Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,834 members, 7,841,181 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North (10595 Views)

Armed Bandits Inspect An Abandoned Military Hardware (video/pictures) / Gumi: There Are 100,000 Armed Bandits In North-West, Government Should Negotiate / Benue/Nasarawa Operation Whirl Stroke: Soldiers Neutralise Armed Bandits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by JoeEeL(m): 3:42pm On Apr 02, 2021
If they like, they should be 30 billion bandits. Na una sabi.
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by ORIAYO70(m): 3:43pm On Apr 02, 2021
Penguin2:
I am not a Tinubu fan but his suggestion of recruitment of 50,000 youths into the military was spot on. Even as I don't understand why some people criticized it.

If you asked me, I'd suggest the number be increased to 100,000.

Recruit any youth who is young and fit irrespective of qualification because those terrorists don't ask for 5 credits in WAEC before they recruit their fighters yet the so called "illiterates" keep giving our military bloodied nose at battlefield.

Deploy about 5,000 men into each of those flashpoint areas with moderate equipment and let me see how those bastards won't be overpowered.

When the war is won, absolve some into the civil service, draft others into reserve and let those who wish to continue a career in the military to continue.

This thing is not rocket science.

The Northerners didn't complain, cos they knew it was all business for them so dey look unperturbed...

If they r ready to fight insurgency they know what to do...
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by mnwogu(m): 3:44pm On Apr 02, 2021
Islamic terrorism everywhere. Yet they claim Islam ☪️ is a religion of peace. Why always Islam? Why must this same religion be associated with terrorism always? They need to hv their own sovereign state and contend with this. It is their religion afterall.

1 Like

Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by peaceland(m): 3:50pm On Apr 02, 2021
Penguin2:
I am not a Tinubu fan but his suggestion of recruitment of 50,000 youths into the military was spot on. Even as I don't understand why some people criticized it.

Recruit any youth who is young and fit irrespective of qualification because those terrorists don't ask for 5 credits in WAEC before they recruit their fighters yet the so called "illiterates" keep giving our military bloodied nose at battlefield.

Deploy about 5,000 men into each of those flashpoint areas with moderate equipment and let me see how those bastards won't be overpowered.

When the war is won, absolve some into the civil service, draft others into reserve and let those who wish to continue a career in the military to continue.

If we have to match the number of bandits before we can secure the territories, then we are not fighting intelligently.
We do not need to have an army equal in size to the insurgents to win, just commitment and better strategy.
Thank you.
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by Hundredfold4lif(m): 4:30pm On Apr 02, 2021
datola:
How did the governor arrive at the number

BECAUSE THEY ARE IN GOVERNORS' PAYROLL!
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by Sibrah: 4:44pm On Apr 02, 2021
Penguin2:

Do the ones there have weapons to fight? So they. should recruit more people to go and die or what?
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by Ayomivic(m): 5:01pm On Apr 02, 2021
Penguin2:

That is not the solution. insecurities in this country have to be tackle from the root. who are the people sponsoring them,? who did they get the weapons supplied? etc need to be tackle first. if government' doesn't tackle that no matter how much troops the country have would not be able bro defeat them.
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by omonnakoda: 5:13pm On Apr 02, 2021
Penguin2:

On Paper it sounds good but how much will it cost and where will the money come from.?

Given the corrupt nature of our country what guarantee is there that the 50000 will not join the ranks of the kidnappers?

Are soldiers paid enough? NO
Many of them are already involved in all manner of criminality including kidnapping

The solution can never be a purely military one .

We need jobs for our youth and the North needs to change its stance on Sharia .
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by Udstar(m): 5:14pm On Apr 02, 2021
Penguin2:

We don't need personnel again we need intelligence and technology. Nigerian military is bereft of intelligence and technology and they'll continue to fail until they embrace technology. Who still amble around searching for the enemy when one can leverage on eye in the sky (drone and satellite)?
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by chloride6: 5:44pm On Apr 02, 2021
30TG gang
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by poseidon12: 5:51pm On Apr 02, 2021
Penguin2:

What we need is State Police.
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by OLORIPAPA: 6:07pm On Apr 02, 2021
When other regions are working hard to put Nigeria in the global space with academic,sports and Business within and outside Nigeria this is what a particular region is.bringing to the table...to them they are getting back at the South...school you won't go, business U can't survive except for government support,oil you no get....no wonder you are trying to fight and die to keep everybody as one country cause that is the only way U can remain relevant....

