Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,536 members, 7,837,063 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State (4492 Views)

First Day At Work, Ambode Goes After Fashola’s Loyalists, Sacks Fashola’s Sister / 10 Lag Buses Seized In Ota, After Fashola Impounded Obasanjo’s Farm Vehicle. / Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by mithel(m): 2:54pm On Apr 28, 2011
i think muiz banire or jimi agbaje
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by EkoIle1: 2:56pm On Apr 28, 2011
zstranger:

^^^

What has Remi achieve personally, besides being the wife of Emperor Bola Ahmed Tinubu from Iragbiji Osun-State?

That's for Lagosians to decide at the polls.

Her rights as a Lagosian trumps any kind of last name implications,
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by ektbear: 2:57pm On Apr 28, 2011
@Eko Ile: It is a basic matter of principle. If there are two equally qualified people, you pick the person who isn't the relative of the previous guy. And nobody can even tell me that she is the most qualified person in Lagos.

Anyways, if ACN picks her, then she'll go down in flames like the Saraki daughter (especially if the PDP picks someone good.)
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by mithel(m): 2:59pm On Apr 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

@Eko Ile: It is a basic matter of principle. If there are two equally qualified people, you pick the person who isn't the relative of the previous guy. And nobody can even tell me that she is the most qualified person in Lagos.

Anyways, if ACN picks her, then she'll go down in flames like the Saraki daughter (especially if the PDP picks someone good.)

i wont still vote for them,they would influence him negatively
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by Lagosboy: 3:00pm On Apr 28, 2011
Gbawe:

Lagos Politics is complex now and will be even more so in 4 years time. Fashola is growing in prominence and will probably have a say in who succeeds him. I just think it is too simplistic to assume Remi Tinubu can just walk into the job. Nonetheless , it is her democratic right , or that of any one else, to vie for political office . That is what I am pointing out . Personally I think there will be organised Primaries ,in the ACN , for the Lagos guber ticket. With Lagos , ACN must show a modicum or democracy or risk voters backlash. Remi Tinubu , in comparison to others, will simply not be deemed a good enough successor to fashola IMO. I don't think she can ever be an acceptable choice even with Tinubu's clout.  

I want Remi in the seat in 2015 , i think it will be a great idea. Why would she not be accepted by Lagosians, if it is the same lagosians in a sentorial district that voted her into the Senate. Fashola will only have a say in who succeeds him, if he leaves ACN. As long as he is in ACN, Tinubu rules, Tinubu has the party strucutre in his hands.

A LCDA chairman in Lagos has to get the nod from Tinubu before he is given the ticket. The LCDA chairman controls the LG ACN chairman who in turn controls the Ward leaders , who in turn delievr the wards for the party in conjuction with the NURTW guys (glorified Agbero). Remi Tinubu for 2015 is a wonderful idea and would be a good candidate for ACN.

Tinubu should please follow the steps of the clintons. Thenext 4 years will be hot in Lagos as there will be clashes between Fashola and Tinubu again but Fashola will never have control of ACN Lagos. We want Remi Tinubu in 2015 please!!!
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by yemmight(m): 3:00pm On Apr 28, 2011
zstranger:

^^^

What has Remi achieve personally, besides being the wife of Emperor Bola Ahmed Tinubu from Iragbiji Osun-State?

She set up some NGOs which catering for society especially women and beside one need to start from somewhere I beg.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by Gbawe: 3:02pm On Apr 28, 2011
Katsumoto:

I am with you on this; it starts like the Kennedys and ends like the Sarakis. No family has monopoly on talent. Complacency and godfatherism usually sets in. I won't support her candidacy; besides Lagos should be seeking more eminently qualified people and believe me, there are.

