Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege (18219 Views)

FG To Raise Power Tariff December, Begins Free Meters Purchase / IBEDC To Begin Distribution Of 100,000 Free Meters Next Week / FG Begins Nationwide Distribution Of 1m Free Meters In Kano, Kaduna, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by gurunlocker: 8:29am On Mar 21, 2021
Can't we just be truthful at once and do something diligently in this country?

Why must everything be about stealing and corruption!

They said give this thing out for free, you are selling because you want to make quick money... And we will be blaming those in government!!!

This country is something else.

1 Like

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by Tonymegabush1(m): 8:33am On Mar 21, 2021
authority2006:

There is nothing like MAP in this case, the meters are from the FG to be given to customers free of charge. But this is Nigeria, almost everyone is a crook.

If fg is sincere about their meter distribution they should distribute with another agency separate from electricity companies ones they are the ones handling it their can't be transparency...

1 Like

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by Neoteny(m): 8:36am On Mar 21, 2021
The meters weren't given for free to the Discos, CBN financed the scheme as a loan to the Discos payable over 10 years.

MAP still technically exists because the government has not exactly terminated it.

Still, selling meters now is illegal, though this is mostly done by fraudulent employees of the Discos.

2 Likes

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by EbukaHades10(m): 8:37am On Mar 21, 2021
BigBelleControl:
I'm still waiting for IKEDC to come and install my meter which I've already applied for.

For the past four months, I've been getting a constant bill of 43k for a 2 bedroom flat. The bill has already exceeded my house rent in a year.
Those guys are so mean when they come for disconnection.
Na so u go siddon till they begin bring bill of 1m.

Find way go the nearest office wey near u.

Na so me sef do b4 I come wake up.

Paid for meter and they brought it by December. January, meter was about running out. Tried to recharge but was told that meter wasn't activated.

They kept bringing bill wey dey enter 20something thousand, na so I go dem office to complain.

They no answer me beta till I become customer for there.

Finally activated it but to recharge come be wahala as token no gree work. Na so I move go their office again b4 dem answer me.

Till today, I dey use 5k in a month, sometimes, pass a month if I use am well

4 Likes

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by authority2006(m): 8:40am On Mar 21, 2021
Tonymegabush1:

If fg is sincere about their meter distribution they should distribute with another agency separate from electricity companies ones they are the ones handling it their can't be transparency...

Yes, I agree with you

2 Likes

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by AmazingELixir: 8:41am On Mar 21, 2021
aviationguy:
Good morning everyone, am into DSTV and other satellite's TV installations, repairs and services for your Homes, Hotels and Offices .please give me a call 08032387510,a quality service assured.

Can you repair hardware problem in Explorer decoder?
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by BelovedofLord: 8:41am On Mar 21, 2021
gratiaeo:
I have paid for prepaid meter since August last year up till today it has not been installed

Kindly call me for a prompt solution! You'll be amazed with the speed your prepaid is brought to you!

See my signature for my contact phone details!
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by BelovedofLord: 8:57am On Mar 21, 2021
BigBelleControl:
I'm still waiting for IKEDC to come and install my meter which I've already applied for.

For the past four months, I've been getting a constant bill of 43k for a 2 bedroom flat. The bill has already exceeded my house rent in a year.
Those guys are so mean when they come for disconnection.

Kindly call me for a swift & prompt solution, please!

You'll be amazed with the speed your prepaid is installed!

See my signature.
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by BelovedofLord: 9:02am On Mar 21, 2021
MIMOSAXY:

My neighbour paid ₦110,000 to IBEDC for the (3 Phase) prepaid Meter, but he's still visiting their office regularly and they are yet to install it.

Kindly contact me for a swift & prompt solution, please!

See my signature!
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by BelovedofLord: 9:10am On Mar 21, 2021
gratiaeo:
I have paid for prepaid meter since August last year up till today it has not been installed

Kindly contact me for swift & prompt solution!

You'll be amazed at the speed your prepaid meter is brought!

