Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 (20825 Views)

Senators Exchange Blows As Biafra Mentioned / Drama As Biafra Agitators Take On Buhari At His Hotel In London / Catholic Priest Emerges Biafra-INEC Chairman, As Biafra Plans Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Xris74: 7:33pm On Aug 07, 2007
Regretably, Ono is a lost cause, He is beyond redemption. He lives, sleeps and dreams oil. Hence, his head became blocked with the same resource.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by grafikdon: 8:13pm On Aug 07, 2007
Well those of you who types in this thread, what is all the noises all about? Mgbo Babyosis and Xris74? Why is two of you attacking Ono? Better not correct my grammar because you is nobody! Please don't try me, I is serious!!! angry grin
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Xris74: 8:15pm On Aug 07, 2007
Lol grin
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by grafikdon: 8:21pm On Aug 07, 2007
Xris74:

Lol grin

I warned you! Those of you who corrects people! All of you is nothing! grin
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by doyin13(m): 8:24pm On Aug 07, 2007
@Xris

If you suggest another reason worth 4billion dollars per annum why we should disregard oil, then you might have something on Ono
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by laudate: 8:44pm On Aug 07, 2007
doyin13:

@Xris

If you suggest another reason worth 4billion dollars per annum why we should disregard oil, then you might have something on Ono

Ah, finally. . . . .here comes a voice of reason!! Thank you for your suggestion, doyin13. Even though I do not share Ono's attachment to oil, I still belive we should focus on the issues instead of wasting time attacking one person. Now, let's get back on track! smiley
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Xris74: 8:52pm On Aug 07, 2007
Oil should be disregarded because it has brought Nigeria more evil than good.
It has made some of us lazy- the north and the NDs for instance.
It did bring about the unbridled corruption we currently experience
It has set communities against one another (Ijaw/ Itshekiri/ Urhobo; Eleme/ Okrika/; Ogoni/ Eleme, etc)
It has caused thousands of deaths due to thefts and subsequent explosions (these lives are worth more than 4 billions)
We have other avenues we can explore. Hundreds of other resources abound everywhere in the country.

When oil is disregarded, I will be willing to come back home and contribute my skills on the use of unknown (by Naija standard) renewable (emphasis on renewable) bioresources to create wealth.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by doyin13(m): 8:56pm On Aug 07, 2007
@Xris

But Ono is a Niger Deltan. This is the gift God endowed their land with.

Imagine telling a Saudi to not talk about oil.

Especially as he is being denied the benefits
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Xris74: 8:59pm On Aug 07, 2007
ND does not equate Nigeria. The earlier we seek other avenues, the better. Let everyone control their resources and let's see who can manage theirs better.

Somehow, I am also from ND (from an oil-producing community in Abia state), but I do not give a damn about the oil. This is because with a PhD in Biotechnology (in view), the sky is my limit, even in Nigeria. I know what to do with my skills.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 07, 2007
Mr Oil Man Ono. i happy sey Ibo people don giv u wetin u want. Na u and ur Papa dem dey spread hatred againt dey Ibos in Niger Delta. We de (Efik, Anang, ibibio) no de wit u. stay wit ur tribe and don't sey Niger delta. Ono, una don turn (baby snatcher),( Republik of Kidnappers). Na u and ur Papa dem, because of laziness and greedy stole Ibo people properties. no try turn Niger Delta against they Ibos. we no won follow una. Ono, u and ur fellow haters una bi Devil. Ibos don go on wit dem life and bounce back wit (20)pounds. Your Papa don sell the stolen IBO PROPERTY ,wetin he use the money do (drink OGOGORO). Make your tribe no dey give Niger delta bad name, we dey beg una. Talk 4 ur tribe only, not for Niger delta, please. (The LORD SAID, THOU SHALL NOT STEAL). Ono tell your Papa, tht the war is finished. they should return the stolen properties to the rightful owners.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by ono(m): 8:15am On Aug 08, 2007
Xris74:

Omg,

Now,  this Ono guy is a confirmed ignoramus. Hello Nairaland users, just type in uptenth (time) in google

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=uptenth+time&btnG=Search

and see how the word is used. Uptenth is one of the words beyond Ono's shallow comprehension. I am aware there is a word as umpteenth (time), but as a big boy in English Language and Ono's English teacher (lol), I am at liberty to decide which between the two words to use. The English language is evolving, such that the latest edition of the Webstar dictionary (best in the world, IMHO) has new English vocabularies. Pity, Ono knows nothing order than oil.

