Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi (26123 Views)

Yahaya Bello: I Will Defeat Atiku Before 2pm / Mohammed Jamil Bello: I Did Not Attack President Buhari - Kebbi Man (Video) / Makinde To Bello - I Am In Kogi To Screen PDP Candidates That Will Face You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by Amotolongbo(f): 8:32pm On Mar 05, 2021
Yahaya Bello, governor of Kogi, says COVID-19 is not the business of people in his state, adding that they have “more pertinent” issues to tackle.

Bello stated this on Friday, when he featured on ‘Politics Today’, a Channels Television programme.

The governor, who has repeatedly denied the existence of the virus, said COVID-19 is the “minute aspect” of what the state is currently addressing, adding that Kogi is tackling diseases like Yellow Fever and Lassa Fever, without much noise about its efforts.

“COVID-19 is not our business in Kogi state. We have more prominent issues, more pertinent issues, more serious matters that we are attending to in Kogi state,” he said.

“Insecurity that we met, we’ve tackled it and several others. Disunity, we met it on ground and we have united Kogi state, not COVID-19.

“COVID-19 is just a minute aspect of what we’re treating in Kogi state or handling in Kogi state. There have been outbreaks of Lassa Fever, Yellow Fever — those we handled without making noise about it.”

He noted that if the federal government makes vaccine available to the state, he will ensure that those who wanted it come forward and get vaccinated.

Bello, however, said he doesn’t need the vaccine as he is healthy.

“If the federal government is gracious enough and gives us COVID-19 vaccine, we will equally sensitise our people, who wish to take it to come forward and take the vaccine,” he said.

“But I’m not going to subject the people of Kogi state to vaccination or I will not make them guinea pigs.”

When asked if he is going to take the vaccine publicly like his counterparts, he said: “I don’t need the vaccine; nothing is wrong with me. I’m hale and hearty — 100 percent hearty.”

https://www.thecable.ng/yahaya-bello-i-dont-need-the-vaccine-covid-19-not-our-business-in-kogi/amp

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:33pm On Mar 05, 2021
shocked

I and Yahaya Bello are on the same page. I ain't taking any vaccine, if you are taking good for you but, as for Me, I and Myself; I AM NOT TAKING ANY DAMN VACCINE

174 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by Anigreat: 8:35pm On Mar 05, 2021
shocked

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by Nbotee(m): 8:36pm On Mar 05, 2021
Abeg make Una stop to dey push Yahaya Bello news com front-page ...

113 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by BlowYourMind: 8:36pm On Mar 05, 2021
Ok
Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 05, 2021
Yahaya

2 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by duro4chang(m): 8:42pm On Mar 05, 2021
Come to think of it Kogi government was not taking covid-19 serious yet kogites were and are not badly affected. States that take the issue serious suffer most. What is happening?

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by bigeliot(m): 8:43pm On Mar 05, 2021
If I tell u that I understand this Covid 19 vaccine ehh, I dey lie. I mean, why, what for? They should just make it a must for those traveling abroad and leave the masses alone. Na one eye I take dey look d vaccine. I no trust these people

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by Freestainworld(m): 8:47pm On Mar 05, 2021
Nigerians are not guinea pigs, they should keep their vaccine

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by providencia(m): 8:49pm On Mar 05, 2021
Where can i get a bus to kogi? I don't trust that man that calls himself my state Governor.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by Tulsaguy: 8:51pm On Mar 05, 2021
KOGI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by malcom1X: 9:04pm On Mar 05, 2021
They shouldn't give to children in schools without their parents consent

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by Tranquility4u: 9:11pm On Mar 05, 2021
Covid-19 vaccines are still on experimental processes. The vaccines should only be administered to people who are willing to receive them.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by slivertongue: 9:14pm On Mar 05, 2021
bello doesn't deserve the position he occupy

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by adajoe555: 9:19pm On Mar 05, 2021
The only sensible governor that have spoken my mind... Hunger is killing people everyday, they are not doing anything about it , it's covid they are all interested in. Mitcheeeew

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by IMASTEX: 9:54pm On Mar 05, 2021
Okay oh
Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by Honesty50: 9:55pm On Mar 05, 2021
Oh really?
Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by AMvanquish: 9:55pm On Mar 05, 2021
More pertinent issues like what! cheesy. Clown.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by marvin906(m): 9:55pm On Mar 05, 2021
Am trying to know between this man that says there's no covid and now rejecting vaccines and he's followers that support him who's more stupid

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by Pochettino(f): 9:55pm On Mar 05, 2021
Aboki nor wan die. grin Himsef know say na scam

Give my vaccine to Buhari biko

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by SenecaTheYonger: 9:55pm On Mar 05, 2021
ladies and gentle men, behold your incoming president. grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by LokoH(m): 9:55pm On Mar 05, 2021
Baba you must receive it. That is the line- up. Presidio, govs, senators, . . .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by Righteousness2(m): 9:56pm On Mar 05, 2021
I love this guy

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by punisha: 9:56pm On Mar 05, 2021
The only man who refused to join them in sharing covid money...

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by Dpharisee: 9:56pm On Mar 05, 2021
It's appalling that under the former administration we tackled Ebola which is 50% more deadly than Covid, all efforts at local treatment got frustrated for a foreign vaccine which we don't know if it conforms with the genome of people in tropical Africa.
This current administration is a big shame on the intelligent people of Nigeria.
Bello should ask that Kogi state should be given their share of the N400B Covid19 vaccine budget cash and use it to build and equip health centres in every Local government and fund local research on treatment of Covid19

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by ScamHunter: 9:57pm On Mar 05, 2021
In other words... science is useless to him, maybe education also. Hope he even goes to hospital when he's sick. Abi na Sabbath man?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by Pochettino(f): 9:57pm On Mar 05, 2021
Watch how COVID 19 cases will skyrocket in Nigeria after this so called vaccination.

If you think this wicked govt will be willing to end their cashcow so fast then u must be born yesterday.

If the vaccines could truly cure COVID, the Nigeria I know will allocate budget and pass bill on it till 2026. If its arriving so fast (even faster than other countries), then its coming to wreak more havoc.

Save this comment. Goodnight

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by Harrynight(m): 9:57pm On Mar 05, 2021
grin

I may not like this guy buh i stand with him on this!

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by potbelly(m): 9:57pm On Mar 05, 2021
And this one wants to become president..

I laugh in yahaya bello grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by Damidave1124(m): 9:57pm On Mar 05, 2021
I'm not a fan of Yahaya Bello, but I like the way he handled Covid19 here, during the lock down, we were all moving freely and going about our daily activities.

Unlike other states where my friends complained bitterly about the lock down, they could not do anything to get money, they were forced to lock their shop for many months.

The only problem we have with Yahaya Bello in Kogi State now is payment of full salary to primary school teachers and local government workers, he has been paying state worker their full salary as at when due.

I know all this because I'm from Kogi state and my father is a state worker while my mother is a local government worker.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi by Lanretoye(m): 9:58pm On Mar 05, 2021
I don't and don't wanto know if covid exists or not,all I know is that it is overrated.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Jonathan Commissions Ahmadu Bello Int'l Airport, Kebbi (PHOTOS) / PDP Berates Buhari For Snubbing Handover Programme / Saraki Is Mr. Poverty Transfer, Kwara Must Change Fires Back At Toyin Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.