Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,306 members, 7,839,489 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security (12654 Views)

Jonathan Suspends Permanent Secretary / Jonathan Suspends Inauguration Of Presidential Campaign Committee / Jonathan Suspends Allocation Of Oil Blocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Mobinga: 9:27pm On Apr 19, 2011
nagoma:

Governance made easy;

Q1. If a Nigerian air force pilot defected to  Cameroon with our MIG fighter which minister should be sacked?

a) The minister of aviation as he went away by air?
b) The minister of defense as this is military matter ?
c). The minister of foreign affairs as the offender is now outside the country?
c)  The minister of interior as this is an immigration issue?

The defence minister! Or the dude in charge of the airforce, Air Vice Marshall. Petinrin?
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by OmoTier1(m): 9:34pm On Apr 19, 2011
vicenzo:

Stop being silly,he replaced him with another igbo man named EMEKA WOGU.
haha another dying Igbo man that would never make the next cabinet.

Same failure that could not handle the series of labour strikes that left some of the critical sector in commatose! Or wasnt the same emeka the current finance minister said was clueless about how to regenerate the nigerian work force when he visited the Apapa port terminal sometime last year?

Or is this not the same emeka that could not handle serious issue as the new minimum wage with lies continually being told to the hungry looking nigeria CIVIL SERVANTS?

If Mr. Jonny truly knows what government is all about, i guess he should have realized that few weeks before and after presidential elections, all the ministers are put on pause mode, and those in the civil service of the federation takes charge of the day to day activities of the different MDAs while He as the president forms a small transition team to help him manage the country and also asist him in futher scrutnizing the frame work he developed (prior to the elections) for delivering his manifestos.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by tyson55(m): 9:35pm On Apr 19, 2011
One down, Many more to go. Next!
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 19, 2011
@topic

Good move, but thats not enough. Those nigerin Jihadists must be brought to book.

The news has been on air for sometime now. . . . but I only got to think about the zone he came from after I logged on and read some bigoted comments on Nairaland this night.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by rasqman: 10:03pm On Apr 19, 2011
The is not about the unrest in the North but rather about local politics of Imo State.

Ihenacho fell out of favour just because of his rift with Amb. Kema Chikwe, PDP Senatorial Candidate in Imo.

He was alleged to have worked for APGA candidate to win the NASS election.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by 3dhunter(m): 10:21pm On Apr 19, 2011
Let the truth be told: Kema Chikwe who has done nothing for her people in 12 years. Aviation minister and Imo airport is still in shambles, an eyesore. Capt Iheanacho has done more for his people in 11 months than She has done in 12 years
IF THE PRESIDENT WOULD SUSPEND A MAN THAT IS LIKED BY HIS PEOPLE FOR THE SAKE OF A WOMAN DISLIKED BY HER PEOPLE, THEN WELCOME TO 4 YEARS OF ,
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by SamOgasco(m): 10:26pm On Apr 19, 2011
Anyway, don't be and I won't be surprise if Bode Gorge was nominated by Bro.GEJ as one of his Ministers, nor Chief Adviser, even as Nigeria Ambassador to Republic of Biafra to be. Let alone OBJ dauther, plus the Speaker of National House of Assembly in person of IOB and DB. Abi kilo feel? I still dey laugh oooooo,
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by zinzi: 10:29pm On Apr 19, 2011
ohakim did not deliver imo state, infact he will like 2 use gej"s coat tail 2 win govt election. if u were in imo state u whould have known dat d massive support 4 gej was due 2 d common man"s effort and community effort and also 4 gej not pdp. in my community dey loath ohakim and pdp but dey voted massively 4 gej, and its also not cos of ohaneze,
if sacking d man is d solution i support it cos when d mob comes all southerner including muslims 4rm d sw are all victims
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by HARDDON: 10:52pm On Apr 19, 2011
ride big Jay
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by onome25(m): 11:15pm On Apr 19, 2011
our presido , may god guide u ooooooo.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by MaiSuya(m): 11:15pm On Apr 19, 2011
While we cannot discount d ethnic dimension to dis sack, d fact remains someone had 2 take heat for outcry dat greeted d violence which most observers believe shd not have gotten 2d level it did before it was contained.

I guess it was a tough choice for Gej given d support he got from d SE, but he had 2 act quickly and decisively. . .and he did.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by onome25(m): 11:28pm On Apr 19, 2011
it.s only in NL that people said all sort of nonesence.do u guy have RESPECT for ur parents @all?
Pls learn to RESPECT ur PRESIDENT .
Let me tell u, if the president is nt protected; even U here will be confused. Respect n not Disrespect.

Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by ektbear: 11:30pm On Apr 19, 2011
rasqman:

The is not about the unrest in the North but rather about local politics of Imo State.

Ihenacho fell out of favour just because of his rift with Amb. Kema Chikwe, PDP Senatorial Candidate in Imo.

