Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,003 members, 7,814,420 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State (4482 Views)

First Day At Work, Ambode Goes After Fashola’s Loyalists, Sacks Fashola’s Sister / 10 Lag Buses Seized In Ota, After Fashola Impounded Obasanjo’s Farm Vehicle. / Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by mithel(m): 10:56am On Apr 28, 2011
after fashola,who is next in lagos state

this is a very big question,infact i don dey fear already make we no go get ppl like disallow akala

am thinking of any person that can try and fill in fashola's shoes and only jimi agbaje comes to mind,what do you ppl think
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by Remii(m): 10:57am On Apr 28, 2011
Muiz Banire
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by Lagosboy: 11:23am On Apr 28, 2011
me
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by naso2(m): 11:34am On Apr 28, 2011
Oluremi Tinubu. Just watch and see my prophesy come to pass.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by kcng: 11:37am On Apr 28, 2011
Acn has already started selling SENATOR REMI TINUBU.as the next and the first female governor of lagos state.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by mithel(m): 12:01pm On Apr 28, 2011
dont mind this yeye ppl dat are mentioning remi tinubu,its deir eternal hatred for tinubu dat is worryin dem but i still stick with jimi agbaje grin grin grin

everybodi loves jimi agbaje,everybodi loves agbaje, song with me peeps
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 28, 2011
Definitely JIMI AGBAJE, The guy needs to get back into ACN. He had the best campaign plans in 2007.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by efisher(m): 1:07pm On Apr 28, 2011
If Jimi Agbaje contests under PDP will you vote him?
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by Kobojunkie: 1:09pm On Apr 28, 2011
Tinubu's wife and kids?
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by mithel(m): 1:11pm On Apr 28, 2011
efisher:

If Jimi Agbaje contests under PDP will you vote him?

nooooo,hope he doesnt join dem,ppl like him dnt join bad parties sha,but he shud go back to acn
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by zstranger: 1:11pm On Apr 28, 2011
Kobojunkie with Tpiah as running mate?

Someone say Halleluya grin
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by mithel(m): 1:13pm On Apr 28, 2011
zstranger:

Kobojunkie with Tpiah as running mate?

Someone say Halleluya grin

tpiah go be lyk idiagbon,discipline everybody, lol grin grin grin grin
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by fyneguy: 1:35pm On Apr 28, 2011
Muiz Banire or Jimi Agbaje. The party has to be ACN anyway.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by EkoIle1: 2:00pm On Apr 28, 2011
Muiz Banire Or Ben Akabueze
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by yemmight(m): 2:07pm On Apr 28, 2011
Eko Ile:

Muiz Banire Or Ben Akabueze

Ben ko? Ken ni. Senator Mamowora is the best candidate.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by Gbawe: 2:10pm On Apr 28, 2011
Those saying Remi Tinubu and Tinubu's family , as if that is a crime, must simply be ignorant of the Bush , Clinton and Kennedy family in America plus other prominent political families worldwide like the Bhutto's of Pakistan. Tinubu is totally a Politician . It is natural many in his family will become interested in politics because of him. It is patently unfair and undemocratic therefore to resent the ambition of any of his family member if they have the talent to excel politically and succeed in gaining the legitimate mandate of their Party and the electorate . His family members and wife have inalienable rights as Nigerians also that cannot just be denied them because of the Tinubu name .

1 Like

Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by zstranger: 2:10pm On Apr 28, 2011
Eko Ile:

Muiz Banire Or[b] Ben Akabueze[/b]

May thunder strike your keyboard.

Akabueze ko, ekubuaza ni. e no go better for you and akabueze together.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by zstranger: 2:14pm On Apr 28, 2011
Gbawe:

Those saying Remi Tinubu and Tinubu's family , as if that is a crime, must simply be ignorant of the Bush , Clinton and Kennedy family in America plus other prominent political families worldwide like the Bhutto's of Pakistan. Tinubu is totally a Politician . It is natural many in his family will become interested in politics because of him. It is patently unfair and undemocratic therefore to resent the ambition of any of his family member if they have the talent to excel politically and succeed in gaining the legitimate mandate of their Party and the electorate . His family members and wife have inalienable rights as Nigerians also that cannot just be denied them because of the Tinubu name .

You are a not-so-smart person. I dont care if you go to Oxford or DORFXO, you are a reeetard.

You are actually comparing Remi Tinubu to Hillary clinton and Bhutto? It is not the same thing. How ever you want to slice it, Clinton and Bhutto deserve everything they got.  They worked hard for it, and did not get there by imposition

Lucky you, I have not time for you this morning, I for don go ask my babalawo to do "arinlo" for you.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by EkoIle1: 2:15pm On Apr 28, 2011
I guess you guys don't like my joke, lmao
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by EkoIle1: 2:19pm On Apr 28, 2011
zstranger:

May thunder strike your keyboard.

Akabueze ko, ekubuaza ni. e no go better for you and akabueze together.

Relax man. Jokes and tribal sentiments aside, uncle Ben is a talented administrator and Lagosians love him. I def' wont rule him out.

I do prefer muiz sha.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by ektbear: 2:19pm On Apr 28, 2011
Say no to Tinubu imposing his wife as governor of Lagos.

The Senate seat she has is bad enough.

Or is the Tinubu family the only one who are qualified to govern Lagos in all of the state?