This is the point . She can run , in the spirit of democracy, but I don't think she will get the ticket ahead of other who can be sold to the electorate far more efficiently than Remi Tinubu. There are folks with good administrative skills who are actually working with Fashola directly. Tinubu chose someone who worked under him (Fashola) he could trust to carry on the good work and consolidate on success achieved. Fashola too will have a say , because of all his good work, or there will be serious problems for Tinubu of the type that saw Ogun PDP implode to the benefit of ACN.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by Katsumoto: 3:03pm On Apr 28, 2011
yemmight:

She set up some NGOs which catering for society especially women and beside one need to start from somewhere I beg.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?  shocked
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by ektbear: 3:04pm On Apr 28, 2011
Only thing she has accomplished is that she married and is being fvcked by Tinubu

Man I dunno how we are justifying this in any way.

All these tinpot African countries where Joseph Kabila succeeds Laurent Kabila as president. . . I'd be pretty sad if Lagos became the same thing
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by zstranger: 3:06pm On Apr 28, 2011
yemmight:

She set up [b]some NGOs [/b]which catering for society especially women and beside one need to start from somewhere I beg.

Using state funds, without being accountable to anyone. You have no qualms with that?

What were her personal accomplishments before becoming the First Lady of the richest state in the federation?

Not only is she not-suitable for the post, she is bereft of ideas on how to move the state forward. And, if imposed on Lagosians, she would leave Alausa worse off than she met it, because she is a thief, a quiet thief though.

Eni ti'ako ko, lo ma gbe ile ti ako ta?

Remi Tunubu is bad for Lagos State under any capacity.  Call a spade a spade my friend.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by Lagosboy: 3:07pm On Apr 28, 2011
Gbawe:

This is the point . She can run , in the spirit of democracy, but I don't think she will get the ticket ahead of other who can be sold to the electorate far more efficiently than Remi Tinubu. There are folks with good administrative skills who are actually working with Fashola directly. Tinubu chose someone who worked under him (Fashola) he could trust to carry on the good work and consolidate on success achieved. Fashola too will have a say , because of all his good work, or there will be serious problems for Tinubu of the type that saw Ogun PDP implode to the benefit of ACN.

Paddy mi  wink , we want Remi Tinubu in 2015 . We Lagosians want her ! Fashola would not deprive us of our choice, Fashola was picked so he has no moral right to stop Tinubu from selcting who he wants. Fashola would try to influence who succeeds him but i think he will fail as long as he is in ACN.

We want REMI TINUBU
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by zstranger: 3:08pm On Apr 28, 2011
^^^

You are being sarcastic, right?
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by EkoIle1: 3:09pm On Apr 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

Basic principles Vs Basic rights

Pick one

See, this is not about principles or sentiments, it's about fairness and justice.

ACN's motto is Democracy for Justice, not democracy for discrimination.

I don't even care about PDP picking good candidates, our sense of fairness and justice comes first and we shouldn't betray these core values and constitutional rights for anything.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by Lagosboy: 3:09pm On Apr 28, 2011
SENATOR REMI TINUBU FOR GOVERNOR 2015 !!

Please join the campaign now and let us start to work for her candidature.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by ektbear: 3:15pm On Apr 28, 2011
Eko Ile:

Basic principles Vs Basic rights

Pick one

See, this is not about principles or sentiments, it's about fairness and justice.

ACN's motto is Democracy for Justice, not democracy for discrimination.

I don't even care about PDP picking good candidates, our sense of fairness and justice comes first and we shouldn't betray these core values and constitutional rights for anything.

Look, the ACN has the right to select her as its candidate, over the 100s of other better qualified options. But if it does so, then this is a "mark" against her candidacy, and I'd be inclined to punish the ACN for this decision by supporting the PDP.

I don't want to do this. . . if PDP gets into Lagos, it will be impossible to remove. So why doesn't the ACN save us all the wahala by not choosing her? That way I can still continue supporting my party.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by gernded(m): 3:24pm On Apr 28, 2011
The governorship must come down to Mushin and it must be SOLOMON OR BANIRE
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by Lagosboy: 3:25pm On Apr 28, 2011
gernded:

Oh Zoning even exists in Lagos
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by Gbawe: 3:26pm On Apr 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

Look, the ACN has the right to select her as its candidate, over the 100s of other better qualified options. But if it does so, then this is a "mark" against her candidacy, and I'd be inclined to punish the ACN for this decision by supporting the PDP.

