Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 (20826 Views)

Senators Exchange Blows As Biafra Mentioned / Drama As Biafra Agitators Take On Buhari At His Hotel In London / Catholic Priest Emerges Biafra-INEC Chairman, As Biafra Plans Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Kanto: 8:27pm On Jul 24, 2007
Nairaland is just full of noisemakers like that dirty urchin Ono. If annihilation becomes a doctrine, between Ndigbo and Ono's tiny minority who will become annihilated? If Ndigbo who could fight the rest of Nigeria for 3 years turns on Ono's tiny tribe, can any of them survive? When real people are talking, insignificant minorities like Ono is also talking.

In his mischievous head he thinks the Igbo lost out, but in reality there is no group in Nigeria including his baby kidnapping Niger-Delta who did not lose out in the aftermath of the civil-war.

All Nigerians are presently vanquished either by poverty, oppression, injustices, police and army brutality etc Even the North that has dominated Nigeria's leadership has the least educated people and the highest percentage of poverty that has led most of them into  begging in Nigeria.

Besides there is no government in Nigeria that will not have an Igbo in some capacities. But out of Nigeria's 250 ethnic groups there are many that has never even had a ministerial position since independence.

In the last dispensation the ministries of finance, defence, aviation, education, foreign affairs, information etc were at different times ran by Igbos. Other parastatals like Central Bank, Nigerian stock exchange, Comptroller general of immigration, Due process, Bureau of public enterprises, National intelligence agency (NIA) , Police service commission, Defence industries corporation (DIC), Chief of air staff, air vice marshall paul Dike etc are still  at present ran by Igbos.

The Ambassador of the most strategic  Nigerian embassy in the UNITED STATES proffessor Charles Obiozor is currently an Igbo. Newly appointed FRSC Director and Head of service are Igbo. With the 5 all Igbo states Igbos are guaranteed at least 5 ministers in any administration.

An Igbo is in the second largest denomination of 500 naira, Igbo language is one of the only 3 in the naira, the Abuja international airport is named after an Igbo, and Igbo language is one of the 3 official languages. The Igbo have also historically produced both a president and military head of state of this fucking country. The list can go on and on, to prove that war or no war, the Igbo cannot be ignored in Nigeria to the shame and jealousy of idiots like Ono.

I have taken the pain to draw this list to prove that no matter how bad the situation the Igbo by virtue of their size will continue to be part of any government in Nigeria. If Ono can bother to tell us his ethnic group we can compare notes and see if they have ever produced a federal minister since independence. Jealous goat
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by naijaking1: 9:13pm On Jul 24, 2007
@all

we've all been duped!

Duped into reducing this discussion to a personal level, and discussing ONO, and not the topic.

If only you know how much orgasmic feeling he enjoys any time his name is mentioned, then you will know never to mention his name in this thread any longer.

The topic is a retrospective look at Biafra, the naija civil, and an appreciation of our position today. This is not about ---- what's his name.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Ugwumba(m): 10:28pm On Jul 24, 2007
Ugwumba reads and refuses to respond any longer.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 24, 2007
Ugwumba you are so full of wisdom,I wish I had a younger unmarried sister,I would have convinced my dad to marry her off to you with no bride price cheesy

that's if you're not already married.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by RichyBlacK(m): 12:21am On Jul 25, 2007
Kanto:

Nairaland is just full of noisemakers like that dirty urchin Ono. If annihilation becomes a doctrine, between Ndigbo and Ono's tiny minority who will become annihilated? If Ndigbo who could fight the rest of Nigeria for 3 years turns on Ono's tiny tribe, can any of them survive? When real people are talking, insignificant minorities like Ono is also talking.

In his mischievous head he thinks the Igbo lost out, but in reality there is no group in Nigeria including his baby kidnapping Niger-Delta who did not lose out in the aftermath of the civil-war.

