Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,167 members, 7,852,971 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:18 AM

Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg (31624 Views)

I Inherited A Country With Bombs Going Off In Cities – Buhari / Opposition Candidate Atiku Gains Momentum In Nigeria Election Race - Bloomberg / US Employment Jumps 201,000 In August, Jobless Rate Steady At 3.9% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by Sonn(m): 7:41pm On Mar 27, 2021
I have always known we will arrive at this point, a rich and blessed country like Nigeria, I knew it because APC is full of LIARS, THIEVES, DUMBS, and DUMMIES, though some people have eyes but could not see these, while some knows the truth but are blinded by 30k a month, and some by NEPOTISM and BIGOTRY, there's no governance in NIGERIA' but our ONLINE WARRIORS keep defending EVIL even when the effects keeps glaring at us on daily basis, but one thing is sure, he/she who doesn't AGREE by morning' must surely do by evening, else' he/she will remain in darkness forever, #ONLINE ZOMBIES

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by lizarazus(m): 7:42pm On Mar 27, 2021
...�to become or "HAS BECOMED���
Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by BigBashiru: 7:43pm On Mar 27, 2021
calcal:
Many can't understand that the problem is not Buhari, this is a long-time issue since after independence, NO TIME THAT THIS COUNTRY WAS DOING OKAY. WAKE UP GUYS. IT IS NOT WORKING AND IT WON'T WORK

It's a cultural problem. Nigerians are relaxed, casual, unserious and want easy life.
Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by FATnigga(m): 7:44pm On Mar 27, 2021
Southern Nigeria needs to separate from the North Asap

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 27, 2021
lexy2014:

Bros, how much is needed for a country of d size of nigeria?

If u are saying that "nigeria does have a money problem", then what's this about: "While acknowledging the endemic corruption and lack of political will to effect the much needed development..."?
We need a lot more than that.
The corruption just makes things a lot worse.
Infact, corruption is the reason we aren't earning enough money.
Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by BigBashiru: 7:45pm On Mar 27, 2021
shegzhkn:

Lol, he raised a good point.

Nigeria has a population of about 200M and ur annual budget is shy 30B usd, the country is dirt poor.

Saudi whose population is just 34M+ does 260+ B USD as annual budget and I'm doing that comparison because they also export almost nothing with the exception of oil (Mono Economy), i should be comparing Nigeria to country like Japan, South Korea but they clearly have something alot of black nations do not have - Leadership

That amount (30B USD) should at best be use to run Nigeria homeland security, to some advance country Nigeria is just a charity case.

Nigerians are too lazy to count their population; they need China for that too....its not believable that the population of Nigeria is 200m. America is 300m or so in 52 States. Nigeria should be like 120m max.

A contract should be awarded to China for the counting of Nigerias population.
Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by shegzhkn: 7:45pm On Mar 27, 2021
lexy2014:

Still doesn't answer my questions:

how much is needed for a country of d size of nigeria?

If u are saying that "nigeria does have a money problem", then what's this about: "While acknowledging the endemic corruption and lack of political will to effect the much needed development..."?

Seems you still don't get it, 'While acknowledging the endemic corruption' he is telling you that even that miniscule amount you've got some folks who will still mismanage significant amount of the fund and he is also acknowledging the fact they don't have the interest of the country at heart.

Your first question i deliberately left it unanswered or should i say explicitly, UK does over 1 Trillion Dollar (did conversion from GBP) and of course lower population, Canada, Korea and Japan all with population much lower but humongous annual budget.

You know what, if you want a more direct answer you gonna have to do ur homework.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by Easy1401(m): 7:47pm On Mar 27, 2021
waiting Musa no go see for gate?
incompetent President gave birth to Corr u ption, extreme poverty, hike in price of commodities,high rate of inflation, high rate of unemployment etaal.
Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by PoshTraveler: 7:47pm On Mar 27, 2021
see record cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by shegzhkn: 7:49pm On Mar 27, 2021
BigBashiru:

Nigerians are too lazy to count their population; they need China for that too....its not believable that the population of Nigeria is 200m. America is 300m or so in 52 States. Nigeria should be like 120m max

We cannot say actually.

