Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo (65213 Views)

Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers / Villagers In Indonesia Killed 300 Crocodile After One Killed A Man(Pics) / Lady Raped And Beheaded In Congo For Serving Forbidden Fish To Rebels (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by 0taPiaPia(m): 10:11am On Mar 03, 2021
So when is the chaos starting ? lipsrsealed
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by jaxxy(m): 10:21am On Mar 03, 2021
I just watched the movie Gold 2 days back. It has to be in large deposits to attract the right attention.
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by johndho(m): 10:25am On Mar 03, 2021
I wonder why African countries with all this wealth, and we still remain poorest.
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by einsteine(m): 10:26am On Mar 03, 2021
More war in Congo. That country has diamonds (highest in the world), crude oil, gold, Copper, Bauxite, Germanium, Palladium, Platinum, Uranium, Limestone (highest in Africa), Cobalt, Silver, Timber (2nd highest in the world), Hydroelectricity potential (River Congo can provide enough electricity to power the entire Africa), etc and yet it will forever be poor.
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by eliwa47(m): 10:31am On Mar 03, 2021
Believe me, African are endowed with endless natural resources but we're still surfering. God have mercy.
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Positivity(m): 10:33am On Mar 03, 2021
planetx:
Without the Coltan and Cobalt from Congo laptops, smartphones and electric vehicles will not be possible. That is why the country has been destabilized for decades by this bloody imperialists and their African collaborators.

The country has never known peace. The only man that ever tried to oppose Belgian rule was spectacularly murdered with fanfare. . . .
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by iLegendd(m): 10:40am On Mar 03, 2021
If this was Nigeria, the below will play out.

If the mountain of gold was found in the South, the government will quickly mobilize the military to go protect the mountain and ignore protecting the people.

If it was in the North, the government will say, "It's yours — enjoy,," but secretly empower terrorists to go kill the miners so they can still have the gold for themselves.

I don't kill, but I can easily kill any politician without remorse — that's how much I hate them.

One day, I pray Nigeria gets to a level where politicians will be endangered species and even with their jazz and all the occult groups they belong, we'll bring them down. It's just a matter of time.

2 Likes

Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by magaji700(m): 10:40am On Mar 03, 2021
netmillionaires:
That only happens in the southern part of nigeria. They don't do shit in the north.

I served in Gwanara, Baruten LG, Kwara in 2013. I went to visit one of my hausa student who owns a tea shop there. While teaching him, I heard some of the people who came to the shop talking about some deposits of gold in the area. What caught my attention was when one of them states that some are white, blue, green etc. I wondered how gold could have colours other that shiny yellow, so I asked for pictures. What I saw on their phones are ruby, emerald, sapphire and diamond.

A corper and I arranged with some students to take us there on their bikes hoping to get our hands on some fortune. When we got there, we couldn't believe the crowd. It was just like in OP picture. Some people came from Oyo and as far as Benin republic. So many people with pickaxe, shovel and other tools. They make lines to delineate each person's alloted property to avoid quarrel. We just stood there looking at 6 feet deep holes that measures the size of Onipan to Maryland/Anthony.
As we could not get a piece of the land to work on nor have the tools to work with, we requested to see the extracted products. One guy showed us his. We saw emerald, sapphire and ruby but didnt get to see the diamond. I couldn't snap it because the village has no light and the only place to charge is at a network mast so I already left my phone to charge before leaving Gwanara.

The only thing the government said is that once the people move out, they would take over the place. This is contrary to what hold sway in the southern part of Nigeria, where the government will just move in with the military and start shooting people calling them different evil names.

Bro, I also served in Osun state, Atakumosa east LG. The Chinese do mine gold there massively illegally. The natives there live in penury and the area there isn't developed at all. The only good thing about those areas is good road network. No social amenities nothing at all. undecided lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Usorohtheman(m): 10:44am On Mar 03, 2021
The problem with Africa is that Africans are not educated. Civilization is a function of education.
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Usorohtheman(m): 10:48am On Mar 03, 2021
einsteine:
More war in Congo. That country has diamonds (highest in the world), crude oil, gold, Copper, Bauxite, Germanium, Palladium, Platinum, Uranium, Limestone (highest in Africa), Cobalt, Silver, Timber (2nd highest in the world), Hydroelectricity potential (River Congo can provide enough electricity to power the entire Africa), etc and yet it will forever be poor.

