Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,365 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result (8980 Views)

Some Kogi Governorship Election Result 2015 / Rev Chris Okotie Rejects Presidential Poll Result / Okotie Rejects Presidential Poll Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by ahidjo: 4:55pm On Apr 18, 2011
[size=13pt]He that seeks equity must come with clean hands. Jonathan was warned not to allow people to rig the election for him. He did not heed the advice and allowed the same criminals to wreck havoc in the South South an south east. Why did Jonathan 's people need to rig if he was sure of victory. We can not continue this fraud. Any nation built on the foundation of fraud can not last. While I advise Buhari to call his people to order, I make no mistake in also calling for cancellation of all elections in the whole of South East and South South and all areas in the north where there were rigging and underage voting. This idea of accepting fraudulent election must not continue. We accepted fraud in 1999, 2003, 2007 and now. If the issue is not resolved now, some people will still want us to acccept rigged elections in 2015 as if dishonesty is the only thing that works and is compromised in Nigeria. We must make efforts to arrest all those causing trouble now in the north as well as those that perpertrated the massive rigging in SS and SE. Enough said[/size]
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by proudly9ja(m): 4:57pm On Apr 18, 2011
Sky Blue:

Completely agree, criminality is criminality, no arguments from me. But do we shout "rigging rigging" and close our eyes to under age voters that seemed a very common phenomenom in the north? We can't be biased here. Was the election perfect? I wouldn't say so. Could it have been better? I would agree it could have been. Was it better than the last one we had? I will absolutely make that claim. In cases where there might have been rigging, it could simply be a matter of the riggers got outrigged by the better riggers, but I would say that the shouts of rigging have been over played. There were 120,000 polling booths around the country. What percentage of those got rigged (either by multiple thumb printing or under age voters) that we won't hear anything other than rigged elections? If we are going to be serious about this then results from booths in violation of electoral law can be disregarded to send a clear message, simple. People should push for that if they are serious. PDP is not the only party in Nigeria that knows how to rig. Let us stop being lackeys for people who might have rigged.
This guy, ure talking rubbish.  Wat is wrong is wrong. whether it is child voters or multiple thumb printing.  If any can be proved, den d ward should be cancelled. This has nothing to do with PDP or CPC.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I am not 100% on that but no, you don't have all week.

Good , So dont say what you don't know because you have more than a week
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Demdem(m): 4:58pm On Apr 18, 2011
I am sure the below figures will definately be one of the reasons why they are crying foul. Lets look at Bayelsa's figures:

BAYELSA.

Registered Voters (07-02-11)                      472,389
Valid Votes                                                         511,634
Invalid votes                                                      4,841
PDP                                                                        504,811
CPC                                                                        691
ACN                                                                       370
ANPP                                                                    136
Total Votes cast                                                510,849

Verdict : In the president Home state which he was likely to win anyway, the total valid votes exceeded the total number of registered voters, How come? Were there still registration of voters after this day that the nation wasn’t aware of? Jega has some explanation to do here. As it is now, no one knows the total number of registered voters in Bayelsa.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Demdem(m): 4:59pm On Apr 18, 2011
DELTA.

Registered Voters (07-02-11) 1,900,015
Valid Votes 1,410,379
Invalid Votes 19,672
PDP 1,378,851
CPC 8,960
ACN 13,110
ANPP 2,746
Total Votes cast 1,423,339

Verdict : I can’t believe Prof Jega announced this results. How can the total votes cast be more than the total number of valid votes? Remember I didn’t even consider other parties that have hundreds of votes and very few thousands.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Kobojunkie: 5:01pm On Apr 18, 2011
dappssee:

Good ,  So dont say what you don't know because you have more than a week

NOPE!!! I meant I am certain you do not have all week. I am not however sure how many hours exactly you have after the numbers are in to make your decision on whether or not to accept or reject it. I don't think INEC  believes it is fair to hold up a whole nation for a whole week while one party decides if it wants to agree with the numbers or not.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Kobojunkie: 5:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
@DemDem, source please
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by SkyBlue1: 5:04pm On Apr 18, 2011
2mch:

