 70 women does not see himself as beign different from one that has only had one.

Ironically that same guy sees a woman that has had one sex partner as worse and undignified when compared to one that has yet to experience sex. undecided.

Its probably a function of soceity though. Which can explain why African men dont like to marry a woman that has been married before (Probably coz her dignity has been taken away and she has been defiled by another man undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by sage(m): 9:49pm On Jul 16, 2007
This topic looks retarded from the time i saw it. Was not worth spending time on

But why must i comment on everything AC Milan related? grin grin grin cheesy

Seems like i need to check into rehab for MilanManiaism cheesy grin cool.

This is getting so bad i cant even distinguish b/w the sports and romance section
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:37pm On Jul 16, 2007
Hello sage smiley
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by kulaShaker(f): 9:30am On Jul 17, 2007
k0be:

luxoire why did you feel the need to type in all caps. everything you've mentioned was addressed.

the thread starter didn't say virgins think they're more dignified than non-virgins
he asked which one you'd prefer.

kobe thank you
exactly and typing in caps will not make everyone suddenly feel different, all have their own opinion , talk about self-obsession
Joey82:

thank you.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by sage(m): 7:41pm On Jul 17, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Hello sage smiley

Hey @ Thief

How you de? Im just de hang in there. Kind of having a lil bit of a stress ful summer in DC. Howz the big apple smiley. I just dropped a comment for you in the religion section. Too much wahala there though.

Good to see were still kool though despite the whole religion commotion cheesy

Whatz up with you this summer anywayz
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:12am On Jul 18, 2007
If anything luxiore is the only one who made any sense so far. caplocks and all

sage jare, I was in Maryland last week, was gonna see Dbanj but I heard that slowpoke didnt come out til like 3am and barely sang anything. Gosh the weather is unbearably humid in that state of yours. jeez

I dey jare. hustling tongue lol. of course we're cool, aside from the whole thread on that stuff, I usually agree with alot of what you say. wink so where did you leave the comment?
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by k0be: 2:11am On Jul 18, 2007
If anything luxiore is the only one who made any sense so far. caplocks and all
put a sock in your mouth joh. how disrespectful. plain ignorance.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by Harlex(m): 4:38am On Jul 18, 2007
at least, it makes you more confortable,
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:03pm On Jul 18, 2007
kobe you berra shut up ova there. mugun l'omo
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by k0be: 10:02pm On Jul 18, 2007
afi mugun naa. won ti f'agbari e nudi, abi ori p'ori e o pe.

nkan to wi tele yen fi han wipe ilakaye e tin sonu die die.

bawo ni, se daa daa la rii yin ba loni.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by iKoRn(m): 10:49pm On Jul 18, 2007
If I had to choose, I would rather have dignity than to be a virgin. Girls treasure virginity more than men do. Those who are virgins think they are morally pure vis-a-vis to those who have lost it. From a man point of view, my dignity can get me somewhere; job, friendship, a good relationship et cetera while being a virgin will only get me screwed.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:26am On Jul 19, 2007
k0be:

bawo ni, se daa daa la rii yin ba loni.

lehin to ti bu mi ton abi? lo wa fi kii mi ni sin sad
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by k0be: 12:35am On Jul 19, 2007
anti temi nikan ni too to, e ma binu. hope all is well with you
, /, /
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by Nobody: 12:59am On Jul 19, 2007
This is an english thread so please say whatever u want to say so all can understand.!
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by niceuzor: 1:40am On Jul 19, 2007
That's true Dear kiss ,abi because na una broda get NL?

plz give us a break grin biko
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:46am On Jul 19, 2007
oh hush up michelin. tongue

Most of your Edo breathen understand Yoruba, better go and brush up on it as well

kobe, im fine. you're lucky that I like you too much to fight with you cheesy
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by niceuzor: 2:21am On Jul 19, 2007
plz mind the way you talk to me michelin sad sad
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:46am On Jul 19, 2007
please mind your business sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Lady Immediately After Having Sex? / I Caught My Over Aged Son Sucking My Wife's Breast - Distraughted Man Reveals / I Hate My New Looks. Look At How I Look Now. [PICTURE]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.