Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,764 members, 7,824,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! (7334 Views)

Super Ministers, Super Nova, Brahe ,buhari And Bakare / Buhari And Bakare Turned Dramatist / Buhari And Bakare Will Fail (by Prophet Theo Olabayo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by proproman(m): 2:22pm On Apr 23, 2011
Ha, sue all you want. Nobody's holding you back, go ahead. Lemme just make it clear that you don't have a case especially as you've got no proof as regards your accusation. It is ridiculous that you claim to feel so strongly about those that have been killed in the violence that erupted in the north after the elections, but tell me, why haven't you been as interested in the wider and more gruesome cases of violence in the same north. The Jos Crises, the Boko Haram killings, the prophet muhammad cartoon inspired violence; were you asleep when all these happened? Are there not people culpable in all these instances, people that would be much easier to convict if sued? How come you had to wait till after the presidential elections to pick interest in violence in the north.

PapaBrowne, you are a liar, a horrible one at that. You are politicizing the deaths of innocent souls, trying to score points with the demise of unknowing people. It is infinitely telling that you only take special interest in the deaths of people in the North due to violence because Buhari and Bakare are involved. Pray tell, why haven't you sued the FG, the NPF, all the other security outfits responsible for safeguarding the lives and properties of Nigerians for, not just failing miserably in their duties, but being lackadaiscal in the aftermath of violence. Theirs is a far more open and shut case, a case that certain lawyer cum social activists will take pro bono. But instead, you are willing to spend money on a case that you have an 85% chance of losing in a competent court of jurisdiction. Anyway, i'm not bothering myself because i know that this is one thing, like so many other things you've posted on Nairaland, that you claim you'll do just to get people riled up but you'll never get around to doing.

Just listen to yourself saying "if I can get proof", so you don't have proof, no basis for your accusation and yet you want to sue? My brother please ride on, it seems like you have much money to throw around.Seems like your patrons have paid and are ready to pay more for your volunteer work. If you need a lawyer, my cousin is available, you'll have to pay his humongous fees though but I know the money is not an issue with you. You are simply pursuing justice. L freaking OL. grin grin grin

It is infinitely telling that you and Beaf choose to continue mud slinging and are now the ones inciting people to hatred even after the elections are one week past. What do you stand to gain from continually tarnishing the image of two men wh haven't done anything personally against you. I'm getting the impression now that you're a paid PDP stooge.
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by mayoroflag(m): 4:15pm On Apr 23, 2011
Remember to include
- Federal Government for not providing adequate protection and bond
- The State Governors of affected states for failing in their capacities as Chief Security Officer according to the Constitution
- NYSC for not providing adequate protection
- Al JAZEERA (and the other news networks that reported Buhari in early lead)
- Any politician or public figure that could be evidenced to have incited the general public
- and other possible linkable personalities or public figures

as co-defendants.

I wish you the best in your quest for justice.
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by reindeer: 7:27pm On Apr 23, 2011
Cheap popularity.
I can bet my bottom dollar the OP wont do anything.
All talk.
If he was real serious about issues and security he shold have sued GEJ for all the deaths from bomb blasts in NIgeria since he took over and for all the deaths in jos,
This is a blaaady waste of internet space.
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by Ibime(m): 8:02pm On Apr 23, 2011
The OP is just engaging in crass opportunism. The kind of opportunism GEJ employed to try to rope Dokpesi and IBB in to Independence Bomb Blast
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by mrperfect(m): 6:14pm On Apr 24, 2011
Check this information outside the forum.
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by blacksta(m): 6:54pm On Apr 24, 2011
Poster . You are boring me to death. If you can include Gej in your lawsuit I partly finance the cost until then you can phuck off
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by mightlove(f): 7:20am On Apr 25, 2011
@poster: am with you all the way. Its just that I am not in the position to offer advice. Please, contact a good lawyer like Keyamo and Falana, am sure they would be willing to provide answers. All the best and please keep us posted.
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by Jakumo(m): 7:34am On Apr 25, 2011
reindeer:

Cheap popularity.
I can bet my bottom dollar the OP wont do anything.
All talk.

Actually, Rudolph, the gentleman who started this topic does not necessarily need to "do" anything, since Ayatollah Buhari-BinLaden's public incitements to violence are all thoroughly documented and available to officials of the International Court of Justice.

Let us all just kick back and watch history unfold. Right now the events in Syria, Yemen and Libya are hogging the headlines, but let us see what happens when the causes and instigators of Nigeria's election violence are re-examined by the good folks in Den Haag.
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by Bassey131: 6:12am On Apr 26, 2011
@ Beaf
@ PapaBrowne

Have you guys been in touch with each other yet? Re- ICC Networking. I need to contact you guys.
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by Beaf: 6:22am On Apr 26, 2011
Bassey131:

@ Beaf
@ PapaBrowne

Have you guys been in touch with each other yet? Re- ICC Networking. I need to contact you guys.