In any case, Ono, there is a difference between spelling errors and outright ignorance. And, the worst is failure to accept your mistakes when corrected. It is only a fool who does not know that he does not know

Only a recalcitrant fool will go very far to prove how foolish he is.

That link you have up there has further exposed where you went wrong, my friend! But I believe that you must have looked up that word (a typical mechanic village word) of yours in a dictionary by now and noticed that it's not there. Only a fool like yourself will google up a word and believe the meaning should be in there! Slimy retard! Olodo rapata, oju eja lo mo nje.

Google only helped to expose your type in other fora in the link provided. And even when grafikdon left you in your sinking boat, to cruise in a better ship, you still could not get the drift of his statement. What an interesting world we find ourselves in!

See, when elders are talking, you little children should just sit quietly somewhere and listen, learn and benefit.

Willywilly and babyosisi I should remind you, Uwazuruike is still in detention, while Asari is cruising at a higher altitude. Watch your tongue.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by doyin13(m): 8:21am On Aug 08, 2007
@ono

I don't know why you guys always stoop down to the level of tribalism when it comes to discussing these matters.

So what if Asari is released and Uwazuiruike is still in prison.

Is it meant to be some sort of badge of credit because the released man happens to come from your neck of da woods.

It is quite likely that one of the bullets of these militants that you so extol puts you in grave danger, and quite ironic that a Yoruba or Ibo doctor be the one that saves you.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by ono(m): 8:36am On Aug 08, 2007
Ehn, Doyin, please forgive me. I don't like violence of any sort. And if you have been following my entries on this thread, yourself and Laudate will agree with me that I meant no harm to anyone or tribe.

I just put things down the way I see it. But some fools here are hell bent on making us deviate from the main crux of this thread. I have tried (Laudate is my main witness) to calm frayed nerves and redirect our energy to something meaningful without success and even Mazi Ugwumba, whom I have great regard and respect for left us to continue wallowing in the hate that now permeates this thread.

Some people think they can attack my person and get away with it. People like the illiterates (Babyosisi, Xris74) and others before them. I just want to give them a piece of my mind before I refrain from contributing any further on the thread.

But I observe that I can have a meaningful discussion with you, Laudate and others. Maybe I should just hang around a bit longer to hear what you have to say.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Afam(m): 9:22am On Aug 08, 2007
I did state earlier that Laudate shares Ono's hatred by supporting (or not even seeing where Ono stated he wished the Igbos were all killed in the war according to him) him even though he doesn't want to say things that could be reproduced, hence his subtle support for the hatred Ono carries.

So, if a busy forum like this sees only Laudate supporting Ono and Ono in his wisdom believes every other person is against him because he is smart, factual or reasonable then there is a real problem with the man.

On english language sha, Ono's grammar are better than me but I will not allows that facts to bothers me at all because all finger are not equal.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by ono(m): 9:46am On Aug 08, 2007
I believe you don't expect any reply from me, Afam. Thanks.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Xris74: 12:04pm On Aug 08, 2007
ono:

I just put things down the way I see it. But some fools here are hell bent on making us deviate from the main crux of this thread. I have tried (.

Buhahaha! look who's talking, ONO the [b]knave
and half-baked oil bunkerer. This fool hasn't  yet buried his head in shame? Who wrote dictionaries? Egbesu gods? I have proved to you that uptenth is a commonly used word. That you have not heard it before now does not void that fact. And, I do not need a dictionary to write or speak English. I am way past that level. In your case, you could not differentiate between the use of KNOW and KNOWS. Something even an idiot can do. That makes you what? And you kept arguing like the ultra idiot you are.