As per the underaged voters, was it not GEJ's responsibility to ensure that adequate security and observer's are present? I[b]nstead observer's were arrested and the polling agents were left at the mercy of the civilians[/b], because PDP had the whole rigging strategy worked out. If the argument is underaged voters, then the election should be cancelled and done right

Can you at least try to be reasonable. There were 120,000 polling booths in the country. PDP is not the only party that knows how to rig, why are you so sure that CPC did not rig  for Buhari too? Do you think all the polling booths are in cities? Do you know that most of the Nigerian population live in rural areas (quite a few of which might not be so easy to observe??) Some people are making exactly the same mistake online bystanders and observers made when doing analysis and forecast on the rerun gubernatorial election in Delta state. They thought everybody lives in cities. INEC has a website, we were given numbers to call before the election. If you have evidence to back up claims like the one in bold why didn't you call the INEC number? Why don't you post on their website and present the evidence for all to see? It is very easy to allege and yet we were all informed of the INEC numbers to call if we saw anything funny happening. Have you called them with your evidence and they said you should go and sit down??
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by 2mch(m): 5:06pm On Apr 18, 2011
Sky Blue:

Can you at least try to be reasonable. There were 120,000 polling booths in the country. PDP is not the only party that knows how to rig, why are you so sure that CPC did not rig  for Buhari too? Do you think all the polling booths are in cities? Do you know that most of the Nigerian population live in rural areas (quite a few of which might not be so easy to observe??) Some people are making exactly the same mistake online bystanders and observers made when doing analysis and forecast on the rerun gubernatorial election in Delta state. They thought everybody lives in cities. INEC has a website, we were given numbers to call before the election. If you have evidence to back up claims like the one in bold why didn't you call the INEC number? Why don't you post on their website and present the evidence for all to see? It is very easy to allege and yet we were all informed of the INEC numbers to call if we saw anything funny happening. Have you called them with your evidence and they said you should go and sit down??

DId you see the youtube evidence of madam rigger? Did you see CNN's evidence of underaged rigging? What did GEJ do about it? Please dont come and cry now. Does a country like Nigeria need polling booths in every kilometer? MAybe the 120,000 are for effective rigging. These elections should be recounted with finger print evidence. Obviously the riggers all around the country are too daft to know finger prints are unique to each individual and cannot be forged. That is the only identity we human have that cannot be forged. The joke is on PDP this time.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by SkyBlue1: 5:06pm On Apr 18, 2011
proudly9ja:

This guy, ure talking rubbish.  Wat is wrong is wrong. whether it is child voters or multiple thumb printing.  If any can be proved, den d ward should be cancelled. This has nothing to do with PDP or CPC.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  ? ? ? ?

Sky Blue:

Completely agree, criminality is criminality, no arguments from me. But do we shout "rigging rigging" and close our eyes to under age voters that seemed a very common phenomenom in the north? We can't be biased here. Was the election perfect? I wouldn't say so. Could it have been better? I would agree it could have been. Was it better than the last one we had? I will absolutely make that claim. In cases where there might have been rigging, it could simply be a matter of the riggers got outrigged by the better riggers, but I would say that the shouts of rigging have been over played. There were 120,000 polling booths around the country. What percentage of those got rigged (either by multiple thumb printing or under age voters) that we won't hear anything other than rigged elections? If we are going to be serious about this then results from booths in violation of electoral law can be disregarded to send a clear message, simple. People should push for that if they are serious. PDP is not the only party in Nigeria that knows how to rig. Let us stop being lackeys for people who might have rigged.