No, I've been watching this thread for updates.
In the meantime, SERAP has written the UN to visit, investigate and provide evidence to the ICC.
How do you wish to contact?
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by Bassey131: 6:25am On Apr 26, 2011
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by fxtopedia(m): 9:49am On Apr 26, 2011
Jos crisis no one sue anyone, [size=18pt]LOL[/size]
Someone wants to sue BUHARI-BAKARE,[size=18pt] LMAO[/size]
People just like to show EGO, [size=18pt]ROFLMAO[/size]

Continue wasting money jare, [size=18pt]LEL [/size]grin grin grin
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by lyfe(m): 10:58am On Apr 26, 2011
[size=15pt]I want to sue [/size]GEJ, PDP, FG for causing an accident killing an okadaman yesterday.

I have money, I have evidence, The bad roads are there for everyone to see.

I drank petrol when siphoning petrol to the generator last week. [size=15pt]I want to sue[/size] someone owning to the fact that ingestion of toxic substance brings acute toxicity of internal membrane which leads to slow death.

Any lawyer for professional advise.
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 26, 2011
@ OP,

Go ahead.

Nonsense! angry
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by oseo1(m): 4:46am On Apr 27, 2011
@OP

Great idea, it will make people see that we will no longer stand by and watch people make casual statements that can incite violence. It will also send a clear message that people should watch the words the use when they are campaigning or at rallies
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by assme: 11:00am On Apr 27, 2011
@OP

please don't allow dis al majiris on NL 2 discourage u, They are still mourning their loss of election and it has turned them senseless. I don't want Buhari to go Scot free, so that next time(if there ever will) that he is contesting for any position, he will be careful of his statements. He and Bakare should be held accountable for their statements and charged for instigating violence in the north, directly or indirectly.
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by 10cirenoh: 12:51pm On Apr 27, 2011
Whats the latest Mr misplaced priority?
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by Gbawe: 12:59pm On Apr 27, 2011
10cirenoh:

Whats the latest Mr misplaced priority?

Femi Falana turned him down flatly grin grin Apparently , Falana "dey laff" when he said NO. grin grin
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by Jakumo(m): 1:14pm On Apr 27, 2011
To all the wishful thinkers poking fun at the notion of a private lawsuit against Ayatollah Buhari, for his culpability on charges of genocide incitement in the aftermath of his landslide electoral defeat, rest assured that the International Court of Justice is doing its own homework researching Buhari's crimes against humanity, and may well spring a nasty surprise on Buhari and the kingpins of his rented LYNCH mobs, before too long.

Enjoy the laughter while it lasts, yee nay sayers, but remember you may not laugh last.
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by Pataki: 1:34pm On Apr 27, 2011
How long does it take our newly assumed Politics section jester to file a simple law suit against Buhari and Bakare? grin

Even a charge and bail lawyer is not that hard to find innit? grin

Or do you people just love attention seeking and noise making? grin

I dey wait oh. cheesy
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by 10cirenoh: 1:51pm On Apr 27, 2011
Gbawe:

Femi Falana turned him down flatly grin grin Apparently , Falana "dey laff" when he said NO. grin grin

Maybe some NL lawyers can help? don't we have PDP lawyers on NL? wink wink wink wink
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by gists: 2:32pm On Apr 27, 2011
Pataki:

I dey wait oh. cheesy
They are suffering from A.D.D - Attention Deficits Disorder which is what they trying to treat. Pls allow them to rant and make nuisance of themselves
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by pinkrex(m): 1:58pm On Apr 28, 2011
some people are just realistic lunatics infested by political supports. All these pro Buhari on this matter are just not thinking like real humans.

You all need to ask your sorry selves this question, why are they all fighting? why the killings? Is it not because Buhari lost?
These CPC leaders made some controversial statements that is sparking the riots now.
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by PapaBrowne(m): 4:34am On Apr 29, 2011
Bassey131:

@ Beaf
@ PapaBrowne

Beaf:

No, I've been watching this thread for updates.
In the meantime, SERAP has written the UN to visit, investigate and provide evidence to the ICC.
How do you wish to contact?

Sorry for not dropping any updates. Traveled without my laptop and was very busy so hardly visited Nairaland!
Every since you guys mentioned the ICC option, looks like the whole world started looking in that direction.

Made a few inquiries and apparently there is a huge number of petitions already sitting at the ICC requesting the "The Prosecutor" to look into the violence and bring to book those involved. Interestingly a huge number of them are asking for Buhari's inciting role to be investigated and where found guilty brought to book. Looks like the ICC is not taking this case lightly and would thoroughly investigate whether or not the violence was premeditated. Most of the petitions are filed by high profile Human rights groups like SERAP.

Interestingly, I'm finding that Nigerians have risen up and decided that enough is enough of these kinds of impunity. Private citizens are no longer waiting for government and are doing anything in their capacity to bring to book those that have used their mouths to shed blood!!

[b]I stumbled on an online movement that seeks to garner as many signatures as possible in support of the prosecution of Buhari. [/b]They already have over 200 signatures. That is very impressive considering they probably just started this week. We should promote the petition and seek to get it to over 10,000 signatures.  http://www.petitiononline.com/promub11/petition.html

Every other possible means of bringing these evil perpetrators to justice is welcome.

