Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" (861 Views)

BREAKING: Tension In Lagos As Hand Of God, Eyes, Angels Appears In Clouds / Noah's Ark Rebuilt & Opened For Public In Atlanta US With Its Exact Measurements / Saved By Grace But Preserved By Works. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by Dtruthspeaker: 8:39pm On Apr 14, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
You're using the second to explain the first. It's always the first that gives way to the second. That's why "first" is before "second". Don't twist the Bible to suit your belief. Let the Bible interpret the Bible. Grace came first. And then, cos he found grace in God's eyes, he was declared righteous. I really don't have anything more to say on this, else we'd be going round and round.

Then how did you know that Adam was the first man? Was it not the second in Chapter 2 verse 7 and 20 which Explained Chapter 1 verse 26, which was First?

Yet you chose to accuse me of twisting when it is plain for all to see The Truth, if they want!

Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?

2 He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart. Psalm 15

Seven things doth The Lord Hate and "A Lying tongue" is Certainly One Of them!
Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by Kobojunkiee: 8:50pm On Apr 14, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
Just like I told the other guy, I'll tell you. Just cos the facts don't suit your belief doesn't make it false. Every number and story and alphabet have their meanings. The writer of Genesis purposely put grace before Noah was declared righteous. If you can't see that, then goodnight. Thank God anyone with Bible will see what came first.
It is no longer a fact if you have to resort to a bend-and-twist game like yours. undecided

What is fact is instead what is stated and comprehended as presented in the passage...undecided

Genesis 6 vs 1-10 (ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. The number of people on earth continued to increase. When these people had daughters,
2. the sons of God saw how beautiful they were. So they chose the women they wanted. They married them, and the women had their children.
3. Then the Lord said, “People are only human. I will not let my Spirit be troubled by them forever. I will let them live only 120 years.”[a]
4. During this time and also later, the Nephilim people lived in the land. They have been famous as powerful soldiers since ancient times.

5. The Lord saw that the people on the earth were very evil. He saw that they thought only about evil things all the time.
6. The Lord was sorry that he had made people on the earth. It made him very sad in his heart.
7. So the Lord said, “I will destroy all the people I created on the earth. I will destroy every person and every animal and everything that crawls on the earth. And I will destroy all the birds in the air, because I am sorry that I have made them.”
8. But Noah pleased the Lord.
9. This is the history of Noah’s family. He was a good(Righteous) man all his life, and he always followed God.
10. Noah had three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
In the passage, you are told that God was not pleased with the people on the earth, and sort to destroy them. Then later, you are told that God was pleased with one man called Noah, whom the writer adds lived a righteous existence all of His life. From that, we know that the reason why God, who was displeased with all the others, was pleased only in Noah was that Noah lived a righteous existence apart from the others. undecided
What is so hard to comprehend in that? undecided
Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by LisaAnneMia: 9:27pm On Apr 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Then how did you know that Adam was the first man? Was it not the second in Chapter 2 verse 7 and 20 which Explained Chapter 1 verse 26, which was First?

Yet you chose to accuse me of twisting when it is plain for all to see The Truth, if they want!

Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?

2 He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart. Psalm 15

Seven things doth The Lord Hate and "A Lying tongue" is Certainly One Of them!
And you still can't see with the verses you quoted that the first always paves way for the second to be explained? Noah found grace and then he became righteous in God's eyes. The grace of God provided Noah with the opportunity to escape what befell the earth. And about Genesis, isn't that the detailed information of what happened on the sixth day in chapter 1? Just like the rivers in chapter 2. Weren't everything already created in chapter 1 before God rested? Weren't the details of what happened in chapter 1 explained in chapter 2?

Even during examination, lecturers will tell you to list first and then explain after.

And thank God man doesn't own the keys to God's mind or heart to know who's lying and who'll go to hell.
Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by Kobojunkiee: 9:36pm On Apr 14, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
And you still can't see with the verses you quoted that the first always paves way for the second to be explained? Noah found grace and then he became righteous in God's eyes.
That is a boldfaced lie you tell there and I am sure you know it!undecided
LisaAnneMia:
The grace of God provided Noah with the opportunity to escape what befell the earth. And about Genesis, isn't that the detailed information of what happened on the sixth day in chapter 1? Just like the rivers in chapter 2. Weren't everything already created in chapter 1 before God rested? Weren't the details of what happened in chapter 1 explained in chapter 2?

