Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North (10571 Views)

Armed Bandits Inspect An Abandoned Military Hardware (video/pictures) / Gumi: There Are 100,000 Armed Bandits In North-West, Government Should Negotiate / Benue/Nasarawa Operation Whirl Stroke: Soldiers Neutralise Armed Bandits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by ogododo: 12:46pm On Apr 02, 2021
Governor Bello Mohammed Matawalle of Zamafara State has said there are about 30,000 bandits in Zamfara and five other northern states. According to the...

Governor Bello Mohammed Matawalle of Zamafara State has said there are about 30,000 bandits in Zamfara and five other northern states.

According to the governor, there are over 100 bandits camps across the states, with each having no fewer than 300 members.

The Governor spoke through the newly appointed State Commissioner for information, Alhaji Ibrahim Magaji Dosara, at a news briefing in Kaduna on Friday.

He listed the states as follows Zamfara, Sokoto, Kebbi, Katsina, Kaduna and Niger.

He said the Federal Government does not have adequate troops to fight the bandits across the region.

He said there are less than 6000 troops operating across North-West states.

https://dailytrust.com/matawalle-there-are-30000-armed-bandits-across-the-north

2 Likes

Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by JAOS(m): 1:00pm On Apr 02, 2021
why won't they be much when every single person who is a herder is armed

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 02, 2021
This is more like massaging the ego of bandits from the chief security officer

So if you are not their chairman how come you have their census

Gumi said we now have Ansaru Islamic Terrorists to the mix

It would never be well with all Northern Muslims

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by Amaechi2023(m): 1:05pm On Apr 02, 2021
this man once claimed that he would expose the sponsors of bandits soon.
it's over months now and it seems he's waiting for the sponsors to kill more people before they are finally exposed or probably he made the comment to shift eyes away from him as the main sponsor..

14 Likes

Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 02, 2021
Amaechi2023:
this man once claimed that he would expose the sponsors of bandits soon.
it's over months now and it seems he's waiting for the sponsors to kill more people before they are finally exposed or probably he made the comment to shift eyes away from him as the main sponsor..
He be like you miss road o,

Metallawe expose what?

He has been advocating for soft hands with bandits Terrorists

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by Penguin2: 1:14pm On Apr 02, 2021
I am not a Tinubu fan but his suggestion of recruitment of 50,000 youths into the military was spot on. Even as I don't understand why some people criticized it.

If you asked me, I'd suggest the number be increased to 100,000.

Recruit any youth who is young and fit irrespective of qualification because those terrorists don't ask for 5 credits in WAEC before they recruit their fighters yet the so called "illiterates" keep giving our military bloodied nose at battlefield.

Deploy about 5,000 men into each of those flashpoint areas with moderate equipment and let me see how those bastards won't be overpowered.

When the war is won, absolve some into the civil service, draft others into reserve and let those who wish to continue a career in the military to continue.

This thing is not rocket science.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 02, 2021
Penguin2:
I am not a Tinubu fan but his suggestion of recruitment of 50,000 youths into the military was spot on. Even as I don't understand why some people criticized it.

Recruit any youth who is young and fit irrespective of qualification because those terrorists don't ask for 5 credits in WAEC before they recruit their fighters yet the so called "illiterates" keep giving our military bloodied nose at battlefield.

Deploy about 5,000 men into each of those flashpoint areas with moderate equipment and let me see how those bastards won't be overpowered.

When the war is won, absolve some into the civil service, draft others into reserve and let those who wish to continue a career in the military to continue.

The thing is deploying 50,000 for security is just a smoke screen to slaughter southern youths who would particularly be making the bulk of that list and sent to the north (just like nysc) to go get killed by Bandits/Terrorists and Northerners who want to pass a statement

They would tell you they want integration, they would post their brothers here to subjugate you per street while they can kill your youths in their cities.

Northerners are more than able to end bandits/Boko Haram in the north if they want just like they can end Fulani herdsmen menance down south if they are for peace

36 Likes

Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by yanabasee1(m): 1:17pm On Apr 02, 2021
The Zamfara governor should tell us the exact statistics... He's in a better position to tell us everything about bandits under his nose because he has been negotiating and having merry moments with them....

Bandits is a business in the North, as Herding is a business so is banditry.... Reason why we have bandits carrying weapons around....

4 Likes

Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 02, 2021
Penguin2:

You can't recruit any youth who is young and fit... they have life ambitions aswell..

Moreover if Govt recruits such massive workforce, the overheads would be terrible for the Govt to handle..

8 Likes

Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by heendrix(m): 1:19pm On Apr 02, 2021
Penguin2:

With this you've said, you'd successfully end bandits only to increase diverse sect of crime n insecurity in the country by 80%

1 Like

Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by ZKOSOSO(m): 1:21pm On Apr 02, 2021
Those Demons are more than 900,000 roaming across the country...!
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by Penguin2: 1:39pm On Apr 02, 2021
Mikehot:
The thing is deploying 50,000 for security is just a smoke screen to slaughter southern youths who would particularly be making the bulk of that list and sent to the north (just like nysc) to go get killed by Bandits/Terrorists and Northerners who want to pass a statement

They would tell you they want integration, they would post their brothers here to subjugate you per street while they can kill your youths in their cities.

