Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) (14608 Views)

PDP :jimi Agbaje Spotted Waiting To Be Accredited Also !! / Fire Guts FCT High Court’s Probate Section / Fire Guts Ebonyi House Of Assembly Complex (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by tosinaded(m): 9:26pm On Apr 29, 2011
if i become the president of Nigeria. . anything that concerns election matters in the NORTH will be handled by ARMED MILITARY MEN!
from registeration/voting officials, security, INEC official etc
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by eruudy(m): 9:56pm On Apr 29, 2011
If i had a gun , i will pull it out and shoot every "Muslim Hausas" All of them are just like the cows they rear , embarassed
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by EPOMA(m): 10:08pm On Apr 29, 2011
tosinaded@:

if i become the president of Nigeria. .  anything that concerns election matters in the NORTH will be handled by ARMED MILITARY MEN!
from registeration/voting officials, security, INEC official etc

This still shows where we go wrong, army in any where in the world are called in to do what they know best, where they have disaster, war and so on. Army are not trained to pick out or tell people ages, they are trained to obey, so if they are told to register anybody, they will still do the same thing. Go and do your research more to see the best way to handle all this or call in companies that can eliminate this and not the army. This is where Nigeria still gets it wrong. The new world era now is  technology based.

The last time I saw Nigerian army in action is during Godwills Akpabio's (PDP) campaign where okada men were doing frog jump and during Goodluck's campaign in delta state where a comedian was being beaten up by the army. So army is not the solution
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by tosinaded(m): 10:18pm On Apr 29, 2011
EPOMA:

[b][/b]

This still shows where we go wrong, army in any where in the world are called in to do what they know best, where they have disaster, war and so on. Army are not trained to pick out or tell people ages, they are trained to obey, so if they are told to register anybody, they will still do the same thing. Go and do your research more to see the best way to handle all this or call in companies that can eliminate this and not the army. This is where Nigeria still gets it wrong. The new world era now is  technology based.

The last time I saw Nigerian army in action is during Godwills Akpabio's (PDP) campaign where okada men were doing frog jump and during Goodluck's campaign in delta state where a comedian was being beaten up by the army. So army is not the solution
my friend technology wnt stop the violence in the north!

The reason why dis children get to vote, is cos no1 can stop them. . . Try it and get killed!
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by tosinaded(m): 10:19pm On Apr 29, 2011
EPOMA:

[b][/b]

The reason why dis children get to vote, is cos no1 can stop them. . . Try it and get killed!
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by EPOMA(m): 11:07pm On Apr 29, 2011
tosinaded@:

I dont believe in impossibility, try what and get killed. Please explain. How come we don't have an under age governor or politician in the north.
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by noblefada: 11:12pm On Apr 29, 2011
Well today i will not keep quiet, i've been following posts on nairaland but usually don't post any comment. I've bin very disappointed about the way people just post comments, see the truth is if you've not lived up north, you wont understand somethings about their culture, so please stop sitting behind ur PC and just post comments, forgetting that there are people actually involved in this. Do you know what it feels like to see rioters coming after you with big sticks and cutlasses with no help at site. Believe me, this last riot i was just 20 yards from them, wen they destroyed the police station in front of where i'm staying, its not a pretty feeling at all. It left alot of people traumatized for days!

About the under aged voters, yes its absolutely true! for those of you giving lame excuses after seeing the picture, well accept it or not its true, becos i witnessed it 1st hand. You see in the core north, there 3 different dwelling areas
1. Where its exclusively southerners or xtian such as sabo gari

2. A mixed population of both southerners and hausas, this is where you've the highest casualty & victims of any crises.

3. finally the exclusively hausa community, where no matter how cheap the accommodation, you'll never see southerner in that area, talkless of living there.

I happen to be in the third community, can't disclose where due to security reasons, believe it is a HOSTILE environment.

I went out to vote during the presidential election and got there a few minutes to 12 noon, since i didn't vote in the previous election and knew i could not even show my self for the governorship election (because i'm too young to die)i decided to do independent observer, so i stood very close to  the ballot box just to observe. To my utter dismay and frustration i watch as 9-12 year old children line up with adults and cast their vote, i counted nothing less than 15 of them both male and female and no one raised an eye brow, not the security forces, the inec staff or even corpers, because it was normal in that area. I almost went mad!

