Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba (4004 Views)

6 Top Sectors Awaiting Tinubu’s ‘Magic Wand’ / "This Is Port Harcourt Not Asokoro"- Wike's Magic Wand In Action: Pics & Video / Ned Nwoko And Team Land In Asaba In 3 Private Jets (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Ctorch: 10:06am On Mar 28, 2021
Governor Ifeanyi Okowa came to power in 2015 with a strong pledge to develop Asaba the capital of Delta state. Not many people took him seriously for one obvious reason. They did not believe him.

Politicians are masters of tricks and empty promises. Whether on the campaign podium or inauguration stand, they say whatever thing catches their fancy, all to deceive the “gullible” masses.
Okowa particularly stirred curiosity, on that fateful day of May 29th as he took the oath of office before the Chief Justice of Delta state, Hon.Justice Marshall Umukoro.
Standing with a huge Bible in his hand, the Owa Alero-born politician announced that he would forward “to the Delta State House of Assembly within one week of inauguration” an executive bill tagged “Delta State Capital Territory Development Agency Bill, 2015”
The bill, according to Governor Okowa, was intended to transform Asaba into a befitting state capital. Since 1991 when the State was created, Asaba had remained nothing short of a glorified village. Hence, Deltans received the promise with cautious optimism.
Successive governments in the state had tried to improve Asaba. The administration of the first civilian leader of the state, Chief Felix Ovuodoroye Ibru, now late, laid foundation for development. His successor, Chief James Onanefe Ibori also made efforts before he handed over to Dr. Emmanuel Ewetan Uduaghan, who built the Asaba Airport and the new government house.

But then Asaba by structure and topography remained a sorry sight almost run over by flood. It lacked good roads, modern architecture and other critical infrastructure necessary for effective government business. It was generally mocked as a glorified state capital with the poorest social amenities within the six states of the Niger Delta, coming only second after Yenegoa in Bayelsa.
Okowa faced the lamentable parlous condition of Asaba under the worst political climate in the annals of the multi-ethnic state. He came to power when oil, the mainstay of Nigeria‘s economy had fallen to an all-time low of 12 dollars a barrel, a hopeless situation exacerbated by huge wage bill of Delta workforce. Who can forget the economic state of Nigeria, particularly Delta in 2015 and how the Governor painstakingly tried to explain himself to Deltans. Many did not believe him, rather, he earned the uncharitable sobriquet of ”Ego Aria” (no money) by all and sundry. He was not deterred. Deploying exceptional ingenuity in managing a complex season of economic recession, the Governor rolled out a comprehensive work plan for Asaba under the template of capital development agenda.

To change the face of the city, he mobilized bulldozers to strategic points clearing and expanding. By the time the machines quietened down, columns and columns of roads running into several kilometers have emerged across Asaba, decorated with giant street lights and gardens. Okowa has replicated this road magic in satellite towns and communities around Delta. A feat that had since earned him a popular nickname “Road Master”.
A multi-billion-naira storm drainage system had also been put in place to solve, for the first time, perennial flooding of Asaba. Even before the project is completed, residents are already heaving a sigh of relief. The horror inflicted on residents by heavy floods each time it rained is now a thing of the past.

The Maryam Babangida road reconstructed by Okowa and commissioned by Sokoto state Governor, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal in March 2020 is particularly salutary given its socio-economic importance with its location in the business district of Asaba. While inaugurating the 1.88 kilometre Mariam Babangida Way in Asaba, Tambuwal described Governor Okowa as “a sound, pragmatic and accommodating leader who has the people’s interest at heart.” He added that the Governors’ Forum and the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) have much regard for the Delta Governor as a man with the grace to handle difficult tasks.

The Direct Labour Agency, DLA road, one of the longest roads in Asaba was recently commissioned by former Senate President and ex-governor of Kwara State, Rt.Hon. Bukola Saraki amid pomp and pageantry, another glorious feather on Okowa’s cap. If you know Asaba very well, you would know the pains residents and business owners went through on this particular road.
Expansion and elongation of Okpanam road remains another achievement residents of that area will not forget. Madonna College road is another road that has helped to open up the state capital as even adjoining streets are feeling the impact of the Road Master.