Even during examination, lecturers will tell you to list first and then explain after.

And thank God man doesn't own the keys to God's mind or heart to know who's lying and who'll go to hell.
Stop twisting yourself into bundles to create this gospel of yours. Do you know that God does not lie at all... man lies. There cannot exist 2 versions of the truth... there is ever only one. Any other information that does not conform to the Truth is a lie! undecided
Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:20pm On Apr 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Why are you Angry? What have I said that should draw your anger? Or is it because you perceive you are Wrong?

Whenever I see A Wrong I Must Condemn it and of course ready to contend against it.

There is Nothing like Old and New Testament rather it is a Re-Presentation and A Renewal of the Grace to Escape the Anger of The Lord, if man wants!

God is Always the same and the same means Nothing about Him will change whether Goodness or Grace or Mercy or Law; None of them will ever change and they did not.

So No man has a Right to Change what God has Clearly Said He will Never Change.

No, Same Testament with the Only Difference being that the Present hearers No Longer knew what great things God has done, since Israel Put Away God's Grace of Law and did evil perpetually from the Beginning!

And you all still do not appreciate it!

The Name and Person Jesus Christ is A Greater Moses Plus Prophets (as Proven by the Transfiguration) Come Again to take us out of the Bondage of Death as Moses Did
(And Moses and Law Are Inseparable for remember Moses was Lawyer being a Levite) and To Warn us of Impending Doom/Destruction as the Prophets Did Verily warn Isreal!
It's obvious you're just here to argue unnecessarily and join issues with unfounded preconceptions of your own imaginations, otherwise what's angry about my response to you or that it speaks nothing but the glaring Truth?

If you don't know that Jesus came with something greater, bigger, better than what already was before Him, then I don't know what else you know because that's about as basic a knowledge as it could possibly get with any follower of Jesus including the false ones.

Luke 7:28

For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.

Matthew 12:6

But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.

This is why the righteous before Him desired to see and hear what the disciples saw and heard, because it was greater, bigger, better than what they had.

So please stop this unnecessary argument. It's so uncalled for.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by Dtruthspeaker: 10:36pm On Apr 14, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
And you still can't see with the verses you quoted that the first always paves way for the second to be explained?

Yet you do not say man and woman was made before Adam, "as the first always paves way for the second, to be explained" you clearly say Adam was the first man, which explains the first that "male and female created He them", without dispute.
Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by LisaAnneMia: 10:41pm On Apr 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Yet you do not say man and woman was made before Adam, "as the first always paves way for the second, to be explained" you clearly say Adam was the first man, which explains the first that "male and female created He them", without dispute.

So the man and the woman wasn't Adam and Eve? I don't understand u
Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by Dtruthspeaker: 10:58pm On Apr 14, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
It's obvious you're just here to argue unnecessarily and join issues with unfounded preconceptions of your own imaginations, otherwise what's angry about my response to you or that it speaks nothing but the glaring Truth?

I have seen my brother do wrong and I have corrected him and he could not answer rather, he complains that I dared to correct him.

I have fulfilled my duty owed both to God and to my fellow man, your bed, your lay!

jesusjnr2020:

If you don't know that Jesus came with something greater, bigger, better than what already was before Him, then I don't know what else you know because that's about as basic a knowledge as it could possibly get with any follower of Jesus including the false ones...

Change of Post!

The contention is not Truly About What The Lord Jesus Christ came to accomplish but whether God's Grace has Ever Altered or Changed, to which I Answered that "I Changeth Not" means Nothing About God Changes,

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, but you oh man are trying to change what God has Set, forgetting that He Clearly Said "My Words are EVERLASTING!"

Which means they Never Change, They Never Lose Power, They Never Stop Being His Word!
Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by Dtruthspeaker: 11:08pm On Apr 14, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
So the man and the woman wasn't Adam and Eve? I don't understand u

Is it not because the latter, Chapter 2 explained the earlier information in Chapter 1, in which you knew that the male, Adam, was created FIRST, then the female, Eve came next?
Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by LisaAnneMia: 11:29pm On Apr 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Is it not because the latter, Chapter 2 explained the earlier information in Chapter 1, in which you knew that the male, Adam, was created FIRST, then the female, Eve came next?

