Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,117 members, 7,835,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo (65207 Views)

Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers / Villagers In Indonesia Killed 300 Crocodile After One Killed A Man(Pics) / Lady Raped And Beheaded In Congo For Serving Forbidden Fish To Rebels (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by sam564: 11:17am On Mar 03, 2021
wait ooooo , is it not thesame congo that several world power countries harvest somany resources illegally without the country knowing???
the indigenes will just see exploited mountains and caves and they will think is natural phenomenom...... africa is blessed beyond comprehension....
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by blueAgent(m): 11:18am On Mar 03, 2021
Whytelyon:

i doubt its 5%
but its what they show everyone on the internet to see.

That's not true, it must be higher. I will check it.
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Liposure: 11:19am On Mar 03, 2021
Whytelyon:

Congo has Large Copper mines , far larger than Zambia which is the HQ of Copper mines on earth. I am talking about the one that powers your generator and Electrical sets.
Look left, minerals, Right , minerals

Where do you think Capital Oil made all that money? You think Nigeria?
I'm talking about rare earth metals, coal, gold, silver, cobalt, timber, antimony, tin, phosphate, bauxite, lead, zinc, graphite, vanadium, tungsten even copper and plenty more.
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Whytelyon(m): 11:19am On Mar 03, 2021
blueAgent:

That's not true, it must be higher. I will check it.

That is why i said i doubt its 5% , THEY WILL JUST SHOW US WHAT THEY WANT US TO SEE.
You did not read that part?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Whytelyon(m): 11:22am On Mar 03, 2021
Liposure:
I'm talking about rare earth metals, coal, gold, silver, cobalt, timber, antimony, tin, phosphate, bauxite, lead, zinc, graphite, vanadium, tungsten even copper and plenty more.

Yes na, me and you are saying the same thing. Congo has many of the aforementioned things you listed.
Their bad leaders make it look like they are broke and useless.

Same thing with this Useless leaders we have here. There are some states which has not discovered gold and other minerals in Nigeria, if they do, you think Nigeria will be broke? Africa no just get good leaders.
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Whytelyon(m): 11:32am On Mar 03, 2021
sam564:
wait ooooo , is it not thesame congo that several world power countries harvest somany resources illegally without the country knowing???
the indigenes will just see exploited mountains and caves and they will think is natural phenomenom...... africa is blessed beyond comprehension....

That country, Ethiopia , Tanzania, very blessed.

The minerals they have can feed the entire africa for years.
Na just Ethiopia day try for that East Africa, Rwanda too.
Rwanda is not too rich, but they trying.

Tanzania, Magunfuli borrow $40m USD to build Library, the same imbecility way day worry Nigeria.
Congo has all it takes to be a world power nation. But one sense like this no day their head. na War and fight them know.
Nonsense people.

1 Like

Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by ElValiente(m): 11:33am On Mar 03, 2021
Malawian:

They actually have uranium. They may be the richest country in the whole world in terms of natural resources. Sadly, they are the poorest country in terms of living conditions. Even those gold those villagers dug out, watch how unknown bandits will start raiding them to confiscate the gold.

So sad.
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Whytelyon(m): 11:36am On Mar 03, 2021
Malawian:

They actually have uranium. They may be the richest country in the whole world in terms of natural resources. Sadly, they are the poorest country in terms of living conditions. Even those gold those villagers dug out, watch how unknown bandits will start raiding them to confiscate the gold.

Africa , Oh my Africa!
The once bedrock of civilization, now the shamrock of shame, stupidity and the likes.

Its painful.
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Usorohtheman(m): 11:42am On Mar 03, 2021
blueAgent:

Yes, but the sad truth is that Africans no matter how educated they are still cannot function like civilized people.

Most Africans are not educated irrespective of the level of our acquired education.

This is because of our love for material things. We are greedy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by nsiba: 11:43am On Mar 03, 2021
Mario1989:
If it's Nigeria, Government will take over the mountain, clear the gold and the money will be diverted to private pockets.

