Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,980 members, 7,838,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

APGA Should Be Scrapped - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APGA Should Be Scrapped (677 Views)

Nasarawa APGA Guber Candidate, Labaran Maku Canvasses Support For Jonathan / APGA - Governors’ Forum Should Be Scrapped / Full List Of Endangered Agencies To Be Scrapped - Orosanye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APGA Should Be Scrapped by Onlytruth(m): 7:28am On Apr 11, 2011
The electoral results from the legislative elections has finally proven that APGA has been hijacked by lame politicians in Igboland.

Before this election, APGA Chairman Victor Umeh was boasting that APGA will capture the whole SE.
Well, as things stand now, APGA may not even capture Anambra State, and has already lost Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi , parts of Imo and Anambra states.

In what is emerging a show of shame, APGA's Dora Akunyili, a nationally acknowledged amazon, is fighting for her political life with a self centered and individualistic Ngige, with all kinds of allegations flying around.

SE has largely been captured by PDP. Some of us support only GEJ for presidential elections, but hoped that APGA could win local representative elections to enable us have a voice at the center; but alas that is not what is happening. We are losing the entire SE to PDP.

I don't have much grudge against PDP (especially the reformed PDP), but APGA should be scrapped if SE is a PDP zone.

We should then accept whatever ignominious political appointment we get from the PDP government ( as we've done in the past 12 years), and shut up.

I don't want to hear any one complain tomorrow about supposed Igbo marginalization in Nigeria.

So, Peter Obi should join PDP immediately, along with all APGA politicians.

I hate confusion, and what is emerging in Igboland now is total confusion.

One party should take charge and represent us well at the center. For now, PDP is that party.
Re: APGA Should Be Scrapped by Onlytruth(m): 7:33am On Apr 11, 2011
For us to have a voice at the center, APGA should merge with PDP immediately, and even if Ngige wins, he would be our eyes and ears in ACN.
For now, since PDP has won majority of representative positions in SE, APGA should be scrapped immediately.

Maybe one day, when some of us become old enough and gather enough clout, we can then revisit the APGA idea.
For now, it has failed. cool
Re: APGA Should Be Scrapped by onyengbu: 7:44am On Apr 11, 2011
If you dont know, APGA = Agulu People's Grand Alliance.

Peter Obi formed that party and suddenly he is deciding to sell it.
Person no get right to sell im property again?
Abeg leave d gangstar alone oo.
Re: APGA Should Be Scrapped by Metalgoong(m): 7:46am On Apr 11, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

If you dont know, APGA = Agulu People's Grand Alliance.

Peter Obi formed that party and suddenly he is deciding to sell it.
Person no get right to sell im property again?
Abeg leave d gangstar alone oo.

Onye ngbu stop living up to your name. Dora has retired your okija priest.
Re: APGA Should Be Scrapped by dayokanu(m): 7:52am On Apr 11, 2011
But the PDP has many children from the North in kano to SS in Rivers to Kwara to Taraba.

So who caters for the specific demands of the Igbos?

Who fights for you when the desires of Igbos collide with others within the PDP.

IMO if APGA is scrapped another Igbo-centric party should be raised. Trust me you need in as long as you are in Nigeria
Re: APGA Should Be Scrapped by Onlytruth(m): 7:58am On Apr 11, 2011
Thanks a million dayokanu.

I'm truly saddened by what is happening.

I started suspecting since last year that something was wrong with APGA. I became more convinced when people like Uche Chukwumerije could not join APGA after his debacle at PPA. Same with Sullivan Chime of Enugu state.
This election finally confirmed my fears.

Not to worry, we will advocate for a NEW party.  cool

Your points are all spot on.  cool cool
Re: APGA Should Be Scrapped by onyengbu: 8:09am On Apr 11, 2011
Metal gong,
hapu my name gee nti n' ihe m ma ekwu.

Peter Obi is a one man gang and im so happy the world is seeing that now.

I have nothing against Dora. Not even one thing against her. I wont be sad if dora wins but not when he does that wit obi's help.

That man must be checked else he will make Adedibu look like a saint.
Re: APGA Should Be Scrapped by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 11, 2011
I dont think APGA should be scrapped.

SW is not all ACN. . . we still have PDP and LP. . . . each party to speak for us. So you need APGA, PDP and ACN in the SE
Re: APGA Should Be Scrapped by Onlytruth(m): 8:24am On Apr 11, 2011
^^

So, what is the proportion of each party in SW?
Isn't it like 80% ACN, 20% others?
We clearly know which party would speak for SW.

Which party will speak for Ndigbo at the national assembly?
PDP?

I hope you see the fallacy of your position.
Re: APGA Should Be Scrapped by Onlytruth(m): 8:30am On Apr 11, 2011
APGA under Peter Obi is blocking the way for us.
Obi should take his APGA into PDP, that way, we know that we are back in 1999. That would make way for another party to emerge and to speak for us (Ndigbo) in subsequent elections.
Re: APGA Should Be Scrapped by Gbawe: 9:07am On Apr 11, 2011
Onlytruth:

^^

So, what is the proportion of each party in SW?
Isn't it like 80% ACN, 20% others?
We clearly know which party would speak for SW.

Which party will speak for Ndigbo at the national assembly?
PDP?

I hope you see the fallacy of your position.

That is not good at all and I understand your thinking . We all insisted on free and fair elections because we automatically assumed that would translate into Nigerians everywhere voting out their oppressors of 12 years rather than reward their unacceptable incompetence that has made us a joke. We needed to change the appalling status quo yet some voted for it to stay. Highly dissapointing . AT least, from now one, some folks should spare us their rants of "PDP misrule"because , with how they voted, they have lost the right to condemn the PDP routinely when they are having bad days.

(1) (Reply)

'buhari Can Be President In 2015' Says 'comical' Ohakim / 7,500 Police Officers For Elections In Ekiti / Imo Supplementary Elections: Ohakim May Win.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.