Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,154 members, 7,845,809 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Where In The Bible was it Recorded As Sin To Marry Two Wives - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where In The Bible was it Recorded As Sin To Marry Two Wives (37815 Views)

Is It Sin For Man To Have Sex Together With His Two Wives?- Man Asks Daddyfreeze / Why Do Many Christians See Drinking As Sin When It Is In The Bible? / Is It A Sin To Drop Empty Envelope In Offering Box? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where In The Bible was it Recorded As Sin To Marry Two Wives by Kobojunkiee: 5:02pm On Apr 22, 2021
Jman24:

You call them delusions. You may not be far from the truth.
But the good book points to the fact that those fairy tales (if you like) were of Africa. That's the point.
You can hardly twist this narrative

I challenge you to prove from your Bible that Israel was in a barren land of the so called middle East of today
Africa? undecided

Where in the "good book " does God tell you that He moved Canaan, after Abraham , from the middle east to Africa? undecided
Israel was in a barren land? Canaan was the name of the land God gave to the children of israel undecided
Re: Where In The Bible was it Recorded As Sin To Marry Two Wives by Jman24(m): 6:21pm On Apr 22, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Africa? undecided

Where in the "good book " does God tell you that He moved Canaan, after Abraham , from the middle east to Africa? undecided
Israel was in a barren land? Canaan was the name of the land God gave to the children of israel undecided

You still haven't answered anything (typical of an African)

Prove it from your good book that Israel is located somewhere outside Africa.
Re: Where In The Bible was it Recorded As Sin To Marry Two Wives by Kobojunkiee: 6:27pm On Apr 22, 2021
Jman24:

You still haven't answered anything (typical of an African)

Prove that Israel according to your good book is located somewhere outside Africa.
Consult the map attached for more details of the location of Canaan as contained in the Bible. undecided

Canaan (/ˈkeɪnən/; Northwest Semitic: knaʿn; Phoenician: ���� – Kenāʿan; Hebrew: כְּנַעַן‎ – Kənáʿan, in pausa כְּנָעַן – Kənā́ʿan; Biblical Greek: Χανααν – Khanaan;[1] Arabic: كَنْعَانُ‎ – Kan‘ān) was a Semitic-speaking civilization and region in the Ancient Near East during the late 2nd millennium BC. The name "Canaan" appears throughout the Bible, where it corresponds to the Levant, in particular to the areas of the Southern Levant that provide the main setting of the narrative of the Bible: Phoenicia, Philistia, Israel, and other nations
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canaan
That's the same area that was under Roman occupation during the time of Jesus Christ. undecided

Re: Where In The Bible was it Recorded As Sin To Marry Two Wives by Jman24(m): 6:33pm On Apr 22, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Consult the map attached for more details of the location of Canaan as contained in the Bible. undecided

That's the same area that was under Roman occupation during the time of Jesus Christ. undecided

So you went to Wikipedia instead of your Bible?
grin

Proof from the scriptures
I mean boundaries were set out in the good book clearly for you to see. So I'm requesting to search. There might be one located outside Africa
Re: Where In The Bible was it Recorded As Sin To Marry Two Wives by Kobojunkiee: 6:42pm On Apr 22, 2021
Jman24:

So you went to Wikipedia instead of your Bible?
grin

Proof from the scriptures
I mean boundaries were set out in the good book clearly for you to see. So I'm requesting to search. There might be one located outside Africa
Why is proof from scripture the only acceptable source when the link there gives you the location from Biblical reference.

Canaan (/ˈkeɪnən/; Northwest Semitic: knaʿn; Phoenician: ���� – Kenāʿan; Hebrew: כְּנַעַן‎ – Kənáʿan, in pausa כְּנָעַן – Kənā́ʿan; Biblical Greek: Χανααν – Khanaan;[1] Arabic: كَنْعَانُ‎ – Kan‘ān) was a Semitic-speaking civilization and region in the Ancient Near East during the late 2nd millennium BC.
The name "Canaan" appears throughout the Bible, where it corresponds to the Levant, in particular to the areas of the Southern Levant that provide the main setting of the narrative of the Bible: Phoenicia, Philistia, Israel, and other nations

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canaan
and if you clicked on the provided link, you would find

The Southern Levant is a geographical region encompassing the southern half of the Levant. It corresponds approximately to modern-day Israel, Palestine, and Jordan; some definitions also include southern Lebanon, southern Syria and/or the Sinai Peninsula.
As a strictly geographical description, it is sometimes used by archaeologists and historians to avoid the religious and political connotations of other names for the area.

