Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,088 members, 7,859,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:59 PM

Is Something Wrong With Me? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Something Wrong With Me? (2695 Views)

Is This Abnormal? Is Something Wrong With Me? Pls I Need Your Advise. / Is There Something Wrong With Me? / ADVICE Plssssss, Is Something Wrong WITH Me.. ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by BABE3: 4:19pm On Apr 16, 2011
@OP, Yes, I think it's out of place. In fact, I don't think, I know!

Baby daddies, Baby Mamas BS! If you want to remain single, that's find. (Paul the apostle in the Bible was single. Jesus didn't get married while on earth, so No P)

But don't go around impregnating women and collecting the children. Simply adopt abeg. Some kids are out there looking for a home and love. So biko, adopt. wink cheesy
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 16, 2011
African_queen:

I totally understand you man, check out the words/phrase used to describe marriage 'web of union' 'bond' 'wedlock' 'chains' etc, but raising up a child alone ain't funny, its not advisable. God knows why he said a man and woman should come together and be one. the child needs both parents not a mother who hardly ve time nor a father who's scared of living with his mother, what effects do you think it will hve on the child?

BABE!:

@OP, Yes, I think it's out of place. In fact, I don't think, I know!

Baby daddies, Baby Mamas BS! If you want to remain single, that's find. (Paul the apostle in the Bible was single. Jesus didn't get married while on earth, so No P)

But don't go around impregnating women and collecting the children. Simply adopt abeg. Some kids are out there looking for a home and love. So biko, adopt. wink cheesy

Just why not having a child (with her) might be better!
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by BABE3: 6:09pm On Apr 16, 2011
^^I should give you a reason why not having a child with her might be better?
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 16, 2011
I am confused. undecided
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nekai(f): 6:12pm On Apr 16, 2011
What kind of woman would choose to go through 9 months of pregnancy, childbirth, body changes, hormone changes, leaky bosoms, 4+ months of round the clock marathon feeding sessions and all that by herself? You can't even begin to share that 50-50, so a woman will agree to be your baby factory while you are free to live out those 1 1/2 to 2 years that a baby will take out of her life?

And then, even if she agrees, what's to stop her from finding another guy that wants to take care of her in her time of need? Maybe you want another man raising your child.
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by iice(f): 5:46am On Apr 17, 2011
Rare but so long as you guys stick to your agreement and do right by your stipulations. . .goodluck
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Wislet(f): 11:36am On Apr 17, 2011
@OP, yes. The Lord Jesus did not marry. But neither did He devise this devilish plan too! He never had any such contract wit any woman. If u know u don't want to marry (there's provision for that-but only for those that want to worship God exclusively! And not for work or ambition for goodness sakes) then do so. But don't BRING A CURSE UPON YOURSELF BY COMMITTING SIN WITH ANOTHER WOMAN (whether a child is involved or not). That idea is not from God. That people are doing it DOESN'T MEAN IT IS RIGHT. Get your priorities straight. . . In this day and age, the devil is devising different ideas to counter almost every good thing God has instituted. He puts such ideas in the minds of men & makes it look so attractive & easy. But what he will never tell you is that such ways have a deep, bottomless gully at their terminating points. Be warned.
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:47pm On Apr 17, 2011
You perfectly normal. I've met a couple of peeps who aren't marriage inclined and I find nothing wrong with that! I'm of the opinion, whatever rocks your boat! At the end of the day its your life, so live it the way you want too.
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Wislet(f): 2:02pm On Apr 17, 2011
ThoniaSlim:

You perfectly normal. I've met a couple of peeps who aren't marriage inclined and I find nothing wrong with that! I'm of the opinion, whatever rocks your boat! At the end of the day its your life, so live it the way you want too.
that life he's living is accountable to someone. It's not his, but God's. Remember. Let's not think through the back.
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:05pm On Apr 17, 2011
Yes Preacher Chike! Lmao! Oh puhleaseee! What brought religion into this now? Like seriously!
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by MMM2(m): 2:16pm On Apr 17, 2011
dere is nothing wrong in it and is ur life as well.
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Wislet(f): 7:06pm On Apr 17, 2011
ThoniaSlim:

