Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,667 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House (18657 Views)

Tinubu: I Didn't Travel To France And I am Still The Jagaban / Buhari Mourns Isa Funtua, Says He Stood By Him During His Political journey / Dino Melaye: Smart Adeyemi Is Still My Political Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:38pm On Feb 19, 2021
A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu , has hailed the late first civilian governor of Lagos State , Alhaji Lateef Jakande .
This was at the eight - day Fidau prayer session held for Jakande who served between October 1, 1979, and December 31, 1983 .
The event was also attended by former Governor of Ogun State, Chief Olusegun Osoba ; former Inspector-General of Police , Musliliu Smith; Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State ; Governor Babajide Sanwo -Olu of Lagos State among others .

Speaking at the event, Tinubu revealed a bit of a discussion he had with the former governor, pointing out that he started his political career at Jakande ’ s house .
“ He said go, we need many like you. Go to the Senate. The rest is history ,” the APC chieftain said .
He went on to hail the deceased saying even though he’ s no more , he’ s still existing .
“ We pray for Nigeria to give us more leaders that are prudent , very honest , give priority to the future, looking at what will become the life of the children, ” he added.

Tinubu had, a few days ago , said that what Lagos State has been able to accomplish is because of the groundwork set by Jakande .

He could appropriately be described as the last of the titans ranking with the likes of Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe , Chief Adekunle Ajasin, Pa Abraham Adesanya , Chief Bola Ige , Chief Olabiyi Onabanjo , Alhaji Balarabe Musa, Alhaji Aminu Kano , among others.
“ Whatever we have been able to accomplish in Lagos State is because of the groundwork Pa Jakande set out before us. In so many ways , he is the inspirational father of modern Lagos State.

In housing, education, health care, and road construction, he left an indelible imprint.

“Thousands of Lagosian families still reside in the several housing estates he constructed across the state. Thousands of beneficiaries of his free education scheme are accomplished professionals and successful individuals in diverse fields today,” his statement partly read

https://punchng.com/i-started-my-political-journey-at-jakandes-house-says-tinubu/

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by NwaNimo1(m): 7:39pm On Feb 19, 2021

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by soberdrunk(m): 7:42pm On Feb 19, 2021
It's an insult to the memory of a great leader like Jakande to be associated with Mr Tinubu..... angry

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by fuckingAyaya(m): 7:55pm On Feb 19, 2021
He said go we need many like who?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by festacman(m): 8:05pm On Feb 19, 2021
Baba kekere Lateef Jakande was a selfless performer as a governor. May his soul rest in peace.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by nams77: 8:06pm On Feb 19, 2021
W
Re: Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by daddytime(m): 8:07pm On Feb 19, 2021
Oniro 1 of Iro land.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by Charmingrascal(m): 8:07pm On Feb 19, 2021
And you want to end it as a Fulani slave who can't speak up when his people need him to speak for them.

History will not forgive you!!

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by PCG1: 8:08pm On Feb 19, 2021
tɦɛ ʀɛaʟ ʏaɦօօ ɮօʏs օʄ ʟa ʟa cool

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by Chenzy(m): 8:09pm On Feb 19, 2021
Kàbò

Wetin concern me?
Re: Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by ForeThinker: 8:09pm On Feb 19, 2021
I am so proud of everyone who made it through this week and I want you to take a moment to stop and reflect on how amazing that is despite everything you've been going through and may it give you hope for all the other weeks to come that you'll get through.

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by lekki1444: 8:09pm On Feb 19, 2021
cheesy
Re: Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by Perfectsouth(m): 8:09pm On Feb 19, 2021
TINUBU HAD , A FEW DAYS AGO , SAID THAT WHAT LAGOS STATE HAS BEEN ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH IS BECAUSE OF THE GROUNDWORK SET BY JAKANDE

haba, na which kin lie be this? PA jakande didn't set groundwork for drug trafficking, looting and converting public properties and funds into private use naw, make this yellow teeth no allow dead body slap am from grave o..

HE SAID GO, WE NEED MANY LIKE YOU

go where abeg? Jakande and Tinubu were never acquaintance... Maybe he should go to hell fire where people who have looted Nigeria to coma deserve

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by luscioustrish(f): 8:09pm On Feb 19, 2021
No one asked.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by JosephXavier: 8:09pm On Feb 19, 2021
Tinubu should not be allowed to become Nigerian president if we have the betterment of Nigeria in mind

These old criminals should be done away with

They are the reason Nigeria is stagnant

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by Hungarriman: 8:10pm On Feb 19, 2021
Re: Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by geendi(f): 8:10pm On Feb 19, 2021
this one speaks only when it comes to
politics. Fulani herdsmen will soon get to him or his interest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by Sonnobax15(m): 8:10pm On Feb 19, 2021
tongue
The kind smack down wey Nigerians go give this man political career if him venture contest for presidency no go funny one bit..

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by MrNipplesLover(m): 8:10pm On Feb 19, 2021
Drug addict motherfuckerrrr, angry

Ogun kill u there!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by marsman: 8:10pm On Feb 19, 2021
Remove Azikwe from that list. Watch as our flat headed brothers, who intentionally skipped Uzodimmas thread, will flood this prodigy's thread. All this village people and their sorrow. cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by slawormiir: 8:11pm On Feb 19, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
We don't care to know where you political career started from.

But what we are interested in is when and where your political career is gonna end

Your wings is gonna be clipped before 2023

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by oluwasegun007(m): 8:11pm On Feb 19, 2021
Yinmuuu

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by composure: 8:11pm On Feb 19, 2021
And ended it in the core Fulani north.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by GIANTPLUSHUB: 8:11pm On Feb 19, 2021
Okay sir
Re: Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by oluwasegun007(m): 8:12pm On Feb 19, 2021
Waiting for speech like he was my mentor.
Re: Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by Owaincouncil: 8:12pm On Feb 19, 2021
And where did you end it. Because you have been killed by buhari since

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 19, 2021
Thousands of beneficiaries of his free education scheme are accomplished professionals and successful individuals in diverse fields today,” his statement partly read. Coming from Tinubu's mouth angry

If these people can be thoughtful & stop being selfish, maybe things would be better for Naija

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 19, 2021
And I wasted my precious time to read all of this.... Jagajaga person

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House by DontCough: 8:12pm On Feb 19, 2021
Really? Guilty Conscience.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Social Media Our Greatest Nightmare- Lai Mohammed / APC Extends Oyegun's Tenure By One Year / Femi Adesina: President Buhari Has Shown Mercy To Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.