Copying off of the bad practices of the Clintons is not a good thing. (And regarding Hillary, I don't think Hillary should have gotten that NY Senate seat. Was she truly the best and brightest?  undecided A carpetbagger who moved into town only to get the seat?)
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by EkoIle1: 2:26pm On Apr 28, 2011
For some reason, I'm ok with Remi Tinubu becoming anything politically in Lagos State.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by Gbawe: 2:28pm On Apr 28, 2011
zstranger:

You are a not-so-smart person. I dont care if you go to Oxford or DORFXO, you are a reeetard.

You are actually comparing Remi Tinubu to Hillary clinton and Bhutto? It is not the same thing. How ever you want to slice it, Clinton and Bhutto deserve everything they got.  They worked hard for it, and did not get there by imposition

Lucky you, I have not time for you this morning, I for don go ask my babalawo to do "arinlo" for you.

Are you okay? Let me remind you to go and take your medication . Only psychotic folks , or borderline schizophrenics, talk as you do and I don't have time for such folks.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by ektbear: 2:29pm On Apr 28, 2011
@Eko Ile: Then Tinubu's son (if he has one) will be governor one day, etc, etc.

Political family dynasties are bad for democracy. . . they are a throwback to the days of hereditary monarchy.

No one can tell me that that family has a monopoly on talent in Lagos.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by naso2(m): 2:32pm On Apr 28, 2011
Gbawe:

Yes Tinubu's family members have a right to aspire to any height politically, but when you consider that ACN does selection at the party primaries where BABA picks his preffered candidates instead of properly constituted party delegates do so, you will see clearer that other aspirants within the party (with possibly better credentials) will never have a level playing field once she shows interest in the governorship race in lagos state.

By the way is she from LAGOS?
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by efisher(m): 2:40pm On Apr 28, 2011
ACN has to be careful not to play a weak card after Fashola. I do not think Remi Tinubu will be a wise card to play in Lagos after Fashola. The controversies may be too hot to handle. If ACN presents her and PDP manages to get a very strong candidate, the matter will develop "K-leg". Lagosians know how to use their votes to get what they want. They will resist any attempt to play on their intelligence.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by Katsumoto: 2:45pm On Apr 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

Political family dynasties are bad for democracy. . . they are a throwback to the days of hereditary monarchy.

I am with you on this; it starts like the Kennedys and ends like the Sarakis. No family has monopoly on talent. Complacency and godfatherism usually sets in. I won't support her candidacy; besides Lagos should be seeking more eminently qualified people and believe me, there are.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by EkoIle1: 2:46pm On Apr 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

Why not if they are are qualified and have the necessary skills to do the job?

I really don't thing we should be discriminating against people and denying them political positions simply because of their family lineage, it's a form of discrimination and progressives don't get into stuff like that, we function based on skills and capabilities, period.

I'm not implying that some family out there has any kind of monopoly to anything, all I'm saying is, they are Lagosians and they have the same rights like other Lagosians to contest for any office within the state of Lagos, it's up to Lagosians to accept or reject them at the polls and I hope they (Lagosians) look at their skills and qualification for the job and not their last names.

There's simply nothing to gain from discrimination, we end up losing good talents and making fun of our own progressive belief system and spirit of democracy, fairness and justice for all.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by EkoIle1: 2:47pm On Apr 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

I really don't thing we should be discriminating against people and denying them political positions simply because of their family lineage, it's a form of discrimination and progressives don't get into stuff like that, we function based on skills and capabilities, period.

I'm not implying that some family out there has any kind of monopoly to anything, all I'm saying is, they are Lagosians and they have the same rights like other Lagosians to contest for any office within the state of Lagos, it's up to Lagosians to accept or reject them at the polls and I hope they (Lagosians) look at their skills and qualification for the job and not their last names.

There's simply nothing to gain from discrimination, we end up losing good talents and making fun of our own progressive belief system and spirit of democracy, fairness and justice for all.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by EkoIle1: 2:48pm On Apr 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by Gbawe: 2:48pm On Apr 28, 2011
na_so:

Yes Tinubu's family members have a right to aspire to any height politically, but when you consider that ACN does selection at the party primaries where BABA picks his preffered candidates instead of properly constituted party delegates do so, you will see clearer that other aspirants within the party (with possibly better credentials) will never have a level playing field once she shows interest in the governorship race in lagos state.

By the way is she from LAGOS?

Lagos Politics is complex now and will be even more so in 4 years time. Fashola is growing in prominence and will probably have a say in who succeeds him. I just think it is too simplistic to assume Remi Tinubu can just walk into the job. Nonetheless , it is her democratic right , or that of any one else, to vie for political office . That is what I am pointing out . Personally I think there will be organised Primaries ,in the ACN , for the Lagos guber ticket. With Lagos , ACN must show a modicum or democracy or risk voters backlash. Remi Tinubu , in comparison to others, will simply not be deemed a good enough successor to fashola IMO. I don't think she can ever be an acceptable choice even with Tinubu's clout.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by zstranger: 2:49pm On Apr 28, 2011
Eko Ile:

^^^

What has Remi achieved personally, besides being the wife of Emperor Bola Ahmed Tinubu from Iragbiji Osun-State?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting / More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi / Prophecies For 2014: "Patience Jonathan May Die" – Primate Ayodele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.