Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe (1529 Views)

Jonathan Transition Team Trickish – Buhari Campaign Group / No Link Between Buhari, Boko Haram – Jonathan Campaign Group / Jonathan Campaign Bus And Hilux Set On Fire At Suleja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe by Orikinla(m): 10:33am On Apr 15, 2011
A campaign group canvassing for voters to support President Goodluck Jonathan offered me bribe via text message to vote for him and ask others to vote for him. But I rejected their bribe.

Many people are being offered different forms of bribe in cash and kind to vote for Mr. Goodluck Jonathan in the presidential election on Saturday April 16, 2011.

Some were offered recharge cards of N500 to N1, 500 to vote for him.

The corrupt and desperate ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP) is using political bribery to compel Nigerian voters to vote for their presidential candidate.

The corrupt PDP has billions of dollars to use to bribe millions of voters to vote for President Goodluck Jonathan and political bribery is a criminal offence and an electoral malpractice that is another form of rigging an election.

Sahara Reporters exposed the political bribe given to Nigerian journalists in Abuja and yesterday Al Jazeera sent me an e-mail to interview me on:

1) ‘Cheque-book journalism’ is a term heard a lot when people speak of Nigerian media. Why is it so prevalent?

2) Where would the majority of Nigerians get their news about the elections?

3) What impact has sites like Sahara Reporters had on the Nigerian media scene? What do you think the future holds for the independent media in Nigeria?

I am against all forms of corrupt practices and since President Goodluck Jonathan and his ruling party are corrupt, I will never support him and will do my best to fight against corruption at all levels and save our beloved nation Nigeria from corrupt leaders who have been destroying our nation.

DO NOT VOTE FOR ANY CORRUPT POLITICIAN OR ANY CORRUPT PARTY!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 15, 2011
can you show us the text message?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe by Beaf: 11:47am On Apr 15, 2011
Megalomania
1. A psychopathological condition characterized by delusional fantasies of wealth, power, or omnipotence.
2. An obsession with grandiose or extravagant things or actions

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/megalomania

Na only you de 9ja? Abi your vote get maggi? shocked

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe by blacksta(m): 11:53am On Apr 15, 2011
In exchange for N500 or N1000 recharge card which probably lasts for about 30 minutes you will get at least of 4 years which equates to 2,102,400 Minutes of

1. death trap roads,
2.Accidental or willing-full police gun discharge,
3. poorly funded educational and medical establishments,
4. very limited electricity,
5 Inflation,
6. Miss managed federal and state institutions,
7. Pipe borne water diseases
8. Falling further below poverty lines
8.  many more hardships

The Questions Remains
[size=20pt]
"  ARE NIGERIANS REALLY THAT DAFT OR PRETENDING "
[/size]
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 15, 2011
oh him vote nor get maggi now coz una don bribe enuf peeps who go do the job. i see  shocked
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe by Savedelta: 11:55am On Apr 15, 2011
SHUT UP or eat shit, 500 recharge cards Does are common brand materials across party lines.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe by agabaI23(m): 11:56am On Apr 15, 2011
A text message that could as well have been sent by anybody to tarnish GEJ's image.
You think the campaign is that daft that will send such messages even they wanted to bribe you.

I thought the poster was based the US anyway.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe by slap1(m): 12:54pm On Apr 15, 2011
I received a similar SMS from the Buhari campaign organization, too. It offered N1,000.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe by Orikinla(m): 1:02pm On Apr 15, 2011
agabaI23:

A text message that could as well have been sent by anybody to tarnish GEJ's image.
You think the campaign is that daft that will send such messages even they wanted to bribe you.

President Goodluck Jonathan and his cohorts in the PDP have been using political bribery taught them by OBJ to buy endorsement and votes.

No other political party has attempted to bribe me.

A caller from the South-South once called me over the allegation of money laundering against the First Lady. I told him that the information is on Wikipedia.

These people are desperate, because they want to use President Goodluck Jonathan to escape from being probed and prosecuted. Until he comes clean and separates himself from the corrupt ruling party, I will never support him. And even an offer of $1billion will not buy my conscience.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe by Orikinla(m): 1:09pm On Apr 15, 2011
slap1:

I received a similar SMS from the Buhari campaign organization, too. It offered N1,000.

IT IS GOOD TO REPORT ANY CRIMINAL ACT OF POLITICAL BRIBERY OR OTHER FORMS OF CRIMES BY ANYBODY OR COMPANY.

