Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List (6257 Views)

Emir Lamido Sanusi At The Hajj Pilgrimage In Mecca (Photos) / Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List / President Jonathan Visits Emir Of Kano, Lamido Sanusi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by klas(m): 1:18pm On Apr 22, 2011
violent:

For the sakes of we the uniformed, could you give examples of at least one country in Africa and another in Europe that have adopted Sanusi's
reforms and borrowed his ideas?. . . .I will bet my apple juice you couldn't find one!

Sanusi is just a civil servant who has performed extremely well in his role, if the members of the NASS or the President blew a whistle, his job is finished, his supposed influence is gone and the wheel goes on!

My point is, it's only sensible to say a man is influential if he could get millions of people both locally and globally to do his bidding effortlessly and not because of the powers that come with his office.

Literary speaking, how many people do you suppose would be willing to take a bullet for Sanusi?. . , In comparison, how many do you suppose could commit suicide if Justin Beiber had an headache?

Surprisingly, this morning a local tv station was showing a repeat broadcast of an award ceremony where he was presented the plaque by Ben Murray Bruce. His first sentence is almost like yours. He said  "It is funny when people describe somebody as being courageous for simply doing things that he is paid to do. That is why our country is not progressing well" He went further to mention the names of ABU graduates who "should then also be praised for being courageous" namely Nasir el Rufai, Nuhu Ribadu and so on.
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by teeflak(m): 1:39pm On Apr 22, 2011
Sanusi deserves all the accolades becasue he is a man who has distinguished himself.
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by DisGuy: 1:41pm On Apr 22, 2011
Sanusi Lamido on HardTalk

Jonathan Can learn a thing or two from this mallam with his fisheries PhD cool
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by hayats(m): 1:43pm On Apr 22, 2011
NIgerians are beginning to regain their integrity in the eyes of the world, it was Dangote the other day by Forbes magazine, now its Lamido Sanusi Lamido, More are coming. It could be me or you for a Nobel Laurette price.

Like the Design am wearing, Holla at me on 08062870890

Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by ZnO: 1:44pm On Apr 22, 2011
In simple term, what has Sanusi Achieved other than prosecuting corrupt Bankers?
Has he restored the value of the Naira?
Has the banks stopped sacking workers?
Has corruption by bank managers stopped (we read how the managers he appointed are now stealing their own too)?
Has the exchange rate improved under him?
Has the value of bank shares risen since he came in?
Has any of the bankers who stole our share monies and devalued them (I lost no less than 5 million Naira equivalent) been sentenced?
Do we yet have the islamic bank he promised from day one, that will help our Muslim brothers averse to conventional banking do banking?

So in simple terms that everyone can understand, can anyone please tell me what Sanusi has achieved as CBN gov for over to years?
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by CrudeOil2(m): 1:48pm On Apr 22, 2011
His achievements are grossly exaggerated. He does not deserve the accolade. Apart from prosecuting fraudulent bankers, what else are his achievements?
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by namfav(m): 1:51pm On Apr 22, 2011
crude oil is envious
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by CrudeOil2(m): 1:52pm On Apr 22, 2011
Why would I envy an hausa man?
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by Rhino5dm: 2:00pm On Apr 22, 2011
^^^Tell GEj to get nominated of that list. You think say na beans or akamu.

way to go ABOKI grin grin grin
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by THEAMAKA(f): 2:17pm On Apr 22, 2011
namfav:

crude oil is envious
I'm sure if the guy in question had been from any other tribe, say Edo, Efik, or even Idoma sef, would you be saying crude oil is envious? you're "ethnic superiority" that you parade all over this forum is really annoying and disgusting. you walk around with this chip on your shoulder like you're better than everyone else and i can see and smell it all over your posts. do you think because he is from the north, Fulani, that everyone is supposed to give a flying F***
get off of your high horse.
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by efisher(m): 2:25pm On Apr 22, 2011
Any party that can 'capture' him for 2015 will have a very good shot at the presidency. Imagine a Sanusi/ Fashola card. Or Sanusi / (A very strong S.Easterner).
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by papasoko: 2:39pm On Apr 22, 2011
congrats mallam
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by Lanquart: 3:20pm On Apr 22, 2011
Hey! Can some one please help me.I want to post an important news for my fellow Nairalanders to read and discuss but I don't know how to go about it.Please,some one should help direct me pls
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by princeonx: 4:13pm On Apr 22, 2011
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by princeonx: 4:19pm On Apr 22, 2011
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by xymigrator(m): 4:19pm On Apr 22, 2011
and they say that someone who is studied in islamic law cannot go anywhere in nigeria once again another man is prving the doubters wrong, muhammadu sanusi will be proud, mashallah bro keep doing it for yourself you are going places, transfering islamic economics into the sector has done wondrs for the nigerian economy

