Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,787 members, 7,820,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha (11615 Views)

REVEALED: Emir Of Kano Is Allegedly Suicidal And Battling Clinical Depression / Police Killing In Nasarawa: Gov. Al-makura May Be Indicted By Security Report / Kano Is On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by macjive01: 3:26am On Jan 27, 2012
Kano — The Imo State Governor Chief Rochas Okorocha has said that all the phone calls and text messages sent to the East that Igbo indigenes living in Kano were massacred in Kano during the last Friday series of bomb blasts were false and baseless rumors that have no basis.

Okorocha told Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso that he was personally disturbed at the rate of phone calls and text messages that were sent to the east that many soles of Igbo people were killed in the multiple bomb blasts of Kano which necessitated his visit to see for himself.

The Imo governor noted that on his arrival he went to Sabon Gari where many of his people live, ' but after going round and meeting with virtually everybody all of them denied that the story of killings of Igbo people were cooked for unknown reason, as such they are baseless and unfounded'.

He said already he had directed that all those that have started running away to stay behind as there was no basis for their leaving Kano, as the government of Kwankwaso is doing all it could to ensure the safety of all the non indigenes and the teeming people of the state.

He said that Igbo's were assets not only to themselves to the nation wherever they go.

"Igbos are never a threat to anybody because what concerns an Igbo man is his business, that is why they should be seen as brothers not enemies', he said.

He said Nigeria is facing a more fundamental and challenging period that requires all its citizenry to come together and solve them, he said they must see themselves as their brothers' keepers not enemies as some want to see them.

He urged the federal government to provide more security to Kano because of its population and cosmopolitan nature, just as he urged Kwankwaso to give more priority in times of security to areas like Sabon Gari so that non indigenes should feel safe and at home.

He assured that Nigeria would come out with a more brighter future from the challenges they are facing, '"but this does not mean we should fold our arms and leave the evil ones among us to continue to control our lives, we have to do something to stop them."

Meanwhile the wife of the vice President Amina Namadi Sabo wept at the Emir of Kano palace while talking about the unfortunate Friday bombings that pervaded Kano.

She said what had happened was not acceptable as such government will do all it could to arrest the situation from reoccurring.

http://www.igbolandforum.com/index.php?topic=1005.0

http://www.champion.com.ng/displaycontent.asp?pid=15378
Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by Rhino5dm: 3:57am On Jan 27, 2012
Where are those war mongering vultures ranting from page to page and lying that Boko Haram attacks were specifically directed at Ndigbos living in the north?. Gov. Anayo Owelle Rochas Okorocha, has shown how a rare gem and audacious leader should act, by taking a pragmatic steps to verify any romour going around by some mis-guided elements, who sees nothing wrong in raising false alarm to satisfy their lust.

I hope in the near future, he will be alowed to grow strenght to strenght and make a formidable presidential team(assuming Nigeria is still in one piece). Leaders are not perfect, but Rochas, Amaechi and Fashola are in class of their own, way above the present slowpoke occupying aso rock.
Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by Kobojunkie: 4:15am On Jan 27, 2012
No, Okorocha most definitely is a Boko Haram supporter!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by Rhino5dm: 5:42am On Jan 27, 2012
You will never see those dimwits here. Notable among them is the goat headed egocentric nutcase called Onlytruthlies and his Olodos brothers. I still wonder why all of those scare mongers decided to stay away from this thread. When governor Nyako said the 13 Igbos guys murdered WERE not targeted by boko haram, they came all out attacking him with all sorts of demeaning names. The goons went further to called him a silent-boko haram member and sponsor. Now, we expect them to come out of their caves to attack Rochas okorocha or atleast brand him traitor orboko haram apologist.

The other chimp monk came out of the gutter to accuse me of supporting Boko Haram, simply because i presented a different views from his.

So, all the e-mails and text massages sent to the east are all SCAM! shocked.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by Nobody: 5:49am On Jan 27, 2012
Macjive, even though your story is correct, the link you provided is wrong.
Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by Nobody: 5:50am On Jan 27, 2012
Point B, OnlytellsLies, Beaf, WilyWily where are you?

Freaking mental cases.
Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by BlackPikiN(m): 5:53am On Jan 27, 2012
My friend shut the f0rk up and go to bed.
Igbo people dont put food on your table neither do they stop you from feeding your family.
You beginning to sound like a drunk and a drug addict.
Have you ever wondered why you are still beaten so silly by your dad at this age?
Go figure!

Igbo's are not killed but a home-made bomb blew up at the park yesterday at sabon gari. cheesy
I am sure there are police and army offices at the park.

Mumu.
Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by Rhino5dm: 6:07am On Jan 27, 2012
Take it up then with your Rochas Okoracha the latest Igbo Boko Haram sponsor according to the colony of blinded bats roaming from thread to thread anticipating drop of blood. The jokes is on you!.

