Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,153 members, 7,852,929 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:35 AM

How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY (6374 Views)

True Christian Wife Wanted! - Evangelist Malakhi Dele Banjo / Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife / Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Image123(m): 5:42pm On Mar 22, 2021
budaatum:

Sorry, but the evidence that I see with my own two eyes do not agree with what you claim

Just reading through this thread will show you a supposed believer who can not seem to obey simple "love your neighbour", not to talk of his enemies, and definitely not his atheist father-in-law!

I'd go even further and state that it is precisely because he believes that he can't obey just like the believing Levite and the believing Priest also couldn't obey because of their beliefs.

Fortunately, i do not speak for the individual. i refer to the Scriptures.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by LordReed(m): 5:47pm On Mar 22, 2021
shadeyinka:

No sir!

I assume an atheist will wish to communicate what he considers as the TRUTH!

Do you think that a truthful Atheist will communicate bible stories as REAL?
With a truthful Atheist say that Jesus healed the sick, raised the dead and cast out demons?

An atheist will rather report bible stories like the story of Santa Claus!

Assumptions make an ass out of u and me. Stop assuming what you know nothing about. Do you think every atheist is out there doing evangelism like you guys? Do you think every atheist is eager to convert others.

In telling my children stories I do not need to specify if it is real or not, they are still children but as they grow up they'll develop critical thinking skills to figure out stuff for themselves. I guess you'd disdain evolution to your kids so you think atheists would do the same. Unlike you, I am not insecure in the things I hold as true. If my children wish to contend them I would not become wroth and begin to threaten them will eternal punishment, they'll be be free to contend anything with me when they are old enough to live their own lives.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by LordReed(m): 5:49pm On Mar 22, 2021
Image123:

No need to answer altar call 20x a year if you received power to be a child of God. Jesus Christ came to save you FROM sin, not just to continue forgiving you 20x a year. Such a person is ignorant and shortchanging himself.

SMH.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 5:57pm On Mar 22, 2021
Image123:

Fortunately, i do not speak for the individual. i refer to the Scriptures.

The Parable of the Good Samaritan is about the folly of believing without understanding, but I will understand if you don't see it that way since believers hardly ever do.

There is a reason however, why the followers of Christ are known by the fruits they produce and not by the crap they believe inside their heads.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11663600_20200604102351774_jpeg_jpeg0a6707a5c919e2761327fab9920679aa
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Image123(m): 6:20pm On Mar 22, 2021
LordReed:

SMH.

Lol, that's how i SMH that year when someone was talking about a phone that will be more powerful than my computer. When God saves you from sin, you overcome almost effortlessly. You don't use muscle power to fly a plane.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Image123(m): 6:23pm On Mar 22, 2021
budaatum:

The Parable of the Good Samaritan is about the folly of believing without understanding, but I will understand if you don't see it that way since believers hardly ever do.

There is a reason however, why the followers of Christ are known by the fruits they produce and not by the crap they believe inside their heads.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11663600_20200604102351774_jpeg_jpeg0a6707a5c919e2761327fab9920679aa

You are on a totally different wavelength entirely. What's with you and the good Samaritan, does he happen to owe you money? You try so hard to want to talk about him. Are you from Samaria by some chance?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 6:28pm On Mar 22, 2021
budaatum:

I understand. Not everyone is sufficiently equipped to love their father-in-laws not to talk of their neighbours or their enemies.

That is why we continue to preach the Gospel of Love of our Lord Jesus Christ the Messiah to you so that you may one day be saved by Grace. Amen.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13220491_45bed02a54e49962214556df1c36eb07_jpeg2364e54824612fa9dbf9348122e64b1f

We wrestle NOT against flesh and blood...

The physical parent of my wife cannot be my enemies.
BUT
The Spiritual father of my Atheist wife is my Permanent Enemy. Not ever welcome in my home.