Wahalli! if it was lag, i would hav started trouble there. Yes i was with my camera, but who born me make i take picture! Look in the north, just one look at you and they will know that you're not one of them and as long as you're in their community, they will kill you right there and no one will ask any questions, thats why its very dangerous for southerners living in the north, you cannot move around freely or go to some places if you value you life.

Thats why i don't pity buhari, i'm not a pdp fan becos i can never vote for any one contesting under pdp. How do i know they voted for CPC? in that PU pdp did not get 1 vote of the over 500 casted, no not one, even the pdp agent with the pdp  tag voted for cpc and held it up for people to see.

That's why during the riot, they attacked their own people who where pdp members 1st, followed by corpers and finally xtians, becos they said they were d ones that voted for GEJ.

What am I trying to say? Buhari has no moral right to say the election was rigged or was not free & fair, becos he did not also play by the rule. "He that has no Sin, let him Cast the first Stone". Pls relay this message to Pst Tunde Bakare  also.
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by Dsense(m): 11:16pm On Apr 29, 2011
OP.

Not new to us . , . . . undecided
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by tosinaded(m): 11:30pm On Apr 29, 2011
EPOMA:

[b][/b]

I dont believe in impossibility, try what and get killed. Please explain. How come we don't have an under age governor or politician in the north.

whats ur logic? U re not making sense to me!
I said no1 dares stop them, u re talkn abt impossibility
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by EPOMA(m): 11:43pm On Apr 29, 2011
noblefada:

Well today i will not keep quiet, i've been following posts on nairaland but usually don't post any comment. I've bin very disappointed about the way people just post comments, see the truth is if you've not lived up north, you wont understand somethings about their culture, so please stop sitting behind your PC and just post comments, forgetting that there are people actually involved in this. Do you know what it feels like to see rioters coming after you with big sticks and cutlasses with no help at site. Believe me, this last riot i was just 20 yards from them, wen they destroyed the police station in front of where i'm staying, its not a pretty feeling at all. It left alot of people traumatized for days!

About the under aged voters, yes its absolutely true! for those of you giving lame excuses after seeing the picture, well accept it or not its true, becos i witnessed it 1st hand. You see in the core north, there 3 different dwelling areas
1. Where its exclusively southerners or xtian such as sabo gari

2. A mixed population of both southerners and hausas, this is where you've the highest casualty & victims of any crises.

3. finally the exclusively hausa community, where no matter how cheap the accommodation, you'll never see southerner in that area, talkless of living there.

I happen to be in the third community, can't disclose where due to security reasons, believe it is a HOSTILE environment.

I went out to vote during the presidential election and got there a few minutes to 12 noon, since i didn't vote in the previous election and knew i could not even show my self for the governorship election (because i'm too young to die)i decided to do independent observer, so i stood very close to  the ballot box just to observe. T[b]o my utter dismay and frustration i watch as 9-12 year old children line up with adults and cast their vote, i counted nothing less than 15 of them both male and female and no one raised an eye brow, not the security forces, the inec staff or even corpers, because it was normal in that area. I almost went mad![/b]

Wahalli! if it was lag, i would hav started trouble there. Yes i was with my camera, but who born me make i take picture! Look in the north, just one look at you and they will know that you're not one of them and as long as you're in their community, they will kill you right there and no one will ask any questions, thats why its very dangerous for southerners living in the north, you cannot move around freely or go to some places if you value you life.

Thats why i don't pity buhari, i'm not a pdp fan becos i can never vote for any one contesting under pdp. How do i know they voted for CPC? in that PU pdp did not get 1 vote of the over 500 casted, no not one, even the pdp agent with the pdp  tag voted for cpc and held it up for people to see.

That's why during the riot, they attacked their own people who where pdp members 1st, followed by corpers and finally xtians, becos they said they were d ones that voted for GEJ.

What am I trying to say? Buhari has no moral right to say the election was rigged or was not free & fair, becos he did not also play by the rule. "He that has no Sin, let him Cast the first Stone". Pls relay this message to Pst Tunde Bakare  also.

Well said, I do agree with all you have just said. My questions are

1. Was Buhari part of the government that register this voters

2. With proper Intelligence from SSS and other security agencies, dont  you think there are rooms for improvement towards protecting citizenz and non indegienes in an area.