A Court of Appeal complex has opened in Asaba, courtesy of Governor Okowa. A development that now places the city among the prestigious league of state capitals with such legal monuments. Before now, those seeking Appeal court judgements had to travel to Benin in Edo state. Okowa had not only ended this practice with all the risk factors but also enhanced the dispensation of justice for the good of Deltans.
The Asaba Airport built by the previous administration of Uduaghan came as a laudable initiative. But it faced teething problems resulting in its down grading by aviation authorities. Today, the Okowa leadership has reversed all that as the Airport is now fully functional, fitted with ultra-modern facilities and excellent tarmac to welcome big airplanes including trans – world airliners. Few weeks ago this same administration took a bold step to position the airport for optimum service and continuity through concessioning.

According to Governor Okowa, the consortium would pump N28bn (Twenty Eight Billion Naira) into the development of the Asaba airport as the investors handle the concession for 30 (Thirty) years. The private managers of the airport had already paid the sum of one billion Naira to the Delta state government as revealed by the Commissioner for finance, Chief Fidelis Tilije, while the agreement will see Delta earning 100 million naira annually from the mouth-watering deal.
Within the past five years of governance, what perhaps stands as Okowa’s greatest legacy so far is Delta State Civil Service Secretariat located on Maryam Babangida way. The gigantic building is a multi-billion-naira wondrous architecture. Apart from the Federal Secretariat, Abuja, no other civil service Secretariat is bigger than Delta’s in Nigeria. The elegant structure will accommodate all the Ministries, Departments and Agencies in Asaba. With widespread innovative projects in Asaba, dedicated to the wellbeing of the people of Delta State, Governor Okowa has set a trailblazing direction in the development of the state capital.

It is worthy of note that under the present administration, more investors are coming into the state. More individuals are building private and commercial buildings, opening up the capital city. Plazas and one-stop shops are sprawling here and there. More government-private partnerships are springing up. A typical example is the Spare Parts market on the Asaba/Benin Expressway. When opened, it will bring in more revenue and service to the state as Onitsha was the go-to place.
Under Governor Okowa, it is safe to conclude that Asaba is the fastest-growing state capital in Africa’s most populous nation.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/03/okowas-magic-wand-in-asaba/

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by RichMediaSpace: 10:10am On Mar 28, 2021
Stinks. Since 1999 still on the same pedestal. Perhaps, they hit the ground so hard, they glued stick to the ground.

When would Delta Citizens produce Visionary leaders than this sets for goodness sakes. When?

Wetin sef. E nor dey do It is 2020 and Delta still prides itself with " Road Master Leaders ", where Onanafe I originally started. Why hasn't Delta transformed beyond this juncture. Why?

Na curse. Na wetin sef. Everything Road, road, road. Dem dey wear Road abi take am chop

Wetin sef

What happened to:

1. Improved state-wide health care facilities

2. Modernised treatment centres for special health needs like Radiography, Bone etc

3. Modernised transportation system

4. Waste collection, disposal and recycling system

5. Mechanised State-driven agriculture

6. Marine and Oceanography development

7. Sports centre establishment and tournaments for youths

8. Raising the Academical standards

9. Standardising and modernity informal/formal and semi formal sectors like legal, paralegal, pharmacy, medicine, education

10. Giving schools and teachers grants based on the quality of students produced

11. Improved civil service

12. Improved economic profile of the state

13. State-driven production diversification

14. Vision for internal and out-state rail network system

15. State-backed entrepreneurship cottage industry development

16. State backed infrastructural development

17. Imported welfare for both private and public workers

18. Health insurance for citizenry to guarantee safety

19. Housing reforms and catering for 22nd century housing needs.

What's this na. Everything and everytime Road, road. Are you people okay atall?

Remove all these blind people who can't manage a poultry taking over the helms of affairs of what's beyond their mental prowess

It's annoying to see that with a monthly revenue of atleast 15 billion per month, very little is being done commemorate with the value of funds received.

