Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,269 members, 7,839,350 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security (12653 Views)

Jonathan Suspends Permanent Secretary / Jonathan Suspends Inauguration Of Presidential Campaign Committee / Jonathan Suspends Allocation Of Oil Blocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by akinolasam: 7:57am On Apr 20, 2011
NAIRALANDERS, we should not let any man fool us. The president action is totally political.
The minister refused to deliver his senatorial seat to PDP, and was also seeing on the election day talking to some youth to vote for APGA against the PDP candidate (Chief (Mrs) Chikwe) because of some personal reasons.

^^^ Not they say. they say.
I was on the spot on the election day.

So more heads will still roll.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by reubeno(m): 8:07am On Apr 20, 2011
I laugh in swahili ooo
the main reason why Ihanacho was removed was because he ws involve in anti party activity, he campaigned for Chris Anyanwu of APGA who eventually clinched the Ticket for the owerri north Senatorial seat. More over is even popular than  Ikedi ohakim. lol 9ija  episode 1 scene 1,
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by doctorT(m): 8:12am On Apr 20, 2011
^^^^^^ More to come, the film just started,
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by deenee: 8:21am On Apr 20, 2011
Nigeria’s Eurobonds rose to a record high following the victory of incumbent President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan at the Saturday’s Presidential election.

Bloomberg said the dollar denominated bonds expected to mature by 2021 rose for a third day, gaining 0.3 per cent to 103.185 cents on the dollar in London Monday.

Data compiled by Bloomberg revealed that the value attained was the highest level since the debt was issued in January.

But it said that the yield of the $500 million Eurobond fell four basis points, or 0.04 percentage point, to 6.3 percent. The $500 million of bonds are Nigeria’s only international notes.

Jonathan won the poll with 22.5 million or 57 percent, of the total votes cast, compared with 12.2 million or 31 percent, which his closest rival; Gen. Muhammadu Buhari got, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had said. Violent protests in the north had led to the death of several people in the country.

London-based Head of Africa Research at Standard Chartered Bank Plc, Razia Khan was quoted to have said: “Investors are taking a measured view of the risk; the key is that given Jonathan’s victory oil output is unlikely to be under any threat. The protests were in the north and of course the oil comes from the delta and the delta is firmly in support of Jonathan.”

In a related development, analysts at Fitch Ratings, a global rating agency have expressed optimism that the successful outcome of the Presidential elections and an increase in oil savings are “promising” for the credit profile of the country.

Bloomberg also quoted a London-based Director at Fitch’s Sovereign Group,
Veronica Kalema, to have endorsed the outcome of the Presidential election.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jonathan-s-victory-nigeria-s-eurobond-hits-record-high/89957/

Kalema explained: “The credible elections are a real positive for Nigeria, their news about the excess crude account building up is encouraging. We would now need to see what the new government would do in implementing some reforms, which would shield the excess crude account from election cycles and would reform the sovereign- wealth fund.”

Fitch had lowered its outlook on Nigeria’s BB- rating to “negative” from “stable” on October 22 last year due to concerns that the nation was making withdrawals from the Excess Crude Account (ECA), a windfall saved when the price of crude goes above the benchmark used for the country’s budget, and foreign-currency reserves dropped.

THISDAY had on April 12, reported that the ECA rose to $6.9 billion in March from $3 billion in December.

“We are due to do a ratings visit around August, by then they will have had enough time to start implementing reforms. Then we will see what to do,” Kalema added. smiley smiley smiley smiley

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jonathan-s-victory-nigeria-s-eurobond-hits-record-high/89957/ smiley
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Biscute(f): 8:28am On Apr 20, 2011
This is welcome development.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by LilyZ(f): 8:29am On Apr 20, 2011
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by mbulela: 8:35am On Apr 20, 2011
I would have choked on my cereal if this man was sacked for ineptitude.
Alas, he was sacked for having a conscience and supporting the better candidate.
This is indeed FRESH AIR!!!
Interesting times.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by obongtunji: 9:07am On Apr 20, 2011
Gud start 4 gej
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by arogbowei: 9:16am On Apr 20, 2011
Hmn!!!!!!!!!!!, these are interesting times indeed. If the minister has a conscience the best thing to do is to resign and then support any candidate of his choice, rather than staying on the PDP and then undermining the party he swore to work for. No anti party activities please, he deserve what he got.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by nakoks(m): 9:26am On Apr 20, 2011
"What a good place to start the clean up, SE with their 99% votes for "darling" GEJ. I pray he has the gut to continue doing the right thing no matter whose horse is gored."