Is their a scripture that says we should love Satan?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 6:31pm On Mar 22, 2021
Image123:

You are on a totally different wavelength entirely. What's with you and the good Samaritan, does he happen to owe you money? You try so hard to want to talk about him. Are you from Samaria by some chance?

I'm talking about a Parable of the Jesus Christ the Word that you say must be believed but you fail to focus on the believing priest and the believing Levite Christ spoke about and say I am focusing on the unbelieving pagan Samaritan that Christ said emulate?

Now, if that is not deflection just so you can say you never heard what convicts you in your own heart, Lol!

1 Like

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 6:36pm On Mar 22, 2021
shadeyinka:

Is their a scripture that says we should love Satan?

Is there a scripture that says you should label others as satan to justify not loving them?

1 Like

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 6:41pm On Mar 22, 2021
triplechoice:

I have asked you this question before and would ask again
Is not possible for the unbelieving spouse to convert to Christianity?

Why is it difficult for you to see this possibility?
Nothing is impossible!
It is even possible that an atheist encounter Jesus by himself.

However, because GOD doesn't compel anyone to know Him, the probability is not certain. Even with 1% unconvertion probability can do a great damage
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by LordReed(m): 8:22pm On Mar 22, 2021
shadeyinka:

Nothing is impossible!
It is even possible that an atheist encounter Jesus by himself.

However, because GOD doesn't compel anyone to know Him, the probability is not certain. Even with 1% unconvertion probability can do a great damage

Good so I hope you shelve the arguments where you come and say something has very low chance of happening therefore god.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by LordReed(m): 8:23pm On Mar 22, 2021
shadeyinka:

No sir!

I assume an atheist will wish to communicate what he considers as the TRUTH!

Do you think that a truthful Atheist will communicate bible stories as REAL?
With a truthful Atheist say that Jesus healed the sick, raised the dead and cast out demons?

An atheist will rather report bible stories like the story of Santa Claus!

Meanwhile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQwvv5DbOBY
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 9:38pm On Mar 22, 2021
LordReed:

Good so I hope you shelve the arguments where you come and say something has very low chance of happening therefore god.
It will be highly unjust for God to force any man who rejects Him to now have to be with Him for all eternity!

God doesn't force people to love Him. Love can't be forced. It has to be given freely.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 9:42pm On Mar 22, 2021
LordReed:

Meanwhile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQwvv5DbOBY
Revision of school work in preparation for exams AND good PR job to convince people of how harmless you are.

I wish I could hear you teach the miracles of Jesus especially to your older children. At this age, Santa Claus stories are told children...don't you think so?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Image123(m): 10:50pm On Mar 22, 2021
budaatum:

I'm talking about a Parable of the Jesus Christ the Word that you say must be believed but you fail to focus on the believing priest and the believing Levite Christ spoke about and say I am focusing on the unbelieving pagan Samaritan that Christ said emulate?

Now, if that is not deflection just so you can say you never heard what convicts you in your own heart, Lol!

i focus on Jesus, not on priests, levites or Samaritans. Their lesson is well noted though and hardly has any bearing contrary to the points i have made. i said you should obey the Bible if you truly believe it. What has that got to do against the parable. i said divorce is not the will of God, what has that got to do against the good Samaritan?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Golden6(m): 11:04pm On Mar 22, 2021
This thread is doing numbers ��, and I guess this is meant to be a question.. because if this was actually a true post, whoever would be posting it would have whole lot more to say than rice and beans, it's a whole lot moreeeeee complicated than that.

I wouldn't advise if actually.

Sadly, christians believe in the premise that one is bound to burn forever.
I'm sorry, but if she truly loves you, the strength of her love, would only increase the strength of her worry for you. Bacause no one know the future.

Also. You would have problems raising children. Unless you're comfortable having children who believe in a mirage.

