Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials (6181 Views)

This Did Not Happen In Edo State. See How They Lied Against Gov Oshiomhole. PICS / BREAKING : Oshiomhole Sacks Four Commissioners / Oshiomhole Sacks State Executive Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by 10cirenoh: 7:54pm On Apr 15, 2011
@190

Are you serious? is this 190 or an imposter? is osunbor your uncle or Igbinedion?

CAN you sincerely compare EDO state under PDP with EDO state under ACN?
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by nnaemmy(m): 9:06pm On Apr 15, 2011
If really that was the reason for the sack,
Then, He (Adams) got it wrong.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 15, 2011
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by konami001: 10:36pm On Apr 15, 2011
Most of you hiding behind your computers to type here really do not know what Edo State has lost in the past decade which was completely under control of the pdp=== via Lucky Igbinedion, let me tell all of you that are not indigenes of Edo State; please you all should mind you business ok, we do not need you legless people who really do not know whats on ground in the state to teach us walking, If Oshiomhole needs to sack all the workers in the state to solidify his rule or to enable him continue the good work he is doing in the state, then, he has all the support of all well-meaning edos, He has the absolute right as the Governor to sack whoever he deems as not contributing to his political goals, can you imagine after all the works he has done in the state, for him to even hear his party lost in anyway is criminal, not to talk of sacking the smelling eggs that betrayed him and collected money from the opposition, if you were in his shoes, would you just simmer down?

WE FORBID EROSION
WE FORBID 2YRS UNPAID TEACHERS SALARY
WE FORBID GALLOP ON OUR ROADS
WE FORBID LACK OF STREET LIGHTS
WE FORBID LACK OF TRAFFIC LIGHTS

WE FORBID A GOVERNMENT OF PDP, WE FORBID LUCKY IGBINEDION AND CO,

OSHIOMHOLE ALL THE WAY,
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by konami001: 10:40pm On Apr 15, 2011
Donlittle:

i have notice sumthing about a black man, i mean most black man
they are only good at fighting for human right
now oshiemole is another case
he should had just stayed in labor wateva and fight for human right
instead of leading
u hardly see a black man, who once fight for human right and was finally able to rule is pppl after being able to fight for their right

Rubbish, stayed in labour my a, ssssssssssss!
He is not perfect, God forbid, but he is getting the work done, so pls PDP chill,
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 15, 2011
papadonkee:

For once, if someone takes a bad decision, can we be honest enough with ourselves to just call it a bad decision?

There can be no justification for sacking members of your cabinet because you lost an election in their area. No justification whatsoever. Were they appointed to work for the State, or as campaign coordinators?

This has nothing to do with Oshiomhole's performance as a Governor, or the contest between ACN and the PDP, or the wrestling match between him and Chief Anenih.

As a single political decision, it sends the wrongest kind of signal out - that the Governor is at war with an ethnic tribe. This sort of politics has no place in Edo State, and all true democrats must recognise the danger inherent in acts like this, and condemn it completely and unequivocally.

Edo State reminds me of George Orwell's novella Animal Farm.

In Orwell's classic tale about the impossibility of the attainment of an undemocratic utopia, the animals got rid of their benevolent human masters, only to have them replaced by despotic animals, trying their damnedest to be like their recently deposed human masters.

The king is dead. Long live the king.

This is not the kind of change we need in Edo State!. Oshiomhole was elected Governor of the entire State by the entire State, and he cannot wish Esanland away.

ACN!!! *Oink*

cheesy
lol, ,funny post but i agree wit u 100 percent
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by n2k(m): 10:55pm On Apr 15, 2011
i just notice one thing,if barack obama is a governor of a state in nigeria or the president of nigeria within two years people will also complain, with most of the post have seen so far,i just discover that we are our own problem not the leaders.
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by MeGaStReEt: 10:57pm On Apr 15, 2011
Oshit-Ole see what you've done to my people, they can't even think with their brain anymore.
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by n2k(m): 11:01pm On Apr 15, 2011
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 15, 2011
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by spoOne: 11:09pm On Apr 15, 2011
This ugly guy seem to have the Edo electorate rapped around his fingers. . . may be because of their experience with biggest rogue of them all! – Igbinedion.