Damn. I'm angry.

When would Delta s wake up and vote exceptional Visionary leadership for goodness sakes. When?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by MajesticKris: 10:26am On Mar 28, 2021
Who paid you??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by owobokiri(m): 10:27am On Mar 28, 2021
MajesticKris:
Who paid you??
I was about asking the same question..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 10:32am On Mar 28, 2021
[s]
RichMediaSpace:
Stinks. Since 1999 still on the same pedestal. Perhaps, they hit the ground so hard, they glued stick to the ground.

When would Delta Citizens produce Visionary leaders than this sets for goodness sakes. When?

Wetin sef. E nor dey do It is 2020 and Delta still prides itself with " Road Master Leaders ", where Onanafe I originally started. Why hasn't Delta transformed beyond this juncture. Why?

Na curse. Na wetin sef. Everything Road, road, road. Dem dey wear Road abi take am chop

Wetin sef

What happened to:

1. Improved state-wide health care facilities

2. Modernised treatment centres for special health needs like Radiography, Bone etc

3. Modernised transportation system

4. Waste collection, disposal and recycling system

5. Mechanised State-driven agriculture

6. Marine and Oceanography development

7. Sports centre establishment and tournaments for youths

8. Raising the Academical standards

9. Standardising and modernity informal/formal and semi formal sectors like legal, paralegal, pharmacy, medicine, education

10. Giving schools and teachers grants based on the quality of students produced

11. Improved civil service

12. Improved economic profile of the state

13. State-driven production diversification

14. Vision for internal and out-state rail network system

15. State-backed entrepreneurship cottage industry development

16. State backed infrastructural development

17. Imported welfare for both private and public workers

18. Health insurance for citizenry to guarantee safety

19. Housing reforms and catering for 22nd century housing needs.

What's this na. Everything and everytime Road, road. Are you people okay atall?

Remove all these blind people who can't manage a poultry taking over the helms of affairs of what's beyond their mental prowess

It's annoying to see that with a monthly revenue of atleast 15 billion per month, very little is being done commemorate with the value of funds received.

Damn. I'm angry.

When would Delta s wake up and vote exceptional Visionary leadership for goodness sakes. When?
[/s]
If other governors did half of what my able wonder working governor Dr,senator Ifeanyi Okowa(Ekwueme 1 of Delta state) did in Delta state we would've had a mini London in Delta state but I thank God Almighty for giving us Hope in governor Okowa led government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 10:35am On Mar 28, 2021
MajesticKris:
Who paid you??
Nobody paid him, governor Okowa is working and Delta people are happy with him.

1 Like

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by RichMediaSpace: 10:35am On Mar 28, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:
[s][/s]
If other governors did half of what my able wonder working governor Dr,senator Ifeanyi Okowa(Ekwueme 1 of Delta state) did in Delta state we would've had a mini London in Delta state but I thank God Almighty for giving us Hope in governor Okowa led government.

Ofcourse from the same home town. Hence you can't reason intellectually without prejudiced blindness

We've been hearing the nickname small London in the past 20 years in Delta in several communities

I double dare you by your father's father's heritage to declare how Delta has become small London commemorate to its monthly earnings in the past 6 years.

State it here and shame me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 10:40am On Mar 28, 2021
RichMediaSpace:

Ofcourse from the same home town. Hence you can't reason intellectually without prejudiced blindness

We've been hearing the nickname small London in the past 20 years in Delta in several communities

I double dare you by your father's father's heritage to declare how Delta has become small London commemorate to its monthly earnings in the past 6 years.

State it here and shame me.
I am not from the same home town with Able wonder working governor Okowa.
Delta state is not a one city state like we have in Nigeria but multiple cities.
If others had done half of what our working governor is doing in Delta state today it would've been a mini London.