I don't want to do this. . . if PDP gets into Lagos, it will be impossible to remove. So why doesn't the ACN save us all the wahala by not choosing her? That way I can still continue supporting my party.

You are just taking Panadol for a headache that does not exist. Election politics is now on hold till at least 2014. In any case , it is very simplistic to think Remi Tinubu will get the ACN ticket. Lagos is too strategically important and visible for Tinubu to do anything that will lead to the ACN losing the State.  

We heard Tinubu would deny Fashola a second term ticket yet what happened in the end after  some of us stated repeatedly that , despite personal issues , Tinubu is not foolish enough to commit political suicide ? Remi Tinubu will be in Abuja for the next few years. She will naturally not be the most marketable candidate for the Lagos Guber position ahead of others who have core responsibilities to do with the running of Lagos .
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by step1: 3:30pm On Apr 28, 2011
Those of you clamouring for Remi Tinubu 2015, I just want to make somethings clear. There is absolutely no way Remi would be the governor of Lagos state 2015 and beyond because she is not qualified and also corrupt like her husband Tinubu. The reason I and millions of lagosians can tolerate tinubu now is because of one soul called Fashola. Once that person is out of ACN that is it for them. Gbawe and Eko-ile, I just want to explain to you people that you are jokers and I am sure you people are not serious of Remi 2015. I mean what insult.

My father is a PDP member (an ACN defector) in Lagos but my family still voted for Fashola not because of his in ACN but because we like the man and it is for the progress of the yoruba race. Now bring Remi is just taking it too far, just too far. Let me just make it clear to you people if Remi becomes the Governor, people would take to the streets and the state will become ungovernable for her and her family.

I would advice those that are non-indigene of Lagos at that time(non yorubas) to go to their fathers land because "head go roll" and there will political killings and blood shed like no other in the SW especially Lagos. I am sure we do not want to lose everything we have worked for over the years. It is annoying to see well educated young men encouraging "godfatherism" absolutely shameful.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by EkoIle1: 3:31pm On Apr 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

And you have that right too. Like I said, you decide at the polls either by letting her through or deny to show your displeasure at the polls.

That's democracy for you and it's way way better that discrimination and denying people their rights,

Besides, why are we even worrying our heads about this phantom issue?
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by Lagosboy: 3:33pm On Apr 28, 2011
step1:

Those of you clamouring for Remi Tinubu 2015, I just want to make somethings clear. There is absolutely no way Remi would be the governor of Lagos state 2015 and beyond because she is not qualified and also corrupt like her husband Tinubu. The reason I and millions of lagosians can tolerate tinubu now is because of one soul called Fashola. Once that person is out of ACN that is it for them. Gbawe and Eko-ile, I just want to explain to you people that you are jokers and I am sure you people are not serious of Remi 2015. I mean what insult.

My father is a PDP member (an ACN defector) in Lagos but my family still voted for Fashola not because of his in ACN but because we like the man and it is for the progress of the yoruba race. Now bring Remi is just taking it too far, just too far. Let me just make it clear to you people if Remi becomes the Governor, people would take to the streets and the state will become ungovernable for her and her family.

I would advice those that are non-indigene of Lagos at that time(non yorubas) to go to their fathers land because "head go roll" and there will political killings and blood shed like no other in the SW especially Lagos. I am sure we do not want to lose everything we have worked for over the years. It is annoying to see well educated young men encouraging "godfatherism" absolutely shameful.

Nothing will happen if Remi becomes governor, no head will roll.

We want Remi in 2015 as ACN candidate.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by Fhemmmy: 3:38pm On Apr 28, 2011
There is another 4 years to determine who would be the next.

Also, the EFCC could help in determining who and what could be next
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by step1: 3:41pm On Apr 28, 2011
gernded:

There is no zoning in Lagos. The best candidate wins.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by step1: 3:42pm On Apr 28, 2011
Lagosboy:

Nothing will happen if Remi becomes governor, no head will roll.

We want Remi in 2015 as ACN candidate.