Yes Preacher Chike! Lmao! Oh puhleaseee! What brought religion into this now? Like seriously!
Marriage is an institution ordained by God, and sex is incorporated in it. Anything outside that is corrupted & working backwards. . . If he does not want to marry, then he should do without de woman perhaps & be alone. If not, best to DO IT RIGHT. Don't be fooled by so-called 'modernization' or 'liberal thinking' my friend. They are all intelligent foolishness.
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Odunnu: 7:22pm On Apr 17, 2011
Like have a child and who takes care and in what kinda environment?
We Africans have great regards for family and marriage so in Africa, say Nigeria, you would be considered abnormal
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 17, 2011
Hello house,
I've been meaning to put this on here and get your opinions. Dont know why I hv always hesitated.
Is it unusual that I dont want to get married, but simply want a kid (or none) from a woman I wont live with? My expectation is that she'd be very independent/busy and we'll hardly have time for a 'marriage' sort of, for living together. There'd definitely be no name exchange too.
If that's difficult to understand, I only mean Angela Merkel and Sauer's kind of relationship, or Oprah's engagement with Graham, or Sartre's with deBeauvoir (for the famous examples), or the many other unknown or un-heard of cases in some corners round the world.
Is this out-of-place?

There are alot of people who feel the same way you feel (myself included). I really dont see the need for marriage again when I look at the married men around me and I see how miserable and unhappy they are. I have decided not to end up like that. I would probably want a kid, but getting married? . . . lipsrsealed
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by slymm(f): 10:02pm On Apr 17, 2011
bla bla bla, and the religious fanatics are out blazing again. The man has decided to flee from the bondage known as marriage, let him be.
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 12:23am On Apr 18, 2011
Wislet:

@OP, yes. The Lord Jesus did not marry. But neither did He devise this devilish plan too! He never had any such contract wit any woman. If u know u don't want to marry (there's provision for that-but only for those that want to worship God exclusively! And not for work or ambition for goodness sakes) then do so. But don't BRING A CURSE UPON YOURSELF BY COMMITTING SIN WITH ANOTHER WOMAN (whether a child is involved or not). That idea is not from God. That people are doing it DOESN'T MEAN IT IS RIGHT. Get your priorities straight. . . In this day and age, the devil is devising different ideas to counter almost every good thing God has instituted. He puts such ideas in the minds of men & makes it look so attractive & easy. But what he will never tell you is that such ways have a deep, bottomless gully at their terminating points. Be warned.
Wislet:

Marriage is an institution ordained by God, and sex is incorporated in it. Anything outside that is corrupted & working backwards. . . If he does not want to marry, then he should do without de woman perhaps & be alone. If not, best to DO IT RIGHT. Don't be fooled by so-called 'modernization' or 'liberal thinking' my friend. They are all intelligent foolishness.

Who are you? like really? u are not just a bot? u exist?
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by vaLasce(m): 2:04am On Apr 18, 2011
I think d best thing/gift God gave man is FREE WILL.
So do as it pleases u poster,
ur only ansarable2ur creator,dats if u belive u ve a creator.
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Wislet(f): 8:16am On Apr 18, 2011
sauer:

Who are you? like really? u are not just a bot? u exist?
yes i do. 100%.
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 12:16am On Apr 19, 2011
Wislet:

yes i do. 100%.
seriously??
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by kayjasper(f): 1:45am On Apr 19, 2011
hmm interesting topic thoughthe most interesting of all this is between WISLET and SAUER shocked shocked shocked shocked who are you? You are just not a bot? grin grin grin grin cheesy i am real,100%
seems like two opposing spirits(the devil talking to an angel) who didnt know the other existed before.
A bit scary dont you think tongue
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by chic2pimp(m): 2:17am On Apr 19, 2011
slymm:

bla bla bla, and the religious fanatics are out blazing again. The man has decided to flee from the bondage known as marriage, let him be.
I'd rather refer to them as NUTCASES
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 1:32am On Apr 20, 2011
chic2pimp:

you have got to be the classic nutcase. What school did u attend again? Nutty High?

