Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,167 members, 7,849,605 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:41 AM

Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba (4030 Views)

6 Top Sectors Awaiting Tinubu’s ‘Magic Wand’ / "This Is Port Harcourt Not Asokoro"- Wike's Magic Wand In Action: Pics & Video / Ned Nwoko And Team Land In Asaba In 3 Private Jets (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by RichMediaSpace: 1:51pm On Mar 28, 2021
1x2x3:
Una argument dey shame me honestly.

Okowa has outperformed all previous delta state governors... Yes I agree.

With the funds delta state receives, the previous and present governors are supposed to have done 5 times what is being done which translates to running and developing all the cities easily.

This can't easily change as it is the same across Nigeria. All the presidents and governors are underperforming greatly.

Praising Okowa is expected since he's far better than the previous governors however, Okowa is like a one-eyed man in the midst of blind people.

All I see across Nigeria is mediocre projects.

That's the point I was silent on. That as the years grows by, finances has improved which places his performances at the same level as his predecessors which makes him not better

Delta for example needs very good water transport system. Water oceanoic/aquaculture industry.

My people are still on the tribal sentiments and posturing which is tiring

Delta deserves better than these guys, simple as ABC. I like modern day Edo's developmental footprints, Delta, I don't.

1 Like

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by persius555(m): 1:53pm On Mar 28, 2021
A small London that can't attract foreign investment. Delta state lacks vision. Not exactly any form of excitement.

Rivers and Akwa Ibom are in the same league while Delta is in the same league with Bayelsa. So much resources yet very little to show for it.

1 Like

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by RichMediaSpace: 1:53pm On Mar 28, 2021
persius555:
A small London that can't attract foreign investment. Delta state lacks vision. Not exactly any form of excitement.

Rivers and Akwa Ibom are in the same league while Delta is in the same league with Bayelsa. So much resources yet very little to show for it.

God bless you oh. Let them keep playing tribal sentiments and continue destroying the state.

1 Like

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by RichMediaSpace: 1:55pm On Mar 28, 2021
With 80 Billion per month, I will seek through the stock exchange 1 trillion in bonds and scatter everywhere with projects. I swear it on my ancestors. Make budget to repay just 3 to 5 billion a month. This will help create good environment, industry, infrastructure. Use the new outlook to invite atleast 100 international organizations to come setup things. The global ratings and ease of business will skyrocket and development will further on. Simple as ABC. They are praising people who can't think straight.

People are praising mediocre people. Smh

1 Like

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by 1x2x3: 1:56pm On Mar 28, 2021
RichMediaSpace:

There's no war in Delta. We keep saying it, even every Urhobo is directly connected by blood with Anioma, all parts are interwoven. But, to continue to push the agenda that Anioma is being opposed and oppressed I don't agree with. The larger voter apathy that brought in Okowa came outside home where he scored 80% of every proWarri cities

I will never embrace clannishness to the extent that I will accept the ineptitude and lack of performance of any governor. If he like he should be my elder brother.

You got the quoted part very wrong. Anioma people suffered under previous governors and Asaba wasn't spared...... I mean there was absolutely no roads, minimal development for more than 12 years but Okowa came in and turned that around. Every Anioma town has been overhauled completely...... Would you say he's tribal? I mean these are people that were left with no visible development for over 12 years and the governors that deprived them of such were from a particular part.

Were the people of Anioma oppressed? The question is yours to answer. I also wish you can point out any visible development in Anioma within those 12 years.

2 Likes

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by RichMediaSpace: 1:59pm On Mar 28, 2021
1x2x3:

You got the quoted part very wrong. Anioma people suffered under previous governors and Asaba wasn't spared...... I mean there was absolutely no roads, minimal development for more than 12 years but Okowa came in and turned that around. Every Anioma town has been overhauled completely...... Would you say he's tribal? I mean these are people that were left with no visible development for over 12 years and the governors that deprived them of such were from a particular part.

Were the people of Anioma oppressed? The question is yours to answer. I also wish you can point out any visible development in Anioma within those 12 years.

