Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React (37539 Views)

Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? / Anita & Jide: Man Who Earns ₦15m Asks His Fiancee Who Earns ₦42m To Quit Her Job / Getting Married To A Man Who Earns 35,000 As Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:23am On May 10, 2021
FlutterDollar99:

You get time to dey reply that thing. She's not fit to be dignified with a response. Go through all her posts, she is bitter and obviously lack love.
Go through her threads you'll see it

Lol. Uncle, are you her mouthpiece? Isi ube.
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:25am On May 10, 2021
God2man2again:
All I see is a thread encouraging gold diggers spouse.

Even below #60k, you can marry. Rome is not built in a day.

Watch the testimony of Mrs Faith Oyedepo on you tube and thank me later.

Despise not the day of small beginning, I believe with God, all things are possible.

Start small and grow big says the motivational speakers.

Can you compare the economy of those days to ours? Be realistic, please. What can 60K presently do for someone in this present-day economy?
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Nobody: 9:36am On May 10, 2021
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by SeriouslySense(m): 9:45am On May 10, 2021
Yes o, na the terrahawks, haha, i enjoyed the animation sha

Mightyhaiz:
Terra Hawks.. 80s animation space movie.. cheesy
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Olumyyde(m): 9:47am On May 10, 2021
Ferdinandu:

Sorry for you, you are living in limbo. Maybe you are hustling, praying and fasting all night for government job to cure poverty then you are on a long thing. Except few juicy parastatal like NNPC, NCC etc then para military like FRSC. That I wrote there is what most civil servants earns in this country. If you see one living above that, he either have a side hustle or have a serious runs going on in his office. Nigeria is bad like that face the truth
You know people when they hear federal government worker they think it's luxury. Not until I got employed I knew what's up.
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Assumptabeke(f): 9:50am On May 10, 2021
I cannot even marry myself with that kind of salary. If my monthly income is not up to a 6 digit figure, I nor dey follow any man start family life.

1 Like

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by averageguy(m): 9:57am On May 10, 2021
Juliearth:

He earns 60k, but that is not the total cash in-flow for the month. I am expected to earn as well. Thus, assuming I earn about 200k monthly, that should bring our total cash in-flow to 260k, which is fair enough for an average family.

I remember there was another post last week asking if people can date higher than their statuses, and the consensus among many was that it wasn't ideal for them. So, you have a lady who possibly has to deal with a man's insecurities because she makes 3-4 times more, and in a society where a lot of men still believe house work and cooking is beneath them to support their wives.

I'm sure there are problematic ladies who never want to assist their husbands at all financially too, so, in the end, hopefully we all find the right person who believes the same things we do.

Strangely as well, no one seems to be talking about the guy in the video who said he couldn't marry a lady making 60k. People are much quicker to disparage any lady who might feel the same.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Bsmiles49(f): 10:00am On May 10, 2021
Yes they can get married but both should make proper financial plans before they start having kids

1 Like

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Nathaniel111(m): 10:11am On May 10, 2021
60k can never be sufficient to cater for yourself not to talk of wife and kids.
As a man you will av to consider the following....

Yearly accommodation fee,
Cost of transportation to your work place,
monthly feeding,
children school fees,
children clothings,
cooking Gas refill,
medical bill,
electricity bill,
waste management bill,
cost of fuelling your Generator set,
Church tithe and offering,

Wife want plat hair..
your simblings keep calling for help.
Mom and Dad will surely reap the fruit of their labour.

..... tell me bro, will you be able to cloth yourself ? Talkless of being capable of buying recharge card on your mobile phone to call or buy Data.

Lets all admit that is not easy to be a Man in NIGERIA!

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:14am On May 10, 2021
samuelonyewueny:

Please take it easy...it is almost impossible for anyone to change anyone. As for me, I've come to love them like that. So far as I am concerned, ladies are babies (age irrespective). Know this and know peace. wink

You're 1000% right.

