Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Question About African Husbands Here In The Us - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Question About African Husbands Here In The Us (1735 Views)

12 Facts About AFRICAN GIRLS / Dear Husbands...here Are 7 Ways To Make Your Wives Feel Like The Luckiest Women / Characters Ladies Of Marriageable Age Exhibit When Desperate For Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by DaRapture: 7:31pm On Apr 17, 2011
Why is it that you always constantly hear about some African guy killing their African wives here in the US, yet not once have I heard of one whom is married to an American doing so? Is it because they regret having married a fellow African when they could of married an American? undecided
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by Tosinville(m): 7:36pm On Apr 17, 2011
Exactly
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by Goldieluks: 7:41pm On Apr 17, 2011
ok.
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by Tosinville(m): 7:44pm On Apr 17, 2011
notjustOK . com
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by Blazay(m): 7:57pm On Apr 17, 2011
Because those African men are bush men and cannot live to see a woman succeed above them.
Majority of them are Igbo men from across the Niger too who live in the dark ages like cave men.
Very violent and insecure. They still think women are personal prop-tys too.
Local things! angry

You can take the monkey ourra the bush, but never the bush monkey ourra the monkey.

Gba be! kiss
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by Tosinville(m): 7:59pm On Apr 17, 2011
^^100% about those igbo men.
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 17, 2011
@darapture I heard about that. One of the victims was a Jamo lady cry
but she was cheating on him tongue
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by MrsChima(f): 8:06pm On Apr 17, 2011
It wasn't you that cheating on him? tongue tongue tongue Hey sis! grin
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by Nobody: 1:46am On Apr 18, 2011
lol shut up Chima. grin grin
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by Tosinville(m): 2:19am On Apr 18, 2011
^^
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by MrsChima(f): 2:23am On Apr 18, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

lol shut up Chima. grin grin
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by sbeezy8: 2:29am On Apr 18, 2011
there was one guy who killed his wife cause she didnt give him her paycheck

sad
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by MrsChima(f): 2:53am On Apr 18, 2011
He killed her because she didn't give the man HER PAYCHECK? shocked shocked shocked undecided
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by solans: 2:58am On Apr 18, 2011
Anyone in favor of leveling the playing field and have them start killing their American wives too

Say aye
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by ShyOne(f): 3:18am On Apr 18, 2011
@ Poster

I don't think that is the case.

I think that We As A Human Race - Put more expectations on "Those We Know"
Most People - Treat those at Home worse than they treat strangers - Because they Expect More from those they know versus those they don't know

I think that African Men expect African Women "To Know Better"
African Men Realize that American Women Need to Be Graded on a Curve - Because Non-Africans Are Unaware of the Culture and Expectations that Go with the African Culture.  African Men realize that most American Women are ignorant to their expectations and if they marry an American Woman they would be dealing with someone who knows not what they expect.  Expectation is aligned with response and response is aligned with action/reaction.

For Instance - I am American and I will excuse my African Lover Much Faster than I would an American Lover.  Because I realize that my African Man knows not American Culture and for a certain length of time I will overlook behaviors he exhibits as he is unaware and vice versa (he will do the same with me for a while) and on some things I will say nothing and let him and his culture be the prevalent one in the household as that is what he is used to (he too will give me rein as well in areas where he is willing to release control - because we both have been in control of our separate domains in 2 different cultures)---this we will do to encourage a smooth transition while we learn one another---prior to our collectively deciding where we will merge cultures and in what areas which culture(s) will prevail over the other.

An American Man - I will let him get away with NOTHING - because he knows better - he has no excuse such as a Man from a different country.

I SINCERELY BELIEVE that is what is going on with the African Man in the U.S. in situations such as these.  It has nothing to do with African men wishing they had married an American woman.  They expect more from those that are from their same culture.  The same as anyone would expect more from a family member than they would from a stranger.

The problem is that African Men seem to get homesick for Africa and African Culture and African Behaviors - these men experience loneliness for what they are used to receiving, depression occurs when that desire isn't being met - because more times than not - African men don't take too well to this culture as it can most definitely undermine the position they are used to controlling/holding.  This can be a major stressor combined with being misunderstood and ridiculed by Americans and in the end - he/she react and become overly sensitive towards each other behind closed doors and it escalates to actions that go to far - those acts we read about via news because they went too far in their discipline, response, action, reaction.  The U.S. can be a shock to the system as the U.S. and Africa are quite dissimilar in soo many different ways.
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by MrsChima(f): 3:34am On Apr 18, 2011
I hear exactly what you are saying Shyone however that still does not excuse murder/abuse from anyone regardless if they are American or African under no circumstances.