Generally just even raising children in Nigeria. I really hope we'll be able to raise successful and happy children, considering the fact that they'll be the exception. Everyone else would be part of a religious social clique. Except for them.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 11:15pm On Mar 22, 2021
Image123:

i focus on Jesus, not on priests, levites or Samaritans. Their lesson is well noted though and hardly has any bearing contrary to the points i have made. i said you should obey the Bible if you truly believe it. What has that got to do against the parable. i said divorce is not the will of God, what has that got to do against the good Samaritan?

Sorry for bothering you, image. You focus on Jesus.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 11:22pm On Mar 22, 2021
The fact the op says so little is exactly all op had to say in this thread.

Rather than allow satan into his home, he very wisely resisted temptation like a person with God in their life ought to do.

And rather than raise mindless religious sheep, he will raise powerful use their God given mind children who will be fishers of humans to the Glory of the Lord God Almighty, though many religious people here will not see them as such.

Golden6:
This thread is doing numbers ��, and I guess this is meant to be a question.. because if this was actually a true post, whoever would be posting it would have whole lot more to say than rice and beans, it's a whole lot moreeeeee complicated than that.

I wouldn't advise if actually.

Sadly, christians believe in the premise that one is bound to burn forever.
I'm sorry, but if she truly loves you, the strength of her love, would only increase the strength of her worry for you. Bacause no one know the future.

Also. You would have problems raising children. Unless you're comfortable having children who believe in a mirage.

Generally just even raising children in Nigeria. I really hope we'll be able to raise successful and happy children, considering the fact that they'll be the exception. Everyone else would be part of a religious social clique. Except for them.

1 Like

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Dotez: 11:30pm On Mar 22, 2021
Op is this some kind of joke? comparing likeness of rice and beans to a believe system, are you kidding me?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Golden6(m): 11:46pm On Mar 22, 2021
budaatum:
The fact the op says so little is exactly all op had to say in this thread.

Rather than allow satan into his home, he very wisely resisted temptation like a person with God in their life ought to do.

And rather than raise mindless religious sheep, he will raise powerful use their God given mind children who will be fishers of humans to the Glory of the Lord God Almighty, though many religious people here will not see them as such.

Sorry, I don't actually understand this,
It's actually the wife that is a Christian
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 1:16am On Mar 23, 2021
Golden6:

Sorry, I don't actually understand this,
It's actually the wife that is a Christian

And I am telling you that God is in the heart of her very atheist husband.

And I trust that the Holy Spirit will minister to you so you understand.

Do let me know if you have questions.

1 Like

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 5:21am On Mar 23, 2021
budaatum:

And I am telling you that God is in the heart of her very atheist husband.

And I trust that the Holy Spirit will minister to you so you understand.

Do let me know if you have questions.
God is in the heart of one who rejects His existence.
Rev 3:20:
"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice , and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

Atheists are now opening the door of their hearts to God! LOL!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by LordReed(m): 5:59am On Mar 23, 2021
shadeyinka:

It will be highly unjust for God to force any man who rejects Him to now have to be with Him for all eternity!

God doesn't force people to love Him. Love can't be forced. It has to be given freely.

How does this connect with what I wrote?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by LordReed(m): 6:03am On Mar 23, 2021
shadeyinka:

Revision of school work in preparation for exams AND good PR job to convince people of how harmless you are.

I wish I could hear you teach the miracles of Jesus especially to your older children. At this age, Santa Claus stories are told children...don't you think so?

I just wanted to show you that I don't need to start telling my children this or that story isn't real, they are not ready for that neither will I force viewpoints on them when they can not yet reason. You guys on the other hand do the opposite because you are insecure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:12am On Mar 23, 2021
Children develops mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually, experts assert that training them even before they're born is essential!

LordReed:

I just wanted to show you that I don't need to start telling my children this or that story isn't real, they are not ready for that neither will I force viewpoints on them when they can not yet reason. You guys on the other hand do the opposite because you are insecure.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by LordReed(m): 7:14am On Mar 23, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Children develops mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually, experts assert that training them even before they're born is essential!

