Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,232 members, 7,836,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege (18217 Views)

FG To Raise Power Tariff December, Begins Free Meters Purchase / IBEDC To Begin Distribution Of 100,000 Free Meters Next Week / FG Begins Nationwide Distribution Of 1m Free Meters In Kano, Kaduna, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by iluvdonjazzy: 6:02am On Mar 21, 2021
yesooo they're charging upto 70 to 100 thousand, even more.
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by Mozegee: 6:16am On Mar 21, 2021
There is nothing like free meter.we bought ours with a huge amount of money.
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by mmsen: 6:26am On Mar 21, 2021
It isn't an allegation, that is exactly what they are doing.
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by mmsen: 6:28am On Mar 21, 2021
tizteezy:
Unfortunately, most people don't understand that when when you buy a meter, within a year, you must have recovered your money via less bills you'll be paying as compared to estimated billing.

However, its a sad state of affairs in this country.

I equally BOUGHT mine.
Paid for it in August last year, but it still took me causing scenes at their office before they came to install the meter I paid for in December

You waited 4 months, I know people who waited over a year.

Not only are they thieves but incompetent.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by MIMOSAXY(m): 6:38am On Mar 21, 2021
My neighbour paid ₦110,000 to IBEDC for the (3 Phase) prepaid Meter, but he's still visiting their office regularly and they are yet to install it.

2 Likes

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by bet9ja(m): 6:42am On Mar 21, 2021
My Meter was installed 3 days ago for free. However, I was extorted by the lady who came for inspection.
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by ALABACONNECT(m): 6:46am On Mar 21, 2021
How come they are just reporting it. They have been doing that for a very long time

Well, for your UK used and new smart tvs and soundbars, check my signature
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by femmy2010(m): 6:56am On Mar 21, 2021
Failed Nigerian Citizen everywhere you go.
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by tizteezy(m): 6:57am On Mar 21, 2021
mmsen:

You waited 4 months, I know people who waited over a year.

Not only are they thieves but incompetent.

I can't agree more with you

Although I think it could have taken longer if I didn't go there to create scenes and lambast the manager

1 Like

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by Otasikwe(m): 6:59am On Mar 21, 2021
aviationguy:
Good morning everyone, am into DSTV and other satellite's TV installations, repairs and services for your Homes, Hotels and Offices .please give me a call 08032387510,a quality service assured.
the forbid you to add location abi u want to learn 419

2 Likes

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by GiveUpNojoin(m): 7:03am On Mar 21, 2021
There was once a country called Nigeria embarassed
Wat a shame
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by Bluntemperor: 7:03am On Mar 21, 2021
blackpanda:
Which one is consumers allege. They have always been selling since day 1

The truth is that the Federal Workers in conjunction with Discos and Genco are thieves, that are not allowing the Nigerians to enjoy light.
•what Discos does is to give you free on the surface and every month,they charge you with the Pre-paid bills,as if you are owing them money! If you load 100 units,they deduct 50 units.
•as at today many Nigerians are paying for darkness as Disco charged bills for the month , irrespective of light or no light.When you collect the Pre-paid they would load the debts inside the Meter.Is this the way to have Industrialization for our country.In fact we are not serious people.
We don't produce Pre-paid meters,yet we can't give it to the Consumers.These Discos activities are what the Efcc should go after as undercover, but they won't.
We are just deceiving ourselves.When last did you hear of Minister of Power doing anything tangible about lights? If Nigeria State is having 24/7 lights,is it too much in this 21 Century?
Or must we be carrying jerry-can to fuel Stations every day? Must we patronise purchase of generator as if is the best for us?
Ghana and Benin Republic don't use generators again! Nobody will develop the Country for us.Dubai- a once desert has turned things around and is where Nigerians are spending in Dollars.
Too Shameful!

5 Likes

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by DesChyko: 7:05am On Mar 21, 2021
Free keh?
When the cost is clearly spelt out on PHCN websites?

1 Like

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by StarSport: 7:12am On Mar 21, 2021
Only those who work in the office MAY get it free of charge otherwise, no one gets it without paying for it. Nobody questions the authority and so they can do whatever they like. The government does not care too whether the GENCOs, TRANSCOs and DISCOs work against instructions or not. So they oppress and intimidate consumers the way they like.

1 Like

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by JKGiantInnova: 7:14am On Mar 21, 2021
Was it free before? 😎
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by pickatyouu: 7:18am On Mar 21, 2021
I never knew they were free in the first place..

Check my signature if you have a car and interested in installing a tracking device. It might interest you
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by rman: 7:23am On Mar 21, 2021
Ishilove:
So what else is new? I doubt if there are people who received this metres free of charge.

I received mine free of charge three weeks ago
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by plot697: 7:27am On Mar 21, 2021
Tonymegabush1:
Eedc that I know has been selling their meters to their customers through MAP metering initiative it is even boldly written on their utility bill that customers should bear In mind that metering is not free..

Are they still selling? I applied a long time ago without success till now

1 Like

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by authority2006(m): 7:29am On Mar 21, 2021
Tonymegabush1:
Eedc that I know has been selling their meters to their customers through MAP metering initiative it is even boldly written on their utility bill that customers should bear In mind that metering is not free..

There is nothing like MAP in this case, the meters are from the FG to be given to customers free of charge. But this is Nigeria, almost everyone is a crook.