What's the difference. The finances of the state in the early state of democracy and now isn't the same. It's the same exact thing I tell people when they blame Obasanjo this and that. What was the price of crude and how much was being sold. Compare it with now. That's where the funds come from not that funds for development were withheld. That's wrong. What's being earned now and then are not in the same level atall.
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by RichMediaSpace: 2:09pm On Mar 28, 2021
To people who didn't witness the foundational laying of Delta from the IBORI era

As of then Delta only received 11% Allowance and next to nothing from water based Oil exploration activities making it had tight funds. I was on ground first hand in the era so I know first hand. Because the funds gotten was very little and there was tribal conflicts here and there, even the federal allocation had to be used to the best possible way to appease all factions

Hence three Strategies were developed

1. Delta employed the strategy of heavy employment into the states civil service to ensure funds were distributed through work opportunities but that it employed extremely high volume of people. It maintains this structure till today and that's why it ranks as the highest civil workers. To ensure the state had hands in work force to appease the different ethnic factions not because of proeuctivity

2. Funds left after the hefty civil service which was it's strategy towards distribution of resources became lean at the time. How do I know. Few states pay about 50,000 workers monthly and maintains thus without stories. Since 20 years thus has been the case without default.

3. Direct distribution of monies which was used as a means to douse tensions since 1999 clash of clans.

With this in mind, IBORI people castigate out a system to bring in different scattered parts together for that time

I was there first hand on ground so I know

However as the years go on we began to have new rules that granted for example the state the right to earn from off shore oil exploration.... Increased revenue from 11% to 13%. Increased finances even with the increased volume as crude sales boosted over the years

As of IBORI let's say Nigeria sold 300,000 barrels of oil a day. As of now, the country sells say 3 Million barrels a day. 11% of 300,000, 16 years ago and 13% of 3 Million of present isn't comparable by any standard.

The finances isn't the same so people judging performance of. Now are not doing it commemorate the the resources available for development of the past eras.

That's why each time we Anioma say we are opposed and oppressed, I always ask, by what fundamentals are you speaking. Is it out of assumption or real life facts and figures

Let's get narratives right please.

There's no hating in Delta. Financial Resources only grew. Simple as ABC

1 Like

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by edoairways: 2:12pm On Mar 28, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:
[s][/s]
If other governors did half of what my able wonder working governor Dr,senator Ifeanyi Okowa(Ekwueme 1 of Delta state) did in Delta state we would've had a mini London in Delta state but I thank God Almighty for giving us Hope in governor Okowa led government.
And what did he do?
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by VictorUSA(m): 2:24pm On Mar 28, 2021
RichMediaSpace:

Emotional clap back. I knew you will never be logical
Stop intimidating this young man!
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 2:32pm On Mar 28, 2021
1x2x3:

You're wasting your time with that human being. Anioma was completely cut off by other governors, no single project was done in Anioma apart from uncompleted substandard airport. Okowa is still far better than other governors before him.
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by 1x2x3: 2:40pm On Mar 28, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:

You're wasting your time with that human being. Anioma was completely cut off by other governors, no single project was done in Anioma apart from uncompleted substandard airport. Okowa is still far better than other governors before him.

Nwangwu here
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by MajesticKris: 2:49pm On Mar 28, 2021
I know you ma.... You're a great leader...that's because I stay in Asaba!!
Governor okowa is working.. and these Apc people are looking for ways to make mockery of Him....

Nwanyiogwashi:
Nobody paid him, governor Okowa is working and Delta people are happy with him.
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 2:50pm On Mar 28, 2021
[s]
RichMediaSpace:
To people who didn't witness the foundational laying of Delta from the IBORI era

As of then Delta only received 11% Allowance and next to nothing from water based Oil exploration activities making it had tight funds. I was on ground first hand in the era so I know first hand. Because the funds gotten was very little and there was tribal conflicts here and there, even the federal allocation had to be used to the best possible way to appease all factions

Hence three Strategies were developed

1. Delta employed the strategy of heavy employment into the states civil service to ensure funds were distributed through work opportunities but that it employed extremely high volume of people. It maintains this structure till today and that's why it ranks as the highest civil workers. To ensure the state had hands in work force to appease the different ethnic factions not because of proeuctivity

2. Funds left after the hefty civil service which was it's strategy towards distribution of resources became lean at the time. How do I know. Few states pay about 50,000 workers monthly and maintains thus without stories. Since 20 years thus has been the case without default.