What I am saying here is that every serious country most have a strong strategy to tackle situations so that it doesnt arise again, but in Nigeria everything is taken for granted. There are loads of solutions to all this problems but as you said everyone in Nigeria thinks like the ones on nairaland.    I leaved in Kano at nomans land in the 80's and I had never entered Kano city for fear of being killed for any small reason. A country that has 3 tiers of government and a military should not experience such but the issue is that no one addresses this not until when there is roits and killings, we start talking about it for like a month and after that back to normal.

This issues can be resolved with a proper government. Do ask yourself, could all this riot or militancy happen during the abacha's time and the answer is no. It takes a focused government, all am seeing Goodluck do now at least for the next 3 months is receiving dignitaries  congratulating him for winning and the looting continues, I might be wrong
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by guvna(m): 11:57pm On Apr 29, 2011
Backward Northeners!!! shocked shocked :oWhen will you people change? Plus all your false sharia laws!!
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by femeluaka(m): 12:27am On Apr 30, 2011
They're not children. The youngest one is atleast 35.

[i][/i]i agree.these people don't eat good food, what about aki and pawpaw,are they elligible?
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by okunoba(m): 12:52am On Apr 30, 2011
@Alloy Emeka, I like your sarcasm, too bad your audience didn`t get it. If only they knew you were just being funny. You are best off just saying it like it is, instead of beating around the bush.
Nigeria Kwenu
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by noblefada: 1:04am On Apr 30, 2011
@ Epoma
I agree with you that Buhari was not there wen they were registering, but to tell me that cpc did not know that under age will vote in the north is akin to me telling you dat i don't the difference of living in the south and living in the north, as i said earlier for them its normal, its their right. The truth is that that you can accuse some in court for committing a crime, wen you were an accomplice! in layman words, i cannot charge my friend to court for not sharing the money we both robbed from a bank equally.

For ur 2nd question, which you've answered already, nigeria don't have the will power to do it. b4 a southerner will walk as a free man in the north, he go tey well! well!!. See during the last crises, after we were almost attacked, one of my neighbor an Ibo chap was so afraid and unsettled, He only calm down wen he finally got into the barracks, in his words "i'm not afraid of dying, but wat scares me to death is dying at the hands of hopeless children with no way to defend myself", Its the same feeling that many people leave the north during this crises never to come back! You may never feel secure here, becos its truly an hostile enviroment!
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by 49cents(m): 1:30am On Apr 30, 2011
this is so funny,
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by EPOMA(m): 1:47am On Apr 30, 2011
noblefada:

@ Epoma
I agree with you that Buhari was not there wen they were registering, but to tell me that cpc did not know that under age will vote in the north is akin to me telling you dat i don't the difference of living in the south and living in the north, as i said earlier for them its normal, its their right. The truth is that that you can accuse some in court for committing a crime, wen you were an accomplice! in layman words, i cannot charge my friend to court for not sharing the money we both robbed from a bank equally.

For your 2nd question, which you've answered already, nigeria don't have the will power to do it. b4 a southerner will walk as a free man in the north, he go tey well! well!!. See during the last crises, after we were almost attacked, one of my neighbor an Ibo chap was so afraid and unsettled, He only calm down wen he finally got into the barracks, in his words "i'm not afraid of dying, but wat scares me to death is dying at the hands of hopeless children with no way to defend myself", Its the same feeling that many people leave the north during this crises never to come back! You may never feel secure here, becos its truly an hostile enviroment!

So is there a way that this people could be made to understand that it is not their right but the right of every Nigerian, is there a way that the hopeless kids could be made hopeful.
I always believe that if the average northener where made to know that most of Nigerian wealth comes from the south and that southerners need to be treated well in the north, they would listen. After all even the most harden ruler like Abacha approved 13% revenue to oil producing states, the northern politicians voted for the creation of NDDC because all of them are now aware of this fact.
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by Yorubah(m): 9:08am On Apr 30, 2011
No be today na so Nigeria dey i hope things change for better soon before man pickin old lol grin grin
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by Ifebazz(m): 9:23am On Apr 30, 2011
sha na all des under aged buhari take dey count votes wey he suppose take win GEJ abi? angry he must have been sick
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by Goldieluks: 10:22am On Apr 30, 2011
why are they doing this?
i wish they would stop and turn to God.
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by enomakos(m): 10:32am On Apr 30, 2011
femeluaka:

They're not children. The youngest one is atleast 35.