We shall see about that, I just want to make it clear that there will be no Remi 2015.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by Lagosboy: 3:44pm On Apr 28, 2011
If you are not an ACN member you cannot dictate what ACN does. If ACN decides to field Remi Tinubu so be it. You have a choice in Voting for NCP, Action Alliance or APGA if you want.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by Fhemmmy: 3:49pm On Apr 28, 2011
Lagosboy:

If you are not an ACN member you cannot dictate what ACN does. If ACN decides to field Remi Tinubu so be it. You have a choice in Voting for NCP, Action Alliance or APGA if you want.

die-hard fan of Remi . . . . . Lol
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by Lagosboy: 3:52pm On Apr 28, 2011
Fhemmmy:

die-hard fan of Remi . . . . . Lol

Paddy e , it is Remi or nobody o. We will oragnise a 1 million march for Remi to come and contest. We will march to TBS , our group is called YOUTH EARNESTLY ASK fOR REMI - YEAR   grin

Do you want to be a member?
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by EkoIle1: 3:56pm On Apr 28, 2011
step1:

There's a lot of BS in your post.

To start with, I'm not clamoring for nobody, this is about her rights to pursue her dreams as a Lagosian. You can not take that rights away from her.

Is the ACN even talking about making her the state governor?

Also about the foolish, mindless and pointless talk about you liking  Fashola, but not the ACN.

Who gave us Fashola?

Is Fashola's not functioning under ACN's platform and manifesto?

What about the many transformations we love Fashola for? Are they not designed by Tinubu himself via ACN transformation philosophy?

Lagos is not a PDP state because of one man, Tinubu

Fashola is sucessful because one man gave him a platform and road map to work with and that man is Tinubu

Why are we celebrating the liberation of the SW and a renewed hope today because of one man and that man is Tinubu.

You sound a like a PDP goon talking crap,

Let's not get carried away, Tinubu deserve way way more than this silly and ungrateful trash talk, the man is staking his life for the whole region  and achieving for us what many and even Awo couldn't before he passed.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 28, 2011
Perhaps Fashola himself could endorse somebody that he may trust - I am not talking godfatherism oh!!
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by Gbawe: 5:11pm On Apr 28, 2011
step1:

It is funny how it is those with serious comprehension deficit who are usually very rude. I have only argued that Remi Tinubu's right to contest for any position cannot be taken away from her. I have not said I want her as Governor. In fact read my responses above again , slowly , and it will be clear I think she has a poor chance of becoming Governor of Lagos even with Her husband's clout considered .
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by Katsumoto: 5:21pm On Apr 28, 2011
Eko Ile:

To start with, I'm not clamoring for nobody, this is about her rights to pursue her dreams as a Lagosian. You can not take that rights away from her.

Also about the foolish, mindless and pointless talk about you liking  Fashola, but not the ACN.

Who gave us Fashola?

What about the many transformations we love Fashola for? Are they not designed by Tinubu himself via ACN transformation philosophy?

Fashola is sucessful because one man gave him a platform and road map to work with and that man is Tinubu

Why are we celebrating the liberation of the SW and a renewed hope today because of one man and that man is Tinubu.

Let's not get carried away, Tinubu deserve way way more than this silly and ungrateful trash talk, the man is staking his life for the whole region  [b]and achieving for us what many and even Awo couldn't before he passed.[/b

Don't get too far ahead; Tinubu has only managed to wrestle power away from PDP. He is still a long way away from what Awo achieved. He has the opportunity to do great things, lets hope he doesn't blow it. With great power comes great responsibilities.
Re: After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State by step1: 5:25pm On Apr 28, 2011
Eko Ile:

Who gave us Fashola?

Let's not get carried away, Tinubu deserve way way more than this silly and ungrateful trash talk, the man is staking his life for the whole region  and achieving for us what many and even Awo couldn't before he passed.

Rubbish !!!
You are even comparing Tinubu to Awolowo. What arrogance is being displaced here. From your post I can see there is no reason to reply to you since you can even think of comparing Tinubu with Awolowo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Al Mustapha Death Sentence: Its Long Overdue. Hafsat Abiola / The Six Count Charge Against Sylva / Comprehensive Results Of Apc Presidential Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.