Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,247 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili (9809 Views)

APC Manifesto (81 Promises) :let Keep Records People / #buharimustdebate: Let's Keep This Going / Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by freepeople: 3:15pm On Apr 28, 2011
My Dear Friends,

Good morning to you all.

I know that you all are disappointed with the events of the past two days, in particular, the declaration of Dr. Chris Ngige of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) as winner of the April 26 rerun election in Anambra Central Senatorial District. According to the result announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Ngige polled 69,725 votes as against the 69,236 votes credited to me.

This, of course, is far from the truth. As I have always said – and which I still maintain – there is no way Ngige can beat me in a free and fair electoral contest in Anambra State today.

What took place on Tuesday was nothing but daylight robbery. You may recall that I led with about 1,000 votes before the rerun ballot held in areas where the April 16 voting was declared inconclusive by INEC. For the concluded votes, I had polled 66,273 of the concluded votes, while Ngige got 65,576.

Desperate to win at all cost during the rerun election, Ngige, who is well known for rigging elections, once more did what he knows best. To tell you the truth, in my entire life, I have never witnessed the kind of thing I saw on Tuesday. The level of intimidation of our party agents and disenfranchisement of my supporters was unprecedented. In some places, this shameful conduct was perpetrated by the thugs of the ACN as security agents who were supposed to checkmate them looked the other way. In a place like Nkpor, my agents were chased away and people who came out to vote for me were turned back.

As the party in power in Anambra State, APGA could have easily mobilised to physically challenge this brazen disregard for the provisions of the Electoral Act by renowned election riggers who see politics as a do-or-die affair, but we chose to do otherwise so as to prevent bloodshed. This is in keeping with my commitment to clean politics, having earlier taken an irrevocable decision never to engage even a single thug as I do not see my political ambition as good enough a reason to cause trouble or shed the blood of anyone.

I would have been the first person to congratulate Ngige if the rerun election was free and fair because I am sensible enough to know that, as is the case with every contest, there could be only one winner of the election. I, however, have no reason to congratulate him because this was a clear case of daylight robbery.

The mournful mood in Anambra State after the announcement of Ngige as winner of the rerun election is strong evidence that the will of the people has not been respected. There would have been spontaneous celebrations across Anambra Central in particular if Ngige actually won the election, but the reverse was the case. I will, however, not be surprised if, in keeping with his tradition, he hires a crowd of celebrants one of these days so as to give the false impression that the people are happy with his stolen mandate.

My dear friends, if you could feel so disappointed by this unfortunate turn of events, you can imagine how disappointed I must be also. Even so, I want you all to quickly overcome your despondency because after rain comes sunshine. Also, continue to remain calm and law-abiding; never taking the laws into your hands as two wrongs do not make a right.

Please be assured that what has happened is a temporary setback. As long as God is alive and on the throne, we shall certainly bounce back at God’s own time. So let’s keep hope alive!

Have a great day.

Your friend,
Dora.
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by ektbear: 3:20pm On Apr 28, 2011
lol @ this woman trying to make it out as if Ngige rigged grin grin grin

She and Obi should be rotting in jail cells.
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by Arosa(m): 3:23pm On Apr 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

lol @ this woman trying to make it out as if Ngige rigged grin grin grin

She and Obi should be rotting in jail cells.
please don't talk about Dora like that , she is my leader. embarassed
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by ZE: 3:30pm On Apr 28, 2011
eeeeyyyyyaaaaaaa.

Auntie Dora,

will you remain in APGA or are you going to decamp back to PDP?

I guess GEJ will still fix you up if you play your card well
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by wirinet(m): 3:38pm On Apr 28, 2011
Aunty Dora has a strong case of depression and dementia and so making incoherent and conflicting statements. How can you reconcile these statements in the same letter -

freepeople:

My Dear Friends,

This, of course, is far from the truth. As I have always said – and which I still maintain – there is no way Ngige can beat me in a free and fair electoral contest in Anambra State today.

What took place on Tuesday was nothing but daylight robbery. You may recall that I led with about 1,000 votes before the rerun ballot held in areas where the April 16 voting was declared inconclusive by INEC. For the concluded votes, I had polled 66,273 of the concluded votes, while Ngige got 65,576.