See my signature, please!
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by Ladycewhy(f): 9:53am On Mar 21, 2021
The real question is ,are there people that were given prepaid meter for free?
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by 4four(m): 10:02am On Mar 21, 2021
Nigeria the home of fraudsters and corruption
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by zeusdgrt(m): 10:24am On Mar 21, 2021
edoairways:
zeusdgrt here is another issue from discos
Government decided to give free meters under the NNMP project but they haven't funded it cz they have to pay the contract company for the free meter so people keep applying and the contract company will not meter unless is been paid for by the government that decided the program.Now due to ongoing cry from individuals about not getting their meters and stating that they are ready to pay for it the discos decide to give a shot at Customer to pay for meters to contract company while those who want to wait for the free meter program to be funded should wait.
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by edoairways: 10:38am On Mar 21, 2021
zeusdgrt:

Government decided to give free meters under the NNMP project but they haven't funded it cz they have to pay the contract company for the free meter so people keep applying and the contract company will not meter unless is been paid for by the government that decided the program.Now due to ongoing cry from individuals about not getting their meters and stating that they are ready to pay for it the discos decide to give a shot at Customer to pay for meters to contract company while those who want to wait for the free meter program to be funded should wait.
Wow
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 21, 2021
nigeria is beyond redemption
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by Cooldiipo(m): 10:50am On Mar 21, 2021
I sell Portable inverter and power bank for laptops
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by nemynely(m): 10:51am On Mar 21, 2021
samwillyco1:
Everybody is a CRIMINAL in NIGERIA

Sounds harsh and generalist, but a very valid FACT.

1 Like

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by zeusdgrt(m): 10:58am On Mar 21, 2021
edoairways:

Wow
Government funding comes in batches
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by Tectono: 11:01am On Mar 21, 2021
Coolsphinx:
Hmmmmm!!!! Abi oooh! Come to think of it, if truly you are making millions of naira from export business will you be here advertising it or you don't have family members, friends and relatives who are broke? OK! I get it! You are looking for gullible people to sell materials to, so that you can buy some food and eat.
Sorry, it is not meant for people like you. Folks, ignore him and check out my signature to master the art of making staggering amount of money from export trade.
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by okpas01: 11:05am On Mar 21, 2021
This is not surprising
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by Dharmiejoe(m): 11:09am On Mar 21, 2021
Apparently they have been selling the free meters to consumers for a long time. It's not a new devpt. This country is beyond redemption.
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by samwillyco1(m): 11:09am On Mar 21, 2021
nemynely:

Sounds harsh and generalist, but a very valid FACT.

I know it is a bitter truth, but very valid as you said.

If you see the kind of Corruption going on in the Churches and family businesses/ Community businesses you will Cry for the Generations unborn in this country
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by tsmith(f): 11:17am On Mar 21, 2021
bet9ja:
My Meter was installed 3 days ago for free. However, I was extorted by the lady who came for inspection.

Which of the distributors is this? Eko Electric or ikeja. We still have a pending prepaid meter application since last year
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by tsmith(f): 11:18am On Mar 21, 2021
rman:

I received mine free of charge three weeks ago

Referral please. Especially if Eko Electric. I have a pending application since last year
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by tsmith(f): 11:19am On Mar 21, 2021
plot697:

Are they still selling? I applied a long time ago without success till now

Same here, applied online since last year, even happy to pay of someone would response
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by Perfectbeing(m): 11:19am On Mar 21, 2021
Corruption in ingrained in every Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by tsmith(f): 11:22am On Mar 21, 2021
BelovedofLord:

Kindly contact me for swift & prompt solution!

You'll be amazed at the speed your prepaid meter is brought!

See my signature, please!

What areas do you cover and what exactly are you offering? Does this include Eko Electric jurisdiction?
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by BelovedofLord: 11:33am On Mar 21, 2021
tsmith:

What areas do you cover and what exactly are you offering? Does this include Eko Electric jurisdiction?

We offer consultancy services in the Nigerian Electricity sector!

Yes, Eko Electric inclusive.

Kindly call me for full details, please.
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by jamace(m): 11:49am On Mar 21, 2021
NERC is a failure. It is a toothless bull dog..It just talk and does not confirm implementation..

Nigeria is dying because of Leadership of talk without action.
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by ShaqFu: 11:51am On Mar 21, 2021
Re: DISCOs Now Selling FG’s Free Meters, Consumers Allege by Sibrah: 11:56am On Mar 21, 2021
If corruption has refused to move an inch under Buhari then we are in for a long thing in this part of the world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Explosives Smuggled In Fuel-Tankers To Lagos - Ihejirika / The Reinstatement Of Notorious Zakari Biu By PM News Editorial / Buhari Urges Governors To Pay Workers’ Salaries From Debt Refunds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.