Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,733 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. (7630 Views)

If You Are Hooking Up This December, Endeavor To See Her Face Early Morning -pic / Woman Applies ‘make Up’ On Her Face Before Accepting Her Man’s Proposal (photos) / Why Are Do All Naija Babes Have Stretch Marks On Their Behinds? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by Princek12(m): 3:46pm On Apr 22, 2011
I know that this topic has probably been explored before, but I just have to share my story and disappointment. During a visit to one American city (I also live in another American city), I met this Nigerian girl at an African club. As it is usually the norm, the club was smoky and dark, and many of the patrons, including me and the Nigerian girl whom I met, were inebriated from drinking a lot of alcohol. A quick overview detailing the circumstances under which we met will enable a better understanding of the story. After having several drinks, I walked up to the dance floor and, if I remember correctly, P-Square--the song "Do Me"--was being played. It was very dark. Standing on the side of this dance floor was this chocolate girl who was endowed in the rear and in the front. Having being smitten by her well-endowed physique, I approached her and asked for her name. She grudgingly told me her name, and I told her mine.

Even under the shadow of darkness I noticed that her face was heavily laced with make-up, but, although I generally prefer women who modestly wear make-up, I nevertheless continued to talk to her. I asked her for her number, but she initially refused, stating that she did not want to give me her number in the presence of a guy who was around, that the guy had a crush on her but she did not feel the same about him, that it would be disrespectful to him, and that she will give me later. In any event, I danced with her and took her to the VIP section of the club, where she seductively danced on my laps. We conversed and had a good time together, and I eventually got her number.

Upon returning back to the city from which I came, I called her a week later. After calling her, we conversed over the phone for several hours, and we developed good chemistry. I enjoyed talking with her, and she did the same. During one of our many conversations, she told me her birthday was approaching, and I promised to come spend the weekend with her to celebrate her birthday. I bought an inexpensive gift and booked a flight to her city. She even came to the airport and picked me up. We  had fun driving to her apartment, where she had cooked all kinds of meals in anticipation for my arrival. She was a decent cook. We had dinner together.

Subsequent to eating dinner, I changed my clothes in preparation for bed and came back to the living room, at which time she told me she had to go take a shower. I still noticed that she wore lots of make-up. After she showered, she apparently changed into her night attire and removed the make-up and came back to the living room, whereupon I looked at her face. I was shocked, and she probably noticed it. She had on her face two singluar, vertical tribal marks, one on each cheek. I felt that she failed to reveal an important information about herself to me. I felt that, first, by wearing lots of make-up to conceal the tribal marks, she had deceived me or at least misled me into believing she had no tribal marks. Second, I felt she should have asked me whether I would have no problem with dating a girl who has tribal marks. Shrugging off my disappointment, or at least making a good faith attempt to, I spent the weekend and celebrated with her, which she claimed was the best birthday celebration she ever had. I really liked her company and had a good time with her. Unfortunately, I have vowed not to date--much less marry--a girl who  has tribal marks. I am sorry I can't help if it comes off as being too vein.  Upon returning to the city from which I traveled, I told her that I can no longer talk to her, that dating girls who have tribal marks is a big issue for me, and that I felt misled by her concealing the marks with heavy make-up.
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by Dsense(m): 3:48pm On Apr 22, 2011
OP.
WHAT'S wrong with Tribal Mark?  undecided. . . . .  . . .
grin grin
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by omega25red(m): 5:46pm On Apr 22, 2011
op

you can choose who you want to be with but you are a shallow mofo who should learn to never pick up girls when you have your beer goggles on.