In this year of 2021 wey jobless youth full every nooks and crannies and their eyes don tear scatter?
e be like say you are from Yewa in Ogun state wey Fulani don finish all of una
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Yusman316(m): 11:43am On Mar 03, 2021
inoki247:
That country about to turn a warzone with alot of rebel...
It already is
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by themanderon: 11:44am On Mar 03, 2021
FreeSpirited:
Congo is the most gifted and richest in natural resources in the world. But they are among the poorest in the world. Their untapped deposit is over 24 trillion dollars ..
Their problem is failed and oppressive leadership and the influence of Western powers on their resources...
If their leaders are willing, they can become the richest country in the world...
Africa seems to be cursed they have everything but they are the poorest...Europe have nothing compared to Africa..but they are the world giant..which way Africa?

PS: We are still under colonisation but we don't know...all our wealth is under the control of our politicians who are indirectly being controlled by Western powers...
We need another kind of struggle to really decolonise us completely..For. now we are under economic and political colonisation.... Only if the majority know this, they will fight and hunt the politicians to liberate themselves.

This is why I always laugh when people say we have got independence from the British. This is a pure lie. Africa is still very much under colonization just that it changed garments.
These western colonialists support complete idiots as presidents. The duty of these clowns is just to hold the forte for them while they continue to plunder the continent.
They ensure through these puppets that Africa remains the poverty stricken, disease ravaged continent it is today.
Make your research about how many billions of dollars France is raking in from Africa annually. Do you think that Paul Biya can remain in power for that long in Cameroon without the support of France? Never. Now why do you think with all the money we have in this nation it has still remained like a God forsaken cesspit? This roguish colonialists made it so.
Congo with all its tons of resources remains at war with itself simply because of the games of this same people. Soon the government will send its troops to take out those villagers and bring in their white Lords to mine that mountain for gold. They might even start harassing them to surrender the ones they might have harvested. That's how foolish and wicked African leaders are.

3 Likes

Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by ikorodureporta: 11:47am On Mar 03, 2021
Chau... this kyne things fit dey some Naija village now wey we never see
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 03, 2021
Congo is just a sad country, the world depends on Congo for a lot of resources, eg cobalt, diamond, gold, uranuim, etc but yet still one of the poorest countries in the world.

1 Like

Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by sam564: 11:59am On Mar 03, 2021
Whytelyon:

That country, Ethiopia , Tanzania, very blessed.

The minerals they have can feed the entire africa for years.
Na just Ethiopia day try for that East Africa, Rwanda too.
Rwanda is not too rich, but they trying.

Tanzania, Magunfuli borrow $40m USD to build Library, the same imbecility way day worry Nigeria.
Congo has all it takes to be a world power nation. But one sense like this no day their head. na War and fight them know.
Nonsense people.
wow...
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by gudugudumeje: 12:00pm On Mar 03, 2021
This village should get ready to buy arms and as well acquire and obtain native intelligence powers and trained defence forces - men and spirits - to combat neocolonialists who will come after them soon. Let them act fast. Or, they surrender to pillage and misuse.
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Whytelyon(m): 12:04pm On Mar 03, 2021
sam564:

wow...

Yea, Read about Tanzanite stones. One of the stones which is Rare and very expensive, Its found in back yards of several Tanzanians, they have everything , very beautiful country, drop dead gorgeous very beautiful women, food is cheap, everything. Yet i no understand watin day do africa.
Its sad my brother. very Sad. Congo own, na God sha go help them.
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 03, 2021
blueAgent:

I don't believe you, that Congo FG takes only 5%, where is your source?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.miningweekly.com/article.php%3fa_id=439304&rep_id=5582

Take for example this article about the ,Jewish buddy of Kabila, that mentions the govt stake of 5% in mining projects.. but regardless, Gertler controls 100%. So the 5 % is not even always guaranteed.

Check Congo govt revenues. Richest landmass in the world. Tell me if it adds up.
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Litmus: 12:12pm On Mar 03, 2021
Mario1989:
If it's Nigeria, Government will take over the mountain, clear the gold and the money will be diverted to private pockets.

