Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,352 members, 7,836,445 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman (33539 Views)

Russia: New Mum ‘throws Another Woman’s Baby To His Death( Pix) / Woman Exposes Her Husband Who Got Married To Another Woman Last Week / Yoruba Actress' Husband Impregnates Another Woman - TribuneOnlineng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by Barzinime(m): 12:32pm On Mar 20, 2021
Just look at the nonsense this one wrote
So cos you gave birth means you shouldn't work on yourself? Nigerians are truly lazy

HopeVictor:
This greedy attitude from men is very childish and wicked..if you don't want a chubby woman you go for the slim ones..stop stressing and frustrating women after they've given birth..it's a natural thing that they will add weight..
Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 20, 2021
Pimine:

Aswearugaaad

Does it have to be for health reasons?

One of the reasons he married her was cos he liked what he saw but now she's secured the ring so she feels she can start piling up the fat.

Tell that woman to work on herself, look good for her husband, and stop tryna make him feel guilty for wanting a sexy spouse.

Is it only the woman that should work out to look sexy? What of the man?

You men neglect your weak waistline after after having children without any efforts to firm it back up and then turn to the woman pointing out her flaws like you guys are 100% sexy.

Learn to love and accept your spouses after the changes occurr. No body is perfect.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by Pimine: 12:54pm On Mar 20, 2021
AsherAmari:

Is it only the woman that should work out to look sexy? What of the man?

You men neglect your weak waistline after after having children without any efforts to firm it back up and then turn to the woman pointing out her flaws like you guys are 100% sexy.

Learn to love and accept your spouses after the changes occurr. No body is perfect.
Aswearugaaad

She hasn't complained, but the man has. That should tell you that's there's a world of difference between how she looked then and now.

Why should a woman who has only 2 kids let herself slowly become horizontally challenged?

The changes are normal but they can be reduced to the barest minimum if she's not lazy. Let's not hide under the umbrella of 'nature' to mask our unwillingness to put in the work to look good.
Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by fantastic1: 12:55pm On Mar 20, 2021
Abeg hold it. I don't buy this narrative. Men are constantly told to perform. What's wrong in asking your wife to trim down? The only part that seems wrong is the comparison but do you know how many times he had told her before this? Madam, if you can, work out. You will love the result you will see.
HopeVictor:
This greedy attitude from men is very childish and wicked..if you don't want a chubby woman you go for the slim ones..stop stressing and frustrating women after they've given birth..it's a natural thing that they will add weight..

1 Like

Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by Thereishel: 12:59pm On Mar 20, 2021
Zzor:
Also tell him to work on his pot belly and penis and that his penis has shrinked over time,tell him also that the pastor is still fit and his organ still very strong after five kids,just cause fight and after the fight he will learn to appreciate you.

Bad advise this can scatter their home
Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by Babysho(m): 1:00pm On Mar 20, 2021
Zzor:
Also tell him to work on his pot belly and penis and that his penis has shrinked over time,tell him also that the pastor is still fit and his organ still very strong after five kids,just cause fight and after the fight he will learn to appreciate you.

Zzor elenu razor grin grin grin
Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 20, 2021
Pimine:

Aswearugaaad

She hasn't complained, but the man has. That should tell you that's there's a world of difference between how she looked then and now.

Why should a woman who has only 2 kids let herself slowly become horizontally challenged?

The changes are normal but they can be reduced to the barest minimum if she's not lazy. Let's not hide under the umbrella of 'nature' to mask our unwillingness to put in the work to look good.

It goes both ways.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by Oyiboman69: 1:28pm On Mar 20, 2021
Rhodaogunpeju:
Why are our Nigerian Men so insensitive.

I'm naturally a chubby lady with curves and I remember vividy how my husband used to praise my physique and say I'm his spec. According to him skinny girls are not his type.

We got married and I have given birth to two kids and I added weight a little, plus we were living comfortably so the good life was evident in my life and body.

The church we normally attend, the pastor's wife has 5 kids already and she's much older than me but she still looks moderate enough with little or zero stomach fat.

My husband seeing this woman has constantly been telling me to try and work on myself, this man literally wants me to be skinny, when we married I wasn't skinny, the blow was when he compared me to my Pastor's wife, saying I have just 2 kids and I added weight while our Pastor's wife has 5 and she's looking like she never gave birth.. I cried and I have been crying since..