America has about 330M+ population and it 50 state.
Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 27, 2021
This Caption sef Choke grin grin
Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by Ezmans: 7:51pm On Mar 27, 2021
yinkus6750:
In the midst of abundant natural resources, bad leadership, corruption and mismanagement, got us here.
Ghana is now far better than the fake giant of the continent. Unemployment is one of the reason insecurity has kept increasing with different dimensions.
We need to have a great turnaround in leadership if things must change.
but afonjas & there Amoured Personal Carrier(apc) can't believe it bcs to them everything is moving at the right direction with there 80 percent votes
Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by lexy2014: 7:53pm On Mar 27, 2021
shegzhkn:

Seems you still don't get it, 'While acknowledging the endemic corruption' he is telling you that even that miniscule amount you've got some folks who will still mismanage significant amount of the fund and he is also acknowledging the fact they don't have the interest of the country at heart.

Your first question i deliberately left it unanswered or should i say explicitly, UK does over 1 Trillion Dollar (did conversion from GBP) and of course lower population, Canada, Korea and Japan all with population much lower but humongous annual budget.

You know what, if you want a more direct answer you gonna have to do ur homework.

Since u have done ur homework, I was expecting a more detailed & unambiguous response from u. So far, u are yet to answer d questions I asked:

If u remove endemic corruption, political will to effect the much needed development and lack of leadership that u mentioned earlier from d equation, what do u have left?
Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by ShootThemAll(m): 7:54pm On Mar 27, 2021
Sai! Baba!!! Buhari is working. A man of integrity!! 4+4...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by lexy2014: 7:55pm On Mar 27, 2021
Rgade:

We need a lot more than that.
The corruption just makes things a lot worse.
Infact, corruption is the reason we aren't earning enough money.

Like how much? U can't just say "much more than that". It's ambiguous.

Yes corruption is d reason nigeria isn't earning enough money
Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by buckeyemedia: 7:59pm On Mar 27, 2021
Sonn:
I have always known we will arrive at this point, a rich and blessed country like Nigeria, I knew it because APC is full of LIARS, THIEVES, DUMBS, and DUMMIES, though some people have eyes but could not see these, while some knows the truth but are blinded by 30k a month, and some by NEPOTISM and BIGOTRY, there's no governance in NIGERIA' but our ONLINE WARRIORS keep defending EVIL even when the effects keeps glaring at us on daily basis, but one thing is sure, he/she who doesn't AGREE by morning' must surely do by evening, else' he/she will remain in darkness forever, #ONLINE ZOMBIES
What is the difference between the people in APC & PDP? Gbenga Daniels former Pdp Governor of Ogun State along with former speaker of the House Bankole joins APC meets Buhari, Godwin Obaseki Governor of Edo State dumps APC, joins PDP, Fani Kayode attempts to leave the main opposition party to pitch tent with APC, party chieftains refuse his entry.
Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by BigBashiru: 8:01pm On Mar 27, 2021
shegzhkn:

We cannot say actually.

America has about 330M+ population and it 50 state.

The point is how can Nigeria develop wen they too lazy to count their population??
Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by uuzba(m): 8:03pm On Mar 27, 2021
FATnigga:
Southern Nigeria needs to separate from the North Asap
Not really.
The problem is caused by importation of goods instead of local manufacturing.
Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by shegzhkn: 8:03pm On Mar 27, 2021
lexy2014:

Since u have done ur homework, I was expecting a more detailed & unambiguous response from u. So far, u are yet to answer d questions I asked:

I can really place a figure ok dude.

Thing is Nigeria need to provide more value internationally and develop it manufacturing sector, go read about 'Miracle on the han river'.

South Korea, Japan don't have a drop of oil and almost inexistent natural resources but look at those country today, Nigeria problem is complex i don't know maybe she is suffering from resource curse apart from myriad of problems she is still battling with.

Here is what i can tell you, the next cause of global economic dislocation will come from relentless pace of automation that might take a lot of good job, see where the country is right now and i can tell you that oil(the only stock in trade she's got) will have gradually lose value.
Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by buckeyemedia: 8:03pm On Mar 27, 2021
lexy2014:

Like how much? U can't just say "much more than that". It's ambiguous.