Chapter 2 is a result of chapter 1 in Genesis. Noah's righteousness is a result of him finding grace in God's eyes.
Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by Dtruthspeaker: 11:49pm On Apr 14, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
Chapter 2 is a result of chapter 1 in Genesis. Noah's righteousness is a result of him finding grace in God's eyes.

At the bolded, in other words Chapter 1 caused chapter 2.

Therefore, by your statement above, you say Chapter 1 gave birth to Chapter 2 meaning, God created male and female man where God Again, in Chapter 2 "formed Another man from the dust of the ground" (verse 7) Adam and Another female obtained from Adam's rib, which clearly means Adam is not the first man but the Second, the male in chapter 1, is the first man!

And No one knows what happened to that male and female in chapter 1!!

Does that make any good sense, most especially as you accepted that Adam was the first man, which you obtained from Chapter 2 not chapter 1?

You are being fraudulent oh!
Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:04am On Apr 15, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I have seen my brother do wrong and I have corrected him and he could not answer rather, he complains that I dared to correct him.

I have fulfilled my duty owed both to God and to my fellow man, your bed, your lay!

Change of Post!

The contention is not Truly About What The Lord Jesus Christ came to accomplish but whether God's Grace has Ever Altered or Changed, to which I Answered that "I Changeth Not" means Nothing About God Changes,

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, but you oh man are trying to change what God has Set, forgetting that He Clearly Said "My Words are EVERLASTING!"

Which means they Never Change, They Never Lose Power, They Never Stop Being His Word!
It's a shame that you're so desperate to correct someone else when you have not even corrected yourself...

It's really embarrassing that you've chosen to still continue with this blind argument. You can't even see how much you're contradicting yourself.

You believe Jesus came with something greater, bigger, and better than what was prior to that, and yet blindly arguing that it (God's grace) which He brought with Him wasn't an upgrade to what was beforehand.

Do not be in a hurry to correct someone next time but take your time first to see if it's necessary to do so, so that you'd not end up correcting the Truth.

I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by Dtruthspeaker: 12:13am On Apr 15, 2021
LisaAnneMia:

I just even saw this!

LisaAnneMia:

"Weren't the details of what happened in chapter 1 explained in chapter 2?"

Now the Truth in your soul came out and Admitted what I had Clearly Stated which you wrongly accused me of doing as though it were Not True, for you said

LisaAnneMia:
You're using the second to explain the first. It's always the first that gives way to the second. That's why "first" is before "second". .

Which I never denied but now the Truth in your soul has Admitted this very same Truth which I said earlier!
Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by Dtruthspeaker: 12:30am On Apr 15, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
It's a shame that you're so desperate to correct someone else when you have not even corrected yourself...

Stop being fraudulent! you gave no correction rather I Accused you of Wrong Doctrine and you sought to defend yourself but you could not successfully do so.

Following your failure to defend your belief, I ceased accusation but rather raised my hands to God in innocency and goodwill and dropped a little counsel.

Now you ad hominem me! I'll take it!

However, the Records here clearly show that it is you who FIRST said a wrong thing to which I and anyone here had a Right to Correct and Set Aright in the absence of a Valid Rebuttal!

So Personally Attacking me is Not A Rebuttal rather it PROVES HOW COMPLETELY WRONG YOU ARE, THAT YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO DEFEND YOUR POSITION!

YOU CLEARLY SHOW AND PROVE THAT, THAT POSITION IS INDEFENSIBLE!

A Simple "I'll look into it" even if you would not is a wiser shame avoidance act than attempting to Tu quoque/Ad hominem me!
Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by LisaAnneMia: 8:47am On Apr 15, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

At the bolded, in other words Chapter 1 caused chapter 2.

Therefore, by your statement above, you say Chapter 1 gave birth to Chapter 2 meaning, God created male and female man where God Again, in Chapter 2 "formed Another man from the dust of the ground" (verse 7) Adam and Another female obtained from Adam's rib, which clearly means Adam is not the first man but the Second, the male in chapter 1, is the first man!

And No one knows what happened to that male and female in chapter 1!!

Does that make any good sense, most especially as you accepted that Adam was the first man, which you obtained from Chapter 2 not chapter 1?

You are being fraudulent oh!

cheesy Fraudulent? you're saying Adam and Eve weren't the male and female created in chapter 1?
Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by LisaAnneMia: 8:53am On Apr 15, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I just even saw this!

