Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Kano Is On Fire - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Is On Fire (13071 Views)

Reason Why Kano Is Continually Bombed - Cramjones / REVEALED: Emir Of Kano Is Allegedly Suicidal And Battling Clinical Depression / Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Is On Fire by Kobojunkie: 1:59pm On Apr 18, 2011
Tee_Jay:

Deal making is part and parcel of modern day politics,  ACn/CPC tried to form an alliance on the eve of the election for your info. And where did I say Buiahri is to be blamed? I said his continued silence can only mean he is more concerned about his ambition to be president and not make a clear and categorical stand against the violence and killing which is obviously taking place by people who directly or indirectly are his sympathisers

Actually, your pretending his silence means SO MUCH MORE than it really should, is what I see as your attempt to shove blame on him, Mr man!

Deal making or not, Buhari was unable to make deals with most of the northern leaders . . .  so instead of trying to give him power where he doesn't,  we should be realistic here. The Northerners are under their leaders --- many of whom rejected Buhari. That the north is now on fire, is not to be blamed on Buhari in anyway. We are speaking of a Man that could not even win many of the states in his own region, let alone surrounding regions. OK.

Why are you all too willing to read so much into his silence  . . . . as if Buhari is known for being vocal before today? I remember someone pretending to blame Jos Crisis and even Sharia in the North on Buhari. The one numbskulls said something along the lines of "Ever notice how Jos crisis starts over only when Buhari is in Jos", and then someone tried to blame the existence of Sharia and it's implementation in the North on the man. Now you are trying to pretend his silence on this means he is for the violence and killings in the north, when the man is not even a major leader in the north, only a presidential aspirant?
Re: Kano Is On Fire by monkeyleg: 2:00pm On Apr 18, 2011
@GenBuhari,

How can you call for more protest when u see what is going on. Buhari did not win, even if you allege rigging, the general pictrure say the election was far better than hoped.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by TeeJay6(m): 2:03pm On Apr 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Actually, your pretending his silence means SO MUCH MORE than it really should is you attempting to shove blame on him, Mr man!

Deal making or not, Buhari was unable to make deals with most of the northern leaders . . . so instead of trying to give him power where he doesn't, we should be realistic here. The Northerners are under their leaders --- many of whom rejected Buhari. That the north is now on fire, is not to be blamed on Buhari in anyway. We are speaking of a Man that could not even win many of the states in his own region, let alone surrounding regions. OK.

Why are you all too willing to read so much into his silence . . . . as if Buhari is known for being vocal before today?
Why are the people protesting and killing? Is it not bacause they feel aggrieved that one of theirs has been wrongly denied his "birthright", if buhari had won would any of these beasts be killing fellow human beings?
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 18, 2011
rubbish!

Buhari won!

Why did GEJ not do well in the online polls?

explain that

monkeyleg:

@GenBuhari,

How can you call for more protest when u see what is going on. Buhari did not win, even if you allege rigging, the general pictrure say the election was far better than hoped.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Kobojunkie: 2:05pm On Apr 18, 2011
Tee_Jay:

Why are the people protesting and killing? Is it not bacause they feel aggrieved that one of theirs has been wrongly denied his "birthright",  if buhari had won would any of these beasts be killing fellow human beings?

The people are doing so probably because they feel robbed in some way. I mean the chants tell that. But is Buhari the enforcer of their right? Is he in charge of enforcing the law on their behalf? Is he the local leader in the state they live in ? Is he an appointed leader?? Is he the C-in-C of Nigeria?

If the other side had felt the same way, would you have pinned this on Jonathan Goodluck mainly on grounds that they were chanting his name, or mainly because of his position as president? undecided
Re: Kano Is On Fire by nbltech(m): 2:06pm On Apr 18, 2011
They will never succeed!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Mariory(m): 2:06pm On Apr 18, 2011
@Tee_Jay

What do you think of Kobojunkie's sig?

"Agressive minority should not force their views and tastes on everyone !"

The irony is daunting.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by monkeyleg: 2:07pm On Apr 18, 2011
@Kobojunkie,

Well Buhari may be a man of few words, but this is one of those situations were he needs to step up and speak. He has a moral responsibility here as a Northern leader to appeal to his people to stay within the law. QUite frankly this is no one of those time keeping quite would do
Re: Kano Is On Fire by EzeUche2(m): 2:07pm On Apr 18, 2011
Buhari is not fit to rule me. No more Northerners shall rule the people of the South.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Arosa(m): 2:08pm On Apr 18, 2011
why don't this goats go and burn down IBB house if they have got two head, IBB is still the father of PDP.  
Re: Kano Is On Fire by HamidO1(m): 2:08pm On Apr 18, 2011
Mariory:

Taking up the fight translates to burning houses, churches, and killing your fellow man? When these things happen anyone and I mean anyone who values human life will make an effort to stop it. All Buhari had to do was tell his supporters not to be violent. That's all he had to do. That's all.