3. Direct distribution of monies which was used as a means to douse tensions since 1999 clash of clans.

With this in mind, IBORI people castigate out a system to bring in different scattered parts together for that time

I was there first hand on ground so I know

However as the years go on we began to have new rules that granted for example the state the right to earn from off shore oil exploration.... Increased revenue from 11% to 13%. Increased finances even with the increased volume as crude sales boosted over the years

As of IBORI let's say Nigeria sold 300,000 barrels of oil a day. As of now, the country sells say 3 Million barrels a day. 11% of 300,000, 16 years ago and 13% of 3 Million of present isn't comparable by any standard.

The finances isn't the same so people judging performance of. Now are not doing it commemorate the the resources available for development of the past eras.

That's why each time we Anioma say we are opposed and oppressed, I always ask, by what fundamentals are you speaking. Is it out of assumption or real life facts and figures

Let's get narratives right please.

There's no hating in Delta. Financial Resources only grew. Simple as ABC
[/s]

Mister you're not from Anioma buy from urhobo. James ibori is criminal that loot Delta state dry even till today your urhobo people still insist that he did not loot.Thank God for UK government that jail him.

Delta state monthly allocation is not 80b well maybe your paymaster told you that.

Nigeria has enter recession more than three time since 2015.

Your paymaster should know that 20m in 1999-2015 is less than 5m from 2016-2021.

Delta north, south and central witness much development under Okowa than other governors before him.

Delta state was know as educational less state but it changed under Okowa led government.
Asaba was upgraded village before but today it has witness development under Okowa led government.
Under Okowa Asaba is nollywood hub.

Past governors put Delta state in massive debt but that does not stop Okowa from working.
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 2:55pm On Mar 28, 2021
persius555:

Delta state is doing far better than river state and akwa ibom in education.

Delta state have the lowest unemployment rate in Nigeria please tell me where rivers and akwa ibom is.

Delta state have one of the lowest poverty rate than river state and akwa ibom.

Delta state have multiple cities than both states.
Delta state is only behind abuja and Lagos.
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Daum: 2:57pm On Mar 28, 2021
As partly Deltan, I can comment on this post because at least I know a little of Asaba. Okowa has tried for Asaba in terms of infrastructure.

But to be honest I get angry because Delta is not where it ought to be I swear. The money in that state is just for eating by politicians. They eat money too much in that state. The wastage in Delta state is too high from the time of Ibori till now.

To be sincere, the biggest business in Delta state is politics. It is very very big. They did local government election, come and see how it was...in my Edo state, nobody even really cares about how they do Local government election.

In Delta state, the money involve is huge.
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 2:57pm On Mar 28, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Stop comparing delta and rivers,we are all brothers.
I'm ogwashi uku woman first, Anioma woman and Igbo woman before any other,I don't hide it.
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 2:59pm On Mar 28, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Yes,and don't over praise him or trying to compare him with anyone.Delta state politicians are too corrupt,we deserve more from those corrupt politicians.
Yes every politician is corrupt but Okowa stand out.Delta state was on massive debt before Okowa came but is still doing wonderfully well.
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Ikinternational: 3:02pm On Mar 28, 2021
roseboma:
Akwa Ibom is not a one city state, I live in Delta and nothing is happening here.

Nothing is happening in a state that has Warri n Asaba?

Land in Gra Asaba is currently 50 million a plot.
(N people are still buying) How? If nothing is happening?

I wouldn't expect you to know that though. You can only talk from your level
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 3:03pm On Mar 28, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Bros,I support power rotation so that everyone can feel belong.But What I mean is that even Ibori,okowa,uduaghan(the worst delta governor),omo-agege are co are not up to the standard of governor we need in delta state.
Okowa should not be in the same league with ibori and uduaghan,in fact uduaghan was the worst,oil was sold around 110 during his time with massive loan he collect but nothing to show with it.