1 Like

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:38am On Mar 21, 2021
BigBelleControl:
I'm still waiting for IKEDC to come and install my meter which I've already applied for.

For the past four months, I've been getting a constant bill of 43k for a 2 bedroom flat. The bill has already exceeded my house rent in a year.
Those guys are so mean when they come for disconnection.
43k . And person go pay? I will rather stay in darkness and manage gene till meter is install even if it going to take forever. That amount na heart attack

2 Likes

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by authority2006(m): 7:40am On Mar 21, 2021
sammysmiles:
Who received free meter? In my house, they bought it 60k..

Actually, some people are receiving it but those DISCOs management are smart and crooks as well. They don't give these meters to those who had paid for the meters already. What they are doing is giving the meters to those who are on estimated billing and have accumulated debt above 100k. You pay them like 10k, more like a bribe. They install the meter for you and give you the instruction on how to begin paying your "debt" in instalments.

1 Like

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by Coolsphinx: 7:40am On Mar 21, 2021
Hmmmmm!!!! Abi oooh! Come to think of it, if truly you are making millions of naira from export business will you be here advertising it or you don't have family members, friends and relatives who are broke? OK! I get it! You are looking for gullible people to sell materials to, so that you can buy some food and eat.
Tectono:
Hmmmm!!!! I thought as much. Every average Nigerian want to make money any how. Check out my signature if you want to be making millions of naira from export business.

1 Like

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by Coolgent(m): 7:44am On Mar 21, 2021
tizteezy:
Unfortunately, most people don't understand that when when you buy a meter, within a year, you must have recovered your money via less bills you'll be paying as compared to estimated billing.

I equally BOUGHT mine.
Paid for it in August last year, but it still took me causing scenes at their office before they came to install the meter I paid for in December
I concur.
So how was the charging compare to the estimated billing?
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by nemynely(m): 7:51am On Mar 21, 2021
It's ludicrous for any Nigerian to believe they can get a prepaid meter for free. Pls tell me what I don't know - did I somehow miss the burial ceremony for CORRUPTION?

2 Likes

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by shanktang(m): 7:51am On Mar 21, 2021
NERC must be crazy with their submission, waiting for consumers complaint before they commence action on investigation or what next to do, how many consumers are aware that the meters are free in the first place and not to be paid for, was there any move by NERC to orientate electricity consumers to educate them concerning free meters and inform them not pay for meters, and if they where asked to do the otherwise in any case, they should report back to NERC, or call a number to report any such cases for further investigations, I'm sure some officials of NERC are also indirectly involved in this scam, that's the reason they don't look like they cared.

1 Like

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by edoairways: 7:58am On Mar 21, 2021
zeusdgrt here is another issue from discos
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by Tvoice: 8:06am On Mar 21, 2021
welcome to naija , dats naija for u, if dem like make dem sell Buuuhaaari, e nor concern me .
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by xpool(m): 8:10am On Mar 21, 2021
favour32:
These phcn(nepa or whatever their recent name) people wicked o!
Dem dey sell meters,dem nor dey change any nepa property wey spoil.
Dem nor send na only wayo wayo dem sabi
Exactly!
BEDC Asaba/Delta state, do not repair transformers or service any faulty line, many areas in Asaba are without light because of spoilt transformers. Consumers in Asaba are the ones buying transformers and also paying BEDC staff to install such transformers. We have been buying all materials for BEDC for repairs and services, including electric poles, conductors, service cables, meters and hiring of laders.
Meter ke, BEDC will never do it. They love ESTIMATED BILLINGS even when they don't give you light.
That was why they were chased out of Edo state.

BEDC IS THE WORST DISCO

1 Like

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by peterjulius00(m): 8:13am On Mar 21, 2021
Everybody in the country is just making money for his personal self.
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by emonis88: 8:15am On Mar 21, 2021
Me don know say na wetin go happen be dat. They il even hoard d meters n tell consumers dat there is no meter, then sell it to people ready to pay for it. Can't Nigeria get anything right? And make una no vex o! but I would like to say this now, this now about how we Nigerians r suffering our fellow countrymen cus of being in a position dat gives d leeway to do such despicable acts, this one no be Igbo, Yoruba, or Hausa. So when d various tribal investigators on nairaland resume work cus of a story concerning any tribe in Nigeria ,let them understand dat in every tribe there r good n bad people. make I rest this matter for now.

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by emonis88: 8:18am On Mar 21, 2021
xpool:

Exactly!
BEDC Asaba/Delta state, do not repair transformers or service any faulty line, many areas in Asaba are without light because of spoilt transformers. Consumers in Asaba are the ones buying transformers and also paying BEDC staff to install such transformers. We have been buying all materials for BEDC for repairs and services, including electric poles, conductors, service cables, meters and hiring of laders.
Meter ke, BEDC will never do it. They love ESTIMATED BILLINGS even when they don't give you light.
That was why they were chased out of Edo state.

BEDC IS THE WORST DISCO
N consumers il still pay bill for light, when they bought transformers n cable. God help our country abeg.

2 Likes

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by od501: 8:19am On Mar 21, 2021
tizteezy:

I equally BOUGHT mine.

How much?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senator Magnus Abe Aligns With Wike / Mahama And Jonathan Meet In Abuja (photos) / Osinbajo Meets With Alake Of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.