They are not educated, bro.
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Whytelyon(m): 10:48am On Mar 03, 2021
planetx:
Without the Coltan and Cobalt from Congo laptops, smartphones and electric vehicles will not be possible. That is why the country has been destabilized for decades by this bloody imperialists and their African collaborators.

Its sad you dont know Hutu. (A major tribe in Congo)
That tribe be like Fulani Herdsmen. They are the tribe causing the civil unrest there from the onset and can never allow the country to be a better place. Watch what is going to happen once the leaders discover that mountain, na to prolong wars , fights and the rest. With all the minerals they have , that country is supposed to be heaven on earth. But no, Leaders will spring to opposition with the masses, Bloodsheds will start springing up here and there, before u know it, na full blown war.

They have bad leaders, and at the same time, that country like anything bloodshed, a case study - what the Hutu did in Rwanda. That 90 days was something else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Germi9: 10:49am On Mar 03, 2021
daddytime:
The neo colonialists are moving in with their war machines soon.

I pity the people and country.
omoh pack enough and relocate from that place
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by xxxXXXxxx: 10:49am On Mar 03, 2021
Africa Oh! Africa

I hope this newly discovered valuable resources would be put in use for the common good of the people,it must not be cornered by selfish interest.
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Cvesta(m): 10:49am On Mar 03, 2021
More problems for Congo .. another failed country who should ideally be one of the world top 15 richest countries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Malawian(m): 10:50am On Mar 03, 2021
ElValiente:
What how Congo will have nuclear weapons soon. Boom uncle Sam is coming for them. Smh
They actually have uranium. They may be the richest country in the whole world in terms of natural resources. Sadly, they are the poorest country in terms of living conditions. Even those gold those villagers dug out, watch how unknown bandits will start raiding them to confiscate the gold.

2 Likes

Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by blueAgent(m): 10:50am On Mar 03, 2021
Dasuks:

I mean that Congo's fg takes in 5 percent of revenues. Sad. Yes they must make profits, however given that compliance costs and other sustainability considerations are nonexistent, they have higher margins here (adding corruption).

That's what they said about oil till FG seized 35 percent in safrap (later elf and now total) and started positioning itself with the 60 % JV, ppt and royalty taxes. The co.s said they cant operate with all those, but today they r still here. Gaddafi started doing 55% , at first there was opposition, but afterwards everyone aligned.

Pre Opec, IOCs owned the oil and tankers. Only paid a tax on each barrel. But after the Arabs and South Americans nationalized it what happened? They cooperated.

Mining just hasn't had that push yet. How many mining cos try this nonsense in Australia or Canada? Provincial govts are swimming in cash money. Cos they yax it well.

Good, you got my point, just as Guenia did with their bauxite reserves, enter into partnership with the western firms on terms that are favourable to both parties especially the government.
Guinea government takes minimum of 45% stake on every bauxite reserves project.

My problem is not with the mining or mineral lease agreement as long as it favours African governments, my concern is what do the government do with their own share of the money.

Why is UAE,Saudi, Qatar, Kuwait, Malaysia and many more countries utilizing their own resources to benefit their people why Africans enslave theirs?

1 Like

Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Whytelyon(m): 10:51am On Mar 03, 2021
Germi9:

omoh pack enough and relocate from that place

U want to pack gold as an English man, even worse a Nigerian?
I dont think you know who this congolese people are.
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by blueAgent(m): 10:53am On Mar 03, 2021
Usorohtheman:
The problem with Africa is that Africans are not educated. Civilization is a function of education.

Yes, but the sad truth is that Africans no matter how educated they are still cannot function like civilized people.
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Liposure: 10:55am On Mar 03, 2021
Unified07:
people don't know about DR.congo arguably the most blessed country on earth unfortunately now the poorest,Africans are really cursed with bad leaders
they are rich but not as rich as china. China's total mineral deposits is valued at $23 trillion.
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by netmillionaires(m): 10:56am On Mar 03, 2021
I find all these annoying. When will Africa have sense. I watch an aljazeera documentary that state that the coca leaves been harvested in brazil is sold for $2 - $10 but after been processed into cocain is sold in America for $2,500. This is the same problem we have with cocoa that when processed cost about 20 percent more. The villagers will think the chinese are paying good money not knowing that they will process it and sell it for #20m - #50m while paying villagers #200k - #500k.

magaji700:

Bro, I also served in Osun state, Atakumosa east LG. The Chinese do mine gold there massively illegally. The natives there live in penury and the area there isn't developed at all. The only good thing about those areas is good road network. No social amenities nothing at all. undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Germi9: 10:56am On Mar 03, 2021
Whytelyon:

U want to pack gold as an English man, even worse a Nigerian?
I dont think you know who this congolese people are.
explain..
who are they?
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by HazzanTazzan(m): 10:56am On Mar 03, 2021
Mario1989:
If it's Nigeria, Government will take over the mountain, clear the gold and the money will be diverted to private pockets.