Like much of Southwestern Asia, the Southern Levant is an arid region consisting mostly of desert and dry steppe, with a thin strip of wetter, temperate climate along the Mediterranean coast. Geographically it is dominated by the Jordan Valley, a section of the Great Rift Valley bisecting the region from north to south, and containing the Sea of Galilee, the Jordan River and the Dead Sea – the lowest point on the earth's land surface.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Levant
Re: Where In The Bible was it Recorded As Sin To Marry Two Wives by Jman24(m): 7:02pm On Apr 22, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Why is proof from scripture the only acceptable source when the link there gives you the location from Biblical reference.
and if you clicked on the provided link, you would find

grin
Because it is the authority book of belivers. Or don't you believe in the words?
Re: Where In The Bible was it Recorded As Sin To Marry Two Wives by Kobojunkiee: 7:10pm On Apr 22, 2021
Jman24:
grin
Because it is the authority book of belivers. Or don't you believe in the words?
So, the book tells you it is "authority", and then wikipedia's links explains, providing you with Map details of exactly where the "authority" points at, and you are trying to argue what again? undecided

Does the information loose its "authority" sourced status if it is expanded upon by wikipedia's? undecided
Re: Where In The Bible was it Recorded As Sin To Marry Two Wives by Jman24(m): 8:33pm On Apr 22, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
So, the book tells you it is "authority", and then wikipedia's links explains, providing you with Map details of exactly where the "authority" points at, and you are trying to argue what again? undecided

Does the information loose its "authority" sourced status if it is expanded upon by wikipedia's? undecided

You are speaking too much grammar.
I'm your examiner. And I'm requesting a source from your good book
Re: Where In The Bible was it Recorded As Sin To Marry Two Wives by Kobojunkiee: 8:37pm On Apr 22, 2021
Jman24:

You are speaking too much grammar.
I'm your examiner. And I'm requesting a source from your good book
Wikipedia mined what it presents to you from the Bible... I am not doing any unnecessary labour where it is not necessary. undecided
Re: Where In The Bible was it Recorded As Sin To Marry Two Wives by Jman24(m): 8:42pm On Apr 22, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Wikipedia mined what it presents to you from the Bible... I am not doing any unnecessary labour where it is not necessary. undecided

So you give your examiners conditions?
Wonderful.

Your examiner doesn't wanna know how much labour you put in to grant his request from the good book.
Re: Where In The Bible was it Recorded As Sin To Marry Two Wives by Kobojunkiee: 8:47pm On Apr 22, 2021
Jman24:

So you give your examiners conditions?
Wonderful.

Your examiner doesn't wanna know how much labour you put in to grant his request from the good book.
I didnt ask you to examine me... you asked for proof and I did one better, I provided you one that came sourced from the Bible and a map of known land mass to boot. undecided

If you feel the location of Canaan as described in the Bible is wrong, since you claim it is instead in somewhere Africa, then let me know what evidence you have. undecided
Re: Where In The Bible was it Recorded As Sin To Marry Two Wives by Jman24(m): 8:50pm On Apr 22, 2021
Kobojunkiee:

The best I could do for you now is postpone this exam, so you could have adequate time for research (from your Bible)

Let's say next week is rescheduled for exams.
Ask your predecessors, they would tell you.. I award marks strictly on instructions . You can also meet your course Rep for a copy of the good book if you are yet to get one.
Re: Where In The Bible was it Recorded As Sin To Marry Two Wives by Kobojunkiee: 8:50pm On Apr 22, 2021
Jman24:

The best I could do for you now is postpone this exam, so you could have adequate time for research (from your Bible)

Let's say next week is rescheduled for exams.
Ask your predecessors, they would tell you.. I award marks strictly on instructions . You can also meet your course Rep for a copy of the good book if you are yet to get one.
You will wait forever on that one 2with your games. undecided
Re: Where In The Bible was it Recorded As Sin To Marry Two Wives by peteregwu(m): 7:50am On Apr 23, 2021
OkCornel:

Thank you.