EVEN IF ACN TRIES IT, I WILL REPORT IT.
WHEN BRF WAS MESSING UP WITH THE MEDICAL DOCTORS, I REPORTED IT UNTIL HE RESOLVED THE MATTER.
NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW.

CORRUPTION IS THE REASON NIGERIA IS UNDERDEVELOPED AND THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE DEVELOPED NATIONS.

IF GEJ REFORMS AND TRANSFORMS INTO AN INCORRUPTIBLE LEADER, I AM READY TO DEFEND AND SUPPORT HIM 100% FOR THE COMMON GOOD OF ALL NIGERIANS.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe by onyengbu: 1:09pm On Apr 15, 2011
Are u not the fake writer running around nairaland cursing ndi igbo?

Just go get a life!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe by lolatom: 1:14pm On Apr 15, 2011
Orikinla:

President Goodluck Jonathan and his cohorts in the PDP have been using political bribery taught them by OBJ to buy endorsement and votes.

No other political party has attempted to bribe me.

A caller from the South-South once called me over the allegation of money laundering against the First Lady. I told him that the information is on Wikipedia.

These people are desperate, because they want to use President Goodluck Jonathan to escape from being probed and prosecuted. Until he comes clean and separates himself from the corrupt ruling party, I will never support him. And even an offer of $1billion will not buy my conscience.

U dnt have a conscience else u wudn't have embarked on this fruitless campaign of calumny in the first place. and if u've got one by any chance it'll be worth less than 1000naira. Stop clutching at straws and face the imminent defeat starring you in the face. eediot
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe by 1025: 1:38pm On Apr 15, 2011

@agaba123,
which image of jonathan are u talking about? the situation in any country represents the image of the leader. if u want to talk about jonathan's image, you have look it at from the following headlines;
1. federal roads
2. electricity
3. security
4. the nigerian police
5. our judiciary system
6. medical sector
7. our educational system
8. corruption

please go ahead and talk about the so called image of our leader that the original poster wanted to tarnish according to u.
image my foot.
the truth of the matter is that many nigerian can nolonger think right as a result of hardship.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe by agabaI23(m): 2:05pm On Apr 15, 2011
^Thanks
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe by Wadeoye(m): 2:17pm On Apr 15, 2011
@1025, thanks for your post. But do you think those primitive and hopelessly shallow minds will look at issues from your perspective? With trhe number of young people in the group of agaba123 growing unabated, Nigeria future is bleak. Is it news that GEJ has been looting our national treasury to bribe anybody they can bribe for vote? How about the $7000.00 bribe given to each PDP delegate during PDP primary? How about the transport money (thousands of dollars) he gives to every visitor to ASO rock? How about billions of naira that was used to bribe voters last saturday? How about all the billions they have carrying around since yesterday to by votes from poor Nigerians?

BE VISE, VOTE FOR CHANGE, VOTE FOR BUHARI/BAKARE
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe by Kobojunkie: 2:35pm On Apr 15, 2011
blacksta:

In exchange for N500 or N1000 recharge card which probably lasts for about 30 minutes you will get at least of 4 years which equates to 2,102,400 Minutes of
The Questions Remains
[size=20pt]
"  ARE NIGERIANS REALLY THAT DAFT OR PRETENDING "
[/size]

Some still are . . . . Did you see the woman in the video rigging her life, and that of her family, away??
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe by juman(m): 2:35pm On Apr 15, 2011
Let build Nigeria together.

Jonathan/Sambo team is the answer.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe by Orikinla(m): 4:14pm On Apr 15, 2011
juman:

Let build Nigeria together.

Jonathan/Sambo team is the answer.

Even though the First Lady is my aunt, I will not vote for her husband.
They are corrupt.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe by Seun(m): 4:21pm On Apr 15, 2011
How so?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe by otokx(m): 4:23pm On Apr 15, 2011
This madness will end by tomorrow
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe by vedaxcool(m): 4:36pm On Apr 15, 2011
PDP - isn't this an indication of the kind of future they offer us, Bribe,betrayal and Looting out foreign reserve, if only some people can wise up and see how inimical this occult party actually is, giving N500 recharge card is the height of insult any goof ball can offer for vote, yet to the PDP, Nigerians are just another cheap banjo ware that could be bought for stipends. Vote goat-luck Vote 4 years of Bribery and wastage of Foreign reserve.