1 Like

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by slivertongue: 10:40am On Mar 28, 2021
I hear okowa is doing well
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 10:44am On Mar 28, 2021
slivertongue:
I hear okowa is doing well
more than well.
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by RichMediaSpace: 10:47am On Mar 28, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:

I am not from the same home town with Able wonder working governor Okowa.
Delta state is not a one city state like we have in Nigeria but multiple cities.
If others had done half of what our working governor is doing in Delta state today it would've been a mini London.

Emotional clap back. I knew you will never be logical

1 Like

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 10:57am On Mar 28, 2021
[[s]quote author=RichMediaSpace post=100277230]

Emotional clap back. I knew you will never be logical[/quote][/s]
My able wonder working governor Dr, senator Ifeanyi Okowa is only 5years as governor of Delta state and he has done so well,so tell us what other governors before him did in Delta state.
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by RichMediaSpace: 10:58am On Mar 28, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:
[[s]quote author=RichMediaSpace post=100277230]

Emotional clap back. I knew you will never be logical[/s]
My able wonder working governor Dr, senator Ifeanyi Okowa is only 5years as governor of Delta state and he has done so well,so tell us what other governors before him did in Delta state.

First reply logically na
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 11:03am On Mar 28, 2021
RichMediaSpace:

First reply logically na
I don't have your time cheesy have a nice day
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Penguin2: 11:10am On Mar 28, 2021
All this grammar and no pictures?

Pictures or we don't believe you, Op. undecided

1 Like

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by RichMediaSpace: 11:10am On Mar 28, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:

I don't have your time cheesy have a nice day

Empty barrels. They never ever have anything tangible to offer.
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by TinubuGoQuench(f): 11:13am On Mar 28, 2021
ANOTHER PAID AGENT LET LOOSE

2 Likes

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 11:38am On Mar 28, 2021
RichMediaSpace:

Empty barrels. They never ever have anything tangible to offer.
Tell your paymaster to wait till 2023 to try again foxlish urhobo man cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by RichMediaSpace: 11:42am On Mar 28, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:
Tell your paymaster to wait till 2023 to try again foxlish urhobo man cheesy grin cheesy

Na so. Deceive yourself. I'm Anioma and we don't play the ethnic card. Ogwashi is Aniocha/Anioma, kin of the governor. So I understand your myopic Ness. To play petty ethnic politics at the expense of the betterment of the lives of Delta

Take a look at projects day in day out, from Rivers to Akwa Ibom, even rising Bayelsa

Then come here and tell me about the fictitious e Don do well claims of yours. When you don't get quality education.

Lagos grew itself from 15 Billion 1GR monthly and created a massive economy of its own. Combining oil revenues and IGR, why haven't anyone since the past 12 years done anything tangible for the people.

Talk. Why aren't there bonds flying everywhere and channeled into state driven massive industrialization and development

3 Likes

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 28, 2021
I heard that Okowa is the best Governor Delta state has ever produced.

2 Likes

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 28, 2021
RichMediaSpace:

Na so. Deceive yourself. I'm Anioma and we don't play the ethnic card. Ogwashi is Aniocha/Anioma, kin of the governor. So I understand your myopic Ness. To play petty ethnic politics at the expense of the betterment of the lives of Delta

Take a look at projects day in day out, from Rivers to Akwa Ibom, even rising Bayelsa

Then come here and tell me about the fictitious

The moment you start comparing yourself to others...that's when your failure started.

Everyone must develop at her own pace.
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by RichMediaSpace: 11:49am On Mar 28, 2021
Juliusmalema:

The moment you start comparing yourself to others...that's when your failure started.

Everyone must develop at her own pace.

Go and sit down

The comparisms was done to project the ineptitude of the state to have Visionary leaders

When you check the monthly IGR and allocation of the states I mentioned, you'll understand better. Go read for Post Utme

3 Likes

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 28, 2021
RichMediaSpace:

Go and sit down

The comparisms was done to project the ineptitude of the state to have Visionary leaders

When you check the monthly IGR and allocation of the states I mentioned, you'll understand better. Go read for Post Utme

I am seeing you and visions.

By the way what is Post Utme?
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 11:57am On Mar 28, 2021
RichMediaSpace:

Then come here and tell me about the fictitious e Don do well claims of yours. When you don't get quality education.