Rochas Okoracha boko haram apologist and a religious bigot. cool
Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by mensdept: 6:07am On Jan 27, 2012
Its all a containment strategy designed by the govt. They cant beat Boko Haram with the quack army and confused police (Imagine police fighting a militant group)

Vice-President wife cry cry, Owelle running mouth, Nyako running mouth, and still more bombings and killings to happen soon.

Meanwhile, tommorrow, there's another 200 Igbo people en route to "trade" in Sokoto and Zamfara, despite the great risk of being slaughtered like a cow. There's another 200 Yoruba folks waiting to tie Gele for this weekends Owambe, another 200 Urhobo guys looking to go and drink and watch Chelsea abi Arsenal, another 200 Million Naira awarded by Theo Orji in Abia to faceless contractors, another 200 threads in Romance section of why my girlfriend doesnt Ping me back, and the same old same old
Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by Nobody: 6:10am On Jan 27, 2012
BlackPikiN:

My friend shut the f0rk up and go to bed.
Igbo people dont put food on your table neither do they stop you from feeding your family.
You beginning to sound like a drunk and a drug addict.
Have you ever wondered why you are still beaten so silly by your dad at this age?
Go figure!

Igbo's are not killed but a home-made bomb blew up at the park yesterday at sabon gari. cheesy
I am sure there are police and army offices at the park.

Mumu.

I'm trying to figure out who youre referring to with this post. Seeing as I didnt mention your name in my last post (even though you should have been included) I seriously doubt its me (at least, if I consider the false allegation in it).

That said, I wonder what people like you gain by stoking the embers of hatred. What are you bitter about? Werent you loved as a child? When in your life did it happen that you just had to thrive on deciet, lies, confusion and hatred? If your parents raised you this way is this the upbringing you'll give your kids; to tell obvious lies and cause carnage through false information? What do you gain from all of this?

The main thing the Nigerian Government has to invest in, majorly, is education. Because, apart from chronic illiteracy, I see no other reason why one would do this kind of wrong, and not show any remorse for it!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by Nobody: 6:22am On Jan 27, 2012
WHY ISNT THIS ON THE FRONT PAGE?!
Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by alexleo(m): 6:24am On Jan 27, 2012
It is even silly for anybody to claim that boko haram bombing is aimed at igbos. This are false claims that i hate to hear in my life just like the one claimed that 3 million igbos are living in kano. All this nonsense claims are ridiculous pls. Thank you Rochas for the bold step you took. God bless you.
Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by Nobody: 6:39am On Jan 27, 2012
This foolish man no go siddon.Im no no say im be Nigerian. Nonsense. Instead of am to dey tribalistic, im just dey talk true anyhow, abi ohanaeze and masSOB no go chop govt security vote again?
Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by talktrue1(m): 6:47am On Jan 27, 2012
he should also go to borno and yobe state to find out too.
anyway, i appreciate his courage. anambra state should do so because most afftected in yobe is anambra
Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by Nobody: 6:50am On Jan 27, 2012
talk true:

he should also go to borno and yobe state to find out too.
anyway, i appreciate his courage. anambra state should do so because[b] most afftected [/b]in yobe is anambra

Dude shut up! Nobody is saying Igbos werent killed, all theyre saying is theyre not being targeted! Jeez!

You talk like you know what the hell youre talking about.

Tell me: DID YOU GO TO BORNO AND YOBE, TO TAKE A COUNT TO ASCERTAIN THAT IGBOS WERE THE "MOST AFFECTED"?
Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by mensdept: 6:54am On Jan 27, 2012
kingoflag:

Dude shut up! Nobody is saying Igbos werent killed, all theyre saying is theyre not being targeted! Jeez!

You talk like you know what the hell youre talking about.

Tell me: DID YOU GO TO BORNO AND YOBE, TO TAKE A COUNT TO ASCERTAIN THAT IGBOS WERE THE "MOST AFFECTED"?

SO Igbo were not targeted but they were killed?
Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by alexleo(m): 6:59am On Jan 27, 2012
^^^ Igbos were killed just like any other tribe that was affected in that unfortunate incidence but nobody targeted them. Why do u think the were targeted?? You people should stop all these false claims. Its not neccessary pls.
Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by Nchara: 7:47am On Jan 27, 2012
How correct is Rochas? See below
Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 27, 2012
kingoflag:

Freaking mental cases.

Lmao @ onlytellslies. . . . .honestly these guys need to set to mental homes for brain recovery.I just dont understand what an ijaw man like beaf is doing among the deadliest ibo tribalists on nl but i can deduce that SS is not in anyway better than SE since they all look the same to me.Bloody tribalists.
Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by Nchara: 8:15am On Jan 27, 2012
Bomb blast at luxury bus park: 2 injured
From Desmond Mgboh, Kano
Friday January 27, 2012

Photo: Sun News Publishing

More Stories on This Section

At least two persons were, yesterday, injured in Kano after a locally made Improvised Explosive Device (IED) went off at a luxury bus park, situated at New Road in Sabon-Gari, Kano.