Right below are some new corrections to what you wrote up there:

''I just put things down the way I see it. But some fools here are hell bent on making us deviate from the main crux of this thread''

Now, I will keep teaching you English grammar until your oil-clogged brain is unclogged. Firstly, you do not use things and it together. You either use things and them or the thing and it. Secondly, main and crux are the same and CANNOT be used together. It is an unforgivable tautology to do so. For example, you can say the crux of the matter or the main point of the matter; but never the main crux of the matter. I hope you get these into your thick skull.

Go back and read Grafikdon's posts. See how he mocks you and deservedly too.

Back to oil matters. When it finishes, educated illiterates like you will hang themselves from acute deprivation and poverty arising from their ill training, while people like us will feed your retarded lazy brain, clogged up with oil.

Now am I surprised? Isn't Dokubo the half-baked tout your idol? Knaves of like minds.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by ebos(m): 12:11pm On Aug 08, 2007
This thread could go all this long without me knowing! I will take my time and go through it before narrating the true story of the war. Some have said it all but there were more to it. I know I was in Port Harcourt and saw things by myself, the hatred against Igbos is so sad. All the lies about the war have been told, and some have believed it, even knowing exactly what went wrong. The injustice continue, a murderer was recently released and given a hero welcome, but Uwazurike, a non violent freedom fighter is still languishing in cell. You can’t push your fellow man to the wall and expect him to make a hole there and pass to the other side. No, is not possible, he will force himself back. Sooner or later, Igbos will bounce back fully. Just a matter of time. By releasing others and leaving Uwazurike behind, are they not telling us that arm struggle is the best language they can understand?
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by doyin13(m): 12:13pm On Aug 08, 2007
This is so much jokes.

I have lived in England for almost a decade now and I have never met any Englishman or woman argue over the ins and outs of their language.

On Nairaland it seems a daily occurence.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Xris74: 12:21pm On Aug 08, 2007
ONO: warning.

Every Igbo and Yoruba should beware of Ono and the particular immediate niche he represents (his family and relations). Certainly, his immediate niche is not the generality of Niger deltans (NDs), as he has been severally disowned by many NDs in the past. He has a history of envy, inadequacy and hatred against the Igbo and the Yoruba. His contributions in Nigeriavillagesquare speak volume about his inferiority complex. He is one inconsequential knave.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by doyin13(m): 12:34pm On Aug 08, 2007
Hello belligerent folks,

I want to hear your viewpoint on the abscence of the Biafra war in our curriculum.

I thought it disgraceful once, but after the divisiveness which it has raised in this forum, i am beginning to see the wisdom in the idea.

What do you guys think?
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by laudate: 1:05pm On Aug 08, 2007
Afam:

I did state earlier that Laudate shares Ono's hatred by supporting (or not even seeing where Ono stated he wished the Igbos were all killed in the war according to him) him even though he doesn't want to say things that could be reproduced, hence his subtle support for the hatred Ono carries.

So, if a busy forum like this sees only Laudate supporting Ono and Ono in his wisdom believes every other person is against him because he is smart, factual or reasonable then there is a real problem with the man.

On english language sha, Ono's grammar are better than me but I will not allows that facts to bothers me at all because all finger are not equal.

Afam, I used to have a lot of respect for your views but after what I just read here, am lost for words. I have simply lost all respect for anything you have said thus far, or any comments you might make from here onwards!!  angry

In what way does Laudate share Ono's hatred, please? Kindly state in black & white, the ways in which I have shared his hatred o! Since you are now psychic, please show the whole world the hatred that Laudate has expressed, and how it was done.

If Ono said he wished all Igbos were killed in the war, I must have missed it. Please post the link to that statement here, so that I can read it and pass my own comments.

I do not pass opinions on things I have not read, in black & white. It is dishonest to do so. To accuse me of hatred without proof, says a lot about your low grasp of issues and the prejudiced way you have chosen to approach things.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Xris74: 1:18pm On Aug 08, 2007
Afam:

On english language sha, Ono's grammar are better than me but I will not allows that facts to bothers me at all because all finger are not equal[/b].