Wole Soyinka has also spoken about the violence and he thinks they were premeditated with Buhari being complicit considering he refused to outrightly denounce the violence when he spoke first on TV.  http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/4501-killings-in-the-north-planned-says-soyinka.html
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by PapaBrowne(m): 4:49am On Apr 29, 2011
Gbawe:

Femi Falana turned him down flatly  grin grin Apparently , Falana "dey laff" when he said NO.  grin grin

Good you mentioned Femi Falana. FYI, Femi Falana is one of the lawyers that have petitioned the UN with a view of bringing Buhari to justice. Femi is on SERAP's Advisory board and handles most of its cases.

Apparently,egbon GBAWE na your ignorance we "dey laff" oh, .!
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by PapaBrowne(m): 4:58am On Apr 29, 2011
Pataki:

How long does it take our newly assumed Politics section jester to file a simple law suit against Buhari and Bakare? grin

Even a charge and bail lawyer is not that hard to find innit? grin

I dey wait oh. cheesy

You no need to wait, my broda! Not sure where you are located but If I''m right, then train ticket to Den Haag no go pass 30 Euro. Walk into ICC and ask how many petitions have been filed already concerning Buhari and you'll understand that boys are not smiling. Omo, You BB fans need to start praying hard for Buhari oh.
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by Kobojunkie: 5:04am On Apr 29, 2011
[size=13pt]Post-election violence: Rights group SERAP demands UN probe[/size]
http://saferafricagroup.com/2011/04/28/post-election-violence-rights-group-serap-demands-un-probe/

April 28, 2011

On 21 April, Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP), an active non-governmental organisation based in Lagos, wrote to the United Nations (UN) High Commissioner for Human Rights, Ms Navi Pillay, urging her to “urgently visit Nigeria on a fact-finding mission, to probe the post-election violence and killings that have occurred in many northern states of the country”.

In a petition signed by SERAP’s Executive Director, Adetokunbo Mumuni,[size=13pt] the organisation expressed concern over the recurring violence and killings, and the associated violation of several human rights. It therefore demanded that “Ms Pillay must speak out and publicly condemn the violence and killings, and ask the Nigerian government and leaders of political parties to show responsibility and ensure full respect for the human rights of the citizens, including the right to life, to human security and property, to participation and development”.[/size]

[size=13pt]The group also urged the UN to identify state and non-state actors, including leaders of political parties, who are either complicit or directly responsible for the violence and killings, and to send their names to the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court for prosecution.[/size]
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by Kobojunkie: 5:06am On Apr 29, 2011
SERAP in it's petition do not make any of the assumptions made by the OP in this case. I would hope Femi Falana and any wise lawyers out there would distance themselves from such claims as made by the @Op, if only for their reputation's sake.
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by PapaBrowne(m): 5:25am On Apr 29, 2011
^^^^^
Wish you knew!! As I said, majority of the petitions in Den Haag right now concerning this case mention Buhari and  CPC as the key points of investigation!

The group(SERAP) also urged the UN to identify state and non-state actors,[b] including leaders of political parties, who are either complicit or directly responsible for the violence and killings, and to send their names to the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court for prosecution.
[/b]
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by Jakumo(m): 5:35am On Apr 29, 2011
We'll see whose laughter gradually becomes FORCED laughter and empty braggadocio, as events unfold and the noose tightens around that post-election genocide instigator, Buhari.

Hey, Ayatollah Buhari, better pack that toothbrush and holy book. You just might be going down for a good long stretch in the pokey, and soon too.
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by Gbawe: 8:38am On Apr 29, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Good you mentioned Femi Falana. FYI, Femi Falana is one of the lawyers that have petitioned the UN with a view of bringing Buhari to justice. Femi is on SERAP's Advisory board and handles most of its cases.

Apparently,egbon GBAWE na your ignorance we "dey laff" oh, .!

My friend , that was a joke poking fun at you. Falana is a serious chap unlike some who are only keen to play to the gallery. At least Falana takes everyone to Court , be it GEJ or Buhari, impartially . Like I said previously, petition GEJ to step down for failing , on many occasions , to safeguard Nigerian lives and property and I might just take you serious . As things stands you are just displaying hypocrisy typified by the adage in the bible that wonders "why you see the speck in the eyes of others when you do not see the boulder in yours? "

While you are taking everyone on , why not write GEJ to make Falana AGF/Minister of Justice in place of the new-and-improved Aondoakaa (Bello Adoke) Jonathan drafted into the job not too long ago? Abi it is only the actions of your oga's enemies you are only able to focus on?  Please come back and tell us how that one goes as well . I dey laff  grin grin
Re: I'm suing Buhari and Bakare for murder!! by Bawss1(m): 9:41am On Apr 29, 2011
I think we should not condemn or discourage the OP for wanting to take legal action against the alleged perpetrators of the recent post election violence. Those who feel other issues or areas are worthy of legal action should take action, this has already been stated by another poster here.  If you feel GEJ should be tried in court take action, if you feel MEND should be tried in court, take action.

An adage goes thus; evil thrives because good people do nothing about it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We May Negotiate With Boko Haram-presidency / Underage Voters: Court Gives INEC 90 Days To Handover Officials For Prosecution / Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.