The Daily Sun gathered that the explosion, which caused a minor mishap around the Lagos Line area of the park, sparked off in-between two East-bound luxury vehicles, namely Gobison Motors and God Loves Ezenwata Motors. The impact of the explosion shattered the glass of one of the luxury buses that was in the park.
The spark went off as passengers, mostly southerners fleeing the state on account of the Boko Haram tragedy, went in the morning to buy their tickets and get their items loaded ahead of their journey.

The two persons, whose names could not be identified as at press time, were rushed to a nearby private clinic for medical attention, said witnesses. But a police source, who begged anonymity, said only one person was injured in the blast.

The explosion immediately threw the Sabon-Gari Quarters, a predominantly non-native community, into confusion, resulting in a brief stampede that saw traders and market people hurriedly closing their shops and speedily dashing to their respective homes.
A team of soldiers as well as operatives of the Bomb Disposal Unit of the Nigeria Police were immediately invited to the scene of the incident. They, in turn, cordoned off the whole area and asked all the passengers and luxury vehicles to vacate the park while they searched for possible more explosives.

The Daily Sun was told that the explosive was hidden in a bag by its owners, adding that the bag was among the items meant to be loaded in the bus. At least, one person was arrested by the officers at the scene while there were indications that the officers might have defused other explosives within the park. A laptop was also retrieved from the scene of the incident and taken away by the police.

There has been no official comment so far. Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Magaji Majiya declined comment on the matter when the Daily Sun contacted him, saying he had not been briefed on the matter.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2012/jan/27/newsbreak-27-01-2012-001.html
Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by Rhino5dm: 8:42am On Jan 27, 2012
From October 1 bombings till the last one in Kano, Nigerians have been targeted. I tell you, no particular tribe, region or religion that is free from those vampires; if so, why try to make Igbos affairs? Are they the only ones killed? No. Have Boko Haram issue any statement that they are going after Igbos only, NO!. Infact, thesame people we enjoy to villifiy have suffered higher chunck of the carnage.

Where is all this bullcrap,balderdash,coming from? I haope'd your prayers are answered and they boko haram should decide to make it ALL IGBO affairs, if thats what you want. Pathetic!

mens dept:

SO Igbo were not targeted but they were killed?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by Rhino5dm: 9:03am On Jan 27, 2012
No need to go around posting long trash. Just point to us a statement either written, audio or video of the killer sects saying they will be killing IGBOS only or STFU!

BTW, how many Igbos have been killed in those series of coordinated attacks since last friday in Kano? Atleast unofficial figures put the death toll at 274, abi? Okay, assuming we both accept 200 as our own figures, how many are Igbos? 1, 2 or 100?? ? . . . .are Igbos the only habitats of Sabon Gari? Is eastern Nigeria the only destination of those luxerious buses? Do you have any details other than that trash you posted? . . . . My guy, Learn to stop digging when your are already in a hole.

Nchara:

Bomb blast at luxury bus park: 2 injured
From Desmond Mgboh, Kano
Friday January 27, 2012

Photo: Sun News Publishing

More Stories on This Section

At least two persons were, yesterday, injured in Kano after a locally made Improvised Explosive Device (IED) went off at a luxury bus park, situated at New Road in Sabon-Gari, Kano.

The Daily Sun gathered that the explosion, which caused a minor mishap around the Lagos Line area of the park, sparked off in-between two East-bound luxury vehicles, namely Gobison Motors and God Loves Ezenwata Motors. The impact of the explosion shattered the glass of one of the luxury buses that was in the park.
The spark went off as passengers, mostly southerners fleeing the state on account of the Boko Haram tragedy, went in the morning to buy their tickets and get their items loaded ahead of their journey.

The two persons, whose names could not be identified as at press time, were rushed to a nearby private clinic for medical attention, said witnesses. But a police source, who begged anonymity, said only one person was injured in the blast.

The explosion immediately threw the Sabon-Gari Quarters, a predominantly non-native community, into confusion, resulting in a brief stampede that saw traders and market people hurriedly closing their shops and speedily dashing to their respective homes.
A team of soldiers as well as operatives of the Bomb Disposal Unit of the Nigeria Police were immediately invited to the scene of the incident. They, in turn, cordoned off the whole area and asked all the passengers and luxury vehicles to vacate the park while they searched for possible more explosives.

The Daily Sun was told that the explosive was hidden in a bag by its owners, adding that the bag was among the items meant to be loaded in the bus. At least, one person was arrested by the officers at the scene while there were indications that the officers might have defused other explosives within the park. A laptop was also retrieved from the scene of the incident and taken away by the police.