All Nigerians are presently vanquished either by poverty, oppression, injustices, police and army brutality etc Even the North that has dominated Nigeria's leadership has the least educated people and the highest percentage of poverty that has led most of them into begging in Nigeria.

Besides there is no government in Nigeria that will not have an Igbo in some capacities. But out of Nigeria's 250 ethnic groups there are many that has never even had a ministerial position since independence.

In the last dispensation the ministries of finance, defence, aviation, education, foreign affairs, information etc were at different times ran by Igbos. Other parastatals like Central Bank, Nigerian stock exchange, Comptroller general of immigration, Due process, Bureau of public enterprises, National intelligence agency (NIA) , Police service commission, Defence industries corporation (DIC), Chief of air staff, air vice marshall paul Dike etc are still at present ran by Igbos.

The Ambassador of the most strategic Nigerian embassy in the UNITED STATES proffessor Charles Obiozor is currently an Igbo. Newly appointed FRSC Director and Head of service are Igbo. With the 5 all Igbo states Igbos are guaranteed at least 5 ministers in any administration.

An Igbo is in the second largest denomination of 500 naira, Igbo language is one of the only 3 in the naira, the Abuja international airport is named after an Igbo, and Igbo language is one of the 3 official languages. The Igbo have also historically produced both a president and military head of state of this fucking country. The list can go on and on, to prove that war or no war, the Igbo cannot be ignored in Nigeria to the shame and jealousy of idiots like Ono.

I have taken the pain to draw this list to prove that no matter how bad the situation the Igbo by virtue of their size will continue to be part of any government in Nigeria. If Ono can bother to tell us his ethnic group we can compare notes and see if they have ever produced a federal minister since independence. Jealous goat

A tour de force!
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by RichyBlacK(m): 12:30am On Jul 25, 2007
naijaking1:

@all

we've all been duped!

Duped into reducing this discussion to a personal level, and discussing ONO, and not the topic.

If only you know how much orgasmic feeling he enjoys any time his name is mentioned, then you will know never to mention his name in this thread any longer.

The topic is a retrospective look at Biafra, the naija civil, and an appreciation of our position today. This is not about ---- what's his name.

Well said. I've already called for ignoring him.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by RichyBlacK(m): 12:46am On Jul 25, 2007
laudate:

Ono, why the harsh words? Sometimes, the tone of your replies make it easy for people who read your comments to feel antagonistic towards you. In choosing uncomplimentary epithets like 'loud mouths', 'recalcitrant' etc. to describe a whole group of people, you alienate them and any message you are trying to get across, gets lost.

It wasn't only the Igbo who suffered losses in the war, every other group suffered one kind of loss or the other. And people all over this nation, still suffer from some kind of bitterness in varying degrees, about what happened during the war. Don't you think any group of people who lost as much as the Igbo people did, have a right to feel bitter about their losses? If you were in their shoes, wouldn't you feel the same way?

As for the Fulani, a number of them believe in 'an eye for an eye'. But anyone in power in Nigeria, needs to send a strong message to the religious fantics among them, that 'extremism' in whatever shape or form, will not be tolerated from any group. Fanaticism breeds hatred & bloodshed. And that is the last thing we need, in this nation.

On a final note, I have heard stories and seen examples of those who chose to stand in solidarity with their brothers from other ethnic groups, during that war. There are some families in the South-West who took care of some Igbo families that stayed behind, during the war. A few have even told stories of how a Hausa man or a Fulani man, stood between them and the northern religious militants, in order to save their lives. We need to be more tolerant as a people. That is my belief.

@laudate, thanks!
This is the recurring problem with him - he directs his hostility toward an ethnic group instead of debating the issues presented by a contributor.

When I was in primary school, it was people like him that were beaten up and thrown inside the school well for abusing a challenger's mother in a wording match instead of facing the challenger.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by ono(m): 9:22am On Jul 25, 2007
Hmm. Have been away for long. Where do I start from?