All he needs do is tell his people not to be violent, are you serious?? You think it's that easy. You need to listen to some of this radio stations and see the kind of information been passed around. Our problems have gone beyond religious, our politicians need to sit up. Live n direct from Kaduna; thank God I didn't even attempt going to work this morning. There's 24hrs curfew in place already and sound of gunshots everywhere. I'm okay with this useless politicians been attacked, a couple of their houses have been burnt.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Mariory(m): 2:09pm On Apr 18, 2011
monkeyleg:

@Kobojunkie,

He has a moral responsibility here as a Northern leader to appeal to his people to stay within the law.

Thank you. This is simply common sense. Kobojunkie knows this as well. Her ego just won't let her publicly admit it.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by TeeJay6(m): 2:09pm On Apr 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

The people are doing so probably because they feel robbed in some way. I mean the chants tell that. But is Buhari the enforcer of their right? Is he in charge of enforcing the law on their behalf? Is he the local leader in the state they live in ? Is he an appointed leader?? Is he the C-in-C of Nigeria?
1) he is the reason they are on the street, and i dont mean that he asked them to but they are doing all these because they are upset he didnt win. All he has to do is to condemn the action and tell the people there are more civilised ways of making their points.
2) every statesman/woman has a duty to see peace reign in their nation, he is from the north, he was once a leader of the nation, what is it going to cost buhari to ask for cessation of rioting and killings? Nothing except of course he is secretly pleased that this is happening
Re: Kano Is On Fire by monkeyleg: 2:11pm On Apr 18, 2011
@GenBuhari,

Simple, how many Nigerians haev access to online polls? The common man knows next to nothing about it. If Buhari feels cheated he should follow the legal route, and also it remains his moral duty as a Northern leader to call his brothers to order.

Innocent lives are being threatened, and I can tell you some people will not take things kindly this time around
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Kobojunkie: 2:11pm On Apr 18, 2011
monkeyleg:

@Kobojunkie,

Well Buhari may be a man of few words, but this is one of those situations were he needs to step up and speak. He has a moral responsibility here as a Northern leader [/b]to appeal to his people to stay within the law. QUite frankly this is no one of those time keeping quite would do

I don't know his reason but I do know some of the blames being thrown are not fair, that is all. [b] HE IS NOT A NORTHERN LEADER . . . BUHARI IS NO IBB. He is more an Utomi, a Ribadu, than an IBB or an Atiku.
People need to get the difference here.

We are not out calling for the Emir of Kano to speak  . ,  have we??
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Ogbonaikenna(m): 2:12pm On Apr 18, 2011
GEJ please divide this country now.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Mariory(m): 2:13pm On Apr 18, 2011
Hamid O:

All he needs do is tell his people not to be violent, are you serious?? You think it's that easy. You need to listen to some of this radio stations and see the kind of information been passed around. Our problems have gone beyond religious, our politicians need to sit up. Live n direct from Kaduna; thank God I didn't even attempt going to work this morning. There's 24hrs curfew in place already and sound of gunshots everywhere. I'm okay with this useless politicians been attacked, a couple of their houses have been burnt.

What do you mean. I don't quite understand what you are saying.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Kobojunkie: 2:15pm On Apr 18, 2011
Hamid O:

Do fill us in please!
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Mariory(m): 2:16pm On Apr 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

We are not out calling for the Emir of Kano to speak  . ,  have we??

Comon now you can do better than that. Those people were not rioting in the name of the Emir of Kano. They are rioting in the name of [b]BUHARI[/b]. Did you get that? It's BUHARI they want. And if they will listen to anyone, it will be him. Well him or the bullet. Looks like the bullet stepped up first to stop their rampage.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by monkeyleg: 2:16pm On Apr 18, 2011
@Kobojunkie,

I do not subscribe to the blames he is getting, but this just happens to be one of those situations were his elder statesman status is called for. The emir of Kano was not involved in the election.

Buhari, needs to step up and speak.

Also I expect a full address from the Presidents assuring Nigerians of his ability to keep life and property safe.