1 Like

Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by Penguin2: 6:27pm On Apr 02, 2021
tradepunter:

With all due respect this is a rubbish assertion...
Intelligence makes up bulk of any sought of security operations...

If you wanna find a needle in a haystack you cut the hay into segment and run the magnet each segment. That way you get the needle easily.

If Nigeria is serious there is a military grade satellite operated by the south Africa.... It covers the entire Africa continent cuz it's a medium earth orbit type.
We can rent a slot on it's transponders for our military operations.

What one can do is get an advanced IMSI catcher from Turkey ( mentioned turkey because are willing to deal with anyone and have no terms unlike USA, China and Russia)...

Satellite sucks up large thermal, electronic, imagery signals... Transmit to base, base relays to survilliance drones... Then acts as a gateway for IMSI catcher to pinpoint area with active radio signals..

The terrorist have same mindset as a soldier.. their long term engagement only refines their capacity and capabilities.

You can't be using your barehand to pick out the hay in order to find the needle.
That's what the intelligence divisions in the military and DIA are doing.

Human intelligence have failed for now in this war.. signals intelligence must be utilized to it's fullest capacity, not just for monitoring operations that are politically motivated.

Having large standing army is inefficient... An hellfire missile from a drone is designed to take out a company advancing in a closed formation.

I give it to you.

And I sincerely respect your knowledge of the modern technologies that can be deployed by the military in the fight against insurgency.

Several replies to my post pointed out the need for the military to deploy technology in its intelligence gathering and location of the enemy threats.

In the end it just further proves what we all know already, and that is govt's insincerity in the fight against these ills.
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by Jackmj(m): 6:31pm On Apr 02, 2021
Penguin2:

See you recruit yourself and your family members, who you want make him go die protecting illiterate northerners
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by kechywillz(m): 6:36pm On Apr 02, 2021
Mikehot:
This is more like massaging the ego of bandits from the chief security officer

So if you are not their chairman how come you have their census

Gumi said we now have Ansaru Islamic Terrorists to the mix

It would never be well with all Northern Muslims
Amen
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by lexy2014: 6:48pm On Apr 02, 2021
Penguin2:

Is it a lack of personnel that is d problem of d nigerian govt and it's military or is it a problem of gross incompetence & negligence?
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by lexy2014: 6:53pm On Apr 02, 2021
Udstar:

We don't need personnel again we need intelligence and technology. Nigerian military is bereft of intelligence and technology and they'll continue to fail until they embrace technology. Who still amble around searching for the enemy when one can leverage on eye in the sky (drone and satellite)?

Putting tools in d hand of a lazy man won't make him hardworking. Putting books in d hands of a dullard won't make him intelligent. Putting money in d hands of a poor man won't make him rich. D same way putting "intelligence and technology" in d hands of d nigerian military won't make them efficient. D nigerian military has abundance of "Intelligence & technology". D question is how do act on what they have& use what they have?
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by TruthinAction: 6:53pm On Apr 02, 2021
Penguin2:

The present 'Buhari' led administration is not sincere in his fight against insecurity. What is topmost in their agenda is how to overrun the Christian communities and convert this nation to an Islamic Republic.

If he is sincere, how many herdsmen killing innocent Nigerians have ever been arrested and prosecuted? Rather, the soldiers are part of the evil agenda.

If he is sincere, let him appoint a southerner as the Chief of Army Staff.

2 Likes

Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by bizzibodi(m): 7:05pm On Apr 02, 2021
Na today? Even BH outnumbered the NA.
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by Litmus: 7:40pm On Apr 02, 2021
If you’re a relatively wealthy nation in a beggarly neighbourhood, and you’ve no border control, you can bet figures quoted 30,000 or 900,000 are possibly conservative. At the heart of Nigeria’s difficulty in resolving many of these insecurity issues lies in that Nigerians refuse or are being misdirected from seeing that much of it is foreign.Nigerians always seem to punch one another in response to punches thrown from outside. In short, Nigeria is not so much shithole but is in a shithole continent. When I first joined Niaraland, swarms of unemployed youth joining terrorists groups, bandit groups and or narcotics groups etc, sweeping like locust, ravaging and destroying the little that is hope in Africa, such as Nigeria, may become reality. I hope nations like Kenya, Rwanda, Botswana, Namibia, and South Africa recognises this and invests heavily on border control and immigration, they still have time. Also none of them should trust any foreign nation except China. By all means, work with these foreign nations but, as an African nation, always remind yourself that they are out to get you one way or another. Trust China but only in the form of my enemy’s enemy
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by calcal: 8:13pm On Apr 02, 2021
Mikehot:
This is more like massaging the ego of bandits from the chief security officer