He was alleged to have worked for APGA candidate to win the NASS election.
This is what I saw on another forum as well.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by 3dhunter(m): 11:45pm On Apr 19, 2011
Please those that want to know more about the unrest in the north, follow this link

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/apr/19/602.html

it is all about special task force, the military and the police. No mention of anything that links to the minister.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by luluosas(m): 11:56pm On Apr 19, 2011
If it is true that the minister was fired for his incompetence, then, the IGP, Minister of Police Affairs, DG SSS, NSA and Head, DMI must go. The lapses of the security apparatus must not rest squarely on Iheanacho alone. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Musiwa13: 12:38am On Apr 20, 2011
what are you people talking about jonathan is igbo like you
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by onome25(m): 1:11am On Apr 20, 2011
Presido, may GOD give u the wisdom to lead ur people Amen!!!

Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by onome25(m): 1:12am On Apr 20, 2011
Presido, may GOD give u the wisdom to lead ur people Amen!!!

Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by MaziUche0(m): 1:15am On Apr 20, 2011
I respect his decision. Incompetence should never be tolerated from anyone.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by adconline(m): 1:39am On Apr 20, 2011
[b]haha, the first igbo man has kissed the dust!
I HAVE ALWAYS SAID IT: IGBOS HAVE NO BUSINESS IN GOVERNMENT- they should stick to thier spare parts markets and Nollywood acting role they are known for! Governance in Nigeria is for the serious minded not for a people who gave Nigeria one to many Senate president within the space of 4 years! Yet they want to be president by 2015 - i dey laugh oh oh, '

oh by the way forget this initial grah grah from uncle Jonny, na today yansh dey back? We all know he is spinelesss and this is just a knee jerk reaction to a problem that goes beyond mere sacking of a minister who (going by the nigerian constitution) can not give orders to the IGP yet they want him to go quell angry moabs.

If Mr. Jonny wants to show us he is taking this issue serious, then put the minister for police affairs,NSA, IGP, Commandant civil defense corps, on immediate suspension and ask the head of military formations to take over matters of security in much of the northern states with a 24hrs patrol. This will send a signal to every region that the government of the day values every life in Nigeria and not just those of the PDP elites![/b]

What a display of idiocy
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by wealthnet: 2:11am On Apr 20, 2011
adconline:

[b]haha, the first igbo man has kissed the dust!
I HAVE ALWAYS SAID IT: IGBOS HAVE NO BUSINESS IN GOVERNMENT- they should stick to thier spare parts markets and Nollywood acting role they are known for! Governance in Nigeria is for the serious minded not for a people who gave Nigeria one to many Senate president within the space of 4 years! Yet they want to be president by 2015 - i dey laugh oh oh, '

oh by the way forget this initial grah grah from uncle Jonny, na today yansh dey back? We all know he is spinelesss and this is just a knee jerk reaction to a problem that goes beyond mere sacking of a minister who (going by the nigerian constitution) can not give orders to the IGP yet they want him to go quell angry moabs.

If Mr. Jonny wants to show us he is taking this issue serious, then put the minister for police affairs,NSA, IGP, Commandant civil defense corps, on immediate suspension and ask the head of military formations to take over matters of security in much of the northern states with a 24hrs patrol. This will send a signal to every region that the government of the day values every life in Nigeria and not just those of the PDP elites![/b]

What a display of idiocy

adconline, i agreed with you but let's see the formation of new cabinet after May 29, which will shows direction of GEJ govt. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by gadogado(m): 2:26am On Apr 20, 2011
There is no born to rule mentality, thats just what you southerners cooked up to rally yourselves against northern political forces. Lame! the riots happened because the election was rigged, goodluck did not get and could not get 40% of sokoto votes as the results showed!

Dont rig elections and there will be no violence! under ordinary circumstances, with no cheating, the election would go into a run off!!! not gej winning by over 10 million votes!! big lie!! rigging!!! you know it, the whole country knows the elections were rigged, northerners, if you heard what they were chanting, were aggrieved by the margin of loss not necessarily because gej "won" All the PDP knows is rigging! they're criminals and have no true legitimacy! if you recall in 1993, Kano people voted en mass for a southerner (MKO ABIOLA) over a son of the soil (Bashir Tofa)

in 1999, there was an agreement, saying power will rotate between north and south, it went to the north for 8 years and reciprocity and adherence to the agreement was naturally expected. It came back to the north, pres died in no time, then it was ok for the vp to continue, but naturally, the agreement should have stayed and gej step down for a northerner in 2011. But southerners said theres no agreement, which agreement, so this is now wayo!!! good and fine, lets have an honest election then, but no, they had to rig!

Most northerners want the country split in two, there's unity in the north and understanding! the only thing keeping southerners united in your hate for the north, if we break up, you'll swallow each other!! The northern elite who have hoarded all the money along with the southern elite are the only people "NIGERIA" is serving so they'll fight to keep the status quo, what average northerner smells oil money? pls tell me! when they're hungry so oil means jack, they couldn't be bothered since a split doesn't mean they lose anything, the only people that will lose are the less than 1000 individuals that make up the core of the northern elite, they all know each other and inter marry!!! get it straight people! I'm a northerner and I'd rather see the country broken up since it doesn't look like we can coexist as a united nation! many countries that have no oil are doing better than Nigeria anyway so oil is not a requisite for livelihood or even prosperity i dare to say, the north was doing fine pre oil before being inflicted with the dastardly dutch disease by the south!!

