Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Should I Wait For Him? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Wait For Him? (1684 Views)

So This Guy Can't Wait For Honey Moon To Start(picture) Hilarious / Do You Wait For Your Spouse Before You Eat? / How Long Should I Wait Before I Ask Her Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Wait For Him? by Wyntah: 5:31am On Apr 27, 2011
Guys I'm really in a delimma and I'l appreciate sincere straight advise.I'v been in a relationship with a guy for six years now.He is caring and tolerant but he tells his parent that we are just friends. I'm a graduate,got a job and am not getting any younger. my mum wants me to get married but I'm having cold feet cos I luv him and he begs me to give him time to go for NYSC and then get a job.I dont want to wait in vain and at the same time, I dont want to lose this guy cos he is a gud man.What do I do?pls help
Re: Should I Wait For Him? by BABE3: 5:42am On Apr 27, 2011
Wait for the guy now. Shebi NYSC is a year thing. hmm wait.

Don't force him into marraige o. It's never a good ending (Well, most of the time). wink
Re: Should I Wait For Him? by Nekai(f): 5:45am On Apr 27, 2011
How old are the both of you? If he is 20-25 then I think he wants to experience some freedom and independence before he thinks about marriage. If you are 25-30, keep your options open and if someone else comes along and he still isn't ready, just let him know that you need to take a break from the relationship.
Six years is a long time. I think you should wait it out. No need to make any hasty decisions.
Re: Should I Wait For Him? by MMM2(m): 10:19am On Apr 27, 2011
wait 4 what?
My friend get married now, b4 is 2 late.
Re: Should I Wait For Him? by r231(m): 10:25am On Apr 27, 2011
if he is serious then wait
Re: Should I Wait For Him? by SexyDuby(f): 10:37am On Apr 27, 2011
six years r/ship no be joke oooo. Im sure u must av known him very very well. Btw, u dnt knw wat d nxt guy ure gonna meet'll be like.
The devil u've known for 6yrs is much better dan d Angel ure about 2 meet so think twice sis. Wish u well & u can also pray bout it!!!
Re: Should I Wait For Him? by andy1(m): 10:44am On Apr 27, 2011
i ll advice u 2 Wait bt make sure he's rili serious bout walking u down d aisle 1nce he has gotten a job, bt dnt pressure him jst give him d tyme nd space he needs.
Re: Should I Wait For Him? by iice(f): 10:48am On Apr 27, 2011
Shouldn't you have known this about 3yrs into the relationship? undecided
Re: Should I Wait For Him? by divalishis: 10:51am On Apr 27, 2011
OP
You have 2 ask the guy about his plans. NEVER ASSUME, RATHER DEFINE! Don't base your decisions on what he said at the beginning of the relationship. Base it on what he is saying NOW! It is very painful wasting precious time if he has started thinking otherwise. The only way I will advise you to stay is if he's showing signs of seriousness.
Re: Should I Wait For Him? by Godmother(f): 10:51am On Apr 27, 2011
Wyntah:

Guys I'm really in a delimma and I'l appreciate sincere straight advise.I'v been in a relationship with a guy for six years now.He is caring and tolerant but he tells his parent that we are just friends. I'm a graduate,got a job and am not getting any younger. my mum wants me to get married but I'm having cold feet cos I luv him and he begs me to give him time to go for NYSC and then get a job.I dont want to wait in vain and at the same time, I dont want to lose this guy cos he is a gud man.What do I do?pls help

If after 6 years he still keeps introducing you as a friend to his parents, then you have to sit up and know what you are doing.

And by the way, by now you should know if he wants to settle down with you or not. Six years is no joke. Even if he doesnt have the money now, if a man loves you to the point of wanting to settle down with you, dear im sure you will know.
Re: Should I Wait For Him? by theangel: 11:09am On Apr 27, 2011
Six years, and yet no particular programme regarding the marriage, i feel for you girl shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Should I Wait For Him? by Princek12(m): 11:14am On Apr 27, 2011
As a woman, your getting older (especially after 25) decreases your chances of finding a husband. Use your youth wisely. Your biological clock is ticking, so is your beautiful clock. Use your youth to your advantage and go find a husband. It is not easy for older women (especially 35+) to find husbands because many of them are now unattractive and do not look fertile to men.