There has been no official comment so far. Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Magaji Majiya declined comment on the matter when the Daily Sun contacted him, saying he had not been briefed on the matter.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2012/jan/27/newsbreak-27-01-2012-001.html
Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by Wily1Wily: 9:07am On Jan 27, 2012
kingoflag:

Freaking mental cases.
Look at you, what is my own there, If Okorocha is living in denail that his own people are not been murdered by Terrorist Moslems so be it.
Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by Demdem(m): 9:23am On Jan 27, 2012
^^^^

Prove him wrong. Nigerians generally were killed. The Igbos arent targets.
Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 27, 2012
Demdem:

^^^^

Prove him wrong. Nigerians generally were killed. The Igbos arent targets.

Dont mind these morons.Who knows maybe the pogrom of the 60's were all exaggerated lies against the north to justify biafaran agenda ? Losers. How many ibos were killed in kano bombing ? Just a few but ibos are crying to the whole world that they were targeted.bloody twerps.
Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by Rhino5dm: 10:03am On Jan 27, 2012
Bros, it baffle's any sane mind they way and manner these people are making up things to satisfy their lust. The governor came out boldly to debunk lies and fabricated stories, after taking a personel trip to Kano. Yet, our professros in google and googling engineering are still doing everything possible to forced us to believe differently. So, to what extent, if i may ask?

Lets do simple maths here:

Total figures of Boko Haram victims put together according to statistics flying around should be in the nieghbourhood of 1000 people. Lets say = 1200(we Nigerians medias with under reporting)

The figures of Igbos that died to my knowledge should be = 13(Adamawa still disputable) + 42(madalla) + 4(Potiskum) = 59!.

Lets us consider unreported casualities and make our figures to be = 100 i.e (59 known +41 unknown)

now, take out 100 from 1200, what do you get? 1100 !?!.

How could any sane mind come with that fabricated lies that Boko Haram are targeting ONLY Igbos? ? shocked

To what extent? Blind support for their cause or what?? Dude, we are in 21st fuckin' century and not some modafuckin' 1960's!!! I pity those buying into this scam!.

~Bluetooth:

Dont mind these morons.Who knows maybe the pogrom of the 60's were all exaggerated lies against the north to justify biafaran agenda ? Losers. How many ibos were killed in kano bombing ? [b]Just a few but ibos are crying to the whole world [/b]that they were targeted.bloody twerps.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by kizito96(m): 10:07am On Jan 27, 2012
We have to be careful how we run to conclusion
Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by 1virus(m): 10:08am On Jan 27, 2012
no mind that man, he is after his 2015 agenda (1st igbo president) if he no talk like that how hausa ppl won take support am? Abi he sabi pass igbos wey don come back?
Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by Goodking(m): 10:17am On Jan 27, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

You will never see those dimwits here. Notable among them is the goat headed egocentric nutcase called Onlytruthlies and his Olodos brothers. I still wonder why all of those scare mongers decided to stay away from this thread. When governor Nyako said the 13 Igbos guys murdered WERE not targeted by boko haram, they came all out attacking him with all sorts of demeaning names. The goons went further to called him a silent-boko haram member and sponsor. Now, we expect them to come out of  their caves to attack Rochas  okorocha or atleast brand him traitor orboko haram apologist.

The other chimp monk came out of the gutter to accuse me of supporting Boko Haram, simply because i presented a different views from his.

So, all the e-mails and text massages sent to the east are all SCAM! shocked.

Interesting! Maybe the whole bombing stories is a SCAM. Please educate us the more.
I think Rochas is only trying to avert reprisal attacks. Nothing more,
15 corpses were just buried in Anambra state all from the same attack in Kano. Maybe they just died, or maybe they are from your local government.
I had expected contributors to sensitive threads in NL to be matured. If you are not sure of something, keep your mouth shut or at least make an EDUCATED GUESS.
Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by worm(f): 10:20am On Jan 27, 2012
There was no bomb in Kano yesterday. It was a bus tyre that busted and people started running.

I cant believe sunnews can publish this trash.
Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by Rhino5dm: 10:21am On Jan 27, 2012
Are you having problem with the bolded?! Get da Bleep outta here, if you anin't gat notting to add.

1virus:

no mind that man, he is after his 2015 agenda (1st igbo president) if he no talk like that how hausa ppl won take support am? Abi he sabi pass igbos wey don come back?
Re: Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha by phreakabit(m): 10:22am On Jan 27, 2012
Chief Rochas Okorocha , YOU NO GO SEE THAT PRESIDENCY WEY YOU DEY FIND! Your best bet is becoming the black version of father christmas.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police To MASSOB : Don't Hoist Biafran-Flag / Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road / Air-Marshal S.B Abubakar Visit Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.