No need to get into any uneccesaary arguments. The poster I was challenging had been going on about rigging happening in certain areas and I was simply saying we should condemn all types of electoral malpractise (including those of underage voting - which he rarely seemed to mention). So what exactly is your problem with that?
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Demdem(m): 5:07pm On Apr 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

@DemDem, source please

I collated the datas from thisday newspapers,tribune and  Guardian newspapers and i compared it with what sahara reporters gave.
Please check these sites to confirm

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=45192:hail-to-the-chief-jonathan&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jonathan-cruises-to-victory-reaches-out-to-opponents/89845/
http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/nigerias-presidential-election-jonathan-set-win-aided-southern-magic-numbers

Also to get the total number of registered voters, i couldnt get it from INEC site so i decided to google it. Please also do your own home work. You can also try this also.

http://www..com/ng/elections-and-electoral-issues/8657-inec-nigeria-number-of-registered-voters-per-state.html

Also take a look at the percentage of voters turn-out as against registered voters (07-02-11) especially in the SE and SS states. Its a waoooooo. Compare that to the turn-out of the Abokis up north.
Even if some Nigerians are dumb, all of us cant be undecided undecided undecided
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by SkyBlue1: 5:15pm On Apr 18, 2011
2mch:

DId you see the youtube evidence of madam rigger? Did you see CNN's evidence of underaged rigging? What did GEJ do about it? Please dont come and cry now. Does a country like Nigeria need polling booths in every kilometer? MAybe the 120,000 are for effective rigging. These elections should be recounted with finger print evidence. Obviously the riggers all around the country are too daft to know finger prints are unique to each individual and cannot be forged. That is the only identity we human have that cannot be forged. The joke is on PDP this time.

I saw the youtube video you refer to (which shows rigging in rivers state during the congressional elections and not presidential - not saying it makes it better but just to correct you). Now my question is this. We were given numbers to call incase of any trouble. I remember before elections posting videos and information about numbers to call for people who might see something not quite right during the elections, so imagine my irritation when I saw multiple posters coming here during election to complain of this and that when there were numbers to call to nip things at the bud then, when the counting had not yet been collated. But it is now that a good number of results have been collated that people are now making noise? Are you kidding me? And you wonder why we don't get things right? If you lodged complaints and they got ignored, then that is another thing. I repeat, whatever evidence you have take it to INEC (they have a website) and post it here for us. All this noise is getting us nowhere.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by xtremeidea(m): 5:15pm On Apr 18, 2011
Lagosboy:

The result from SS and SE is simply ridiculous coupled with the rigging video we all saw on youtube from rivers.

CPC is right in rejecting the results. The issue is not would GEJ have won without rigging or not the issue is criminality is criminality.

The video u claim to have seen came out long b4 the presidential elections. it was also posted on Nairaland!!! even the video title says notin about Presidential election but NASS elections!!!  angry angry angry angry angry angry

Get ur facts right b4 making your claims!!!
angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by proudly9ja(m): 6:04pm On Apr 18, 2011
The Skyblue I know is always objective. This one is sounding like PDPs PRO.

Go and check INEC's facebook page and see loads of video evidence intentipnally ignored by INEC. My group made complaints to INEC officially about child voting and multiple thumb printing. We even gave suggestions on how these could be avoided during the presidential elections. Till today we have not got a reply. On whether they heeded to our suggestions or not , d results r dere to see. So don't come here and tell us we didn't complain.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by naso2(m): 6:23pm On Apr 18, 2011
Demdem:

I am sure the below figures will definately be one of the reasons why they are crying foul. Lets look at Bayelsa's figures:

BAYELSA.

Registered Voters (07-02-11)                      472,389
Valid Votes                                                         511,634
Invalid votes                                                      4,841
PDP                                                                        504,811
CPC                                                                        691
ACN                                                                       370
ANPP                                                                    136
Total Votes cast                                                510,849

Verdict : In the president Home state which he was likely to win anyway, the total valid votes exceeded the total number of registered voters, How come? Were there still registration of voters after this day that the nation wasn’t aware of? Jega has some explanation to do here. As it is now, no one knows the total number of registered voters in Bayelsa.           

see below:

AFIS still running in Bayelsa

The actual number of eligible voters in Bayelsa State is yet to be determined because INEC was still installing the state sever for the running of the registers on the AFIS which can identify multiple registration.