Ugwumba, Laudate, Obong It's about the Nigerian civil war and what led to it that we're talking about, isn't it? This is the second time I'm explaining this:

The Biafran War was about Nigeria and the breakaway state of Biafra (a country the Igbos fully support, based, as babyosis puts it, the nature of events at the time)

Right from the time I countered the claims of Afam (who in his ''wisdom'' did say and I will quote below later) of the war with the accounts of other people as they see it, the likes of babyosisi, Planner, Kanto, Afam himself, Donzman, and RichyBlack (all, I believe, of the Igbo ethnic stock) have continued, relentlessly to pelter me, my ethnic group and person with caustic, defamatory and extremely cruel statements without any provocation from my end.

Laudate, Ugwumba and other rational beings on this forum will just go and read from where I started posting on this discussion and see the responses of these people to know the true state of events here.

Afam's post:

Afam:

It seems it is now fashionable for people to make sometimes ridiculous attempts to rewrite history.

Without bothering to spend time on quite a load of rubbish put down by the writer one cannot dispute the following

1. That a yoruba man was among the 5 majors that spearheaded the coup
2. That Ironsi (being the most senior in the army) took over and locked up Nzeogwu and co
3. That Gowon led a counter coup 6 months later and proceeded to call himself the commander in chief
4. That a Brigadier General of yoruba extraction (Ogundipe) was the most senior surviving person in the army who should ordinarily take over government
5. That Ojukwu refused to see Gowon (a junior Col to him) as his CIC as that would mean retirement as his junior cannot be his CIC
6. That Ojukwu and the Eastern part of the nation maintained a position that even those who went to Aburi agreed upon for about a year before the war broke out
7. That Nigeria did not restrict its fighting of the war outside Eastern part of Nigeria so I wonder why someone in his right senses will question Biafra fighting outside Eastern part of the nation unless the writer's idea of war is for you to stay in your house and continue to defend while your enemy comes in with every type of amour

Put differently, Ojukwu insisted on equity and fairness and in reality fought a war that the yorubas would have fought if Ogundipe stood his ground as the most senior army officer in the Nigerian army then and not allow a junior Col (Gowon) to take over the mantle of leadership.

So, while I am not a fan of Ojukwu I dare say that as an Igbo man I am happy for the boldness he exhibited even though his family background meant he could have lived life to the fullest and lived a comfortable life. Let the lies stop, let people stop trying to to rewrite histories because there is always a lesson for us to learn from past mistakes.

If indeed I am against the Igbos, as claimed by many of these shortsighted people, will I acknowledge the likes of Ugwumba and some of naijaking statements in all of my replies on this matter? Will I dignify their posts with replies if I'm against them and their ethnic groups? Men of goodwill and unbiased position will understand from our discourse on this matter that the aforementioned sets of people (babyosis, Kanto et al) are the types that some selfish Igbo leaders will recruit and use again to foment trouble against the Nigerian State.

There is no disputing the fact that there are rational people amongst the Igbos, and indeed all ethinc groups in this country - including the despised Hausa/Fulani. How in the world do you think I will be so naive, as not to notice this?
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by ono(m): 9:46am On Jul 25, 2007
laudate:

Don't you think you are exaggerating? sad I have read a lot of Ono's posts, and I haven't seen anywhere, he has made any remark calling for the annihilation of the Igbo. But then, I stand to be corrected. I do not always agree with his comments, but I don't see the need to attack his person, in order to get him to have a change of heart.

You (along with a few others on this thread), have often called him all kinds of unflattering names, so it is only to be expected that he would retaliate in anger.

He has a lot of views which differ from the mainstream perspective, held by many folks from the South-east. I guess we can't all have an identical opinion on every issue. So if he has a contrary view, then one can only try to educate him on areas where his opinions are wrong. Name-calling and vicious attacks won't do much, in this instance.

Up until the time I read this, I had almost given up on this discourse. And when I read your response to Richyblacks write up before this, I just wonder why he joined ranks with people like Kanto and babyosisi to attack my person. Can't we dicuss issues without resorting to viscious attacks on person and talk like matured people?