1 Like

Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by Princek12(m): 6:33pm On Apr 22, 2011
I know I am shallow to an exent when it concerns tribal marks.
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by Princek12(m): 6:51pm On Apr 22, 2011
D-sense:

OP.
WHAT'S wrong with Trabal Mark? undecided. . . . . . . .
grin grin
Seeing tribal marks on a girl's face bothers me. I even had bad dreams about those marks. I just can't do it.
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by jasman1: 7:12pm On Apr 22, 2011
That was so quick though from the time you 1st met her and going to her house and almost sleeping with her, hopefully you didn't. There are some I find sexually attractive in women. Pls leave her alone, she's a very lucky lady, maybe a little loose for my liking
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by Dsense(m): 9:36pm On Apr 22, 2011
Princek12:

Seeing tribal marks on a girl's face bothers me. I even had bad dreams about those marks. I just can't do it.

That's why i had to laff small right after my comment. grin grin grin

Same here oo . . .But those that have it were left out of options back then than to fight with tiger grin grin grin grin
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 22, 2011
In Yoruba Culture my parents told me that its when children break plates or Glass that they inscribe the tribal marks on their face with what they broke ,though i suspect its a lie cuz na when i break plate dem launch the story.just saying sha
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 22, 2011
1. You still fornicated with her after discovering she has tribal marks?

2. Since you frequent dark and smoky clubs with little or no lighting, hope you havent accidentally picked up a man in the past, not knowing she was a he? Or you dont mind either way.

1 Like

Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by 677ano(m): 11:27pm On Apr 22, 2011
hmm
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by Princek12(m): 11:44pm On Apr 22, 2011
tpiah!:

1. You still fornicated with her after discovering she has tribal marks?

2. Since you frequent dark and smoky clubs with little or no lighting, hope you havent accidentally picked up a man in the past, not knowing she was a he? Or you dont mind either way.

I won't admit nor deny question 1.

As to question 2, thank God I have not picked up a man. Praise the Lord.
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by Nobody: 11:47pm On Apr 22, 2011
What concerns God with this matter?
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by Advocator: 12:07am On Apr 23, 2011
tpiah!:

What concerns God with this matter?

so typical of you!  smiley

At the topic - blah blah blah, quit bluffing!
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by toyemz(f): 12:08am On Apr 23, 2011
@ Prince12

see you  you're lucky that she did not turn out to be  a ghost,shey the set back was only tribal marks?

do you have any? even one tiny dot on your face? even the blemish from a mosquito bite?

That said
hey i live in UK, pls jump on a plane come over for a visit, don't forget to buy an expensive gift oh( even though its not my birthday)
I am a fanstastic cook
and of course  you will enjoy UK
and the most important thing is i don't have any tribal marks and i am very modest with make up
so you can be sure that you wont have to turn back at heathrow because you are disappointed
having said that
if it turns out that you have a big head,thin lips or ,
i can guarantee you that you will be left at heathrow
what do you think?
you might just have lost the love of your life because of tribal marks?!!!!!! Na wa oh
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by cold(m): 12:11am On Apr 23, 2011
@Prince,i think your quick dismissal of the chick was totally uncalled for like it was her fault.I also have misgivings about girls with scarifications but i don't just dismiss them like they're lesser mortals.I let them know i have issues with such marks & may or may not continue with whatever it is we were doing.
Offtopic,In my former place of work,there was this very pretty curvaceous Yoruba chick that would have made heads turn & in fact made heads turn but for some serious scarifications.It was that bad white folks just stopped & stared,I shed a tear or two whenever  I saw her.Why did they have to do this to her  cry
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by Princek12(m): 12:37am On Apr 23, 2011
toyemz:

@ Prince12

see you  you're lucky that she did not turn out to be  a ghost,shey the set back was only tribal marks?

do you have any? even one tiny dot on your face? even the blemish from a mosquito bite?