The mournful mood in Anambra State after the announcement of Ngige as winner of the rerun election is strong evidence that the will of the people has not been respected. There would have been spontaneous celebrations across Anambra Central in particular if Ngige actually won the election, but the reverse was the case. I will, however, not be surprised if, in keeping with his tradition, he hires a crowd of celebrants one of these days so as to give the false impression that the people are happy with his stolen mandate.

Before the election aunty claimed that she led by only 1000 votes and yet she asserts that she is fart more popular than Ngige and so are saddened by her loss and Ngige's victory.

Is this delusions or what
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by egift(m): 3:40pm On Apr 28, 2011
Any of them (Dora or Ngige) will have made a great senator. Am happy the next administration will be for the people.

Let get ready to rumble!!!!! grin
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by Arosa(m): 3:43pm On Apr 28, 2011
wirinet:

Aunty Dora has a strong case of depression and dementia and so making incoherent and conflicting statements. How can you reconcile these statements in the same letter -

Before the election aunty claimed that she led by only 1000 votes and yet she asserts that she is fart more popular than Ngige and so are saddened by her loss and Ngige's victory.

Is this delusions or what
I know you didn't call her that. angry
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by Lagosboy: 3:50pm On Apr 28, 2011
Madam Dora go and cook for your husband and stop making a fool of yourself in the market square. Better still, phone GEJ and he will return you to the cabinet abi na by force to be a senator ?
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by biachwest: 4:07pm On Apr 28, 2011
lagosboy you has just defined your personality: descreaminating dora is not the best way to encourage other talented women that have the qualities to contribute to the betterness of our society.
which is most needed now in nigeria creat stronger new era.
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by yemmight(m): 4:19pm On Apr 28, 2011
Madam Cabals.
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by Lagosboy: 4:21pm On Apr 28, 2011
biachwest:

lagosboy you has just defined your personality: descreaminating dora is not the best way to encourage other talented women that have the qualities to contribute to the betterness of our society.
which is most needed now in nigeria creat stronger new era.

Could you please define the word descrimination for me please?

A person has lost an election after wide accusation and evidence that her and her party tried to rig , she loses the 2nd time and complains of rigging. Why can she not congratulate the winner like Bankole, Daniel,OBj and others did.

What has my personality got to do with this. What encouragement do i need to give her. She has been head of Nafdac and Cabinet Minister . She should telephone GEJ to give her job back or go and cook for her husband.
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 28, 2011
good riddance to discredited rubbish

better go back to pdp and rebranding  tongue
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by zstranger: 5:14pm On Apr 28, 2011
Ibo people and their senselessness

Why cant she borrow a leaf from someone like Akala who accepted his defeat with grace.

Ibo people; SMH.
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by Chubhie: 5:18pm On Apr 28, 2011
Stick to what you know best. Trees often transplanted seldom prosper. I hope you know this by now aunty mi.
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 28, 2011
freepeople:

My Dear Friends,

Good morning to you all.

I know that you all are disappointed with the events of the past two days, in particular, the declaration of Dr. Chris Ngige of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) as winner of the April 26 rerun election in Anambra Central Senatorial District. According to the result announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Ngige polled 69,725 votes as against the 69,236 votes credited to me.

Still living in denial I see . . . . undecided

Desperate to win at all cost during the rerun election, Ngige, who is well known for rigging elections, once more did what he knows best. To tell you the truth, in my entire life, I have never witnessed the kind of thing I saw on Tuesday. The level of intimidation of our party agents and disenfranchisement of my supporters was unprecedented. In some places, this shameful conduct was perpetrated by the thugs of the ACN as security agents who were supposed to checkmate them looked the other way. In a place like Nkpor, my agents were chased away and people who came out to vote for me were turned back.

Do you really have to resort to blatant lies undecided

As the party in power in Anambra State, APGA could have easily mobilised to physically challenge this brazen disregard for the provisions of the Electoral Act by renowned election riggers who see politics as a do-or-die affair, but we chose to do otherwise so as to prevent bloodshed. This is in keeping with my commitment to clean politics, having earlier taken an irrevocable decision never to engage even a single thug as I do not see my political ambition as good enough a reason to cause trouble or shed the blood of anyone.