Waoh! These (enboldened above) is a warning to ono. But he might thinks that you is commending him, as he thought of Grafikdon, since he do not understand stuff easily grin grin grin LMFAO
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Afam(m): 1:36pm On Aug 08, 2007
laudate:

Afam, I used to have a lot of respect for your views but after what I just read here, am lost for words. I have simply lost all respect for anything you have said thus far, or any comments you might make from here onwards!! angry

Feel free to lose all respect because I stated something about you that you obviously do not like. Not to worry, it is common with Nigerians, they are usually comfortable with things until it hits them and then they start reacting.

laudate:

In what way does Laudate share Ono's hatred, please? Kindly state in black & white, the ways in which I have shared his hatred o! Since you are now psychic, please show the whole world the hatred that Laudate has expressed, and how it was done.

Considering the fact that you seem to be the only one on this forum that did not see (abi missed out) Ono's statement about wishing all the Igbos were killed during the war (even when Ono later tried to apologize claiming annoyance or something) then it makes perfect sense to believe that it is either those portions of this thread are invisible to your eyes or that you have chosen to ignore them yet have the boldness to challenge people that Ono did not make such comments.

laudate:

If Ono said he wished all Igbos were killed in the war, I must have missed it. Please post the link to that statement here, so that I can read it and pass my own comments.

I do not pass opinions on things I have not read, in black & white. It is dishonest to do so. To accuse me of hatred without proof, says a lot about your low grasp of issues and the prejudiced way you have chosen to approach things.

Sorry, I shall not be searching for and posting the link to the area where such comments were made.

I don't need you to read it (again anyway because I believe there is no way anyone would have missed it) let alone pass your comments as the ones you have passed already is enough for me to know where you stand.

Xris74:

Waoh! These (enboldened above) is a warning to ono. But he might thinks that you is commending him, as he thought of Grafikdon, since he do not understand stuff easily grin grin grin LMFAO

Don't worries, I told him to told his friend not to came because Mohammed Ali have already won the fought.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by doyin13(m): 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2007
Lol

So Ono said that?

Men, you guys seem to get worked up over these things.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by grafikdon: 1:53pm On Aug 08, 2007
@ doyin13

A child on the mother's back does not understand the difficulties of a long journey. When someone continues to throw unnecessary jabs at your ethnic group for no apparent reason at the slightest opportunity , you are bound to dismiss that display of intolerance and malice with a wave of the hand, not minding your ethnic group had lived through several failed attempt at ethnic cleansing. When the same person boldly displays his fervent wish for the TOTAL ANNIHILATION of your ethnic group, I don't think you can wave it aside anymore. It doesn't sound like a joke to me. If somebody gets worked up over such putrid unguarded extremely derogatory comment against a group of people, I don't see why you should blame them, knowing fully well that the person spewing such hatred will have no problem translating the putrid hideous volition to actual deeds.

Tolerance is the only way forward, not masked hatred and misplaced aggression. It is not very difficult to live with each other in peace and harmony but some people would rather distance themselves from anything that might lead to peaceful co-existence. They resort to fanning the embers of discord,in the process they dismiss anyone that refuses to share their divisive destructive pro genocide ideologies. In their malice tainted minds, these people are fools and 'traitors' to the 'struggle'. There is an Igbo proverb which says that a child that deprives his mother of sleep shall not sleep, a man that hods another man on the ground is going to stay on the ground with him.

It shall be well.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by ono(m): 2:44pm On Aug 08, 2007
Once again, I'll draw the attention of the daft Xris74 to the usage of the words ''main and crux'' in the below links. Since he's narrow minded and only see issues in just one dimension, I'll take some time to let him in on how to view issues from different angles.

Now,
Main: This is an ADJECTIVE it means:  Chief in size, extent, or importance; principal. ''Main'' can be used as a noun also.
Crux: This is a NOUN, and it means: a vital, basic, decisive, or pivotal point.

See the links below:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/crux and http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/main

Now, from elementary grammar, an adjective modifies a noun; it adds more meaning to a noun. So ''main'' used in the context of the statement I made above only helped to emphasize the point - crux raised on this thread: The Biafran War.

So: Main crux simply means: important point - as we can easily infer from above.