Though it was gathered that the commission had concluded that exercise at the ward and local government level, a source at the commission told Vanguard that a bigger state sever was being expected to enable it run the already cleared data so as to get the actual number of voters involved in multiple registration across the state.

The state Resident Electoral Commissioner, Engineer Edwin Nwatalari said though a total of [size=30pt]566,195 [/size] voters were registered in the state during the voters registration exercise the commission had received over 3,000 complaints from voters over irregularities and anomalies discovered.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/03/uncertainty-beclouds-inec%E2%80%99s-publication-of-voters%E2%80%99-register-nass-candidates%E2%80%99-list/

mind you this report was as at march 2 2011.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by nwabso: 6:30pm On Apr 18, 2011
That man is fond of rejecting election results.the thing,whether he accept or not,it ll still make no change cos it had been destined that Goodluck must be there.pls tell him to stop wasting his energy and enjoy fresh air of good governance of Gej
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by SkyBlue1: 6:39pm On Apr 18, 2011
proudly9ja:

The Skyblue I know is always objective. This one is sounding like PDPs PRO.

Go and check INEC's facebook page and see loads of video evidence intentipnally ignored by INEC. My group made complaints to INEC officially about child voting and multiple thumb printing.  We even gave suggestions on how these could be avoided during the presidential elections.  Till today we have not got a reply. On whether they heeded to our suggestions or not , d results r dere to see. So don't come here and tell us we didn't complain. 

Stay on point, you might just choose to see what you want to see in my posts so it might be futile and that is fair enough, I am not really here to convince you (you don't even know who I supported among the three major candidates). I did not even know that INEC had a facebook page, the one I know is their website, the numbers given to alert the commission to events unfolding during the election. There was even a number to text, people didn't seem to use this as much as they could. There was even a guy coming on here claiming he had tried to get images of rigging and was almost beaten up or something like that, and there were numbers to call which he didn't seem to. Your group might have lodged complaints and that is fair enough, but most of the people complaining here from what I can gather did not. So what exactly is your point?
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by MukLdn(m): 6:48pm On Apr 18, 2011
KANO

PDP 440,665

CPC 1,624,543

ACN 42,353

REGISTERED

Kano 5,135,415

so 40-50% or so turnout in Kano but over 90% in Bayelsa? I wonder
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by naso2(m): 7:01pm On Apr 18, 2011
[b]^^^^^^^^^^

The difference is that not all your children who registered as adults could come out for the elections proper. The spotlight was on them.

There is no law that says becuase only 50% showed up in kano, then same should happen to other parts of the country.

You would have heard that there was voter apathy in the SW, even at that we had almost 2million votes in lagos. I can authoritavely tell you that these votes came from mainly non-yorubas. what does that tell you? It means the voter register in most southern states really represents the number of eligible voters, while same can not be said of the north, besides remember the borders were closed so NIGERIENS could not come in and vote for their brothers.

Somehow the SE and SS believed the voter register from the north and felt, to make any meaningful impact , there must be mass participation, hence almost every registered voter present came out to vote. To the ss , this is a rare opportunity and must be given the best shot.[/b]
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 18, 2011
Buhari should go eat shit. To rule na by force angry angry angry
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by supoade: 7:23pm On Apr 18, 2011
Jonathan has won if u don't like it go hug a transformer". I tried it too but did not die. You know why? Light no dey there for the past twelve year
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by bintilla: 7:27pm On Apr 18, 2011
I keep wondering and asking myself why is Buhari so desperate to be president.u want to rule us but we said no.so why are u crying.obviously it was a do or die affair for him unlike the other aspirant.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by bintilla: 7:31pm On Apr 18, 2011
I keep wondering and asking myself why is Buhari so desperate to be president.u want to rule us but we said no.so why are u crying.obviously it was a do or die affair for him unlike the other aspirants.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by phreakabit(m): 7:36pm On Apr 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I am certain you have not seen or even processed the results being spoken of here. We are talking almost 100% of SE/SS States all voting average 95% one way when there were about 17/18 people on the ballot.