Okay, wislet appears to me rather strange, really? Never heard anyone talk like that or express such opinions. 'Lord Jesus' really? oops!
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 1:37am On Apr 20, 2011
J12:

There are alot of people who feel the same way you feel (myself included). I really dont see the need for marriage again when I look at the married men around me and I see how miserable and unhappy they are. I have decided not to end up like that. I would probably want a kid, but getting married? . . . lipsrsealed

I understand your point. But I don't think it's wise all the same to 'flee' from marriage because of bad experiences others have. You should be able to do it your way. I flee rather from the humdrum, the living together, the routine life, the putting your wife first, the attending functions together. Really, the dependence that follows.
Isn't it funny no one ever inquires about Oprah's sex life or engagements with men (don't like her as example, though)? This is how I mean it!
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Wislet(f): 7:26am On Apr 20, 2011
sauer:

I understand your point. But I don't think it's wise all the same to 'flee' from marriage because of bad experiences others have. You should be able to do it your way. I flee rather from the humdrum, the living together, the routine life, the putting your wife first, the attending functions together. Really, the dependence that follows.
Isn't it funny no one ever inquires about Oprah's sex life or engagements with men (don't like her as example, though)? This is how I mean it!
It took you dis long to say wat u're TRULY having de shivers for. Well my dear, am not a fanatic, i say it de way it is. And i dont blame those that see talking about God as strange, goes a long way to show who they TRULY ARE. . . Anyways, am happy u're not scared of marriage itself but the ROUTINE that follows. . Well, if u feel so strongly about it, u can discuss that with ur partner. Talk frankly with her about your jitters. If she agrees to give u some space, and make it less of a mundane experience for you, then okay.
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Wislet(f): 7:36am On Apr 20, 2011
kay jasper:

hmm interesting topic thoughthe most interesting of all this is between WISLET and SAUER shocked shocked shocked shocked who are you? You are just not a bot? grin grin grin grin cheesy i am real,100%
seems like two opposing spirits(the devil talking to an angel) who didnt know the other existed before.
A bit scary dont you think tongue
funny guy.
slymm:

Pls go somewhere & take ur schnapp. Guess u're a champion at that.
chic2pimp:

Am sorry but u just embarrassed yourself. Ur statement is yaba left personified. Are u regular there?, Just asking.
sauer:

you have got to be the classic nutcase. What school did u attend again? Nutty High?

Okay, wislet appears to me rather strange, really? Never heard anyone talk like that or express such opinions. 'Lord Jesus' really? oops!
sauer:

De guy just made a spectacle of himself. @sauer, Yes, he is my Lord. Hope u got no problem with that. Better not, unless u're an atheist. Peace.
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 23, 2011
Wislet:

funny guy. Pls go somewhere & take your schnapp. Guess u're a champion at that. Am sorry but u just embarrassed yourself. your statement is yaba left personified. Are u regular there?, Just asking. De guy just made a spectacle of himself. @sauer, Yes, he is my Lord. Hope u got no problem with that. Better not, unless u're an atheist. Peace.

and wislet is 'f'? oh lord, shiit!
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 23, 2011
. . .
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by BABE3: 10:23pm On Apr 23, 2011
J12:

It is very wise indeed. I just lost a cousin yesterday, he died because he got a married to a witch. I dont want to end like that.

***Covering my mouth*** I'm sorry! RIP, to the deceased!
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by redsun(m): 10:27pm On Apr 23, 2011
Commitment is all about affordability and wants.
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 23, 2011
. . .
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by BABE3: 10:32pm On Apr 23, 2011
Sorry ehn! Pele!

***Hugs J12 and consoles him*** Ndo! Hoped you've stopped crying, sad
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 23, 2011
. . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

True Love Is Sacrifice, Can You Die For Your Man/woman? / Help! My Ex Wont Let Me Be / 7 Of The Things Most Ladies Do To Test If A Guy Truly Loves Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.