Abeg make una help me shey na horse abi na ox dem dey gore??

I hate to dey hear bad english pls remii no mislead learners

THANK YOU
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by maclatunji: 9:30am On Apr 20, 2011
Some of these GEJ supporters are just blinded by God-knows-what. If the President wants to punish his officials for not preventing the immediate violent response in the North. The first people on the list would be the Inspector General of Police and the SSS Chief. There is no doubt about it, the Minister of Interior is just being used as a scape-goat and the violence in the North is just an excuse for whatever the real reasons for the minister's suspension are.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by omogidi234(m): 9:48am On Apr 20, 2011
@ Seun,

Please note that Civil Defence is not empowered to carry firearm. How do you expect them to curb post election violence without rubber bullet (or live bullet for self defence), tear gas, water, baton etc? Again, do you expect the Interior Minister to instruct them to go and curb the riot in the North unarmed?

In between, please can you read up on the duties of the Nigerian Police, Armed Forces, NIA etc and educate us just as you have done for Civil Defence.

Best regards.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by vinooh: 9:53am On Apr 20, 2011
willdave:

What a good way to start. I surport u Goodluck Jonathan. Please clean up very well.
JOS_2010:

Waoooo, this is a good start. I pray that God will help him (GEJ) to do the necessary clean-ups in Nigeria.
pls use ur brain ok GEJ is about to misuse his power
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Orikinla(m): 9:57am On Apr 20, 2011
Now all the dumb intellectual morons and dumb political zombies who voted for their equally dumb President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan should not complain of his dumb suspension of the innocent minister. Mr. Jonathan is just looking for a political scape goat from the same dumb Igbos who voted for him. Now you can see why the South East and South South states are so backward, because the dumb politicians rule their dumb masses in the People's Dumb Party (PDP). A government of the dumb by the dumb for the dumb. Did you know how long it took Mr. Jonathan to get his Ph.D whilst studying for it? And his dumb wife can't read. As I told you before, this is your tragedy. Deal with it dumb ass!
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 10:25am On Apr 20, 2011
Nairalanders do we have to blame GEJ for this,i dont think so and am really disappointed checking the reply of some nairalanders on this move.well sha.everybody is free to make his or her opinion,and the way i see things may be different from the way another person reason, but there is a place of common sense.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 10:28am On Apr 20, 2011
Nairalanders do we have to blame GEJ for this,i dont think so and am really disappointed checking the reply of some nairalanders on this move.well sha.everybody is free to make his or her opinion,and the way i see things may be different from the way another person reason, but there is a place of common sense.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Stevogue(m): 10:31am On Apr 20, 2011
@@@@@@@It pains me to say this, but for the first time  I am inclined to agree  with Tinubu that Jonathan is an unstable fisherman! Please tell the president that no one runs the government by appeasement or settlement. He cannot reward Ohakim with the sack of the minister because Ohakim claims to have delivered him 98% in Imo. A bogus claim! On 4 occasions since the minister was appointed, Gov. Ikedi Ohakim has lobbied for his removal. Just last week, at the tarmac of the Sam Mbakwe airport, Owerri, while Jonathan was on his way to Abia state, Ikedi pressured for the sack of the minister whose only crime was that he believed Jonathan’s neutrality mantra in the polls and thus pursued it with religious vigour by refusing to tilt in favour of the PDP in the discharge of his duty.