1 Like

Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 25, 2007
no more replies sorry kiss
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by iyken(m): 2:49pm On Jul 25, 2007
@Ono,
You have displayed with resklessness shallow mindedness in your comments.You have poked your nose with the vipers head.One begins to wonder how many of your sorts, with this much of pia mata to show,we have dotted in our cyclical epicenter.
Its not in my nature to "massage egos" but you have bitten more than you can chew.

In your confusion, do the honourable, take a bow on this thread. Waiting.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by ono(m): 4:03pm On Jul 25, 2007
And a new one comes calling again, just when we thought we're done with their type in this world. When will you lot stop talking incoherently? If you don't know the right spelling of pia mater, why don't you ask those who knows? When will you learn to discuss with a high sense of maturity? If you're looking for one who will console you and your ilk, you won't get that from me and I think you need to get that your brain examined by a psychiatrist or a neurosurgeon - and the earlier you do that the better for your type.

Mazi Ugwumba is there to tutor you and your type in the right way(s) to engage in meaningful discussion.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 25, 2007
ono:

And a new one comes calling again, just when we thought we're done with their types in this world. When will you lot stop talking incoherently? If you don't know the right spelling of pia mater, why don't you ask those who knows? When will you learn to discuss with a high sense of maturity? If you're looking for one who will console you and your ilks, you won't get that from me and I think you need to get that your brain examined by a psychiatrist or a neurosurgeon. - and the earlier you do that the better for your types.

Mazi Ugwumba is there to tutor you and your types in the right way(s) to engage in meaningful discussion.

read the phrase in red mr ITK grin
you have the guts to correct somebody's spelling error when your grammar from Ogbakirima comprehensive needs help. grin
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by RichyBlacK(m): 7:38pm On Jul 25, 2007
babyosisi:

read the phrase in red mr ITK grin
you have the guts to correct somebody's spelling error when your grammar from Ogbakirima comprehensive needs help. grin

grin grin grin
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by McKren(m): 7:43pm On Jul 25, 2007
LOL

No kidding BabyOsisi I honestly think you and ONO will make good pals. You too need to hang out.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 25, 2007
I just pointed out a phrase,he used types and ilks in the same write up.
There was no need for the plural.

correcting someone when he is no good himself,imagine the nonesense
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by naijaking1: 2:57am On Jul 26, 2007
Wouldn't be interesting to hear from the active participants of the Biafran saga, I mean people like Effiong, Achuzie, Ojukwu, etc. Effiong should realy write a book.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by ono(m): 8:07am On Jul 26, 2007
babyosisi:

I just pointed out a phrase,he used types and ilks in the same write up.
There was no need for the plural.

correcting someone when he is no good himself,imagine the nonesense

Obviously, Maam, you need to get a grip on the meaning and usage of English words.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by ono(m): 9:16am On Jul 26, 2007
naijaking1:

Wouldn't be interesting to hear from the active participants of the Biafran saga, I mean people like Effiong, Achuzie, Ojukwu, etc. Effiong should realy write a book.

True. Would like to hear from those people.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Planner(m): 10:49am On Jul 26, 2007
Colonel effiong is dead and Dim Ojukwu has written some books on the civil war. Waht we need is an unbiased historian to un earth buried facts about the War.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by laudate: 8:17pm On Aug 06, 2007
Planner:

Colonel effiong is dead and Dim Ojukwu has written some books on the civil war. Waht we need is an unbiased historian to un earth buried facts about the War.

Please o, tell us the title of the book, that Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu wrote about the war o! Am yet to see a comprehensive, analytical, accurate retrospective account about the civil war, in his own words. In fact, am still looking for a way to claim my refund of the money I spent on his "Because I'm involved" from the Ikemba. That book was long on rhetoric, and short on facts! angry
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Xris74: 8:29pm On Aug 06, 2007
''why don't you ask those who knows?''