Yes, I'll train them to have useful life skills.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:35am On Mar 23, 2021
I can understand! mentally✓ physically✓ emotionally× spiritually! smiley

LordReed:

Yes, I'll train them to have useful life skills.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 9:38am On Mar 23, 2021
LordReed:

That's my point.. you won't impose your viewpoints on them till they can reason which is the most dangerous time for them especially from an authority figure who is responsible, revered, respected and trusted (as I can see from the video you share).

If I were you as a father, my duty is to help my children to become wise. Wisdom is an all-round knowlege of how to. This must certainly include the area of faith except we want to fool ourselves. In that way, it's much easier to free our children from the discipline of going to church (when they could be watching TV) or fearing God (when they could live without fear of consequence) etc.

It is far much easier to be faithless than to be faithful. One required discipline and other requires nothing.

I have no problems with any Atheists desiring to marry a true Christian. But I have a strong aversion for a true Christian desiring to marry even a non committed Christian not to speak of an Atheist who is at the extreme end of unbelieving.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 9:44am On Mar 23, 2021
LordReed:

How does this connect with what I wrote?
You asked the question refering to God having the power to change the Atheist

LordReed:

Should God force LordReed to live with Him for eternity (simply because he married a Christian)?
That would be an eternity of miserable existence for you wouldn't it?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by LordReed(m): 11:03am On Mar 23, 2021
shadeyinka:

You asked the question refering to God having the power to change the Atheist

Should God force LordReed to live with Him for eternity (simply because he married a Christian)?
That would be an eternity of miserable existence for you wouldn't it?

I didn't ask you that question, that was someone else.

If a god exists that can make me live for eternity what does it subtract from him to let me eternally make my own choices even if it means not living with him? Is he an insecure abusive personality that can't stand to bear that someone doesn't choose him?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 11:09am On Mar 23, 2021
shadeyinka:

God is in the heart of one who rejects His existence.
Rev 3:20:
"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice , and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

Atheists are now opening the door of their hearts to God! LOL!

You really do not understand why Christ said "Go and do like the pagan unbelieving Samaritan", do you?

Yet you think you trust and obey Christ that you do not understand and you refuse to learn that you are just the lordist shadeyinka.

1 Like

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by LordReed(m): 11:49am On Mar 23, 2021
shadeyinka:

That's my point.. you won't impose your viewpoints on them till they can reason which is the most dangerous time for them especially from an authority figure who is responsible, revered, respected and trusted (as I can see from the video you share).

It is more dangerous to indoctrinate children because they have no tools yet to critically examine what they are being indoctrinated with.

If I were you as a father, my duty is to help my children to become wise. Wisdom is an all-round knowlege of how to. This must certainly include the area of faith except we want to fool ourselves. In that way, it's much easier to free our children from the discipline of going to church (when they could be watching TV) or fearing God (when they could live without fear of consequence) etc.

All of that can be achieved without religious instruction. This fear that atheists want to live without fear of consequence is a lie that you tell yourselves because you are afraid of taking responsibility. I teach my children to be responsible and disciplined without any threats of eternal punishment and I can see the effect. They are well behaved even as they children and are prone to childish errors.

It is far much easier to be faithless than to be faithful. One required discipline and other requires nothing.

No, it is far easier to depend on the structure built on the tyrannical strictures of a supposed eternal Big Brother than it is to place your own destiny in your own hands and mind.

I have no problems with any Atheists desiring to marry a true Christian. But I have a strong aversion for a true Christian desiring to marry even a non committed Christian not to speak of an Atheist who is at the extreme end of unbelieving.

This separation is what you Abrahamic religious fanatics use to create this conflicted world we live in. In time past nobody heard of religious wars but with advent of Christianity, Islam and to a lesser extent Judaism, religious conflict became the driver for even more societal disruption. Your stance on marriage is indicative of this disruptive effect you guys perpetrate.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With The Doctrines Of White Garment Churches? / Benefits Of Doing The Will Of God / The Deep Significance Of The Midnight Hour

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.