You are very funny,is he reforming the banks with arabic and islamic law, he holds either a degree in Economics or Accounting.You can not get anywhere in Nigeria ONLY with ur islamic education except in the mosques, Go and give thos Almajiri's proper western education plus thier islamic education.
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by vladimiros: 4:27pm On Apr 22, 2011
and they say that someone who is studied in islamic law cannot go anywhere in nigeria once again another man is prving the doubters wrong, muhammadu sanusi will be proud, mashallah bro keep doing it for yourself you are going places, transfering islamic economics into the sector has done wondrs for the nigerian economy

so there is Islamic Banking now? in Top Naija Unis?
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by adamawa: 9:18pm On Apr 22, 2011
Can I ask a question here, what has Sanusi achieved since he became CBN governor? To the best of my knowledge, his only achievement is POPULARITY. In as much as he tried to sanitize the Banking sector, he brought untold hardships to the sector. It is only in Sanusi's time that Banks find it easy to sack thousands of their staffs at will. Number of casualties in the sector in the last 2 years is times 50 of the affected bankers in the last 10 years. Sanusi has only contributed to unemployment in Nigeria most Banks now see staff rationalization as the shortest way to cut cost.

Forget about what Soludo did, I see him as an economist who will not want business to go down. Ibru, Akingbola would have gone and the Banks remain but Sanusi been tribalistic left Unity Bank with worst situation than Union, Oceanic alone

I must say I admire his strongwill and fearlessness especially against National assembly. AMCON has always been Soludo's idea
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by lionshare: 10:54pm On Apr 22, 2011
outright rubbish, Sanusi is Overhyped! According to the list he is far more influential than Obama!, grin cool

Full List!!!

TIME 100

* Wael Ghonim
* Joseph Stiglitz
* Reed Hastings
* Amy Poehler
* Geoffrey Canada
* Mark Zuckerberg
* Peter Vesterbacka
* Angela Merkel
* Julian Assange
* Ron Bruder
* Lamido Sanusi
* Colin Firth
* Amy Chua
* Joe Biden
* Jennifer Egan
* Kim Clijsters
* Ahmed Shuja Pasha
* Aung San Suu Kyi
* Cory Booker
* Gabrielle Giffords
* Katsunobu Sakurai
* Michelle Obama
* Paul Ryan
* Ai Weiwei
* Rob Bell
* Fathi Terbil
* Dilma Rousseff
* Tom Ford
* Liang Guanglie
* Sue Savage-Rumbaugh
* Takeshi Kanno
* Nicolas Sarkozy
* Michele Bachmann
* Saad Mohseni
* Chris Christie
* Matthew Weiner
* Lisa Jackson
* Jean-Claude Trichet
* Justin Bieber
* Prince William and Kate Middleton
* Joe Scarborough
* Blake Lively
* Hillary Clinton
* Muqtada al-Sadr
* Anwar al-Awlaki
* Kim Jong Un
* Saif al-Islam Gaddafi
* Hassan Nasrallah
* Nathan Wolfe
* Oprah Winfrey
* Sergio Marchionne
* Mahendra Singh Dhoni
* Felisa Wolfe-Simon
* Esther Duflo
* Rain
* Larry Page
* Mia Wasikowska
* David Cameron
* John Lasseter
* Maria Bashir
* Mukesh Ambani
* Chris Colfer
* Major General Margaret Woodward
* Bruno Mars
* David and Charles Koch
* Hung Huang
* General David Petraeus
* Matt Damon and Gary White
* Cecile Richards
* George R.R. Martin
* Marine Le Pen
* Grant Achatz
* Feisal Abdul Rauf
* El Général
* Jamie Dimon
* Heidi Murkoff
* Sting
* Jonathan Franzen
* V.S. Ramachandran
* Michelle Rhee
* Mark Wahlberg
* Rebecca Eaton
* Xi Jinping
* Kathy Giusti
* Arianna Huffington
* Barack Obama
* Lionel Messi
* Azim Premji
* Aruna Roy
* Ray Chambers
* Scott Rudin
* John Boehner
* Derrick Rossi
* Hu Shuli
* Benjamin Netanyahu
* Ayman Mohyeldin
* Charles Chao
* Bineta Diop
* Dharma Master Cheng Yen
* Patti Smith

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/completelist/0,29569,2066367,00.html#ixzz1KI8DAs95
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by LordElNou: 12:47am On Apr 23, 2011
Aplause Aplause
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by emmke(m): 8:57am On Apr 23, 2011
am very sure if the man is from the south we wouldn't be hearing 'he doesn't deserve it'. Lets face it, most nairalanders dont believe anyone up north can do any better than southerners. Well sanusi and jega have all proved u wrong. Hausas might not have as much educated guys as the south, but the few ones always stand out. One must not be a UI, OAU graduate to be bright or influential. Just get that my friends.
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by emmatok(m): 11:40am On Apr 23, 2011
Because Sanusi Lamido entered 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List they want to rubbish him.

Did Sanusi Lamido bribed TIMES for the recognition?