That said
hey i live in UK, pls jump on a plane come over for a visit, don't forget to buy an expensive gift oh( even though its not my birthday)
I am a fanstastic cook
and of course  you will enjoy UK
and the most important thing is i don't have any tribal marks and i am very modest with make up
so you can be sure that you wont have to turn back at heathrow because you are disappointed
having said that
if it turns out that you have a big head,thin lips or ,
i can guarantee you that you will be left at heathrow
what do you think?
you might just have lost the love of your life because of tribal marks?!!!!!! Na wa oh

I have no tribal marks, and I think I am a pretty attractive guy, at least I have been told. Many girls always complement me about my sex appeal. And abeg oo don't leave me at Heathrow if I turn out to have a big head. grin grin grin grin grin grin

I have thought about whether she would have been the love of my life, but I am ready to deal with not having her as the love of my life if I have to see those marks everyday.

By the way, do you have a pic?
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by toyemz(f): 12:40am On Apr 23, 2011
^^^
vanity and vanity!
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by Princek12(m): 12:49am On Apr 23, 2011
toyemz:

^^^
vanity and vanity!

Toyenz, you have to try and understand my point. I would like to date a girl I can take places and show to the world. I would not like to take her with those marks. Even though it was not her fault, I can't help but be true to myself, which is to choose girls whom I will want to be around and be happy with. At the end of the day, it won't be fair to her to bring her into a relationship knowing that looking at her face would not make me happy.
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by kandiikane(m): 12:51am On Apr 23, 2011
^^How old are you?

I hope I find someone who will love my tribal marks undecided undecided
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by Nobody: 12:53am On Apr 23, 2011
^What exactly do you want nlers to do here?

Beg you or something?

You said you no fit date am- so what is this thread for?
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by Nobody: 12:54am On Apr 23, 2011
Question is for op.
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by kandiikane(m): 12:55am On Apr 23, 2011
Tpiah stop stalking me any thread I go to you follow.

I do not want you
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by cold(m): 12:56am On Apr 23, 2011
I see another war brewing
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by Nobody: 1:01am On Apr 23, 2011
Kandiikane

i'm starting to wonder if you're bipolar.

Check the thread again then look at your post.

I am not disputing any man with you abeg- i know you're worried about that.

I've indicated my post which came after yours, was meant for the op. Will modify it later.

In the meantme, stop being so worried about all the nl males for goodness sake. Me sef i dont know why they always try to make you jealous.

I'm like 20 years older than all of them, so dont let them raise your blood pressure for nothing.
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by Princek12(m): 1:02am On Apr 23, 2011
tpiah!:

^What exactly do you want nlers to do here?

Beg you or something?

I just thought I'd share it with my brethren on Nairaland. It was bothering me, and I just wanted to see if there are other Nairalanders who have experienced the same, and their opinion about what I did.
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by toyemz(f): 1:02am On Apr 23, 2011
@princek12

i see from tpiah's view point

^
What exactly do you want nlers to do here?

Beg you or something?

what really are you looking for with this thread
to assuage your guilt or what?
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by kandiikane(m): 1:06am On Apr 23, 2011
@Tpiah, I know your msg was for the OP but I also know that you are stalking me.

We are fighting for no man because it is you that wants me.
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by kandiikane(m): 1:07am On Apr 23, 2011
@OP, you have not answer my question. How old are you?
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by cold(m): 1:15am On Apr 23, 2011
Kandicane,which levels na?Abeg leave Tpia jor!Abi you no know her paroles for hia    grin
Anyways,na club get me now.Maq una enjoy
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by kandiikane(m): 1:24am On Apr 23, 2011
Na wetin concern you in dis matta?
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by Nobody: 1:39am On Apr 23, 2011
Kandiikane

are you on any type of medication.

My last word to you about your delusions. Because i dont want to feed them.
Re: I Quit Talking To Her Upon Discovering She Has Tribal Marks on her Face. by Princek12(m): 1:41am On Apr 23, 2011
kandiikane:

@OP, you have not answer my question. How old are you?

27-32.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can I Tell If My Husband Is Married In Nigeria Or Was Married Before? / Driver Caught Having Sex With His Boss' Wife. What His Boss Did Will Shock You / Men, Avoid Marrying These Kinds Of Women[Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.