1. Show us where Jesus said it is a sin to marry two wives.

2. Did God not promise David more wives in 2 Samuel 12 v 7-8? Yes or no.

No one is forcing you to marry only one wife. Its a choice, and you have made your own choice. And every choice we make has have consequences. Just be ready to take the judgement at the last day.
Re: Where In The Bible was it Recorded As Sin To Marry Two Wives by OkCornel(m): 9:21am On Apr 23, 2021
peteregwu:

No one is forcing you to marry only one wife. Its a choice, and you have made your own choice. And every choice we make has have consequences. Just be ready to take the judgement at the last day.

What judgment on the last day?

Oga, just show us where God clearly mentioned Polygamy is a sin. Simple.
Re: Where In The Bible was it Recorded As Sin To Marry Two Wives by peteregwu(m): 2:49pm On Apr 23, 2021
OkCornel:

What judgment on the last day?

Oga, just show us where God clearly mentioned Polygamy is a sin. Simple.

Oga, practice your Islam in peace. grin
Re: Where In The Bible was it Recorded As Sin To Marry Two Wives by OkCornel(m): 3:13pm On Apr 23, 2021
peteregwu:

Oga, practice your Islam in peace. grin

I guess David, Abraham, Jacob, Saul and the likes were practicing Islam too as they were Polygamists.

Most Nigerians never cease to amaze me with the way they think. That I’m asking where it’s a sin in the scriptures to be a polygamist means I’m practicing Islam? Anyways, I’m not surprised deficient thinking is quite endemic in the country.

This is just an example of the failed education system at display here.

1 Like

Re: Where In The Bible was it Recorded As Sin To Marry Two Wives by peteregwu(m): 3:21pm On Apr 23, 2021
OkCornel:

I guess David, Abraham, Jacob, Saul and the likes were practicing Islam too as they were Polygamists.

Most Nigerians never cease to amaze me with the way they think. That I’m asking where it’s a sin in the scriptures to be a polygamist means I’m practicing Islam? Anyways, I’m not surprised deficient thinking is quite endemic in the country.

This is just an example of the failed education system at display here.

Na failed education system make you come carry 2 wives for house. You truly have a sound education. grin
Re: Where In The Bible was it Recorded As Sin To Marry Two Wives by OkCornel(m): 3:25pm On Apr 23, 2021
peteregwu:

Na failed education system make you come carry 2 wives for house. You truly have a sound education. grin

You wey get sound education,
1. Prove to everyone I’m practicing Islam.
2. Open the Bible and show us where God condemned people for Polygamy nau?

Did God condemn Jacob or David for polygamy? Let’s start from there.

Remember, you get sound education o, so please put your reasoning to use and show us where God condemned polygamy.

Thank you.
Re: Where In The Bible was it Recorded As Sin To Marry Two Wives by OkCornel(m): 3:28pm On Apr 23, 2021
Today we will know if someone knows the basic difference between God’s sovereign will and things God can permit outside of His will, but will never count it as a sin.

Another example is where the children of Israel wanted kings like the other nations around them...instead of judges, priests and prophets as God intended for them...

Oya na... please someone should show us where in the scriptures God said POLYGAMY IS A SIN.

2 Likes

Re: Where In The Bible was it Recorded As Sin To Marry Two Wives by peteregwu(m): 3:28pm On Apr 23, 2021
OkCornel:

You wey get sound education, open the Bible and show us where God condemned people for Polygamy nau?

Did he condemn Jacob or David for polygamy? Let’s start from there.

Remember, you get sound education o, so please put your reasoning to use and show us where God condemned polygamy.

Thank you.

Sorry oo.... Abeg continue with your 2 wives, Abu na 11 wives. Awon omo Muhammed. Epele ooo.. grin
Re: Where In The Bible was it Recorded As Sin To Marry Two Wives by OkCornel(m): 3:31pm On Apr 23, 2021
peteregwu:

Sorry oo.... Abeg continue with your 2 wives, Abu na 11 wives. Awon omo Muhammed. Epele ooo.. grin

Not your fault, Nigeria’s education system really did a number on your brain, lol.

If you say “I don’t know”, you won’t fall down and die.

But if you insist Polygamy is a sin. Open your Bible and show us where nau, Biko cheesy

Some people sha cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Daysman Oyakhilome Bags Nelson Mandela Leadership Awards (Photos) / Should We Start Taking TB Joshua Seriously? / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.