[i][/i]i agree.these people don't eat good food, what about aki and pawpaw,are they elligible?

those kids do not look like aki and pawpaw
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by tpia5: 10:47am On Apr 30, 2011
I'm not sure those people are underage . Except for the boy in orange, they could very well be 17 or 18, who knows.

We have to find a means of stopping this recurring violence all over nigeria.

And btw, can gej try to develop the north more. Poverty is a factor in many of these crisis, imo.
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by Nicedeen: 11:52am On Apr 30, 2011
I disagree with you all. Somebody register those kids during the voter's registration. Did the registration officer not see that they were under age? Once they have genuine voter's card they are eligible to vote. The system was faulty right from day 1 so you cant blame them for coming out to vote.
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by paddyman(m): 12:10pm On Apr 30, 2011
But pls note that pix showing goat voting is actually photoshopped, it is not real. If you zoom close, you would observe that the goat is not holding the ballot paper. So pls stop circulating the pix. Just my two cents.
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 30, 2011
Now I know where GEJ's northern votes came from, Feedeefee,
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by autokeys: 1:35pm On Apr 30, 2011
listen guys, i was born and grew up in the northern part of Nigeria for over 25 years. I am not surprised. It is their way of life. Tuwo Tuwo people and kulikuli,
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by citypage: 3:45pm On Apr 30, 2011
grin ; grin ;And i can see a police Man standing beside them, na wa oooo,
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by Olumogun: 7:58pm On Apr 30, 2011
enomakos:

those kids do not look like aki and pawpaw

Nigeria We Hail Thee! grin
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by herobest: 7:44pm On May 01, 2011
FOR YOUR TOEFL GRE SAT GMAT CGFNS ALEVEL REGISTRATION,TRAINING AND RUNS,PLEASECONTACT ME. de_iykiman@yahoo.com.08034769772
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by hackney(m): 10:43pm On May 01, 2011
Those desert animals have nothing to offer nigeria.
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by Nobody: 12:22am On May 02, 2011
See PDP rigging!!!
which party needed underage voters to win the North Buhari of PDP

think logically people angry
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by Demdem(m): 5:08pm On May 02, 2011
noblefada:

@ Epoma

For your 2nd question, which you've answered already, nigeria don't have the will power to do it. b4 a southerner will walk as a free man in the north, he go tey well! well!!. See during the last crises, after we were almost attacked, one of my neighbor an Ibo chap was so afraid and unsettled, He only calm down wen he finally got into the barracks, in his words "i'm not afraid of dying, but wat scares me to death is dying at the hands of hopeless children with no way to defend myself", Its the same feeling that many people leave the north during this crises never to come back! You may never feel secure here, becos its truly an hostile enviroment!

Noblefada, its seems to me now that many of these underage voters did vote for CPC during the presidential elections however without Buhari's consent. Most likely also, these underage voters also voted during the NASS and governorship elections in which the PDP carried the day.
Once again let me state that the govt should be held accountable for allowing these young chaps in the voters registers.
Re: Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) by skelemba: 9:11pm On May 02, 2011
To know what's happening in your world, follow us @mypages10 on twitter. If you are not on twitter, stay abreast and get a free twitter account. www.twitter.com/mypages10.
Also get a chance to win free recharge cards on our weekly quiz. Tell your friends and family.
Email us on mypages1.0@gmail.com for enquiry. The Weekly quiz holds every Sunday from 4pm-6pm.
Prize goes to the first correct answer via retweet.(Please do not send your answers via direct message) do let us know the mobile network you use alongside your answer when you are retweeting.
U can also say that '@mypages10 provides u with the latest tweets on what's happening around the globe so you can be sure to stay intouch with you world even as you tweet.
Please Note weekly quiz start from the 22nd of may 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kill Abu Qaqa's Father In Maidugiri / Is Governor Umahi The Best Performing In Terms Of Salary Payment? / Saraki Commissions Remodelled Senate Press Centre In Abuja (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.