Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,334 members, 7,836,401 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React (37529 Views)

Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? / Anita & Jide: Man Who Earns ₦15m Asks His Fiancee Who Earns ₦42m To Quit Her Job / Getting Married To A Man Who Earns 35,000 As Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by IYANGBALI: 5:14am On May 10, 2021
She go tey for Shiloh

2 Likes

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Nobody: 5:15am On May 10, 2021
Yes,if you marry a good and supportive wife that earns at least 120k...love covereth some expenses.
Please avoid a jobless lady

8 Likes

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by ngadaAwo: 5:15am On May 10, 2021
ThatFairGuy:
NgadaAwo, issokay. Just now you followed, I've been given a month. Are you sure you are not lala himself
please sir do I know you?

1 Like

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Nobody: 5:17am On May 10, 2021
Lalami3232:
If the man dey earn 60K and the woman dey earn 40K, that one no be 100K?
But women go agree NO!!! Dem believe say as dem get kpekus, dem don already offer millions to the marriage already grin. God bless hardworking women worldwide oooo, no be those ones wey feel say their mobile office (kpekus) is everything a man needs

Put *some women * dont generalize!!!

2 Likes

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by udemzyudex(m): 5:18am On May 10, 2021
SweetCunt97:
Yes why not? His plus mine will b sufficient until God blesses and Enlarges our coast.

Na so dem dey first talk until his plus mine becomes only mine.

3 Likes

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by ictplotter(m): 5:18am On May 10, 2021
Billyonaire666:
That can not even fuel generator for a month to power airconditioning. How will they survive with global warming?
Nigerians and busy body. Mr climatologist we ar talking about basic human needs here not luxury goods. So generator and Ac should be putting into consideration before one begins his marital life? Gone ar the days of little beginnings, today everybody want to start large n remain large. Which have resulted to today Yahoo Yahoo and runs girls between our under ages youths. Nothing wrong starting with little, as far u ar focus and keep improving yourself economically.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by na2016: 5:18am On May 10, 2021
Marriage is not compulsory. Why not work more to position yourself better for the future then you can marry? This marriage thing comes with so many responsibilities. the only major thing I see in marrying early is to have kids early but on the other side, you will lose respect and be under tremendous pressure if you marry without a good income. With the 60K, you can plan and achieve a lot for your future if you are living alone with a modest lifestyle and not in Lagos or Abuja.

11 Likes

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by uniquelyspecial(m): 5:20am On May 10, 2021
DemonInvoker:

Graduate(Bachelors Degree) Which One Be Fresh Graduate For Civil Service?!In Which Federal Ministry Exactly Sef....With The Minimum Wage Buhari Finally Added To All Federal Civil Servants Even Junior Civil Servants?!Which Level You Even Think Say Graduate Dey Take Enter The Federal Civil Service?!Some Of You Whenever You Want To Portray Something Bad,You Just Lie To Make It Look Really Bad,Why?!
Leave that minimum wage thing ooo. For our end, him add am, then remove by other means, so officially, it appears minum wage is being paid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Zetty177x: 5:23am On May 10, 2021
U go eat sand. 60,000 can't even take care of one person

3 Likes

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by jwax: 5:26am On May 10, 2021
Nigerian men shoulder too much responsibilities. Even an ordinary boyfriend here carries the responsibility of what a father of 5 outside carries and this is because of useless societal norms, traditions and religion.

What do you expect when a pastor starts preaching that the man is the head of the house and his mind set and the mind set of the congregants is focused around money! Money! Money...

Person go kill himself say him wan marry.

Las Las Nigeria is moving the way of the west... Contract marriage and baby mama boom is what we will get since our ladies are becoming greedy and bunch of liabilities.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by ayodejimayowa: 5:26am On May 10, 2021
StanbicDesign:
All I see is bunch of liabilities
they forbid those women to work too.....support there men?
No more love

1 Like

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Iamaboonasir(m): 5:27am On May 10, 2021
YoungLionken:
That amount is too small to begin a marital journey.. Kids school fees, feeding, rentage, transport...

You wrong my brother, with right planning and self contentment make God come give you your own wife join u good to go (no be all this slay girls out there)

I know of a guy with 4 kids his wife is just a full house wife,she does nothing! Just stay at home all day taking care of the house and kids,even from the little her husband drop's she still do ajo/contribution inside..... This guy salary for a month I doubt if e reach 40k sef (40k kini, highest 25/30k)...this guy's currently living in his own house, all his kids dey go school aside the last child who is just few months old,they on gen from 7-10/11pm everyday (considering the cost of fuel)..... So my brother it's possible when u with the right person, it might be tough o but then with right channel of resources it will def work..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Goldbw122(m): 5:28am On May 10, 2021
My brother above me said it all.. thanks

3 Likes

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Herbephe1(m): 5:39am On May 10, 2021
Why must ladies depend on their husbands' salary, aren't they planning of working too, we're supposed to be helping each other

1 Like

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Gloriagee(f): 5:41am On May 10, 2021
No
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Juliearth(f): 5:42am On May 10, 2021
eljayson:
Does love really conquer all? Including poverty?

This economy has opened the eyes of everyone to the importance of having money.

The price of everything has gone up and love no go work if money no enter.

Recently, a pastor said his wife married him in 2016 when he was making 60k monthly.

This made us go into the streets to ask people if they can brave it and still marry someone who makes 60k monthly.
See what they said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MT2EcoRGbY&t=6s

mynd44, Rocktation, farano

He earns 60k, but that is not the total cash in-flow for the month. I am expected to earn as well. Thus, assuming I earn about 200k monthly, that should bring our total cash in-flow to 260k, which is fair enough for an average family.