Which institution of learning did the writer of this gibberish (in bold) attend? It is know and not knows. And, to imagine he even thinks he is correct. Panla head. grin
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Xris74: 8:45pm On Aug 06, 2007
Please crude oil, refined petroleum, natural gas (ati bebe lo), dry up fast so that those of us who have developed ourselves without a dime from the cursed oil resources will find our levels (even water has its level, as they say). What a cursed people with a contorted sense of logic.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by ono(m): 1:21pm On Aug 07, 2007
Xris74:

''why don't you ask those who knows?''

Which institution of learning did the writer of this gibberish (in bold) attend? It is know and not knows. And, to imagine he even thinks he is correct. Panla head. grin

Xris74:

Please crude oil, refined petroleum, natural gas (ati bebe lo), dry up fast so that those of us who have developed ourselves without a dime from the cursed oil resources will find our levels (even water has its level, as they say). What a cursed people with a contorted sense of logic.

Xris74,
Ok, let's do a bit of analysing that phrase in the context that I have used it up there:

The full statement is: ''If you don't know the right spelling of pia mater, why don't you ask those who knows?''

Now, ''knows'' here is used as an intransitive verb meaning: To possess knowledge, understanding, or information on something

So, for discerning minds, and those who are not blockheads, they will quickly understand that my ''knows'' up there refers to those who know the right spelling for pia mater, as opposed to the wrong spelling previously doled out.

So, you Xris74 and your likes should be asked where you spent the first 16 years of your life. I believe it must have been in a mechanic workshop somewhere at Oshodi.

And on crude oil, it's obvious that you do not understand the natural processes inherent in the formation, migration and trapping of hydrocarbons (crude oil and gas). I will not waste my time trying to enlighten you on this. But I'll let you know that wishful thinking cannot change what's here to stay.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Xris74: 3:17pm On Aug 07, 2007
OMG! What a pig-headed fool.

Those (plural) go with know (plural)

Thus, your phrase should have read ''why don't you ask those who know? and not ''why don't you ask those who knows? EMPHASIS ON KNOW

This is the elementary grammar that you have failed to understand; that Babyosisi corrected you on. A very simple English grammar I learnt in kindergarten. ITK will kill so many ignoramuses here. Apparently, commonsense is not as common as the oil you so talk about
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by grafikdon: 3:22pm On Aug 07, 2007
Xris74, you have to understand, some people find it extremely hard to acknowledge the simple fact that they are fallible, just like anybody else. Instead they will try their very best to justify or vehemently defend the obvious mistake.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by ono(m): 4:35pm On Aug 07, 2007
There's no point arguing with dafts, or else you might be mistaken for one yourself. But, on a second thought, I felt I should still press ahead and explain, for the benefit of other people reading this.

''Knows'' exists for real as a verb - and it's not the plural form for ''know''. My people, please don't be misguided o!

And also, ''know'' can be used as a noun, verb and in idiomatic expressions as in ''in the know''

ref. these sites:http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/knows; http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/know

Now, some grammar:

''those'' in ''those who knows'' was used as a singular subject in this case, and the rules of syntax simply requires one to use a singular verb for agreement. ''Knows'' in that phrase is a singular verb.

It's just like saying Everybody know Mr Jones, when the right statement should read:

Everybody know[b]s[/b] Mr Jones

And the daft Xris74 feels that since Babyosisi did her bit to correct what she doesn't know, I should take her correction hook line and sinker. What a retard, recalcitrant idiot I'm dealing with!
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Xris74: 5:18pm On Aug 07, 2007
Ono is indeed a lost cause. See how he delves totally off the point? You dare attempt to teach me English language when I am in the know that you do not know the language? As confused as the ND militants  grin

You are a disgrace to the university you attended (if at all you did). Keep arguing like an idiot.  It is people like you who say The woman know me instead of The woman knows me.