Eh, yes, but in Congo, South Africa and the rest of the world, the government would invest in mining the gold then commit smiling ministers to distribute the money to everyone in the country or the government would wilfully sit back and do nothing so that owners of the land where the gold is found can peacefully mine the gold surrounded by red rose bushes, clear skies, fresh breeze and singing birds.
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Sunnydoo: 12:25pm On Mar 03, 2021
Pls book me for next bus to Congo grin
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by blueAgent(m): 12:29pm On Mar 03, 2021
Usorohtheman:

Most Africans are not educated irrespective of the level of our acquired education.

This is because of our love for material things. We are greedy.

True.

Education can not solve the problem of the blackman, even in western nations with high level of Education and leadership blacks always finds a way to be at the bottom of the society
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Whytelyon(m): 12:29pm On Mar 03, 2021
Sunnydoo:
Pls book me for next bus to Congo grin

Na visa free for naija Passport. Bus as a Nigerian and an English man, i dont know what the outcome will be. Nigeria don get bad name for there wella. Especially those ones way no fit hold their third leg.
Their ladies no too fine for face , but the body ehn.. O my God

Anyway, Congo is not advisable to go there , wars diseases and co. No say i no tell u.

1 Like

Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by blueAgent(m): 12:30pm On Mar 03, 2021
Whytelyon:

That is why i said i doubt its 5% , THEY WILL JUST SHOW US WHAT THEY WANT US TO SEE.
You did not read that part?
Who will show us, the government or the western companies ?
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Whytelyon(m): 12:30pm On Mar 03, 2021
blueAgent:

Who will show us, the government or the western companies ?

None of the above. What they want you to see is that 5%

1 Like

Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by sunboy(m): 12:44pm On Mar 03, 2021
Congo could easily be the richest and wealthiest country on planet earth. They are blessed with natural resources no be small.

1 Like

Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Usorohtheman(m): 12:46pm On Mar 03, 2021
blueAgent:

True.

Education can not solve the problem of the blackman, even in western nations with high level of Education and leadership blacks always finds a way to be at the bottom of the society

Maybe the blacks don't want to get educated. It's a pity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by blueAgent(m): 12:55pm On Mar 03, 2021
[quote author=Whytelyon post=99568186]

None of the above. What they want you to see is that

I checked out the 5% stuff, and I found out that Congo mining code or law allows the government to hold 5% non contributing stake in any project.
For me it is not that bad since it is non contributing stake, the government can make up for it through taxes and royalties.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSL8N21L4TE

https://eiti.org/es/implementing_country/5

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.miningweekly.com/article.php%3fa_id=439304&rep_id=5582
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by blueAgent(m): 12:57pm On Mar 03, 2021
sunboy:
Congo could easily be the richest and wealthiest country on planet earth. They are blessed with natural resources no be small.

Mineral resources do not translate to wealth.

Saudi and Russia with all their oil wealth have GDP smaller than the 5th largest state economy in US.
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Emmadgrt20(m): 12:57pm On Mar 03, 2021
Finally they're all gold diggers grin grin
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by Emmadgrt20(m): 12:58pm On Mar 03, 2021
Las las they're all gold diggers grin grin
Re: Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo by blueAgent(m): 1:03pm On Mar 03, 2021
Dasuks:

Take for example this article about the ,Jewish buddy of Kabila, that mentions the govt stake of 5% in mining projects.. but regardless, Gertler controls 100%. So the 5 % is not even always guaranteed.

Check Congo govt revenues. Richest landmass in the world. Tell me if it adds up.

You don't understand the 5% structure.

What it means is that the government can automatically own 5% of a project by law without contributing the equivalent value to the project.

Take for example in the link you shared, the project costs 1.8billion dollars that means the government of Congo is supposed to contribute 90million dollars as part of their stake, but according to the law they are not expected to contribute any money but are awarded 5% stake and revenue in the project.

5% might sound small but the government can make up with taxes and royalties.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Donald Trump 'Sentenced To Death' By North Korea For Insulting Kim Jong Un / Photo Of A U.S Soldier Nursing The Afghan Baby Handed Over By Mother / Emmanuel Macron Holds Hajia Hinda Deby During Husband's State Funeral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.