Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Dignity Or Virginity - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dignity Or Virginity (5937 Views)

Guys Or Babes, Who Lose Their Virginity The Earliest? / Virginity Is Dignity, Not Lack Of Opportunity / Virginity Is Not Dignity,it Is Just Lack Of Opportunity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dignity Or Virginity by k0be: 10:06pm On Jul 07, 2007
Emphasis was(is) heavily placed on virginity in some societies, that's why many people consider it dignitary.
Dignity and Virginity are not synonymous but they can be linked.

Dignity:
the quality or state of being worthy, honored, or esteemed
A high rank office or position; a legal title of nobility or honor
formal reserve or seriousness of manner, appearance, or language.

The reason they're interrelated is that virgins feel their virginity gives them a sense of self-respect, pride, and self-worth(which they consider dignifying).

Being a non-virgin does not disqualify you from having dignity.
Dignity or Virginity? Silly comparison, but I'll go with you already know.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by Esss(m): 11:11pm On Jul 07, 2007
What is all this virginity wahala biko nu?

So a girl who was circumcised at birth (i.e a girl with no clit), does this mean they have cut off her diginty?

Or a 40year old virgin guy who self-services 8 times a day. Does that mean there is more dignity in wanking than in fuc.king?

Since when does loosing your virginity also mean loosing dignity? because if virginity means dignity that means boys have (more or less?? I'm confused) dignity than girls do. because our (male) virgin/dis-virgined status is quite indistinguishable.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 07, 2007
Esss:

So a girl who was circumcised at birth (i.e a girl with no clit), does this mean they have cut off her diginty?

The presence or absence of the clitoris doesn't determine the state of virgnity of a lady. The hymen which is situated inside the vagina is what says if a lady is a virgin or not!
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by k0be: 11:27pm On Jul 07, 2007
The hymen which is situated inside the vagina is what says if a lady is a virgin or not!
Chick without a hymen can claim to be a virgin.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by denex: 11:34pm On Jul 07, 2007
This is strange. Is Virginity the opposite of Dignity? Most of us in here are not virgins. Does that mean we have no dignity?

Are virginity and dignity mutually exclusive.

Well, I have never been interested in going out with a virgin and never will I be.

Even the topic defeats itself. dignity or virginity means that if you have dignity, you have no virginity and if you have virginity, you have no dignity.
It doesn't make sense.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by k0be: 11:37pm On Jul 07, 2007
I said it's a silly comparison, I don't know how it dragged on this long.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 07, 2007
k0be:

Chick without a hymen can claim to be a virgin.

She claims but she isn't!
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by Esss(m): 11:41pm On Jul 07, 2007
denex:

Well, I have never been interested in going out with a virgin and never will I be.

WAT?? Me I'm Interested oh! How can somebody open mineral for me to drink. Me I want to open one for myself.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by k0be: 11:42pm On Jul 07, 2007
Girls without hymen can be virgins.

The presence of Hymen does not "tell all," especially with the reconstruction surgeries that have popped out of no where.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by Seun(m): 11:45pm On Jul 07, 2007
I girl who is circumsized at birth is messed up for life. yes, her dignity is gone, and her parents should pay for it.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by k0be: 11:46pm On Jul 07, 2007
Seun is an extremist.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jul 07, 2007
Seun:

I girl who is circumsized at birth is messed up for life. yes, her dignity is gone, and her parents should pay for it.

I think dignity has nothing to do with a circumsized girl. it would be more correct to say the parents have lost their dignity by messing up their daughter's life.

A girl in such condition has lost her sexuality or rather what defines her sexuality as a woman. She can still have a lot of dignity!
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by denex: 11:52pm On Jul 07, 2007
@Esss

disvirgining a woman, is it fun? Is it exciting? Is it better than regular sex?

Perhaps maybe it's also because literally I prefer people to open my mineral for me. I don't see anything exciting in attempting to disvirgin a woman.

I like a woman with sexual prowess and versatility, and I really can't see how a virgin can be that skilled.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jul 07, 2007
Esss:

WAT?? Me I'm Interested oh! How can somebody open mineral for me to drink. Me I want to open one for myself.

You find it thrilling disvirgining a lady. Seeing her in pains as blood (sometimes) flow down her thighs. What's so special about this?

How can you compare a girl to a bottle of mineral. This is pure objectification of women!
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by bodeya(f): 12:01am On Jul 08, 2007
@ seun,
take it easy,we appreciate ur pro-virginity,
@ posts,
i am pro virginity for the girls not cos it brings dignity or wot not,but simply because it gives u one less thing to worry about in life,
   well said that d fact a girl aint a virgin doesnt mean she is undignified, i have a lot of non virgin girlfriends whom any man would be damn lucky to stay with,and virgin girls who lack it so the real question should be,how many patners would be considered too much for a girl to loose her dignity
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by jgirl3: 1:31pm On Jul 08, 2007
michelin89:

She claims but she isn't!
Sorry to say this, but that's freakin' ignorant.
Who told you the hymen can only be torn during sex? FYI, it can be torn during horseback riding and extreme exercises. So because a girl stretches her legs too often or too wide, she's disvirgined? Oh please!