Lagos grew itself from 15 Billion 1GR monthly and created a massive economy of its own. Combining oil revenues and IGR, why haven't anyone since the past 12 years done anything tangible for the people.

You're still talking nonsense mister man ,river state, Awka ibom bayelsa are all one city states unlike Delta state that develop every part of the state.
Our poverty rate is low compare to those States.
Our unemployment rate is also rate compare to them.

We are doing well in education compare to those States.
We have good human capital compare to them.
Insecurity rate is low in Delta state compare to those States.
We are in top 3 educated state compare to them.
We beat them in waec,jamb and neco
We have three state university and three state polytechnic compare to them
Please where are they better than Delta state?

3 Likes

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by RichMediaSpace: 11:59am On Mar 28, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:

You're still talking nonsense mister man ,river state, Awka ibom bayelsa are all one city states unlike Delta state that develop every part of the state.
Our poverty rate is low compare to those States.
Our unemployment rate is also rate compare to them.

We are doing well in education compare to those States.
We have good human capital compare to them.
Insecurity rate is low in Delta state compare to those States.
We are in top 3 educated state compare to them.
We beat them in waec,jamb and neck.
We have three state university and three state polytechnic compare to them
Please where are they better than Delta state?

These is the justification for the kind of leaders Delta has abi. That's why the state is redundant and backward. From Uduaghan to Okowa, Make una carry another charlatan come again after this in the name of tribal zoning. Are other places not moving faster?

What a shame. Delta deserves more

Shame on whoever praises present day Delta

1 Like

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 12:02pm On Mar 28, 2021
RichMediaSpace:

These is the justification for the kind of leaders Delta has abi. That's why the state is redundant and backward. From Uduaghan to Okowa, Make una carry another charlatan come again after this in the name of tribal zoning. Are other places not moving faster?

What a shame. Delta deserves more

Shame on whoever praises present day Delta
You're still talking nonsense.
Tell your paymaster from urhobo to wait till 2023,for now governor Okowa is doing very well.
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by RichMediaSpace: 12:03pm On Mar 28, 2021
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by RichMediaSpace: 12:05pm On Mar 28, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:

You're still talking nonsense.
Tell your paymaster from urhobo to wait till 2023,for now governor Okowa is doing very well.

I'm a little away from Asaba

No need for petty politics

I've been quoting facts all over the place. I dare you to do same

Before you run quoting innocent tribes. Please what parts of Delta voted massively twice back to back for Okowa

What part of the states has the highest state executives leadership positions.

Your education is a waste

Leave pettiness. Let me return to facts

IGR 60 Billion Monthly on the average

Federal Allocation 20 Billion Monthly

Gross 80 Billion Monthly.

Go and do your research. As of when Lagos was at 70 Billion per month IGR, it was doing better than Delta is doing with its present earnings. Isoko, Urhobo, Itskekiri, Anioma

All tribes combined.

A state has to grow some a semi-modern to an ultra modern state. And 80 Billion per month is good enough funds to begin to build with

. The problem isn't lack of money. I stated it earlier. The problem is leaders who are less than mediocre, not even intelligent.

I stand on my guns.

3 Likes

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 12:06pm On Mar 28, 2021
[[s]quote author=RichMediaSpace post=100279072]

Before you run quoting innocent tribes. Please what parts of Delta voted massively twice back to back for Okowa

[/quote][/s]Bye you don't worth my time urhobo man.
Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by maxell(f): 12:07pm On Mar 28, 2021
Can you please show pictures of these changes to Asaba?

1 Like

Re: Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba by RichMediaSpace: 12:08pm On Mar 28, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:
[[s]quote author=RichMediaSpace post=100279072]

[/s]Bye you don't worth my time urhobo man.

Smiles. Can you surprise me?

If you fit quote facts, Make my phone blind

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fashola Inherited N100 Billion Debt From Tinubu. / Peter Obi's Comment On Nigerian Ports Authority Will Shock You / Ajaero Will Be Removed As NLC President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.