Let Jonathan list the misdeed or so called lapses of the minister and subject it to public scrutiny. If we have not overestimated the competence of Mr President, he should recall that it was still under his watch that same Ohakim led some booth-licking politicians like I Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu and a handful of hungry monarchs to Aso Rock just to tell him to sack his then minister for Commerce, Chief Achike Udenwa. Not too long ago, Ohakim had prevailed on the idle Imo state house of assembly in the "absence" of worthwhile ventures, to move a motion urging Jonathan to sack the minister for interior. The plots have failed until after Tuesday night when Ohakim cancelled all his appointments in Imo state to celebrate the Presidents victory át the villa. Like Herod and the head of John the Baptist, Jonathan rewarded Ikedi Ohakim with the 'head' of Iheanacho. President Goodluck Jonathan would have to tell Nigerians actually why he sacked him. He needn't make a fall guy out of Iheanacho to satisfy a power-mongering clique in Imo state!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I sincerely hope this is not the shape of things to come!
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Remiuc: 10:39am On Apr 20, 2011
bravo mr. president!  yes continue to fish-out bad eggs that discredit this nation.  you have been given the mandate to reposition this country for good.  keep it up, god is with you.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by omo9ja1(m): 10:41am On Apr 20, 2011
haha I dey laugh - who is next to be fired!!
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by mbulela: 10:56am On Apr 20, 2011
Stevogue:

@@@@@@@It pains me to say this, but for the first time I am inclined to agree with Tinubu that Jonathan is an unstable fisherman! Please tell the president that no one runs the government by appeasement or settlement. He cannot reward Ohakim with the sack of the minister because Ohakim claims to have delivered him 98% in Imo. A bogus claim! On 4 occasions since the minister was appointed, Gov. Ikedi Ohakim has lobbied for his removal. Just last week, at the tarmac of the Sam Mbakwe airport, Owerri, while Jonathan was on his way to Abia state, Ikedi pressured for the sack of the minister whose only crime was that he believed Jonathan’s neutrality mantra in the polls and thus pursued it with religious vigour by refusing to tilt in favour of the PDP in the discharge of his duty.

Let Jonathan list the misdeed or so called lapses of the minister and subject it to public scrutiny. If we have not overestimated the competence of Mr President, he should recall that it was still under his watch that same Ohakim led some booth-licking politicians like I Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu and a handful of hungry monarchs to Aso Rock just to tell him to sack his then minister for Commerce, Chief Achike Udenwa. Not too long ago, Ohakim had prevailed on the idle Imo state house of assembly in the "absence" of worthwhile ventures, to move a motion urging Jonathan to sack the minister for interior. The plots have failed until after Tuesday night when Ohakim cancelled all his appointments in Imo state to celebrate the Presidents victory át the villa. Like Herod and the head of John the Baptist, Jonathan rewarded Ikedi Ohakim with the 'head' of Iheanacho. President Goodluck Jonathan would have to tell Nigerians actually why he sacked him. He needn't make a fall guy out of Iheanacho to satisfy a power-mongering clique in Imo state!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I sincerely hope this is not the shape of things to come!

you are wasting your bandwidth.
what do you expect when you have a fraudster as a governor?
Every time i see that CNN advert, my belly churns.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Kenyy: 11:01am On Apr 20, 2011
Orikinla:

Now all the dumb intellectual morons and dumb political zombies who voted for their equally dumb President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan should not complain of his dumb suspension of the innocent minister. Mr. Jonathan is just looking for a political scape goat from the same dumb Igbos who voted for him. Now you can see why the South East and South South states are so backward, because the dumb politicians rule their dumb masses in the People's Dumb Party (PDP). A government of the dumb by the dumb for the dumb. Did you know how long it took Mr. Jonathan to get his Ph.D whilst studying for it? And his dumb wife can't read. As I told you before, this is your tragedy. Deal with it dumb backside!
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by obongtunji: 11:20am On Apr 20, 2011
Now all the dumb intellectual morons and dumb political zombies who voted for their equally dumb President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan should not complain of his dumb suspension of the innocent minister. Mr. Jonathan is just looking for a political scape goat from the same dumb Igbos who voted for him. Now you can see why the South East and South South states are so backward, because the dumb politicians rule their dumb masses in the People's Dumb Party (PDP). A government of the dumb by the dumb for the dumb. Did you know how long it took Mr. Jonathan to get his Ph.D whilst studying for it? And his dumb wife can't read. As I told you before, this is your tragedy. Deal with it dumb backside!
[color=#770077][color=#000099]
[/color][/color]

