Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems (6385 Views)

COVID-19, Kogi: Sagay Advises FG To Send NCDC Officials Back With Full Security / Soyinka Advises FG To Listen To Obasanjo’s Comment On Fulanization/islamization / VP Osinbajo Pictured With Gov. Yahaya Bello Earlier Today At Okenne Kogi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by happiness32: 4:29pm On Mar 03, 2021
Bello advises FG to apply local solutions to national problems

Kogi Governor Yahaya Bello has advocated that the Federal Government should apply “local solutions’’ in tackling major national challenges, including insecurity and economic issues.

Bello gave the advice on Tuesday in Abuja when he received a delegation of Nollywood actors, who came to pledge their support to him in his plan to run for the nation’s presidency in 2023.

He said that his administration had been able to achieve success in every sector by applying “a mixture of local solutions, knowledge and human-based solutions to tackle challenges’’.

Bello said that his administration had taken cognizance of the fact what would endure was a knowledge-based economy rather than a resource-based economy.

He emphasised the need for Nigeria to develop human and knowledge-based resources, through inclusion of youths in governance.

The governor lauded Nollywood actors for their contributions in the creative industry, which he said, had increasingly contributed to Nigeria’s Gross Domestic Product, employment, youth empowerment and showcasing Nigeria to the world.

“Let me appreciate all of you for the wonderful contributions and for presenting Nigeria to the world, showcasing our rich culture, our unity in diversity and all the good things about Nigeria and Africa.

“I appreciate you for identifying with me on our modest achievements in Kogi State.

“Kogi State, prior to Jan. 27, 2016 when I was sworn in as the fourth Executive Governor used to be a state that was divided among herself, a long ethnic line, religious line, class line and several other types of criminality used to be the order of the day.

“But by the special grace of God, by our leadership style and the touch of quality of the young men and women I was able to assemble, the reverse is the case today in Kogi State.

“Let me appreciate you for urging me to run for the position of president in 2023.

“Kogi State will soon be an oil producing state. It would be celebrated but oil has been the greatest undoing of Nigeria.

“What will last longer than our generation is knowledge-based economy, not resource-based economy.

“There are some of you that did not read arts at tertiary levels, just raw talents and you learnt on the job.

“That is why in Kogi State, we believe in our own local solutions to our own problems. We do not import solutions.

“If we say there is problem coming, we want to see it first, evaluate it, know how it would enter our own territory then apply our own solution to solve the problem.

“That is what we should apply to our problems in Nigeria.

“In Kogi State, we apply the mix of our local solutions and that is how we have solved our problems of insecurity. We have applied our own local solutions and we are developing our infrastructure.

“We have been able to discover that we have solid minerals and we are establishing a university, which is coming up this year. The university will be second to none in Nigeria. It is where we are going to develop our knowledge.

Bello said that another strategy the state had used was women inclusion in governance, explaining that women always played critical roles in peace building.

He also advised youths to key into the opportunities offered by the present administration, pleading with them to join the All Progressives Congress.

“We applied our local knowledge when a certain ailment came in and we simply said we did not want any alien to come in. We are living healthy, we are good.

“This is our leadership style, we are proactive. Can we replicate this in Nigeria, the answer is yes, is it possible, the answer is yes.

“If you are urging me to run for president in 2023, I will simply listen to you and I will throw it back to you because me as a person, I have contributed my own quota, I am still contributing my own quota.”

The leader of the delegation, Mr Seun Oloketuyi, commended Bello for his efforts in promoting youth inclusion in governance, saying that the inclusion was what the country needed.

Oloketuyi pledged the support of Nollywood to Bello in his bid to become president.

“Nollywood is the second largest employer of labour today in Nigeria. We believe that ahead of the 2023 elections, Nollywood has a great role to play as most of the actors have huge followers, making them influential in whatever they say.

“Going into 2023, Nollywood actors have said they will not just sit down and fold their hands; they will sensitize their followers on voting for a youth as president in the person of Gov. Yahaya Bello,” Oloketuyi said.

In his remarks, Dr Segun Okeowo, Director-General of the Best of Nollywood (BON) presented a notification of interest to Bello, seeking Kogi to host the 13th edition of the BON award in November this year.
https://nannews.ng/bello-advises-fg-to-apply-local-solutions-to-national-problems/

Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by feezay86: 4:32pm On Mar 03, 2021
Yahaya Bello everywhere!!!

Local approach is the best solution to our problems... the earlier we realise that the better for us.

Thank you Bello

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by Oluboh: 4:33pm On Mar 03, 2021
This guy is becoming my type of national leader.
Swift sharp comments
Today he was seen harmonizing and trying to reconciliate this food and meat sellers people nationwide
Kudos

2 Likes

Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by amaham(m): 4:36pm On Mar 03, 2021
Yeye bello has started to make sense small small!
Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by DennisEche(m): 10:53am On Mar 04, 2021
our Incoming president but Buhari does not listen

1 Like

Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by NwaNimo1(m): 10:54am On Mar 04, 2021

12 Likes

Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by Numerouno94(m): 10:54am On Mar 04, 2021
sad
Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by Romanoff(f): 10:54am On Mar 04, 2021
Weyrey dey disguise for 2023.