I hate it when people make utterances that clearly depicts their level of outrageous dumbness! What do you mean by 95% when they where about 17/18 people on at the polling boot? How did you monitor it from Ohio or are you in Umuohio,Anambra state? Please be reasonable when you make claims. claims are more than mere comments and should be backed with facts! I see you have a high amount of posts, I dont want to be forced to think that more than half of it are crap like the one above, Please!
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by ADOGBEYI: 7:36pm On Apr 18, 2011
Why has Demdem become quiet all of a sudden? Demdem, please respond to na so's comment below:

Posted by: na_so  
Insert Quote
Quote from: Demdem on Today at 04:58:25 PM

BAYELSA.

Registered Voters (07-02-11)                      472,389
Valid Votes                                                         511,634
Invalid votes                                                      4,841
PDP                                                                        504,811
CPC                                                                        691
ACN                                                                       370
ANPP                                                                    136
Total Votes cast                                                510,849

see below:

AFIS still running in Bayelsa

The actual number of eligible voters in Bayelsa State is yet to be determined because INEC was still installing the state sever for the running of the registers on the AFIS which can identify multiple registration.

Though it was gathered that the commission had concluded that exercise at the ward and local government level, a source at the commission told Vanguard that a bigger state sever was being expected to enable it run the already cleared data so as to get the actual number of voters involved in multiple registration across the state.

The state Resident Electoral Commissioner, Engineer Edwin Nwatalari said though a total of 566,195 voters were registered in the state during the voters registration exercise the commission had received over 3,000 complaints from voters over irregularities and anomalies discovered.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/03/uncertainty-beclouds-inec%E2%80%99s-publication-of-voters%E2%80%99-register-nass-candidates%E2%80%99-list/

mind you this report was as at march 2 2011.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 18, 2011
una dey mad ? how jonathan no go win for south south or rivers state in particular
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 18, 2011
Tribunal opens tomorrow,so buari the terror can file a petition asap.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Mobinga: 7:45pm On Apr 18, 2011
phreakabit:

I hate it when people make utterances that clearly depicts their level of outrageous dumbness! What do you mean by 95% when they where about 17/18 people on at the polling boot? How did you monitor it from Ohio or are you in Umuohio,Anambra state? Please be reasonable when you make claims. claims are more than mere comments and should be backed with facts! I see you have a high amount of posts, I dont want to be forced to think that more than half of it are crap like the one above, Please!
And she's not even in Nigeria. Can you imagine that?

FINAL OFFICIAL INEC RESULT:
ACN: Ribadu 2,079,151; ANPP:
Shekarau 917,012; CPC:
Buhari 12,214,853; PDP:
Jonathan 22,495,187.#
NigeriaDecides
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Fhemmmy: 7:46pm On Apr 18, 2011
This is now pathetically pathetic . . . . . .Let him go to the court of law.
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by hbrednic: 7:48pm On Apr 18, 2011
oh poor loser,from crying to rejecting electoral result cheesy
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Kobojunkie: 7:51pm On Apr 18, 2011
phreakabit:

Ignorance is not bliss! It is on the INEC page for even person's like you to EDUCATE yourself. That you do not know of the 99.63% of votes that went to just one candidate, out of 17, in one state is NOT MY PROBLEM. that is ALL ON YOU!  OWN IT! Playing silly does not help your case!

http://www.inecnigeria.org/results/
Re: Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result by Sarahluv(f): 7:52pm On Apr 18, 2011
Well, I expected the general to reject the results. That type of corruption is innate in him. What I did not expect was for him to stay aloof while his supporters unleashed mayhem on innocent people, but then, you know what they say - "Powerlessness" corrupts, and absolute "powerlessness" corrupts absolutely.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai / Thunder Strike You There..After Watching This Video And Still Believe In Nigeria / Zulum Uncovers Fresh Batch Of Fake IDPs In Maiduguri Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.