I THINK YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR SENSES. HE TOOK A DECISION AS A MAN AND YOU ARE HERE OPENING YOUR MOUTH TO SAY RUBBISH. IN RESPECTIVE OF WHO VOTED FOR HIM, HE HAS TO DO HIS WORK. THIS EVEN HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHERE THE MINISTER HAIL FROM. IF IT WERE TO BE YORUBA MAN HE WOULD HAVE STILL DO THE SAME. ANTI-GEJ CANT YOU REASON WITH YOUR HEAD FOR ONCE, PLS STOP THINKING FROM YOUR ANUS.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by adconline(m): 11:22am On Apr 20, 2011
There is no born to rule mentality, thats just what you southerners cooked up to rally yourselves against northern political forces. Lame! the riots happened because the election was rigged, goodluck did not get and could not get 40% of sokoto votes as the results showed!

Where was ur anger when Yar'dua was rigged into office by PDP and co? This  past presidential election was much better that the one that brought in Yar'dua. You are creating an illusion of rigging without any hard evidence.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by fxtopedia(m): 11:31am On Apr 20, 2011
Jona who? Misuse of power!
IGP&SSS where are they?
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Kenyy: 11:38am On Apr 20, 2011
fxtopedia:

IGP&SSS where are they?
Under the PDP umbrella protecting the National Cake.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by omogidi234(m): 11:41am On Apr 20, 2011
Orikinla:

Please easy oh!
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by adconline(m): 11:42am On Apr 20, 2011

You are delusionary deranged. Nigerians voted. Yes, even  south westerners voted for JEG. You and you ilk are really the dumb ones. You thought that Buhari would win by hoping for northern votes without doing any ground work in any other region of the country. A lazy politician who changes platform every four years to contest for presidential election. Imagine if he used those wasted 12 years to build strong political base and following.His party's performance at NASS election was a prelude to his humiliating defeat. BTW, he got more votes than he did under OBJ, a fellow soldier.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by sammhi(m): 11:42am On Apr 20, 2011
most people on this tread show a lot of ignorance. the interior minister is not responsible for having advance knowledge of  riots or the sorts. it is the duty of SSS, DMI, NSA and the police. these are the guys that should get the boot.
GEJ should stand up and be a man lest he goes the way of Agunyi -Ironsi.
for those that dont know :The interio minister was sacked for anti party (ANTI PDP)activities. period . Not anything to do with the riots
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Jarus(m): 11:43am On Apr 20, 2011
Even before I got full reports in papers today, when I saw the reasons put up there for teh sack, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I have read so many ridiculous comments, especially in teh early pages of this thread.
How on earth can some people believe that the 'Minsiter for Interior' is teh right person to sack when violence breaks out in a section of the country, when we have IG, NSA, CDS etc? That's one of the most ridiculous things I have read from otherwise informed Nairalanders.

The minister was sacked for anti-party activities, pure and simple, not because he did not perform his statutory duties. I thought anti-party activities should only call for sack of the party member by the party, not from the cabinet, if actually teh President is not that of PDP but of Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Tokotaya: 11:46am On Apr 20, 2011
If this was done to show the cabinet that non-performance has consequences, I'm all in support. At least, that would show that GEJ may have a backbone afterall. But it would seem the jury is still out on this, especially with talk that the chap was sacrificed to please Ohakim. We'll get to know the truth in due course.
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Asobank: 12:02pm On Apr 20, 2011
Mr President, do whatever legitimate thing it will take 2 get Nigeria 2 work. The people who voted U are solidly behind U. NO SHAKES!
Re: Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security by Kx: 12:19pm On Apr 20, 2011
Buhari was quoted as saying "Inec computers were programmed to rig in favor of GEJ"

GEJ was noted to have sacked interior minister on the basis of post election violence, instead of sacking IGP, Chief security adviser etc. when it is clear the move was politically motivated.

Are we in 1511 or 2011?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Show Me All Your Infrastructural Developments In Your State / Neo-colonialism In Nigeria, Why Nigeria Is Rich, But Many Nigerians Are Poor / Bode George: 'Oshiomhole's Utterances Capable Of Setting Nigeria On Fire'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.