This virgin thing is overrated. Because a woman doesn't want to have sex, it becomes a thing of praise. What about girls who were raped of their virginities? They have no more dignity or what? Seriously - can we even stop this obsession with virginity?
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 08, 2007
@ j-girl

if you mean virginity as a state of mind then right, a girl without a hymen who has never engaged herself in a sexual intercourse is still a virgin.

But physically I am sorry but she is no more. The hymen determines the physical virginity of a lady and without it, a lady can't still be called a virgin.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by k0be: 6:01pm On Jul 08, 2007
Michelin, put a lid on it, go read some books, educate your mind.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by RichDad1(m): 6:06pm On Jul 08, 2007
Does being a Virgin makes a lady a better wife?beware not everything that glitters are gold , Shine your eyes shocked
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 08, 2007
k0be:

Michelin, put a lid on it, go read some books, educate your mind.

Thanks for spelling my name right!  cheesy

A reconstructed girl is not a virgin because the hymen is unique and once lost, any attempt to rebuild it is just pathetic.

Would you call still a girl who broke her hymen while masurbating a virgin just because she hasn't been penetrated by a man yet? No, I don't think so.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by k0be: 6:35pm On Jul 08, 2007
I understand what you're saying, but you're still missing the point.
Although the presence of the hymen in most cases is a valid indication that a girl is a virgin, there are other cases where girls tore their hymen during extensive activities.  Female athletes for example.

If you have some articles to explain what you're trying to get at, post it and I'll kindly read it.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by kulaShaker(f): 6:44pm On Jul 08, 2007
oh the V debate lol
I don't see any place for Virginity and dignity , i mean its like chalk and cheese. Some virgins are far from dignified these days. I agree with what Kobe said about the two going hand in hand in the past, but with the change in times, i don't think one qualifies the other. I am a virgin(in the true sense of the word), in some ways i have some dignity about myself, but not on the basis of the state of my Hymen. tehn again some one may read this post and say i have no dignity because i should not discuss the state of my Vagina *shrugs* so there you go
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by k0be: 6:49pm On Jul 08, 2007
abi o kulashaker. but you are a virgin shocked. your tongue too sharp self.
don't mind those who say you shouldn't flaunt around your virginity, while they're out there flaunting their sexual prowess.
they're just virgin-haters. denex and the likes.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by kulaShaker(f): 6:56pm On Jul 08, 2007
fluant? naw. no no no. nothing to flaunt , because i see nothing special in it, I am not into men *if you know what i mean* wink
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by k0be: 12:38am On Jul 09, 2007
eww, you should be ashamed of yourself cheesy
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by samsilo(m): 12:40am On Jul 09, 2007
I honestly wonder in todays world what it means to be an adult (above 16) and a virgin other than the fact that you do no know some things which others do.
 I can sympathise with religious people and those living in Naija when they go on about virginity.
Where I live if you are a 20 year old virgin ,male or female ,its more like a handicap. I also think it has nothing at all to do with dignity of the person.
     A girl may be a virgin because in her culture she will be seen as "loose" if she is not before marriage,It is fear that is responsible for that.
  In cultures where sex between adults is not seen as a sin,or bad and where women are regarded as equals to men ,this virgin matter falls flat on its face.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by timmy7(m): 1:03pm On Jul 09, 2007
Dignity ko virginity ni, my friend leave dignity out of virginity for crying out loud imagine,correlation=0 have u not heard that virginity is not dignity but rather absence of opportunity enh?(no be me talk am sha o) It was in the era of our forefathers you can say that,because when a man is getting married, he must bring out a white handkerchief stained in blood to prove the virginity and dignity so to speak of the wife, but today virginity is not dignity.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by denex: 1:56pm On Jul 09, 2007
@samsilo

please help me tell them. Because I have said it and I will say it again. I don't think I can shake hands with a virgin. To me it's like some kind of disability or handicap.

Some may say "I saw a blind man in Kano"

Others may say "I saw a leper at Benin-Ore road"

and I will say "I saw an adult virgin Sokoto".

I just believe they have some very severe form of Social Handicap which is worse than being blind, deaf or dumb.
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by bodeya(f): 7:44pm On Jul 09, 2007
oh my,what is this world turning into, sad sad sad sad,
@denex,
quick question,,re u home or abroad?
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 09, 2007
bodeya:

quick question,,re u home or abroad?

He lives in Lagos so I am sorry he is not westernized!
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by Esss(m): 11:55pm On Jul 09, 2007
michelin89:

You find it thrilling disvirgining a lady. Seeing her in pains as blood (sometimes) flow down her thighs. What's so special about this?

How can you compare a girl to a bottle of mineral. This is pure objectification of women!

I aint objectifying nobody o! and michelin89 I'm sorry if I offended you (you know i wouldn't do that to you intentionally). It was just a figure of speech.

All I'm saying is I'll really love to have that experience. Everyman should be entitled to it. dont you think so?
Re: Dignity Or Virginity by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 09, 2007
Esss:

I aint objectifying nobody o! and michelin89 I'm sorry if I offended you (you know i wouldn't do that to you intentionally). It was just a figure of speech.

All I'm saying is I'll really love to have that experience. Everyman should be entitled to it. don't you think so?

I wonder what is so intriguing in seeing your dick covered with blood.

And some of the men who want to disvirgin won't have anything to do with a girl during her period.

Strange!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Love Almost Kiled Me / Swag! Bittyend And Friends / 10 Places To Touch A Woman And Make Her Go Crazy For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.