Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Question About African Husbands Here In The Us - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Question About African Husbands Here In The Us (1736 Views)

12 Facts About AFRICAN GIRLS / Dear Husbands...here Are 7 Ways To Make Your Wives Feel Like The Luckiest Women / Characters Ladies Of Marriageable Age Exhibit When Desperate For Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by ShyOne(f): 2:39pm On Apr 18, 2011
redsun:

Domestic violence is not just the exclusive trait of ''westernized'' africans,it is quite rampant among the so called westerners themselves.There are loads of pressure in the west that can easily drive a weak mind wacko.

http://hilath..com/2009/04/two-women-die-week-from-domestic.html

I agree with you completely.
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by ShyOne(f): 2:43pm On Apr 18, 2011
redsun:

It is a clash of culture.[b]Some african women find some unimaginable freedom in the west which they cynically abuse [/b]while  on the other hand some african brothers fail to accept the fact that women can live in a world where they can change their mind,make their own decisions and live the way they want to live,even if at the end of the day,they may regret it,but it is their choice.

Any man that for the sake of a biitch destroys his own life is part of the weak species that falls on the way side,destined for extinction

Their response is similar to that of a teenager leaving home for the first time and is away at College - this is to be expected.  It is exciting, new, different, unimaginable.  It is a whole new and different world, lifestyle - immense possibilities.

MzDarkSkin:

so why not make it easy on themselves and stick with their own women or learn to adjust? it's common sense.
So because I am not from his ethnicity and may be strong minded that should be enough for him to want to kill/beat me?
mschew.

I agree with you there - It is common sense - Crossing the Street is common sense but many times the chicken can't get to the other side.  Also all men don't respond that way but some do especially if they see violence and strong-arm behaviors as normal.
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 18, 2011
Redsun, That link was unnecessary as no one is saying it's only Nigerians this is not about abuse
from western men, it's about the Nigerian men who expect to live the same lifestyle in a different
setting and reacting in horrible ways when there demands are not met. Lose the defensiveness.

Any man that for the sake of a biitch destroys his own life is part of the weak species
that falls on the way side,destined for extinction

interesting choice of words.
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by MrCork17: 3:32pm On Apr 18, 2011
OK. so did Mr Chima finaly tell Mrs Chima to pack her load back to Ghana? grin grin

******Singing Cool & the gang: Ce-le- bra- tion time commmmmmon!! grin****
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by 190: 3:38pm On Apr 18, 2011
Ranoscky:

Na dem sabi jare!

grin grin grin grin

I like this dude
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by Nobody: 7:47am On Apr 20, 2011
two NEW fo0ls.

anyway @ topic.

the comments on this link esp the Ayookun person's grin
are quite hilarious altho. the situation is not.

this is one perspective. I am trying to open my mind to new ideas. . .excuses. tongue

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/farooq-a-kperogi/why-nigerian-men-kill-their-wives-in-america.html
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by Katy86(f): 8:00am On Apr 20, 2011
Its not only the Nigerian men.

I hear a lot about African women beating their white husband to hospital.

Once in my hometown an African woman who was married to a white man put benzin on him and make fire on him. They had a restaurant together and the man take to much care of some women who was guests their undecided

Violence in a relationship is a very bad thing.
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 20, 2011
interesting thing Katy. From that same article I saw this:

"This is particularly so for people from patriarchal societies who find themselves in the West. Some of our women come here and find that they have all these lavish freedoms that they thought existed only in the realm of fantasy. For instance, they are for all practical purposes the heads of families. They, not their husbands, choose the names of children. They have sex with their husbands only at their pleasure; otherwise, the husband will be guilty of “spousal violation.” And they can send their husbands to prison with a mere call to the police. For women coming from cultures where the moral excellence of women is defined by how much they “submit” to their husbands, these liberties can be staggeringly inebriating in their generosity.

I’ve heard of Nigerian women who physically assault their husbands at home and then proceed to call 911 (the emergency telephone number in America) when their husbands attempt to retaliate. My friend’s wife recently shared with us the story of her friend, a petite 5-foot-tall woman, who slaps her 6-foot plus husband each time they quarrel and then threatens to call 911 each time the man charges at her in rage. And she boasts about her “exploits” when she chit-chats with her friends! That’s a keg waiting to explode right there.

Some Nigerian women go out of their way to force their husbands to divorce them (e.g. through in-your-face marital infidelity) because they know the courts will hand them over more than half of their husband’s property and give them custody of their children. One Nigerian man murdered his ex-wife when he discovered that she was building a mansion in Port Harcourt with the child and spousal support he was paying her."

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/farooq-a-kperogi/why-nigerian-men-kill-their-wives-in-america.html

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin
OMG @ the blue line. Please guys, please forgive me but lol!!!!
and the writer seems upset that the women have the right to have s3x with their men at their pleasure.
That had me crying with laughter!

Sorry but I dont necessarily have sympathy for the men tho. I mean look at how
the women are talked about on this site! If I were being put down, heck yeah I would take advantage of my 'powers/rights'.

Anyway, that purple line was messed up tho, why kill her for that? seriously.
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by Katy86(f): 8:15am On Apr 20, 2011
A lot of rights for the women here cool
But I hope that this will change a little bit. We women have to much rights. Most is men who pays their whole life for the ex wife and never seee their children again.

That women are beating their husbands happen so often nowadays but people still laugh at these men
This men need help to.
The police always protect the women even when she was the person who start to fight with her husband undecided
Re: Question About African Husbands Here In The Us by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 20, 2011
gaddemit Katy  grin

yes you are right. I am just saying at some point women will get tired,
and they will react bottom line.  undecided It;s not right to do certain things but the reality is
when a person is fed up they will react. Some men, Nigerian or not, have no problem denying women
rights to do certain things because they are chauvinist and some really don't know better. I agree with you
though that on both sides, there are 'chill pills' to be taken. Killing is killing tho, and it's too extreme. It is crossing the line.

i WILL try not to judge though. Seriously.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Your Girlfriend Or Boyfriend Breaks His Or Her Leg: / Please Help Me, I Need A Girlfriend / 5 Tips For Good Manners On A Dinner Date. (do You Pass The Test?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.