Now the Truth in your soul came out and Admitted what I had Clearly Stated which you wrongly accused me of doing as though it were Not True, for you said

Which I never denied but now the Truth in your soul has Admitted this very same Truth which I said earlier!
Nah, u said Noah's righteousness caused him to have grace in God's eyes. And I said the grace that Noah found was the reason he was seen as righteous. You see the twist here?
Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by Dtruthspeaker: 9:37am On Apr 15, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
Nah, u said Noah's righteousness caused him to have grace in God's eyes. And I said the grace that Noah found was the reason he was seen as righteous. You see the twist here?

Good! Now, it is Settled that Just like Genesis Chapter 2 Explains and Gives more information about what was reported in Chapter 1, "verse 9 of Genesis 6 Explainss Why Noah got God's Grace".

In fact Verse 12 and 13 Clearly Captures Everything.

I know you know all this now but your desire to do no righteousness or your desire to not use your own strength to willfully do only right and good things fuels you.

Note: Noah is not the Owner and Originator of Righteousness, so it is not "Noah's Righteousness" but that Noah was not Corrupt Before God, Did No Violence, was Fair (Just) and Perfect which things are Always Right and Good (Righteousness or Rightness)
Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by LisaAnneMia: 9:48am On Apr 15, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Good! Now, it is Settled that Just like Genesis Chapter 2 Explains and Gives more information about what was reported in Chapter 1, "verse 9 of Genesis 6 Explainss Why Noah got God's Grace".

In fact Verse 12 and 13 Clearly Captures Everything.

I know you know all this now but your desire to do no righteousness or your desire to not use your own strength to willfully do only right and good things fuels you.

Note: Noah is not the Owner and Originator of Righteousness, so it is not "Noah's Righteousness" but that Noah was not Corrupt Before God, Did No Violence, was Fair (Just) and Perfect which things are Always Right and Good (Righteousness or Rightness)
Again, we keep saying two different things. Genesis 2 was a result of what happened in Genesis 1... meaning Genesis 1 birthed Genesis 2. Same goes with Noah's righteousness. His righteousness was a result of him finding grace in God's eyes... meaning grace birthed righteousness. Not righteousness birthing grace.

See it's fine you don't believe so. We've been going round and round since and it's become boring already. Take care wink
Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by Dtruthspeaker: 10:31am On Apr 15, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
Again, we keep saying two different things. Genesis 2 was a result of what happened in Genesis 1... meaning Genesis 1 birthed Genesis 2. Same goes with Noah's righteousness. His righteousness was a result of him finding grace in God's eyes... meaning grace birthed righteousness. Not righteousness birthing grace.

See it's fine you don't believe so. We've been going round and round since and it's become boring already. Take care wink

Seeing that you have entered another dead end and can not properly proceed, you have flipped again to your earlier wrong full position which you abandoned when it dead ended, the first time, hence you have begun Running in Circles, thus Proving the Truth of what I accused you of, which is "you Truly desire to Not Do righteousness Neither do you desire use your own strength to willfully and intentionally and deliberately Do Only the Right And Good Things!
Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by LisaAnneMia: 10:40am On Apr 15, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Seeing that you have entered another dead end and can not properly proceed, you have flipped again to your earlier wrong full position which you abandoned when it dead ended, the first time, hence you have begun Running in Circles, thus Proving the Truth of what I accused you of, which is "you Truly desire to Not Do righteousness Neither do you desire use your own strength to willfully and intentionally and deliberately Do Only the Right And Good Things!

cheesy cheesy If you say so...see you in another thread wink
Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by Dtruthspeaker: 11:58am On Apr 15, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
cheesy cheesy If you say so...see you in another thread wink

grin There must be an end to disputes! We'll definitely meet again in another thread! grin
Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by LisaAnneMia: 1:33pm On Apr 15, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin There must be an end to disputes! We'll definitely meet again in another thread! grin
tongue tongue

Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:03am On Apr 16, 2021
Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:51pm On Apr 16, 2021
Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:17pm On Apr 17, 2021
Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:07pm On Apr 18, 2021
Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:33am On Apr 20, 2021
Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:20pm On Apr 20, 2021
Re: The Era Of The Law Was Also Era Of Grace: "But Noah Found Grace In God's Eyes" by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:50am On Apr 23, 2021

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It A Sin For A Woman To Teach Man The Word Of God / Daviad Ibiyomie Weepped Very Sadly For TB Joshua (watch Video) / Fasting In Islam: What Kind Of Fasting Allows You To Kiss?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.