It hurts so much .. It makes me wonder if this man still loves me?
the advice is utmost important... take the advice and leave the situation surrounding it...
Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by BRATISLAVA: 1:30pm On Mar 20, 2021
HopeVictor:

Today you want to stand on the side of truth grin grin
Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by emmyw(m): 1:31pm On Mar 20, 2021
Zzor:
Stop Sounding Childish, Have You Seen The Man Before?
Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by efficiencie(m): 1:32pm On Mar 20, 2021
@Rhodaogunpeju your husband is still in the process of maturing...it is his weakness, and you will agree with me that we all have weaknesses, so help him as the helper that you are. Based your diet on fruits and water alone. Dont kill yourself in the name of exercise your regular daily work of housekeeping and your daily work is enough but base your diet on fruits and regular intake of water...you must be religious about this routine and be consistent with it. In a couple of weeks your body's metabolism will burn your excess fat, fruits will add more vitamins and minerals to your body, water will keep you hydrated and less hungry...soon enough you will take shape.

Remember that the battle is not between you and your hubby it is between you/your hubby and the forces that want to destroy your marriage. May God bless your union.
Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by BRATISLAVA: 1:38pm On Mar 20, 2021
lefulefu:
Op Its like u have added more weight and that could be the reason he is complaining. I know it's normal for women to add when married but then u won't die nau if u start doing a little exercise nau.apart from trimming down exercise wil also be good for ur health. He is ur husband so take anything he says seriously.

Don't be surprised the man is nothing to write home about himself. Most are unfit, and it's only testosterone that's saving them. It's just that women don't complain about men gaining weight and letting themselves go in marriage.

Men usually are in the position to complain about women bodies because their in bodies don't do much.
Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by BRATISLAVA: 1:42pm On Mar 20, 2021
MufasaLion:
Most men don't like women that are not conscious of their body especially after marriage and child birth. And if the woman is not careful men tend to go elsewhere for what they want. Just work in yourself but don't be too hard on yourself.

But he shouldn't have made a comparison anyways.

Are men conscious of their own bodies? Some are so unfit you wonder how when they don't give birth to children or have to cope raising a family. Some cannot even clean their heels. Very disgusting and lazy. But they will still be the ones to complain and comment on women bodies. If she comments on his own body, hell will freeze over.
Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by DigitB: 1:42pm On Mar 20, 2021
The only thing that makes me say a woman is fat is big tummy.

I guess your tummy is bigger now.

Work on the belly and you two will be fine.

Same thing goes for men.
I wonder how men with big tummy are able to mount their women.

We owe it to ourselves and our partners to remain fit always.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by Arkmanbuddy(m): 1:42pm On Mar 20, 2021
Zzor:

Mumu girl grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 1:48pm On Mar 20, 2021
I don't mwo why men like to body shame their wives. One constantly told the one that has was no longer right after like 3kids. Don't because the woman complained of his cheating and even showing off his side Chicks infront of the wife. He would even sleep outside and come back whenever he likes. Said all sorts of things about her VG until one day she got the courage to tell him that his 3rd leg was too small to satisfy her. That he should try and go for Dick enlargement..
The man became depressed and stopped eating. Stoped going out as usual and stop picking his girlfriends calls.

However, work on your body a little. Even though it's not easy but to can do it. Your husband I looking for an excuse to start seeing other women.
Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by MufasaLion: 2:01pm On Mar 20, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Are men conscious of their own bodies? Some are so unfit you wonder how when they don't give birth to children or have to cope raising a family. Some cannot even clean their heels. Very disgusting and lazy. But they will still be the ones to complain and comment on women bodies. If she comments on his own body, hell will freeze over.

Yh you're right.
Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by HopeVictor(m): 2:03pm On Mar 20, 2021
Mummymahdi:

In some cases yes. Me am using my money to add a little weight but nothing
The tommy always went back attached to the back immediately after bearing. Each child
Your lucky
Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by HopeVictor(m): 2:05pm On Mar 20, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Today you want to stand on the side of truth grin grin
Seriously I don't like when men start body shaming or comparing their wife with another woman especially after giving birth..the funny thing is that the woman was chubby when he married her self..I don't know why he's complaining..
Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by bayelsaowei(m): 2:24pm On Mar 20, 2021
Feddytune:
Sorry men can be insensitive, but I think he loves you and only wants you to look hotter .. why not stop crying and set up a time table for exercises to keep fit
I think you're right..I tell my wife same. I am a gym freak..she's added weight even without a child yet. I always warn her..I keep up with my work outs and persuade her to do same..
Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by litaninja(m): 2:35pm On Mar 20, 2021
Only problem is that you don't know that he has a pot-belly or shrunk d*ck.

Zzor:

1 Like

Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by angelfallz(m): 2:38pm On Mar 20, 2021
Looks matter a lot to men. You said your added a "little" weight but it might be that you added more than you think.
The truth is that, child birth changes women's bodies. Some women's bodies adapt better thank others.
It's safe to say without seeing you that you probably have a big stomach. Big stomach on chubby women is not appealing sexually.
I believe there is surgery called tummy tuck, to help reduce your stomach.
Your husband still loves you, he just may not see you as sexually appealing as before child birth.