I agree that an African in America could be stressful just like an American in African countries can be stressful. We still are responsible for our actions and thoughts.
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by ShyOne(f): 3:38am On Apr 18, 2011
@ Chima:

I excuse nothing. There is no excuse for abuse. I just am seeing it and taking note. I do agree with you.
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by MrsChima(f): 3:41am On Apr 18, 2011
Good! Because I was finna give you the lecture about abuse. I am glad you said you won't excuse abuse! Whew! Girl, you had me worried!

No one should accept abuse of any kind and it is sad that many will die every 60 seconds in the hands of a man or woman who can't keep their hands to themselves.
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by ShyOne(f): 3:47am On Apr 18, 2011
@ Chima:

These men need to EVOLVE.  If you are not getting your way.  Focus on ANOTHER WAY.  I used to get upset when things didn't seem to be going my way.  God pointed out to me - that I am either doing that act or expecting that response to occur at the wrong time or in the wrong way.

African men - if your African woman isn't responding as you want at that moment.  Focus your attention on ANOTHER WAY instead of exploding to violence.  Explode your azz on a walk outside, turn on the silent treatment, start writing a business plan for a new business, if she isn't cooking for you, cook for yourself and/or go out to eat. 

Change is the key word here.  Swallowing pride and reaching for a changed response - because her response towards you "Her watching you not explode" could actually be life altering for her and for you and you could definitely experience a closer bonding depending on how you handle your disappointment with her.

Many, many times an act of love is all she is looking to receive - Romance fuels motivation; motivation is the foundation to finance.  It is very difficult to move to a new environment and expect the same actions that existed in a different environment.  So many times Adults refuse to be the one to give.  If you are the one who gives in to the other - that one act could ignite a flame in the other person that opens a floodgate of tendencies in them to do exactly what you want them to do and they will even do it better than you had anticipated.

One thing a new environment does - and IT DOES IT IMMEDIATELY UPON ENTERING THAT NEW ENVIRONMENT - it encourages you and yours to relax your "rigid walls, ideas, actions" - that is a side effect of all new environments.  New environments kill traditional ways learned from foreign environments.  It does that to Africans coming to America and to Americans going to Africa and any other areas as well.

What is traditional in America many times is un-traditional in Africa and vice versa.  African tradition can be viewed as odd here and vice versa.  You WILL CHANGE; whoever we are; anyone going into a foreign environment will adapt to that culture to a certain extent.  It is to be expected and response should accommodate that change.
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by MrsChima(f): 4:05am On Apr 18, 2011
Shy-One:

@ Chima:

These men need to EVOLVE.  If you are not getting your way.  Focus on ANOTHER WAY.  I used to get upset when things didn't seem to be going my way.  God pointed out to me - that I am either doing that act or expecting that response to occur at the wrong time or in the wrong way.

African men - if your African woman isn't responding as you want at that moment.  Focus your attention on ANOTHER WAY instead of exploding to violence.  Explode your azz on a walk outside, turn on the silent treatment, start writing a business plan for a new business, if she isn't cooking for you, cook for yourself and/or go out to eat. 

Change is the key word here.  Swallowing pride and reaching for a changed response - because her response towards you "Her watching you not explode" could actually be life altering for her and for you and you could definitely experience a closer bonding depending on how you handle your disappointment with her.

Many, many times an act of love is all she is looking to receive - Romance fuels motivation; motivation is the foundation to finance.  It is very difficult to move to a new environment and expect the same actions that existed in a different environment.  So many times Adults refuse to be the one to give.  When if you are the one who gives in to the other - that one act could ignite a flame in the other person that opens a floodgate of tendencies in them to do exactly what you want them to do and they will even do it better than you had anticipated.

Everything you said is ON POINT. Now if we were to compare African men (HOLD ON JAYBEE) MOST of them are taught that the man is the HEAD and the final word and the women are subservant to them. It is their culture however American men are used to women sometimes being the provider and even the protector at some point so the differences in culture is a burden to those who decides to marry or date someone from either cultures.

Now these African men that are killing their wives in America, they are still rooted in their culture so the ENVIRONMENT has nothing to do with what someone will do to his or her spouse because they would have done it in their own hometowns as well.

So the excuses are bogus and it should not be tolerated nor acceptable.
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by ShyOne(f): 4:10am On Apr 18, 2011
@ Chima:

I edited my response so I will repaste the portion that you didn't see prior to replying.

Repaste:
Shy-One:

@ Chima:

One thing a new environment does - and IT DOES IT IMMEDIATELY UPON ENTERING THAT NEW ENVIRONMENT - it encourages you and yours to relax your "rigid walls, ideas, actions" - that is a side effect of all new environments.  New environments kill traditional ways learned from foreign environments.  It does that to Africans coming to America and to Americans going to Africa and any other areas as well.