Northerners are more than able to end bandits/Boko Haram in the north if they want just like they can end Fulani herdsmen menance down south if they are for peace

There's no way a troop of terrorists numbering about 300 will slaughter a troop of soldiers numbering over 1,000.

Our soldiers get slaughtered because they are usually outnumbered and outfired.

3 Likes

Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by Penguin2: 1:41pm On Apr 02, 2021
heendrix:

With this you've said, you'd successfully end bandits only to increase diverse sect of crime n insecurity in the country by 80%

In South Korea, every young male who is up to 18 serves in the military for a year.

How criminal sects are in South Korea again?

2 Likes

Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by Penguin2: 1:43pm On Apr 02, 2021
Esseite:

You can't recruit any youth who is young and fit... they have life ambitions aswell..

Moreover if Govt recruits such massive workforce, the overheads would be terrible for the Govt to handle..

What overhead cost would be more than the lives we keep losing everyday and the hundreds of millions that these terrorists get paid for every kidnap?

And about recruitment, no one is making it mandatory. Only those who are willing.

1 Like

Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 02, 2021
Penguin2:

There's no way a troop of terrorists numbering about 300 will slaughter a troop of soldiers numbering over 1,000.

Our soldiers get slaughtered because they are usually outnumbered and outfired.
wake up

Sheik Gumi said Christian soldiers are the ones killing bandits

The series of lame ambushes are insider jobs who believe attack on terrorism is attack on north

Whether you are 50 million or 100 million leave their jihad for them or they would keep sending you on sucide missions to die in air attacks, road attacks

It is a jihad, and the north is cashing in while it lasts, Nigeria only exist on paper

Know this and know peace

6 Likes

Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 02, 2021
Penguin2:

In South Korea, every young male who is up to 18 serves in the military for a year.

How criminal sects are in South Korea again?
These are nations that work

These are nations that are not complicit with terror

These are nations that are serious about ending menance in their society

Nigeria is not them

3 Likes

Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by ogododo: 2:02pm On Apr 02, 2021
Lalasticlala dem sabi dere number, but no fit arrest dem.
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by Racoon(m): 2:12pm On Apr 02, 2021
As per the spokesman of bandits/terrorists nah.Carry on!
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by Nbotee(m): 2:15pm On Apr 02, 2021
All the northern Governors and their cronies in the Presidency know exactly who these guys are and where dey are...
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by SensualMan1(m): 2:37pm On Apr 02, 2021
Kindly deploy some to Yoruba land. Federal character needs to come in. The 5%ers of Umuchukwu Goziri Agozi are not part of Nigeria. Bandits can't just be dominating the North alone. Distribute some to the slave's arena.

A slave must always know his place.
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by BruncleZuma: 2:37pm On Apr 02, 2021
And you have been funding them with gold and ransom money.

[img]https://media1./images/0eb47ed9445f9f4a95a707473c600f6c/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by tutudesz: 2:37pm On Apr 02, 2021
Una own don finish be dat O!! Since Northerner leaders see nothing wrong in what they were doing before to others

Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by Ahamefuna0001(m): 2:38pm On Apr 02, 2021
So you did a census on them to arrive at this figure? Wonders they say will never end
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by YoungLionken(m): 2:38pm On Apr 02, 2021
They're actually more than that..

If you have any means to leave this country, please do so before it becomes too late...

1 Like

Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by houseontherock: 2:38pm On Apr 02, 2021
Should be more than that because most of you around that side are either active bandits I passive bandits

1 Like

Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by wwwihy: 2:39pm On Apr 02, 2021
This PDP Governor and Sheik Gumi may know something we don't know about bandits and banditry
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by datola: 2:39pm On Apr 02, 2021
How did the governor arrive at the number

2 Likes

Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by Seniorwriter(m): 2:39pm On Apr 02, 2021
How did he arrive @this figure similitude to the purported minimum wage!?

Very Clueless people in Leadership!
Anyways in another news do you know you can make #30k weekly if you have a skill set or Passion(Online/Offline or both) ....Learn how to create 60 clients that you can readily charge as Lil as #500(Five hundred Naira) for services rendered or profits for products delivered!
AT LEAST HOW I CAME TO THE #30K EARNING FIGURE IS CRYSTAL CLEAR! LOLZ
SMH @Clueless Nigerian Leader(Looters)!!!

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!
@Seniorwriter
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by Asour: 2:40pm On Apr 02, 2021
JAOS:
why won't they be much when every single person who is a herder is armed

It is certainly NOT true that EVERY northern herder is armed.

There are armed herders BUT not all of them are.

Unless sticks constitute arms to us.
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by ALISMILE(m): 2:40pm On Apr 02, 2021
This is one hell of a serious problem now
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by SEGLIZ: 2:41pm On Apr 02, 2021
if truly you know this figure is real why not deal with it than give us the numbers.
they were captured as boko haram but you guys chose to treat them with kid gloves releasing them as repentant.
here you are deal with it accordingly they are repentant bandit.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why It Is Time For Lagos To Produce The Next President - Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah / INEC Released The BVAS Reports Of Bayelsa, Kogi, And Imo To Osita Chidoka / Liberia Honours Mahmood Yakubu For ‘sustaining Country’s Democratic Journey’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.