Rhodaogunpeju:

I'm naturally a chubby lady with curves and I remember vividy how my husband used to praise my physique and say I'm his spec. According to him skinny girls are not his type.

We got married and I have given birth to two kids and I added weight a little, plus we were living comfortably so the good life was evident in my life and body.

The church we normally attend, the pastor's wife has 5 kids already and she's much older than me but she still looks moderate enough with little or zero stomach fat.

My husband seeing this woman has constantly been telling me to try and work on myself, this man literally wants me to be skinny, when we married I wasn't skinny, the blow was when he compared me to my Pastor's wife, saying I have just 2 kids and I added weight while our Pastor's wife has 5 and she's looking like she never gave birth.. I cried and I have been crying since..

Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by incogni2o: 2:39pm On Mar 20, 2021
adontcare:
abi o
Both ofbypu are jokers
Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by HopeVictor(m): 2:46pm On Mar 20, 2021
Jeon:

I'm a man.
here is a similar story[ opposite of chubby]

can you imagine a man open his mouth to utter this statement to his wife[mother of his two kids ]" with the way you look like to collect cup drink water from you go dy irritate person".why did he made such comment? because she is slim.
You cannot say Nigerian men lack sense as a man.. so stop hiding under this moniker and reveal your true self..
Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by stormborn28(m): 2:56pm On Mar 20, 2021
Zzor:

People like you give advise to destroy marriages... OP it is left to you to take the above advice

1 Like

Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by angelfallz(m): 2:59pm On Mar 20, 2021
Your answer to the op, is wrong. Your reply to the person you're quoting is wrong.

Why do you have to make it a war between male and female?

The man did the right thing in telling his wife. She should listen.

You trying to tell her to make it a tit for tat, exposes your naivety. That's not how marriage works.

How do you know the husband has pot belly? Let's say he does have pot belly, is she concerned about it?

I know for a fact that a man's body is not what attracts a woman.

I know for a fact that a woman's body is what attracts a man.

Zzor:
will you keep quiet, was the man trying to keep his home by disrespecting his wife like that? Are you one of the men I exchanged because I've lost count.rubbish

1 Like

Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by bukatyne(f): 3:02pm On Mar 20, 2021
Rhodaogunpeju:

1. Your husband is employing out parents' method of comparison to our 'role models'. Your Pastor's wife is 'ideally' a role model for women in the church.

2. As a wife, you are to please your husband; part of which is to aspire to be appealing to him.

3. Your husband complaining about your body does not negate his love for you (if you were sure of it prior to now)

Now we have cleared the above;

Work on your weight, skin and dress sense.

You testified that there is money so employ these fitfam people to prepare meals for you (if you can't do it yourself) and incorporate exercises. If you have tried to lose weight without success in the past, you can employ a dietitian (who is different from a fitfam p,rofessional)

While you work on being the best version of yourself, tell him you do not appreciate been compared to your Pastor's wife.

You are not going to be another Mrs. Pastor, you will be the best, sexiest version of yourself.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 20, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Don't be surprised the man is nothing to write home about himself. Most are unfit, and it's only testosterone that's saving them. It's just that women don't complain about men gaining weight and letting themselves go in marriage.

Men usually are in the position to complain about women bodies because their in bodies don't do much.
grin u have point though cheesy.if a husband is adding excess weight then he has no right to be complaining about his wife's weight.he should set an example for her to follow by also losing weight then his wife follow his lead.a husband is supposed to lead and the wife would follow but if unfortunately a number of men these days are now nagging like women and doing nothing to encourage their wives

1 Like

Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by Shancca: 3:11pm On Mar 20, 2021
Rhodaogunpeju:

Evidence of good living, yet you fail to workout �️‍♂️. Please I have body vibrator for sale that can shed your fats in a flicker �

Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 20, 2021
Offpoint1:
Lefulefu comma see chun chin o, you wey like dem biggrin
grin na ZIINIBANKS like orobo oo not me grin
I just like ladies with back not orobo cheesy
Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by Jeon(f): 3:12pm On Mar 20, 2021
HopeVictor:

You cannot say Nigerian men lack sense as a man.. so stop hiding under this moniker and reveal your true self..
this my true self. based on the comments here you can clearly get the picture. they lack sense.
Re: My Husband Compared Me To Another Woman by Raalsalghul: 3:14pm On Mar 20, 2021
franchasng:
Madam don't mind Nairalanders and their insensitive comments. Keep on crying jareh, who knows, your miracle maybe in the crying which will help you lose that excess fat faster. Increase your crying hours and thank me later wink

You are doing well ma cool

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pregnant Woman Asks Guests Without Gifts To Leave Her Baby Shower / Awaiting Fathers: Lets Share Our Experience / Help Me To Appreciate My Wife In This Tough Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.