And even if they do get married, these women, many of whom were making shakara and yanga when they were being chased by, for example, doctors and lawyers in their 20s, are now settling for whomever (including danfo drivers) in their mid to late 30s. In your case, though, you are just being a mumu for hanging on for six years to a loser who clearly does not want to marry you.

The actions of that "friend" of yours indicates that he does not want to marry you, as  for six years of purportedly dating he is still introducing you as a "friend" to the world and has not put a ring on it. That he wants to finish his NYSC and get a job are muthaphucking lame excuses.
Re: Should I Wait For Him? by Wyntah: 5:13pm On Apr 27, 2011
Thanks mates,I'm most grateful. Nekai I tink I'l take your advise.
Re: Should I Wait For Him? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 28, 2011
as far as he is not posted to the northern sides, ur cool, u knw there is riot there, those war lords might just kill his enemy??
that would be waiting in vain, but if he is not in north then u can wait for ur love lol
Re: Should I Wait For Him? by lutha: 6:38pm On Apr 28, 2011
Dear sis, i belief u can't deceive ursef even if @all any1 does. I want u to sincerely answer these questions.
1. Does he really wish to marry?
2. How many of his family knows me as his fiancée?
3. Does he feel comfortable anytime marriage issue is being discussed?
4. When is he ready to settle down?
5. Can i still be patient with him?
6. Do i know when the new guy will be ready for marriage?
7. Won't i feel regret seeing the other side of him after marriage?
If u can honestly answer these, u need nobody to advice u.
Re: Should I Wait For Him? by tpiar: 4:11am On Feb 27, 2016
yes, wait for him.
Re: Should I Wait For Him? by firstking01(m): 6:09am On Feb 27, 2016
Now, this reminds me of bob marley's song, i dnt wanna wait in vain for your lovecheesy
Re: Should I Wait For Him? by chericleo(f): 6:38am On Feb 27, 2016
Consider ur age if ur above 24. If a guy keeps introducing u as a friend to his people it's nat rili a gud sign. N him going for NYSC N still coming bac 2 u is a 2 way fyn cos NYSC has caused a lot of relationship 2 break nat saying it will happen or will nat happen buf d possibility is dere. N getting a job immediately after serving is another fyn because we are in Nigeria. Am nat also saying he would nat get it neither am I saying he will get immediately. Making up his mind 2 marry immediately after getting d job is another fyn 2 consider because som guys dnt wnt 2 jump into marriage immediately dai wnt 2 explore n av dere freedom. Dai also wnt 2 achieve som stuffs b4 getting married. Now d questions is can u wait? U av 2 consider a lot of fyns. n dnt ever make d mistake of chasing ur suitors. By now ur supposed 2 no ur guy buf even at dat people do change so is dere wants n need. So b wise.
Re: Should I Wait For Him? by Youngpo413: 9:39am On Feb 27, 2016
Wyntah:
marry another,if its easy,I'm sure another sharp guy is around the corner deceiving you with marriage,don't worry when he is done with your pusy,u will understand better.
Re: Should I Wait For Him? by NemzySeries(m): 9:57am On Feb 27, 2016
6yrs!!!!!!! honestly dat guy owe u a phd certificate in relationship & dating engineering.....
secondly, y wud he b refering to u as jst hiz fwend b4 hiz parents? n everyone is saying u shd kip waiting wen we can't certainly say hiz gonna marry u after service (A man is not ur man until ur b refered to as MRS blah blah blah).....d guy get orda intentions
Re: Should I Wait For Him? by Godmother(f): 10:30am On Feb 27, 2016
Six years is too long a time to be in a relationship without any clear directions. Your man should show some serious commitment to you before going for service. Don't give yourself unnecessary heartache and like someone said, keep your options open..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Am A Playa And Proud Of It / Kenyan Gal, Igbo Man..can This Marriage Work? / Sexual Temptation...when A Lady Or Woman Feels Tempted.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.