But this is a golden opportunity for Buhari to show he is an elder.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Rossikk(m): 2:16pm On Apr 18, 2011
Kobojunkie said

I don't know his reason but I do know some of the blames being thrown are not fair, that is all. HE IS NOT A NORTHERN LEADER . . . BUHARI IS NO IBB. He is more an Utomi, a Ribadu, than an IBB or an Atiku. People need to get the difference here.

We are not out calling for the Emir of Kano to speak  . ,  have we??

You truly have no shame.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by kildran: 2:18pm On Apr 18, 2011
GenBuhari:

rubbish!

Buhari won!

Why did GEJ not do well in the online polls?

explain that

because d Yorubas deceived him, did u really really think we would vote for a BIGOT like Buhari?? You northerners are gullible. After sponsoring so many onslaughts on farmers in the south (O yes we know all about it). We don't need him. If you were counting Yoruba votes before an election then u have a long way to go. We have chopped the little money wey remain for d general hand.

They keep saying he didn't steal a dime, how come he has so much money to throw away election after election. I hope he keeps to his word and stays out of future elections. Good riddance!
Re: Kano Is On Fire by SUV(f): 2:18pm On Apr 18, 2011
Why are people blaming Buhari for this ? Some irate youths are going on rampage and people are screaming Buhari? Why is there no crises in his home state of Kastina.

The youths should calm down and not turn this int o a tribal thing. If they must fight let them fight their leaders who sold out.

u r lucky that the post below answred u better than i would hv done.

All it takes for the violence to stop is for the leader of these guys,(Buhari) to come out and call for an end to the violence!! He started the call for violence by asking the illiterates to lynch election riggers without explaining to them what election rigging means. If he is a good leader and loves all Nigerians irrespective of your tribe or religion, he would call out on these people to stop the killing and violence. But as usual the General never condemns violence! He would probably not say a word!
Re: Kano Is On Fire by NAJALYN: 2:23pm On Apr 18, 2011
We pray for peace and calm in Kano and all over the Country. May God arrest all those formenting trouble and compell peace to reign in Jesus' Name, Amen.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Kobojunkie: 2:24pm On Apr 18, 2011
monkeyleg:

@Kobojunkie,

I do not subscribe to the blames he is getting, but this just happens to be one of those situations were his elder statesman status is called for. The emir of Kano was not involved in the election.

Buhari, needs to step up and speak.

Also I expect a full address from the Presidents assuring Nigerians of his ability to keep life and property safe.

But this is a golden opportunity for Buhari to show he is an elder.

The Emir does not have to be involved in the electioon to speak . . . it is his city that is burning or is it not? Lol . I am not against him speaking . . . matter of fact, I expect him to say something but at the same time, I am not holding my breath since violence and the NOrth  is not new news.

What I am stating is people stop pushing blame off to the wrong party in this. Buhari is no northern leader that he can control the whims of these people -- A Northern leader, he is definitely not. I would rather focus on what the president is doing about the situation since the president remains the one in charge of security in Nigeria.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by NAJALYN: 2:24pm On Apr 18, 2011
We pray for peace and calm in Kano and all over the Country. May God arrest all those formenting trouble and compell peace to reign in Jesus' Name, Amen.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by kildran: 2:27pm On Apr 18, 2011
To all those who said Buhari won the online polls, I say to them let him be the online president
Re: Kano Is On Fire by HamidO1(m): 2:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
I think things are getting under control, I just hope it's not a temporary break though. They are only destroying properties not lives at this point, a PDP senatorial candidates(mairago) house was burnt.
We need prayers, most of our traditional rulers are just to biased to interfere.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by presido1: 2:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
GenBuhari why not go out in the street and make you case known. Carry matchet, matches, kerosine or petrol. You claim to be Igbo so go to enugu, owerri, onitcha, aba or ph and start demostrating with your other buhari supporters. Please karry a placard that read" We Stand For The Online Poll".

yeye online poll. I did'nt realize you are this stupid. How many people in your village have access to online poll, I that have access did not even know when the poll was conducted and you keep on saying online poll this online poll that.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by queensmith: 2:29pm On Apr 18, 2011
Its Buhari and all his best friends that started violend political rages in the first place. Murdering political leaders in cold blood and forming coups hmph!
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Kobojunkie: 2:30pm On Apr 18, 2011
SUV:

u r lucky that the post below answred u better than i would hv done.

NO it didn't . . . READ IT AGAIN!!! and then read what has followed since then.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by kildran: 2:31pm On Apr 18, 2011
To all those who said Buhari won the online polls, I say to them let him be the online president

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Workers Push For N50,000 Minimum Wage / Air Peace To Commence Regional, London Operations / Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.