I think they will be more disappointed, if he’s re-elected – he’s only interested in chasing skirts around the world than worrying about the Edo people. He’s got them totally fooled with the ugly dressing at the market – to make ‘em think he’s one of them. The next time I see him in the US I am taking pictures. The guy is a complete fraud.
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by blackgucci(m): 11:11pm On Apr 15, 2011
[size=20pt]they took bribe, they got their asses kicked out of government. whats the noise about??[/size]
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by liquid7: 11:30pm On Apr 15, 2011
ha ba grin
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by recoome(m): 12:01am On Apr 16, 2011
He's just angry over the money he used to purchase the 200 jeeps, and yet he could not defeat anenih!
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by konami001: 12:05am On Apr 16, 2011
$poOne:

This ugly guy seem to have the Edo electorate rapped around his fingers. . . may be because of their experience with biggest rogue of them all! – Igbinedion.

I think they will be more disappointed, if he’s re-elected – he’s only interested in chasing skirts around the world than worrying about the Edo people. He’s got them totally fooled with the ugly dressing at the market – to make ‘em think he’s one of them. The next time I see him in the US I am taking pictures. The guy is a complete fraud.

Yeah right, only a foo.l will never realise that people can never be satisfied, so you are not worried about his current tenure, but OF HIS SECOND TENURE! Thats Wonderfull,

For one, i think that there are very few Nigerians who can hold a Governorship post that will not enrich themselves just a bit, even this few i cannot name because tbh i do not know if there is really anyone, What the people want is not someone who will Govern them and go poor in the process because he wants to be too good, if you do that the same people who you sacrificed for will be the very same people to laugh at you in the end, what is needed is someone who has  conscience and will not be greedy enough to TAKE IT ALL , OR HAVE YOU NOT HEARD THAT IN THE LAND OF THE BLIND, A ONE-EYED MAN IS A  KING, which means "As far as we know, putting into consideration the greed of an average Nigerian man,,,,, oshiomhole is trying, BTW, DO NOT HIDE IN THAT US o, come and lets vote for you and see what you can do, TALK IS CHEAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by spoOne: 1:23am On Apr 16, 2011
konami001:

Yeah right, only a foo.l will never realise that people can never be satisfied, so you are not worried about his current tenure, but OF HIS SECOND TENURE! Thats Wonderfull,

For one, i think that there are very few Nigerians who can hold a Governorship post that will not enrich themselves just a bit, even this few i cannot name because tbh i do not know if there is really anyone, What the people want is not someone who will Govern them and go poor in the process because he wants to be too good, if you do that the same people who you sacrificed for will be the very same people to laugh at you in the end, what is needed is someone who has conscience and will not be greedy enough to TAKE IT ALL , OR HAVE YOU NOT HEARD THAT IN THE LAND OF THE BLIND, A ONE-EYED MAN IS A KING, which means "As far as we know, putting into consideration the greed of an average Nigerian man,,,,, oshiomhole is trying, BTW, DO NOT HIDE IN THAT US o, come and lets vote for you and see what you can do, TALK IS CHEAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Sorry to disappoint you. . . I am not a politician. But, I don't have to be to have an opinion about a public servant- I am only speaking from observation, albeit, from the outside. I see what the Lagos and Rivers Governors are doing for their respective states; quietly, I might add. But this guy is on the megaphone daily, saying how terrible other politicians are; and I think to myself is this not the same guy that had so many sham strikes . . . that he only gained from - leaving the poor students and labor unions to wither in the sun with nothing to show for their sacrifices. Oshiomole has one thing going for him. . . trickery of the masses.
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by vaLasce(m): 1:27am On Apr 16, 2011
comradeadamsoshiomoleruntinssoverymuchritenow!.
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by hercules07: 1:41am On Apr 16, 2011
Oshiomole is trying in Edo state jare, people who do not know the state of Edo under Igbinedion have no rights to say anything, the man has transformed Benin, what did PDP do in over 8 years, Adams is good. I do not know where Amaechi got this reputation as a very good governor from, the guy is as corrupt as they come, most of the work being done in PH is shoddy, though he has tried as per schools sha.
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by daroz(m): 4:40am On Apr 16, 2011
This is nigerian polities, I am fully aware that even if Jesus come to take up a political post in nigreia, some [size=20pt]Yam head pple[/size] will still critisize. I have reasons to believe that all the pple critisizing the governor are ple that are eitherone of the following

`1, pple that have not been to Edo before
2, pple that that have not visited it recently
3, pple that knows the truth, yet decided to pervert the truth for personal reasons(I really suspect 190).