[size=18pt]
SAI Bukhari, the credible alternative
[/size]
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe by debbyshaw(f): 6:56pm On Apr 15, 2011
pls nigereians vote wisely wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe by friedrice1: 7:56pm On Apr 15, 2011
blacksta:

1. death trap roads,
2.Accidental or willing-full police gun discharge,
3. poorly funded educational and medical establishments,
4. very limited electricity,
5 Inflation,
6. Miss managed federal and state institutions,
7. Pipe borne water diseases
8. Falling further below poverty lines
8.  many more hardships

The Questions Remains
[size=20pt]
"  ARE NIGERIANS REALLY THAT DAFT "
[/size]
Unfortunately, YES.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe by semid4lyfe(m): 8:23pm On Apr 15, 2011
orikinla:
A campaign group canvassing for voters to support President Goodluck Jonathan offered me bribe via text message to vote for him and ask others to vote for him. But I rejected their bribe.

Many people are being offered different forms of bribe in cash and kind to vote for Mr. Goodluck Jonathan in the presidential election on Saturday April 16, 2011.

Some were offered recharge cards of N500 to N1, 500 to vote for him.

The corrupt and desperate ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP) is using political bribery to compel Nigerian voters to vote for their presidential candidate.

The corrupt PDP has billions of dollars to use to bribe millions of voters to vote for President Goodluck Jonathan and political bribery is a criminal offence and an electoral malpractice that is another form of rigging an election.

Sahara Reporters exposed the political bribe given to Nigerian journalists in Abuja and yesterday Al Jazeera sent me an e-mail to interview me on:

1) ‘Cheque-book journalism’ is a term heard a lot when people speak of Nigerian media. Why is it so prevalent?

2) Where would the majority of Nigerians get their news about the elections?

3) What impact has sites like Sahara Reporters had on the Nigerian media scene? What do you think the future holds for the independent media in Nigeria?

I am against all forms of corrupt practices and since President Goodluck Jonathan and his ruling party are corrupt, I will never support him and will do my best to fight against corruption at all levels and save our beloved nation Nigeria from corrupt leaders who have been destroying our nation.

DO NOT VOTE FOR ANY CORRUPT POLITICIAN OR ANY CORRUPT PARTY!

Jeez! How retarded can an Old man be?

I won't be surprised to wake up tomorrow and see another thread by the same OP titled ''Jonathan Is After My Life'' grin

O ma se o sad
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 15, 2011
@orikinla &co., Major political parties offer bribes as far this years' election is concerned. If you dont know let me tell you that my neighbour got glo branded recharge cards with remi tinubu pictures courtesy ACN, and on the eve of the NASS election he phoned to tell me he wouldnt be coming home that night cos party officials within shitta-surulere has gone to bourdillon to get 'goodies' for election the following morning 9-4-2011 so he has to wait for his own share. We he came back after the election he narrated how money was used by party agents to induced voters btw N1000 - N2000. All over there as so many tales, even at the polling station where i voted i learnt some people were 'settled' btw N500 - N1000. SO ITS COMMON KNOWLEDGE THAT MONEY WAS USED TO GATHER VOTES IRRESPECTIVE OF PARTIES AND ITS MOSTLY THE HIGHEST BIDDER THAT WINS!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe by agabaI23(m): 9:07pm On Apr 15, 2011
Timehin:

@orikinla &co., Major political parties offer bribes as far this years' election is concerned. If you dont know let me tell you that my neighbour got glo branded recharge cards with remi tinubu pictures courtesy ACN, and on the eve of the NASS election he phoned to tell me he wouldnt be coming home that night cos party officials within shitta-surulere has gone to bourdillon to get 'goodies' for election the following morning 9-4-2011 so he has to wait for his own share. We he came back after the election he narrated how money was used by party agents to induced voters btw N1000 - N2000. All over there as so many tales, even at the polling station where i voted i learnt some people were 'settled' btw N500 - N1000. SO ITS COMMON KNOWLEDGE THAT MONEY WAS USED TO GATHER VOTES IRRESPECTIVE OF PARTIES AND ITS MOSTLY THE HIGHEST BIDDER THAT WINS!
Told him, in fact tolded him
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Campaign Group Offered Me Bribe by switch47(m): 9:20pm On Apr 15, 2011
Chage right, change left, Change?? i am not interesteted in changing from Fry pan to fire. I will vote for Goodluck jonathan!!

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Sacks Aviation Chiefs / Nigeria Will Not Disintegrate / My Vision For World Bank - NGOZI OKOnJO IWEALA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.