Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,330 members, 7,836,397 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League (6314 Views)

My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match / Commentator Addresses Peter Rufai As ‘Late’ During Libya Vs Nigeria / Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by NwaNimo1(m): 3:40pm On Mar 20, 2021

1 Like

Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by Ladiesdoctor(m): 3:46pm On Mar 20, 2021
Local gini?

Abegi

Peter Rufai, one of the best goal keeper that the country has ever had

2 Likes

Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by kenzysmith: 3:48pm On Mar 20, 2021
Theboy21:
Our Local team players wey dey struggle to play common small African countries cheesy
you no lie my brother the bitter truth

1 Like

Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by kenzysmith: 3:50pm On Mar 20, 2021
Monogamy:
Why not change this Okro coach
who are u recommending to replace him?
Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by mmsen: 3:54pm On Mar 20, 2021
This man has no business managing at international level. He should focus on the local league because that is the level that he should be managing.
Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by Glycosunde: 3:59pm On Mar 20, 2021
Our league is very bad now, when other African leagues were on section, Nigeria carry covid for head take ground everything. But d coach needs to look inward and tap in the local stream of talents after all we won our last nation cup on mixture of both local n international players
Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by preciousmetals: 4:03pm On Mar 20, 2021
You want to kill Nigeria National team with this your useless league
Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by CalabarPikin: 4:11pm On Mar 20, 2021
The name remind me of the player gum that year sha
Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by thundafire: 4:12pm On Mar 20, 2021
League were players dey play with jersey were dey use pen write der names. Abi na dey one were government dey owe them

1 Like

Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by godwon01(m): 4:17pm On Mar 20, 2021
Sunday MBA was an home based player when he scored the two goals that gave us the semi final and the winner goal against Burkina Faso To play good football is a talent. It does not matter where you are playing it.
Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by arantess: 4:42pm On Mar 20, 2021
merits:
cheesy I don't know why we don't believe in our local players.we too value anything foreign.we shouldn't be afraid to loose but to build a very strong future team
Na this coach oo
Westerhof played many from the local league in his time,
Even keshi won AFCON with half local players in the team
It's this german coach I don't understand
Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by merits(m): 4:48pm On Mar 20, 2021
arantess:

Na this coach oo
Westerhof played many from the local league in his time,
Even keshi won AFCON with half local players in the team
It's this german coach I don't understand
Na so oo, maybe the spirit of bad governance have entered his brain.
Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by Jaqenhghar: 5:07pm On Mar 20, 2021
Isnt that what we all have been saying. Boys from the Nigerian leagues will give it their all.
Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by Howearn: 5:07pm On Mar 20, 2021
Yes
Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 20, 2021
Kaydans:

Playing for ones country is a always a dream to players.
If clubs mattered more, why do they kill themselves to perform well so as to get a national call up?
The government beg them to come and play.Dont you see that they don't put more effort when they play for their national team?
Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by Buffalo2(m): 5:34pm On Mar 20, 2021
[i][/i]e
NwaNimo1:
Why is his face pixelated?

[img]https://media./images/49f21106c8bba2fbc2a0cc08d18bb506/tenor.gif[/img]
That's his natural face oo. He survived small pox.
Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by Cocolatti(m): 5:59pm On Mar 20, 2021
DODO MAYANA !!!
Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by Kaydans(m): 6:01pm On Mar 20, 2021
Joysticks:
The government beg them to come and play.Dont you see that they don't put more effort when they play for their national team?
It's only in Africa though..
Cause most countries in Europe their players play for the badge.

1 Like

Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by TruthinAction: 9:00pm On Mar 20, 2021
Politics is killing our football in Nigeria. Most good players don't have the opportunity to play for our local clubs. You have to know someone. This is the reason they prefer to travel out and play for foreign clubs where they shine as stars.

I recommend grassroots competitions like secondary schools playing one another and local governments against other local governments. This is where you will see raw talents.

1 Like

Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by Redman44(m): 9:41am On Mar 21, 2021
TruthinAction:
Politics is killing our football in Nigeria. Most good players don't have the opportunity to play for our local clubs. You have to know someone. This is the reason they prefer to travel out and play for foreign clubs where they shine as stars.

I recommend grassroots competitions like secondary schools playing one another and local governments against other local governments. This is where you will see raw talents.

You are very correct. The Principals Cup for Secondary School students has been revived by the current Minister of Youths and Sports, Mr Sunday Dare. Access Bank is also supporting the Competition. This move will unearth many gifted teenagers and youths who will represent Nigeria in the future, starting from the Golden Eaglets. Cheers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Scored Great Goal (video) / Two Liverpool Players Trying To Kiss Each Other (photo) / Secret Behind Making Money From Sports Betting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.