For the uptenth time, let me drum it into your oil-blocked head that in the context of your phrase: Why don't you ask those who knows ,    ''Knows'' is WRONG, and ''know'' is the correct word, because you have the plural Those in your phrase. Now take that to your professors and tell them I said so.

Go through the sites you provided and see if you find where  Those (plural) and knows (singular) are used in the same sentence or phrase. Be humble enough to admit your failure, otherwise I have no business discussing with you any longer.

I did not get an A1 in English for nothing. You hear?
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by ono(m): 5:54pm On Aug 07, 2007
Xris74:

For the uptenth time, let me drum it into your oil-blocked head that in the context of your phrase:

This is the result of getting exposed to Mechanic Village Grammar School at an early age. If indeed you truly made an A1 in English Language, how is it that you cannot spell umpteenth correctly?

I have checked my dictionary for the meaning of the word in bold - uptenth, it wasn't there! I also checked the online dictionary posted in my last entry, it wasn't there. I concluded it must be a Mechanic Village Grammar School word! How did you get your A1 in English Language?

I'm sure your elder brothers wrote your WAEC for you.

So, what I will do is to report your case to WAEC, so that they can withdraw that your certificate.
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Xris74: 7:12pm On Aug 07, 2007
Omg,

Now,  this Ono guy is a confirmed ignoramus. Hello Nairaland users, just type in uptenth (time) in google

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=uptenth+time&btnG=Search

and see how the word is used. Uptenth is one of the words beyond Ono's shallow comprehension. I am aware there is a word as umpteenth (time), but as a big boy in English Language and Ono's English teacher (lol), I am at liberty to decide which between the two words to use. The English language is evolving, such that the latest edition of the Webstar dictionary (best in the world, IMHO) has new English vocabularies. Pity, Ono knows nothing order than oil.

In any case, Ono, there is a difference between spelling errors and outright ignorance. And, the worst is failure to accept your mistakes when corrected. It is only a fool who does not know that he does not know
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 07, 2007
chei,I go die o.
This is what happens when one goes to Ogbakirima comprehensive technical and follows it up at Yenegoa polytechnic. grin

ono,your "pippo" ought to ask for a refund with interest on any bit of tuition they ever paid on your behalf.
Most intelligent people would have caught this after the time I pointed it out,labelled it  a slip,everyone mispeaks once in a while.
The fact that you seem too  dense to get this simple grammatical snafu tire me O.

please stop talking,anyone reading this is ROFL.

"Ask those who knows"
"ask those who eats rice"
"ask those who buys meat"
"ask those who makes love"
"ask those who thinks"
"ask those who drinks beer"

If you don't get it now,only God can help you.LOL
Re: Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 07, 2007
ono:

There's no point arguing with dafts, or else you might be mistaken for one yourself. But, on a second thought, I felt I should still press ahead and explain, for the benefit of other people reading this.

''Knows'' exists for real as a verb - and it's not the plural form for ''know''. My people, please don't be misguided o!

And also, ''know'' can be used as a noun, verb and in idiomatic expressions as in ''in the know''

ref. these sites:http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/knows; http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/know

Now, some grammar:

''those'' in ''those who knows'' was used as a singular subject in this case, and the rules of syntax simply requires one to use a singular verb for agreement. ''Knows'' in that phrase is a singular verb.

It's just like saying Everybody know Mr Jones, when the right statement should read:

Everybody know[b]s[/b] Mr Jones

And the daft Xris74 feels that since Babyosisi did her bit to correct what she doesn't know, I should take her correction hook line and sinker. What a retard, recalcitrant idiot I'm dealing with!

please could "those who actually knows" tell this ono man he's making a fool of himself LOL.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

If I Resign, PDP Will Be Buried - Mu’azu; It's A Lie – Fayose / Osita Chidoka Set To Emerge Pdp’s Anambra Central Senatorial Candidate / Edward Onoja Was Arrested By SARS For 'Importing Ak-47' - Politics Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.