2 Likes

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by maasoap(m): 5:44am On May 10, 2021
The most important thing is that both shouldn't stop looking for other legitimate sources of income even if the income is more than 60k a month.
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by maasoap(m): 5:47am On May 10, 2021
Iamaboonasir:

You wrong my brother, with right planning and self contentment make God come give you your own fine join u good to go (no be all this slay girls out there)

I know of a guy with 4 kids his wife is just a full house wife,she does nothing! Just stay at home all day taking care of the house and kids,even from the little her husband drop's she still do ajo/contribution inside..... This guy salary for month I doubt if e reach 40k sef (40k kini, highest 25/30k)...this guy's is currently living in his own house, all his kids dey go school aside the last child who is just few months old,they on gen from 7-10/11pm everyday (considering the cost of fuel) ..... So my brother it's possible when u with the right person, it might be tough o but then with right channel of resources it will def work..

Judge it yourself based on his 30k/40k salary if that was possible, they had another source(s) of income

4 Likes

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Dpaulie(m): 6:10am On May 10, 2021
adg98:
Yes I can
60K is fair enough

And of course, added yours will even make it better and more comfortable
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by DrFunmisticGlow: 6:10am On May 10, 2021
eljayson:
Does love really conquer all? Including poverty?

This economy has opened the eyes of everyone to the importance of having money.

The price of everything has gone up and love no go work if money no enter.

Recently, a pastor said his wife married him in 2016 when he was making 60k monthly.

This made us go into the streets to ask people if they can brave it and still marry someone who makes 60k monthly.
See what they said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MT2EcoRGbY&t=6s

mynd44, Rocktation, farano
no,
In a battle between love and poverty, poverty always trumps love.

3 Likes

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Mightyhaiz: 6:10am On May 10, 2021
SeriouslySense:
we can
Terra Hawks.. 80s animation space movie.. cheesy
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Dpaulie(m): 6:11am On May 10, 2021
maasoap:

Judge it yourself based on his 30k/40k salary if that was possible, they had another source(s) of income
And with this your analysis, you think u get sense?
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by gare2510(m): 6:24am On May 10, 2021
Guys pls be wise as you choose life partners no be only women sabi find rich husbands you too like for girls with dual citizenship (UK, US or Canada), from rich connected family, earns enough money to cater for her Bill's first then see if you can fall in love with her, if love works you marry if e no work you move. Have your in checklist that should weeds out liabilities, mannerless people. In other words collect CVs and consider them carefully as an investor seeking to employ a manager for his investments.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Doyou2019: 6:26am On May 10, 2021
Toosure70:
Private school teachers with 30k salaries are married. Must you marry expensive olosho?

Good point.
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Oyiboman69: 6:28am On May 10, 2021
bercarray:
If not for the way things are been done, we've been made to believe that fathers pay every single bill in the house, getting married with 60k isn't bad, provided my wife will be working too, and also we'll be working towards increasing our income too along the line, because along the line responsibilities will come; kids, school fees and all. But as it is now that it's the men that will take care of everything, even if madam dey work, they will keep their money saying father should provide, don't even try to settle with that amount. But if it's both parties that are contributing I see nothing wrong in that.
the only reasonable answer... you're the man....
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by witworth(m): 6:33am On May 10, 2021
It is not everyone economy determines whether they will marry or not, if one waits for Nigeria economy to be better, one may not marry again in life.
And about the 60k, if one cuts his or her clothe according to his or her size, one will marry even at 50k salary.
Anybody can have his or her own different opinion but no one should come and force his or her own opinion on anyone here. Some people that says no are even jobless and still frustrated for having nothing yet.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by galaxy2020(m): 6:43am On May 10, 2021
Only young ladies have that option, those of them age has caught up with them and have something little doing, marry guys with little or nothing doing.

4 Likes

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by maasoap(m): 6:46am On May 10, 2021
Iamabo:

You wrong my brother, with right planning and self contentment make God come give you your own fine join u good to go (no be all this slay girls out there)

I know of a guy with 4 kids his wife is just a full house wife,she does nothing! Just stay at home all day taking care of the house and kids,even from the little her husband drop's she still do ajo/contribution inside..... This guy salary for month I doubt if e reach 40k sef (40k kini, highest 25/30k)...this guy's is currently living in his own house, all his kids dey go school aside the last child who is just few months old,they on gen from 7-10/11pm everyday (considering the cost of fuel)..... So my brother it's possible when u with the right person, it might be tough o but then with right channel of resources it will def work..

maasoap:

Dpaulie:

And with this your analysis, you think u get sense?

What analysis did I do in my post, Mr Senseless? I merely quoted someone who did analysis to look at it again that something was missing.

2 Likes

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by des4ella(m): 6:52am On May 10, 2021
I was earning less than 60k (45k) when I got married; and Babe wasn't working. You just have to marry someone who support your vision. Above all get side hustle.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Pharaohny: 6:54am On May 10, 2021
I can't shout

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Ikpongiton: 6:54am On May 10, 2021
SweetCunt97:
Yes why not? His plus mine will b sufficient until God blesses and Enlarges our coast.
Almighty God will bless and enlarge your coast.And your sweet cunt will be lubricated with honey. Tara.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Gkemz: 6:55am On May 10, 2021
Earning 60k is not the issue of concern but what other side hustle are you doing to compliment it. The profit from your side hustles sometimes would be enough to sustain your family bills without having to spend your salary.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

9 Years Transformation Photos Of About To Wed Couple / What Does It Mean When A Boy Stares At You But He's Not Smiling / Lizzy Oke Curved Husband When He Asked Her Out Before Her Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.