ABEGI this bad blood should stop.
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by nex(m): 11:55am On Apr 23, 2011
When they can't bribe you with money, they come with accolades.
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by nex(m): 12:00pm On Apr 23, 2011
I don't agree that Lamido Sanusi or Justin Bieber, or Bruno Mars is more influential than Barrack Obama.
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by emmatok(m): 1:04pm On Apr 23, 2011
nex:

I don't agree that Lamido Sanusi or Justin Bieber, or Bruno Mars is more influential than Barrack Obama.

My friend Barrack Obama has a very low rating n USA right now.

His second term ambition is shaky.
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by oyebanji(m): 5:20pm On Apr 23, 2011
I am constrained to comment on this thread basically because there are a lot of negative sentiments against Mallam Sanusi. But, I am making a comment here against my better judgment. I must say here that as young people we should shun all forms of ethnic bigotry, criticisms without facts and all negative tendencies that impact on our collective psyche.
Having said that, I will try and make a comment on Mallam by illustrating the situation in the Banking sector before the tsunami. The situation in the sector was such that shareholders fund had become valueless, risk management was zero, top echelon of the sector had become reckless and the collapse was just a matter of time. This man came and rescued the banks from being run aground. this man came to restore confidence on the sector. and we are saying that he has not done anything. Mrs Ibru was found guilty of gross misconduct. Was he judgment right or wrong? our banks have come out of the restructuring stronger and more serious. People have said that workers are being sacked regularly but the truth of the matter is the fact that a lot of the banks are loaded in terms of Overhead and this will also impact on the performance.
I have not come to insult anyone but I think that our criticism of this man is unfounded and baseless.
A lot of people brought in the ethnic propaganda but, I ask, how many of those banks have been bought over by Northerners?
It is more understandable when politicians or affected bank chiefs play up these negative sentiments, but when young educated and clear minded youths get involved it becomes saddening.
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 23, 2011
Of course, Time has their criteria for their rankings, so it would be 'blind' to just compare Sanusi with hollywood stars. As corrupt as Nigeria is, we are a regional economic power in west africa. The decisions Sanusi has made as CBN governor has influenced how banking will be done, now and in the future.
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by niyooo(m): 2:29pm On Apr 24, 2011
abeg,make we hear word.what has he really done other than make a whole lotta noise?The people he appointed 2 the so called rescued banks are just armed robbers that see this as an opportunity to come and steal and those banks are worse off than they were b4.The economy is in doldrums and he is just a fvcking tribalist,even in d CBN he is heading that was formerly known for recruiting based on merit,na soso hin town people he dey take back door employ.He is so bad that even fellow northerners who are not from Kano are grumbling.Influential my blo0dy ars€. All those mooting his name in regards 2 ruling this country should better get to know d real him.And for those that think he is Holier than thou abd not corrupt,I weep 4 una.
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by SPIDER90: 4:41pm On Apr 24, 2011
For anyone in his right sense to believe this crap is unimaginable. It is like saying 3SC or Enyimba is the 11th strongest or wealthiest team in the world, isn't it comical?
Pls help check the meaning of Influential. This TM must be a joker or as others have suggested, they have something up their sleeve that they want from this guy, remember, same TM recently gave him award as Central Bank Gov of the year and he was here in London with the whole of kano emirate council(don't ask me who pick up the bill).
What has been his achievement as CBN gov or former MD that got him on that list? Or were they referring to his influence in Kano state as he has vowed that every family in Kano must have a son and daughter in CBN before the end of his tenure.
Nobody is raising the issue of tribe here but fact, let any of his supporters list his achievement as CBN gov in term of value of naira, strength of the Banks, price stability(interest & exchange rate), credit to real sector etc.
Pls let them stop this joke, we know an hero/heroine (they don't have tribe)when see one, but definitely not this Man.
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by nagoma(m): 2:47pm On Apr 26, 2011
Crude Oil is not envious, he is just crude and perhaps oily too!
Re: Lamido Sanusi: 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List by member479760: 5:00am On May 02, 2011
MAKE WHITEMAN CONTINUE TO DECEIVE US. JUST LOOK AT THE SO CALLED INFLUENTIAL PEOPLE LIST INCLUDING NIGERIANS.

SINCE I WAS BORNED OVER 20YRS AGO, NEVER WITNESS 24HRS ELECTRICITY, GOODROAD, CONSTANT RUNNING WATER, GOOD HEALTH SERVICE, NEVER SEE ANYTHING TANGIBLE DONE IN THIS COUNTRY, YET WE ARE SUBJECTED TO SING A SONG TO GLORIFY OUR FAILURES THAT ARE NOW COUNTED AS HERO.

GOD HELP US!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan In The Lead- INEC !!!! / Senator Akpabio Speaks On Biafra / Breaking News: Dr Ikpeazu Just Lost His Appeal At The Supreme Court Now !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.