On things and it, as used in the context of my statement above, you need to know that:

Things: NOUN means, strictly: matters; affairs;
It: PRONOUN applied in this context as an abstract idea previously stated:  

So, when I say ''I just put things down the way I see it'' = I just state my points (facts) the way I see it (this discussion).

Well, you need not worry, I don't expect you to understand. You can't even spell umpteenth, how on earth are you going to understand grammar?!
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 08, 2007
sleep dey catch me
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by ebos(m): 3:36pm On Aug 08, 2007
Ok Chief, this thread has turned into English Class. Oya, make una carry begin waka dey go for Classroom. We go pay una for the lectures.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Xris74: 3:40pm On Aug 08, 2007
This guy, Ono, is brain-dead and messed up real bad by oil. What to do? Give up on him?
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by ono(m): 4:00pm On Aug 08, 2007
@Doyin,

I believe Grafikdon is referring to this my post, which I made in a reply to McKren earlier on; but he's free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I have said it, at least on this thread, that we're not discussing Niger Delta here. There are several other threads you can latch up to and say whatever you like there.

Anyways, true, our forefathers sold their birthright. No doubt about that. But your forefathers, led you to a needless war, where you lost out woefully, with millions of your people killed like cockroaches and rats. But for the intervention of well meaning countries and individuals alike, your type and generation would not be here talking today. You probably would have been killed with your parents, while you're still in his prick or womb.

You come here to tell the world that you fought for dignity, pride and other bullcrap, when we all know that it's your forefather's greed to amass wealth that does not belong to them to themselves that led to a war that would have resulted to the complete annihilation of your ethnic group.

Today, your type cannot become the president of this country. All of your efforts continue leading you backwards in the scheme of things. You're even regarded as third-class citizens. Now tell me, what could be worst than this?

Sincere apologie to my good Igbo friends, but I need to put this McKren where he belongs - in the trash can.

But, my people, Grafikdon did not take time to read what transpired between me and McKren before I came on air to post the above. There are some things (matters - for Xris74 education only) begging for answers:

1.0) Did Ono just set out to put pen to paper and insult McKren or the generality of the Igbos in that entry?

2.0) Was that reply directed at McKren or the Igbos generally?

3.0) What transpired between McKren and Ono before this reply was written and posted? Was Ono provoked into writing that reply?

4.0) Did McKren insult Ono's ethnic group?

5.0) Was Ono dressing down the Igbos in general or was the reply up there targeted at McKren?

6.0) Did Ono apologise to other Igbos who might feel bad about what he wrote up there in that reply to McKren?

7.0) Are there Igbos today who feel they should opt out of the federal arrangement called Nigeria?

Sincere answers to these questions will set the records straight.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by ebos(m): 4:19pm On Aug 08, 2007
That type of post, I think, 100 apologies will be difficult to assuage Igbo feelings. The Igbo race was killed like cockroaches and rats without mentioning the casualties recorded by the Federal side. The entire ethnic group (no one can be President again). Anyway, that is your personal outlook of this present Nigeria. But I tell you, true we lost the war, somehow the Igbos have not lost the vitality that keeps them moving, the courage to be has not been lost, that quality that will help them go on in spite of it all is still intact. So, today, Igbos still have a vision. Time will tell.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by doyin13(m): 4:33pm On Aug 08, 2007
It is perhaps because of this so clear vitality ebos that I wonder why you guys keep getting yourself worked up.

Igbos have proved very enterprising despite shall we say trying circumstances.

Igbos have not had a President, but it never stopped them forging ahead.

A Yoruba man became President, hardly anything it did for me and majority of my tribe.

I know it is meant to give me some pride but it doesn't. All it has given me is the hassle of people telling me my tribesman was responsible for messing up the country for eight years.

What we need is a decentralised system that will allow each part of the country to address its problems based on the resources it can muster, whether human or material.

And enuff already about the perils of war. Those who have a right to gripe are the dead ones. Unfortunately they cannot so you guys shut up already.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Grant Amnesty To Bandits — Sheik Gumi Tells FG (Video) / Gov Ben Ayade Now Party Leader of APC In Cross River State (Video) / Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.