Okowa is stand out.
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Sufferingboy(f): 3:04pm On Mar 28, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:
Yes every politician is corrupt but Okowa stand out.Delta state was on massive debt before Okowa came but is still doing wonderfully well.
Okay madam...........As for me,all politicians are the same.
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 3:04pm On Mar 28, 2021
Ikinternational:

Allow them to keep fooling themselves, land is still sold around 1.5m in uyo but land in Asaba now is more than 60m.
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 3:06pm On Mar 28, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Okay madam...........As for me,all politicians are the same.
The roads Okowa is doing in Delta state was it there before?
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Sufferingboy(f): 3:07pm On Mar 28, 2021
Ikinternational:

Akwa Ibom is developing,but akwa ibom na younger brother to delta.Delta beat akwa-Ibom.
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Sufferingboy(f): 3:08pm On Mar 28, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:

The roads Okowa is doing in Delta state was it there before?
We deserve more than that.

1 Like

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 3:09pm On Mar 28, 2021
Daum:
As partly Deltan, I can comment on this post because at least I know a little of Asaba. Okowa has tried for Asaba in terms of infrastructure.

But to be honest I get angry because Delta is not where it ought to be I swear. The money in that state is just for eating by politicians. They eat money too much in that state. The wastage in Delta state is too high from the time of Ibori till now.

To be sincere, the biggest business in Delta state is politics. It is very very big. They did local government election, come and see how it was...in my Edo state, nobody even really cares about how they do Local government election.

In Delta state, the money involve is huge.

The question is what did other past government of Delta state did?with the massive debts and higher oil price?

Okowa is stand out.

Till today urhobo people still celebrate James ibori a known criminal.

1 Like

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 3:11pm On Mar 28, 2021
Sufferingboy:

We deserve more than that.
Yes we deserve better but the past government did nothing but Okowa is putting Delta state where she belong.

Poverty rate unemployment rate has gone down under Okowa and our education rate has gone up under Okowa.

1 Like

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Sufferingboy(f): 3:13pm On Mar 28, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:

Yes we deserve better but the past government did nothing but Okowa is putting Delta state where she belong.
Okay I agree,I nor dey argue again.Okowa nor dey feed me.

1 Like

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 28, 2021
urbobo20:
the state is our state but asaba is not my capital

Who sabi u?
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 28, 2021
RichMediaSpace:

I haven't challenged Warri nor celebrated Asaba over Warri. I'm not in proWarri or ProAsaba

I'm ProDeltan

And my point is all parts of Delta is long overdue for development. With 20 billion one can create massive inner Road linking to all cities, level, Make stable, establish Road network systems and make respectable. Simple as Abc

Me, this is my point and that Delta doesn't reflect it's potential. I stand by this point as well

I've been involved in the internal think tank of Lagos that got it to where it is from where it used to be. I speak with the same mind I used in detailing and planning and sharing developmental blueprints with my colleagues then for the state, that Delta is atleast 100 years behind where it should be.

I fully understand.

Let the development start from capital and spread to other parts of the state.

As far the government focuses on the flashpoint while touching other places then it is a welcome development.

Anybody that is prodeltan must be procapital of same state.

I don't see anything wrong in beautifying the capital city.

1 Like

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 28, 2021
RichMediaSpace:

What's the difference. The finances of the state in the early state of democracy and now isn't the same. It's the same exact thing I tell people when they blame Obasanjo this and that. What was the price of crude and how much was being sold. Compare it with now. That's where the funds come from not that funds for development were withheld. That's wrong. What's being earned now and then are not in the same level atall.

You are a bloody hypocrite and nwanyiogwashi is wrong in calling you out.

The guy asked you simple question and here you are talking about finances of the state.

How does that answer his question? It is obvious your grouse is about the ongoing development in the capital city if not you should have answered the guy directly and clearly.

He simply asked past 16 years of Ibori/uduaghan what did they do for Delta north?

If the finances were available for other parts while is theirs not available.

You really to be open so that you submission won't be viewed with suspicion.
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by RichMediaSpace: 6:52pm On Mar 28, 2021
K
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by RichMediaSpace: 8:20pm On Mar 28, 2021
Abi na lie lie I dey lie Efewestern. Does Delta not have brilliant and genius minds scattered everywhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bokoharam Threatens To Kill Isa Patami / Just In: Killers Of Akunyili, Apprehended By The Police / Abua National Council Aplauds Ijaw Council For Deleting Abua As Ijaw Clan

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.