Whether u badbelle pple like it or not, Oshiomole remains in the good book of the pple of Edo State, and I reasons to believe he is going to run unopposed for the 2nd term, cos everyone knows dat whoever contest with him will be wasting his time, its going to be a flawless victory.

[b][size=30pt]Oshiomole is working, Edo State is working. UP AC!!![/[/size]b]
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by 190: 5:24am On Apr 16, 2011
^^ how much is a bag of salt and broom that oshiomoloe gave you dats making you shout like this undecided
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by derekcole: 9:08am On Apr 16, 2011
That is a very good move. If they cant deliver their Zone, they have no business in Politik, they are political appointee and should deliver their Zone for their party.
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by Eziachi: 10:02am On Apr 16, 2011
nnaemmy:

If really that was the reason for the sack,
Then, He (Adams) got it wrong.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
If I read the article correctly, the men sacked were all political appointees of the governor. When he appointed them into their positions, he did not tell you and I the merits of their appointments and I don't see why he has to justify their sacking now any of us. Any political appointment job is subject to be lost at anytime, any where democracy is practiced in the world.

That is why, if person don't like or can't stand the unexpected lose of job as a politician, go and contest an election and if you win and work within the law and your mandate, your job is guaranteed at least for the period of your electoral mandate.

The lose those places to the opposition can affect his target and performance in govt, so if their appointment are based on performance related as to be able to sell the govt image and programmes to the people of the area, which they hope that its translate into votes at the elections and they had failed based on the outcome of the election, he has no choice than to sack them.

Its not a question of being right or wrong and tomorrow they will join the opposition, that is, if they hasn't already. However someone is here bothering about this kind of politicians of Nigerian stock.
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by papadonkee: 10:25am On Apr 16, 2011
Let me try to separate issues:

1. Oshiomhole is working. His administration is light years ahead of anything the PDP's Igbinedion offered the State.

2. Sacking, en masse, people from a particular area and e[b]xcluding them from Government is wrong[/b]. If you guys really like Adams, if you realise that he is not God and therefore he can make mistakes, help him by telling him the truth.

At a time when we need everyone in the State to work together, this is not the way forward.

It is not.

I'm PDP, and I'm from Uromi, Edo State. So for those who want to call this "bad belle" or "sour grapes", feel free to use the information I just provided, if it helps you justify Oshiomhole's missteps.
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by marcus1234: 11:36am On Apr 16, 2011
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by skelemba: 2:24pm On Apr 16, 2011
Follow @mypages10 on twitter for your news update and hottest entertainment gist.
www.twitter.com/mypages10
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by Binary(m): 11:34pm On Apr 16, 2011
Gov Oshiomhole have abandon Ishan people, no development is going in Ishan land is it only Benin City and his place the Edo people voted him to serve? We should have a rethink here, A good leader should be able to carry everybody along. although is trying but he should be fair to the Ishan also, angry
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by favouredjb(f): 10:29am On Apr 17, 2011
nice comment papadokee
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by insideview: 4:21pm On Apr 17, 2011
the sacked officials are political apointees, serving at the governor's pleasure, helping him actualise his vision. For politicians, that vision will usually include winning elections. If they cannot deliver thier areas, he has every right to let them go, moreso, the allegations that some worked against the interests of the government in which they served.

Oshiomole has every right to sack any aides he feels no longer contribute to him actualising his vision for the state, whatever that vision may be.
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by uglybetty: 11:46am On Apr 18, 2011
When Ibenidion was there you guys dare not talk. Its Oshomole that is atlist walking that you want out. I don't know what you people really want. What do you really want Nigerians? At list be grateful for the little he has done. Afterall you poeple know how dead the state was before he came in. Am not from Edo,but Na wa for una wey dey complain.
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by Vincent41(m): 3:49am On Apr 19, 2011
A very ugly man sacking handsome people.its very bad
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by luluosas(m): 6:24pm On Apr 20, 2011
The Oshiomhole that turned round to vote for Jonathan's PDP. Is this not anti party activities? Who is deceiving who? Nigerians will never seize to amuse me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce / INEC Declares Magnus Abe Winner Of Rivers South East Senatorial Rerun Election / The North Also Cry As Osinbanjo Appoints 80% Yoruba Personal Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.