1 Like

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by fortune1968: 10:14am On May 10, 2021
Lalami3232:
If the man dey earn 60K and the woman dey earn 40K, that one no be 100K?
But women go agree NO!!! Dem believe say as dem get kpekus, dem don already offer millions to the marriage already grin. God bless hardworking women worldwide oooo, no be those ones wey feel say their mobile office (kpekus) is everything a man needs
Thank you . Most women will not like to spend a penny on the family . Even on their own child . Everything must come from the man .
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by bamisho: 10:14am On May 10, 2021
JB4life:
When it comes to marriage expenses,some women would recognize that it's the duty of the husband to provide,but when it comes to simple recognition and respect of the man as the head of the family,they would be ranting gender equality....mtchew

Most women wouldn’t mind bringing their own salary to the table but the problem is the type of men that still want all house duties to be the wife’s alone. How is that fair?

2 Likes

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by ComingKing: 10:24am On May 10, 2021
YoungLionken:
That amount is too small to begin a marital journey.. Kids school fees, feeding, rentage, transport...

She you want to birth 5 kids at once ni?
Rent: get what you can afford
Feeding: if you can feed yourself, feeding another person is not problem
Transport: Everyone to his own

1 Like

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Blackdisciple(m): 10:34am On May 10, 2021
Lalami3232:
If the man dey earn 60K and the woman dey earn 40K, that one no be 100K?
But women go agree NO!!! Dem believe say as dem get kpekus, dem don already offer millions to the marriage already grin. God bless hardworking women worldwide oooo, no be those ones wey feel say their mobile office (kpekus) is everything a man needs

Hmmm deep

1 Like

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:45am On May 10, 2021
Women sud go nd work. Find a man workin too nd build ur family together.
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Olumyyde(m): 10:46am On May 10, 2021
ictplotter:

Nigerians and busy body. Mr climatologist we ar talking about basic human needs here not luxury goods. So generator and Ac should be putting into consideration before one begins his marital life? Gone ar the days of little beginnings, today everybody want to start large n remain large. Which have resulted to today Yahoo Yahoo and runs girls between our under ages youths. Nothing wrong starting with little, as far u ar focus and keep improving yourself economically.
GOD bless you.
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Olumyyde(m): 10:47am On May 10, 2021
Zetty177x:
U go eat sand. 60,000 can't even take care of one person
Pure lie.
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Apb0012016(m): 11:07am On May 10, 2021
SweetCunt97:
Yes why not? His plus mine will b sufficient until God blesses and Enlarges our coast.
God bless u personally and enlarge your coast for this idea alone
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by ibedun: 11:12am On May 10, 2021
Iamaboonasir:

We all live on HOPE

No Sir! That’s why some live better lives than others.
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by McStoic(m): 11:25am On May 10, 2021
SweetCunt97:
Yes why not? His plus mine will b sufficient until God blesses and Enlarges our coast.

With this your moniker You still get mind dey mention God dey quote Bible on top join. I bow tie you ooo
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by emmnprince(m): 11:27am On May 10, 2021
Burgerlomo:

Is it shake the bride or kizz the bride grin

It is shake the bride our culture accept! Kizz the bride is a foreign culture! We are not foreigners!
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Sunisonflex39(m): 11:31am On May 10, 2021
DemonInvoker:
Lolzzzz,Guy Seems You Want To Disrespect Me grin Chairman Like Me,Infact Send Me Your Account Details...My Peace Of Mind Is Telling Me To Bless You With Nothing Less Than 10K Tomorrow.
0052566722 access.. Boss bless a student too.. It's not easy.. Thank u
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Burgerlomo: 11:53am On May 10, 2021
emmnprince:

It is shake the bride our culture accept! Kizz the bride is a foreign culture! We are not foreigners!

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Juliearth(f): 12:17pm On May 10, 2021
averageguy:

I remember there was another post last week asking if people can date higher than their statuses, and the consensus among many was that it wasn't ideal for them. So, you have a lady who possibly has to deal with a man's insecurities because she makes 3-4 times more, and in a society where a lot of men still believe house work and cooking is beneath them to support their wives.