So if you are not their chairman how come you have their census

Gumi said we now have Ansaru Islamic Terrorists to the mix

It would never be well with all Northern Muslims

I don't doubt it that 6000 armies operating across the north feeding on cassava and maize.
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by Udstar(m): 8:27pm On Apr 02, 2021
lexy2014:

Putting tools in d hand of a lazy man won't make him hardworking. Putting books in d hands of a dullard won't make him intelligent. Putting money in d hands of a poor man won't make him rich. D same way putting "intelligence and technology" in d hands of d nigerian military won't make them efficient. D nigerian military has abundance of "Intelligence & technology". D question is how do act on what they have& use what they have?

They don't have intelligence and technology not to talk of abundance. Nigerians are so intelligent that training them to use technology to fight terrorism will be a cakewalk. To be sincere with you, BH have intelligence more than Nigerian Army. They're always a step ahead of Nigerian.

Check out this...

tradepunter:

If you wanna find a needle in a haystack you cut the hay into segment and run the magnet each segment. That way you get the needle easily.

If Nigeria is serious there is a military grade satellite operated by the south Africa.... It covers the entire Africa continent cuz it's a medium earth orbit type.

What one can do is get an advanced IMSI catcher from Turkey ( mentioned turkey because are willing to deal with anyone and have no terms unlike USA, China and Russia)...

Satellite sucks up large thermal, electronic, imagery signals... Transmit to base, base relays to survilliance drones... Then acts as a gateway for IMSI catcher to pinpoint area with active radio signals..

The terrorist have same mindset as a soldier.. their long term engagement only refines their capacity and capabilities.

You can't be using your barehand to pick out the hay in order to find the needle.

Human intelligence have failed for now in this war.. signals intelligence must be utilized to it's fullest capacity, not just for monitoring operations that are politically motivated.

Having large standing army is inefficient... An hellfire missile from a drone is designed to take out a company advancing in a closed formation.
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by lexy2014: 8:37pm On Apr 02, 2021
Udstar:

They don't have intelligence and technology not to talk of abundance. Nigerians are so intelligent that training them to use technology to fight terrorism will be a cakewalk. To be sincere with you, BH have intelligence more than Nigerian Army. They're always a step ahead of Nigerian.

Check out this...

Oga, Sheik Gumi knows d hideout of bandits. Are u telling me that d military, d DSS and d police have no idea where d bandits are?
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by lexy2014: 8:39pm On Apr 02, 2021
Udstar:

Check out this...

Pls what is "technology" and "Intelligence" as used by u?
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by Udstar(m): 8:46pm On Apr 02, 2021
lexy2014:

Pls what is "technology" and "Intelligence" as used by u?

This is the description

tradepunter:

Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by lexy2014: 8:51pm On Apr 02, 2021
Udstar:

This is the description

I didn't ask u to describe or copy and paste somebody's work. Give me a definition of d terms "technology" and "Intelligence" let's see if u are conversant with d words
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by Udstar(m): 9:08pm On Apr 02, 2021
lexy2014:

I didn't ask u to describe or copy and paste somebody's work. Give me a definition of d terms "technology" and "Intelligence" let's see if u are conversant with d words

I thought you wanted to get an idea about something but I guess you are out to spite me. The person I quote got the idea, I don't really know what you want. If you want a conversation, I'm not in for it here, I can do that on whatsapp.
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by joefelin2345: 9:09pm On Apr 02, 2021
JAOS:
why won't they be much when every single person who is a herder is armed
And any fight against BH is fight against the North.
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by lexy2014: 9:20pm On Apr 02, 2021
Udstar:

I thought you wanted to get an idea about something but I guess you are out to spite me. The person I quote got the idea, I don't really know what you want. If you want a conversation, I'm not in for it here, I can do that on whatsapp.

Give me a definition of d terms "technology" and "Intelligence". Was it on WhatsApp u used d terms?
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by Udstar(m): 9:27pm On Apr 02, 2021
lexy2014:

Give me a definition of d terms "technology" and "Intelligence". Was it on WhatsApp u used d terms?

Thanks for your time.
Re: Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North by lexy2014: 9:38pm On Apr 02, 2021
Udstar:

Thanks for your time.

Are u saying that u can't define "Intelligence" and "technology" as used by u?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. / Dismissed Labour Party Chairman Invade Secretariat With Thugs, Causes Havoc / Buhari Can Fund Election Without National Assembly Approval - PACAC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.