What is traditional in America many times is un-traditional in Africa and vice versa.  African tradition can be viewed as odd here and vice versa.  You WILL CHANGE; whoever we are; anyone going into a foreign environment will adapt to that culture to a certain extent.  It is to be expected and response should accommodate that change.

The World is Experiencing a MAJOR RECESSION - THE ENTIRE WORLD is changing and be it African, American, Asian, Hispanic, Jamaican. All will get on board or be left behind.

Households need to eat, send their young for education, reach higher, progress. Trust Me.

Change is a coming by one shape or the other. Be it Force or Fashion. Change is Upon US ALL.
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by MrsChima(f): 4:13am On Apr 18, 2011
I agree 100% to that last portion you said. If we are going to a different environment that we are not used to then we need to accept CHANGE and get with the program or otherwise we need to stay our arses at home.

I hear you.
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by ShyOne(f): 4:14am On Apr 18, 2011
They are not only rooted in their culture

But they are stressed the hell out in a foreign land.

That is why I wrote what I wrote above.  Their response should be on a totally different level.  Chima - they are aware of their actions.

I believe that they have met as groups in the U.S. - discussing these reactions they have towards their spouse.  Africans many times organize themselves in groups more so than we AA.

We AA are much more disjointed and don't work together as much.  So they have talked and I would be shocked if they Weren't Already Trying to Troubleshoot this Issue as It Is Highly Reflective on The African Male.
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by ShyOne(f): 4:16am On Apr 18, 2011
Hey - How Are You Feeling Nowadays?

I hope you are relaxing, taking it easy.
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by MrsChima(f): 4:19am On Apr 18, 2011
Shy-One:

They are not only rooted in their culture

But they are stressed the hell out in a foreign land.

That is why I wrote what I wrote above.  Their response should be on a totally different level.  Chima - they are aware of their actions.

I believe that they have met as groups in the U.S. - discussing these reactions they have towards their spouse.  Africans many times organize themselves in groups more so than we AA.

We AA are much more disjointed and don't work together as much.  So they have talked and I would be shocked if they Weren't Already Trying to Troubleshoot this Issue as It Is Highly Reflective on The African Male.

African men may be stressed out in foreign countries but again if they are going to step into a new environment they need to accept CHANGE that comes with it.

I am doing good and you?
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by ShyOne(f): 4:20am On Apr 18, 2011
I agree with you There.

I am good - been on NL for a few hours today. I'll catch you another time. Have a great evening Chima.
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by MrsChima(f): 4:20am On Apr 18, 2011
Shy-One:

I agree with you There.

I am good - been on NL for a few hours today. I'll catch you another time. Have a great evening Chima.

You take it easy. Adios.
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by Nekai(f): 5:07am On Apr 18, 2011
Murder couldn't have been the first sign of abuse in the relationship. Both an american and african-american woman are more likely to walk away and/or put the african man in jail before it gets to murder. An african woman, who may be virtually alone with her support system all the way back home, is more likely to want to stay with her abusive husband longer.
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by Ranoscky(m): 7:15am On Apr 18, 2011
Na dem sabi jare!
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 18, 2011
Shy said: The problem is that African Men seem to get homesick for Africa and African Culture and African Behaviors - these men experience loneliness for what they are used to receiving, depression occurs when that desire isn't being met - because more times than not - African men don't take too well to this culture as it can most definitely undermine the position they are used to controlling/holding. This can be a major stressor combined with being misunderstood and ridiculed by Americans and in the end - he/she react and become overly sensitive towards each other behind closed doors and it escalates to actions that go to far - those acts we read about via news because they went too far in their discipline, response, action, reaction. The U.S. can be a shock to the system as the U.S. and Africa are quite dissimilar in soo many different ways.

so why not make it easy on themselves and stick with their own women or learn to adjust? it's common sense.
So because I am not from his ethnicity and may be strong minded that should be enough for him to want to kill/beat me?
mschew.
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by redsun(m): 1:48pm On Apr 18, 2011
It is a clash of culture.Some african women find some unimaginable freedom in the west which they cynically abuse while  on the other hand some african brothers fail to accept the fact that women can live in a world where they can change their mind,make their own decisions and live the way they want to live,even if at the end of the day,they may regret it,but it is their choice.

Any man that for the sake of a biitch destroys his own life is part of the weak species that falls on the way side,destined for extinction
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by redsun(m): 2:09pm On Apr 18, 2011
Domestic violence is not just the exclusive trait of ''westernized'' africans,it is quite rampant among the so called westerners themselves.There are loads of pressure in the west that can easily drive a weak mind wacko.

http://hilath..com/2009/04/two-women-die-week-from-domestic.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Women Love Bad Guys? / Please Help Me, I Need A Girlfriend / Help! I Caught My Fiance With Another Man!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.