And who told you the congo govt won't do that?

Sebi the news has spread like wildfire now... it will shock you how the congo govt will militarize the village and how western govts too will bring their war
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Whytelyon(m): 10:58am On Mar 03, 2021
Liposure:
they are rich but not as rich as china. China's total mineral deposits is valued at $23 trillion.

Congo has Large Copper mines , far larger than Zambia which is the HQ of Copper mines on earth. I am talking about the one that powers your generator and Electrical sets.
Look left, minerals, Right , minerals

Where do you think Capital Oil made all that money? You think Nigeria?
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Whytelyon(m): 10:59am On Mar 03, 2021
Germi9:

explain..
who are they?

Go pack the gold, then come back and tell us who they are. grin
Those guys go skin you alive for there.

They hate English people. You come be Nigerian again, na e u day ask this one?
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by blueAgent(m): 11:00am On Mar 03, 2021
mike8804:
sure, that's why there will still be poverty. money is a tool of control created by the few to control the resources of the many. am not proposing trade by barter am just stating the fact

There is nothing wrong with using money.

How is money a tool of control?

I believe in pure capitalism where resources are allocated by market forces.
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Germi9: 11:01am On Mar 03, 2021
Whytelyon:

Go pack the gold, then come back and tell us who they are. grin
Those guys go skin you alive for there.

They hate English people. You come be Nigerian again, na e u day ask this one?
lolz.. okay
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by blueAgent(m): 11:02am On Mar 03, 2021
Dasuks:

I mean that Congo's fg takes in 5 percent of revenues. Sad. Yes they must make profits, however given that compliance costs and other sustainability considerations are nonexistent, they have higher margins here (adding corruption).

That's what they said about oil till FG seized 35 percent in safrap (later elf and now total) and started positioning itself with the 60 % JV, ppt and royalty taxes. The co.s said they cant operate with all those, but today they r still here. Gaddafi started doing 55% , at first there was opposition, but afterwards everyone aligned.

Pre Opec, IOCs owned the oil and tankers. Only paid a tax on each barrel. But after the Arabs and South Americans nationalized it what happened? They cooperated.

Mining just hasn't had that push yet. How many mining cos try this nonsense in Australia or Canada? Provincial govts are swimming in cash money. Cos they yax it well.

I don't believe you, that Congo FG takes only 5%, where is your source?
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by SKhanmi: 11:02am On Mar 03, 2021
l
Whytelyon:

The mountain where it was found is kept secret until this day.
they just showed us they have gold - From that Mountain. The name of the mountain was never told.

The real owners of congo will come looking, And wont hesitate to apply the same tactics they've used over the years, Divide and conquer. It's not coincidence that place is a warzone. Same thing happening in zamfara. Give both sides guns & hard currency to finish off each other while you cart away the resources underneath their myopic noses
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Whytelyon(m): 11:04am On Mar 03, 2021
blueAgent:

I don't believe you, that Congo FG takes only 5%, where is your source?

i doubt its 5%
but its what they show everyone on the internet to see.
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by khalids: 11:04am On Mar 03, 2021
Watch how quickly the french govt will take over from the back door
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Whytelyon(m): 11:06am On Mar 03, 2021
SKhanmi:
l

The real owners of congo will come looking, And wont hesitate to apply the same tactics they've used over the years, Divide and conquer. It's not coincidence that place is a warzone. Same thing happening in zamfara. Give both sides guns & hard currency to finish off each other while you cart away the resources underneath their myopic noses

The real owners ? Belgium? With what King Leopold II did to them? their genocidal past?
grin grin
Make we day see na. If them go survive am this time.
The country get as e be sha, u no lie.

1 Like

Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by sam564: 11:12am On Mar 03, 2021
are u sure the river tigris or euphrates containing gold that flows out of THE GARDEN OF EDEN did not pass tru that mountain??? if it is, den EDEN wont be far from there.... just thinking sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Donald Trump 'Sentenced To Death' By North Korea For Insulting Kim Jong Un / Photo Of A U.S Soldier Nursing The Afghan Baby Handed Over By Mother / Emmanuel Macron Holds Hajia Hinda Deby During Husband's State Funeral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.