Yes corruption is d reason nigeria isn't earning enough money
90%?of The States in Nigeria add nothing to Nigeria’s GDP, states create Jobs based on their comparative advantage not the Federal Government. No one expects Sokoto State to export palm oil, or crepe & crumb rubber, neither does anyone expect Delta State to export cotton or finished textile.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by lexy2014: 8:06pm On Mar 27, 2021
buckeyemedia:
90%?of The States in Nigeria add nothing to Nigeria’s GDP, states create Jobs, not the Federal Government.

Am not sure I told u anything about or made any distinction between federal govt and state govt. But since u mentioned it, why do 90% of d states in Nigeria add nothing to Nigerias GDP? Which still leaves my questions begging for answers:

Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by ogbonti: 8:07pm On Mar 27, 2021
Rgade:
The only thing that can save Nigeria now is another oil boom, this time however; properly utilized.
But what are the odds of that happening.
The future really is bleak for this country,as a matter of fact I see no future.
I foresee a complete breakdown of law and order in the next 10-15 years.

Nigeria’s oil for the next 25 years has been handed off to China as collateral for huge loans that Buhari and his gang collected sharing at least 70% of it amongst themselves - the next administration has nothing to work with - Nigeria is finished!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by buckeyemedia: 8:08pm On Mar 27, 2021
lexy2014:

Am not sure I told u anything about or made any distinction between federal govt and state govt. But since u mentioned it, why do 90% of d states in Nigeria add nothing to Nigerias GDP? Which still leaves my questions begging for answers:

Bro I was just making a general assertion, not necessarily referring to you.
Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by lexy2014: 8:09pm On Mar 27, 2021
shegzhkn:

I can really place a figure ok dude.

Thing is Nigeria need to provide more value internationally and develop it manufacturing sector, go read about 'Miracle on the han river'.

South Korea, Japan does not have a drop of oil and almost inexistent natural resources but look at those country today, Nigeria problem is complex i don't know maybe she is suffering from resource curse

Bros, pls look at what u said above about South Korea and Japan. They have no oil in d ground and almost no natural resource in d ground. D question is how did they become what they have become? Is it because they had enough money right from d start? Where they always as rich and comfortable as they are today?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by lexy2014: 8:10pm On Mar 27, 2021
buckeyemedia:
Bro I was just making a general assertion, not necessarily referring to you.

Ok. Sorry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by Angelacruz: 8:12pm On Mar 27, 2021
All thanks to Buhari...
Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by shegzhkn: 8:13pm On Mar 27, 2021
BigBashiru:

The point is how can Nigeria develop wen they too lazy to count their population??

First thing first, Nigeria has leadership problem.
An average Nigerian has no influence over such thing, a lot of those decisions are made by folks who shouldn't have been in a position of authority in the first place.
Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by shegzhkn: 8:17pm On Mar 27, 2021
lexy2014:

Bros, pls look at what u said above about South Korea and Japan. They have no oil in d ground and almost no natural resource in d ground. D question is how did they become what they have become? Is it because they had enough money right from d start? Where they always as rich and comfortable as they are today?

Lol, am sorry to say this but you don't seem to know much about the global economy and how country develop.

South Korea use to be dirt poor but she picked herself up and became a real deal today.

Read about 'Miracle on the Han River'.
Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by lexy2014: 8:28pm On Mar 27, 2021
shegzhkn:

Lol, am sorry to say this but you don't seem to know much about the global economy and how country develop.

South Korea use to be dirt poor but she picked herself up and became a real deal today.

Read about 'Miracle on the Han River'.

Since u know much about global economy, how countries develop and u have read about "Miracle on the Han River", how u are struggling answering d questions below?:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Become The Country With The Highest Jobless Rate - Bloomberg by shegzhkn: 8:34pm On Mar 27, 2021
lexy2014:

Since u know much about global economy, how countries develop and u have read about "Miracle on the Han River", how u are struggling answering d questions below?:

Lol.

what else do you want me to say, i have answered all ur question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Abba Kyari: DSS Writes Segun Adeniyi; Warns Against Denigrating Secret Police / Governor Akeredolu Signs LCDA Bill Into Law / Buhari Is The Father Of Corruption - Mark Wosi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.