You can't keep to agreements and the cheat in elections!! so we might as well split! The condition being, for the sake of the history and the many positive effects we've had on each other (it hasn't all been negative hate) you allow us a port through dredging the Niger river and we'll be out of your skin in no time!! There's oil on the Nigerian side of lake Chad anyway since it exists on the Chadian side and the soil and geology is the same, it therefore must exist on the Nigerian side! politics won't let us be serious about exploration!!! But I'd love to split the country!!
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by PhysicsMHD(m): 2:34am On Apr 20, 2011
^^^^

Where was all this indignation when Obasanjo - who could not even win in his home state - was rigged in? The North was silent then.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Theblessed(f): 2:46am On Apr 20, 2011
[b][size=16pt]Incompetence, incompetence and more incompetence!!

Good, the President has started to cleanse our country - clearing out the loosing horses in his race.  But, how could a non-runner win a race? Naaah!!! I wonder!

It's time those in positions of authority should wake up and smell the coffee, by realising the time rats ran amok in the house because the cat was asleep, had gone for good.

It's time, Public servants in this country give Nigerians their money's worth, for we have been short-changed for too long, and our time has finally, come.  

Mr President, insist on accountability - make them account for every single hair on their heads then, they will understand, Nigeria's Public office is no longer free for all.  They took our office, and must give us account because we put them there, and can remove them at will. It's time they realise, who the BOSS is - We, the people!

My people, it's only in Africa that we see politicians act as if, public office is their personal property - power abuses of any kind, you name it, it's there! As if that's not enough, they even get paid handsomely,for doing nothing hence the non-stress, carefree and laissez faire attitudes among them all.  

You see, African politicians no, dey do stress o o! Abi?

Let them ask their counterparts in Europe, what it's like to be a politician over there, and get their responses - they would notice that they sweat for every penny they earn because, they have targets to achieve, and they must achieve it or they are out!

It's time African politicians in particular Nigerian ones, realise we (the people) are the BOSS and not them.

As this sacking wind begins to blow a bit harder, once few get sacked for incompetency and corruption, others will not only smarten up, but put on their thinking hats in terms of, hard work and developing creative ideas that would put our country in good stead and not 'Self'.

So Mr President, please leave those fingers on the red button as to give us back our country, for Nigerians deserve better.  

God bless Nigeria, my beautiful country!!!  kiss kiss kiss kiss  
[/size][/b]
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by nduchucks: 2:47am On Apr 20, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

^^^^

Where was all this indignation when Obasanjo - who could not even win in his home state - was rigged in? The North was silent then.

Sooner or later, the electorate must indicate that enough is enough, else the rigging will continue with impunity.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by PhysicsMHD(m): 2:52am On Apr 20, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Sooner or later, the electorate must indicate that enough is enough, else the rigging will continue with impunity.

Did the electorate - particularly that of the North - indicate that enough was enough after the much more heavily criticized 2007 elections that saw  the late Umaru Musa Yar'Adua into power? Where was the rioting, murder, and destruction then? Or does this kind of indignation only occur at certain specific times?  undecided
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by soldee: 2:55am On Apr 20, 2011
Hmmmm, Fresh administration, the igbos have the advantage. Hope they won't use it to bring down their kinsmen in govt like it was with a number of past Senate Presidents. Leadership advantage should stop resulting in the sacrifice of local perceived enemies. Ohakim has had his 1st wish from GEJ. Watch others make tangible requests.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by dempeople(m): 3:09am On Apr 20, 2011
Its not yet uhuru as I strongly think the removal of this Mr. Iheanacho was politically motivated rather than on the basis of incompetency. I'm closely watching you Mr. Presido. Let's see what happens in the few days to come. If it was all about politics in Imo state then indeed, thats a futuristic view of his administration as far such actions are concerned. By the way, how can GEJ handover the affairs of the most important ministry, to another minister where the permanent secretary of the interior ministry should have assumed a temporary role as minister?

I know he probably did that in other for such a removal, not raise eyebrows among Ndigbo. Only time will tell what he's upto.

We're indeed watching. The first episode has just been played out.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by JOS2010: 6:13am On Apr 20, 2011
Waoooo, this is a good start. I pray that God will help him (GEJ) to do the necessary clean-ups in Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by ziccoit: 6:19am On Apr 20, 2011
Hee! Hee!! Sorry, Mr Emmanuel Iheanacho, at least somebody must fall to safe Mr President's face before the gullible Nigerian populace after his display of gross incompetency to spring into action when it is matter.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by willdave: 7:06am On Apr 20, 2011
What a good way to start. I surport u Goodluck Jonathan. Please clean up very well.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by araba1(m): 7:34am On Apr 20, 2011
pls replace him with iyabo obasanjo

i dey laugh ooooooooooooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The World In 2050. Nigeria's GDP Projection / Osun SSG, Wole Oyebamiji tests positive for COVID-19 / Orji Kalu: Even Obasanjo Went To Prison; I’m Not Ashamed Of My Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.