I'm sure there are problematic ladies who never want to assist their husbands at all financially too, so, in the end, hopefully we all find the right person who believes the same things we do.

Strangely as well, no one seems to be talking about the guy in the video who said he couldn't marry a lady making 60k. People are much quicker to disparage any lady who might feel the same.

I understand your concerns, bro and trust me, they are valid. I do not pray that my husband's finances should dwindle down below mine, but you know what they say about life being a butch, so that could happen.

A lot of men in this kind of setting feel insecure because the wives who earn more dispense the cash. For instance if the children's school fees are due, the wife pays, if they are due for their monthly stipends, the wife pays, the wife foots the electricity, water and other utility bills, she stocks the pantry... Any man, with blood running through his veins and is not a simp nor a Gigolo would feel insecure.

Thus, my point of view on this issue is culled out of the perspective that in an ideal home, the couple involved should run a joint account and monthly, a certain "percentage" (note that I said percentage and not amount) should be remitted to that account. If my husband earns lower than I do and we operate the percentage remittance system for family runs, he shouldn't feel less of a man (unless if his insecurity is deeply rooted and unfounded). In addition to the measure above, all credit alerts may be disabled so he doesn't have to see the chunk that I pull in and also his chunk. I may also allow him manage this account solely.

A woman who understands what partnership truly means won't see the need to be stingy with her money in marriage.

2 Likes

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Teewon20(m): 12:22pm On May 10, 2021
In nigeria presently,to see someone earning 60k a month z even rare except u stay in lagos and if the person removes t.fare from it,the money z finished...thats why people dont get married dz day except ur family z really okay

1 Like

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by samonak(m): 12:27pm On May 10, 2021
OnlyDeCapPlease:

If man dey earn 60k and the woman dey earn 40k, family income is still 60k.

Don't ask me why grin

1 Like

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Olaideolayemi(m): 1:15pm On May 10, 2021
YoungLionken:
That amount is too small to begin a marital journey.. Kids school fees, feeding, rentage, transport...
oga you can't calculate that one Abeg..you just started, before kids come, everything go better..but feeding, paying rent is possible if you have good spouse and good management skills..
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Olaideolayemi(m): 1:16pm On May 10, 2021
YoungLionken:
oga you don't can't calculate that one Abeg..you just started, before kids come, everything go better..but feeding, paying rent is possible if you have good spouse and good management skills..
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Blueelf: 1:32pm On May 10, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

I know you are desperately searching for a man, so you are trying to be in your good books. As old age don come na, your brain don reset. I bet you wouldn't say this in your early-mid 20s. Aunty Juli Juli. So, you no mind bring 200K into the welfare of the home make your husband bring lesser? Trying too hard to be too true.

This girl

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Blueelf: 1:33pm On May 10, 2021
As a man, I wouldn't advice any Lady to try it ooo

Abeg, if una no like una sef, pity the kids you may try to foolishly bring into the world

Besides, nothing causes marital problems like the scarcity of funds

2 Likes

Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Blueelf: 1:38pm On May 10, 2021
God2man2again:
All I see is a thread encouraging gold diggers spouse.

Even below #60k, you can marry. Rome is not built in a day.

Watch the testimony of Mrs Faith Oyedepo on you tube and thank me later.

Despise not the day of small beginning, I believe with God, all things are possible.

Start small and grow big says the motivational speakers.

You see those people called motivational speakers have landed their audience in more troubles than necessary

You better be wise my bro. No go they measure trouser length with another person o
Re: In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React by Blueelf: 1:41pm On May 10, 2021
Zetty177x:
U go eat sand. 60,000 can't even take care of one person

Help me tell them oo

They are living in Nollywood land

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dear God, Frustrate All Single Guys Into Marriage This Year – Lady Prays (Video / Who Says Women Are Not Attracted By What They See? / Today Signs That She Is Going To Be A "Pain In The Neck" Tomorrow.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.