Weyrey did not apply local solutions to make Kogi better, na now weyrey dey wake up.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by Nigeriabiafra82: 10:55am On Mar 04, 2021
Presidency or president
Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by Wisejohnson47(m): 10:56am On Mar 04, 2021
This Man is making sense

1 Like

Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:57am On Mar 04, 2021
What will last longer than our generation is knowledge-based economy, not resource-based economy.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by Celestyn8213: 10:57am On Mar 04, 2021
The baba is vying to be the next presido of this country. Dirty politics.
Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by Anoneism(m): 10:57am On Mar 04, 2021
His political advisers are doing a very great job. They are helping him to change the wrong perception people had about him, and it's working already.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by FuckThaMod: 10:58am On Mar 04, 2021
That's how he deceived kogi people and now he's their governor. They say charity begins at home, What local solution has he offered kogi state?

9 Likes

Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by Lekison(m): 11:01am On Mar 04, 2021
Trust this guy at your own peril. He is only campaigning for his presidential ambition. Someone whose state is in shambles.

5 Likes

Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by omojesu202(m): 11:01am On Mar 04, 2021
Before you think of supporting GYB for president, go ask the people of Kogi state how far. If not, God will deny you heaven on the last day for that singular act of voting a wicked man in power.

1 Like

Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by 9jaRealist: 11:02am On Mar 04, 2021
>
Nigeria has fallen so much that this slowpoke is actually trying to run for president...
One can only presume that he figured if Jubril from Sudan can do it, pretty much anyone can. SMH

>

2 Likes

Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by NOwazobia: 11:02am On Mar 04, 2021
What solution is he applying to his state where workers are still being owe months of salaries, with criminals he spearheaded and underdevelopment every where? Nonesense.

1 Like

Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by humberjade: 11:10am On Mar 04, 2021
Romanoff:

Weyrey did not apply local solutions to make Kogi better, na now weyrey dey wake up.

You can say that again...and some gullible people are already buying this charade; praising and tipping him to be a good president. I mean, based on which scorecard exactly? If he can't steer the affairs of Kogi positively, how will he be able to lead a delicate and crumbling Nigeria?

Next election will determine if I will give up on Nigeria patapata...the country can't afford to get it wrong again, if not, d road to redemption might have been closed forever.

1 Like

Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by chinavs9ja(m): 11:11am On Mar 04, 2021
Lekison:
Trust this guy at your own peril. He is only campaigning for his presidential ambition. Someone whose state is in shambles.
We no trust, we no trust Jonathan is what make us fall as prey to Buhari...
Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by KingKingKing: 11:11am On Mar 04, 2021
Source: Nannews

Lmaooo , which one be nannews again, this looks like a website created under yahaya Bello's bed just yesterday, to sell an already dead political ambition.....

Nonsense and ingredients
Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by NOwazobia: 11:12am On Mar 04, 2021
Oluboh:
This guy is becoming my type of national leader.
Swift sharp comments
Today he was seen harmonizing and trying to reconciliate this food and meat sellers people nationwide
Kudos
Why are so many nigerians so retarded even when they can see, feel and touch. Your kind of leader whose state is among the worst in this country. Suffer no dey tire ona?

2 Likes

Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by KingKingKing: 11:14am On Mar 04, 2021
NOwazobia:
Why are so many nigerians so retarded even when they can see, feel and touch. Your kind of leader whose state is among the worst in this country. Suffer no dey tire ona.

That guy u quoted is a paid agent.. Ignore him pls

2 Likes

Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by NOwazobia: 11:14am On Mar 04, 2021
amaham:
Yeye bello has started to make sense small small!
He is only manipulating you guys for his illusive presidential dream. What is the state of Kogi under him?
Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by NOwazobia: 11:17am On Mar 04, 2021
DennisEche:
our Incoming president but Buhari does not listen
Yes. The president of your immediate family. Did you sign a contract with Suffer?
Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by NOwazobia: 11:21am On Mar 04, 2021
Romanoff:

You dey mind the fool of a governor. He knows many nigerians are dumb. Our leaders always make a mockery of us in this country because they know many are too dumb to think and remember their evil rule in their various post of assignment.
Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by fastseo: 11:22am On Mar 04, 2021
grin

I remember a Corp member in 2018 telling me that he stays in Abuja and only comes back to his state once in a month or when there is spacial occasion

1 Like

Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by NOwazobia: 11:25am On Mar 04, 2021
Wisejohnson47:
This Man is making sense
Yes. To dunderheads like you. Why couldn't he make sense in the state where he is presently the governor?

2 Likes

Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by Never4getU: 11:26am On Mar 04, 2021
What's local solution when in real sense if u restructure for a true federal system of govt the local areas should be better for it...
Re: Gov Yahaya Bello Advises FG To Apply Local Solutions To National Problems by NOwazobia: 11:30am On Mar 04, 2021
post=99596283:
What will last longer than our generation is knowledge-based economy, not resource-based economy.
Resource base first, to solve nepotism, parasitism and control insecurity, before knowledge base which will then be left for individual states to decide. But that is first attempting the dissolution of this coven called Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

DSS Commander Killed In The East. / Moment Remi Tinubu Was Ashamed Of Asiwaju Tinubu (Picture) / Just Arrived Nigeria And Its Gej All Over The Place.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.