I would have been the first person to congratulate Ngige if the rerun election was free and fair because I am sensible enough to know that, as is the case with every contest, there could be only one winner of the election. I, however, have no reason to congratulate him because this was a clear case of daylight robbery.

You wish!!!

My dear friends, if you could feel so disappointed by this unfortunate turn of events, you can imagine how disappointed I must be also. Even so, I want you all to quickly overcome your despondency because after rain comes sunshine. Also, continue to remain calm and law-abiding; never taking the laws into your hands as two wrongs do not make a right.

Mournful mood ke? Who and who was morning? The whole of Awka was jubiliating . . .

Even in Agulu, your hometown, people were celebrating . . . . waving brooms (ACN party symbol) on motorcycles and singing songs of victory - I witnessed that one live!

Please be assured that what has happened is a temporary setback. As long as God is alive and on the throne, we shall certainly bounce back at God’s own time. So let’s keep hope alive!

Have a great day.

Your friend,

Wrong again!

This is the beginning of your downfall. Obi and his lame government is on his way out and I bet they'll drag you along.

Fare thee well madam, you might consider 're-branding' your ambitions now! cool
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 28, 2011
Although I'm not naive enough to think that the election was not rigged, but both sides are guilty of the same crime!

Ngige's team just happened to be the better 'rigger' cheesy

I heard he has camped with the Uba's again and I'm really hoping it's not true. undecided undecided

Anways, no matter how we look at it, the people certainly prefer him over Madam talk talk
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by seanet02: 5:44pm On Apr 28, 2011
Keep wasting your bandwidth!!
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by Fhemmmy: 6:02pm On Apr 28, 2011
Another complain . . . . keep them coming
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by chidikus: 6:04pm On Apr 28, 2011
Dora ur an idiot,go and join Soludo,iwu and all our stupid professors that killed their career in politics , well all ur children are married to foreigners when ur rebranding so go join them stupid local champion,go Bleep peter obi or our stupid  baba obasanjo,patience will never allow u near goodluck knowing the kind of person u are abi go and learn w to cook bayelsan soup after all u wr a heavy cook in yaraduas cabinet,stupid professor wonder weda na yash u use get ur professor,Ngige pop the champagne and keep anambra rolling,peter obi lost,dora lost and bye to rigging in anmabra, we won and gallantly u won,Dora dont worry pater obi will hand over u,no continue wearing APGA wrapper and zombily dey follow peter obi as u said he is staying in the mamas house sucking her breast,ver soon ur,Anambra need change but not with desperado like u

ACN,UP APGA,UP APGA,APGA ACN GREATER THAN ANY INDIVIDUAL DORA BYE BYE , GO AND TAKE CARE OF UR HUBBY,OR GO AND CARRY UR SISTAS DEAD BODY AS U STUPIDLY DID BEFORE.
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by Blazay(m): 6:12pm On Apr 28, 2011
The fate of Nigerian female politicians.
After nyanshing around?
Mu he he he he
Talk about used and abused good.
Jonathan don kollect im shiaa finish. . .
Over to Obi. . .equal to:

Failure To Launch!
Poor thing!
At least she would have some 'sweeeeeeeet' memories to keep her warm at night. cheesy
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by Kobojunkie: 6:54pm On Apr 28, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Another complain . . . . keep them coming

Roflmao!!!
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by texazzpete(m): 7:10pm On Apr 28, 2011
Still greedy, ambitious and scheming, i see.
Little is left of the hard working Akunyili that generated all the hype just for doing the job she was paid to do. Years of incompetent politics and a shocking waste of taxpayers money in the retarded Rebranding scheme has soured our opinions of this woman.
Conversely, years of wining and dining with her fellow crooks has driven out all decency and goodness in her and all we are left with is avarice and lies.

Unfortunately, She will find a position in GEJ's government, one way or the other. As long as the NAFDAC horse can still be flogged, she'll remain an unpleasant part of our society. Smh.
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by Kobojunkie: 7:34pm On Apr 28, 2011
texazzpete:

Unfortunately, She will find a position in GEJ's government, one way or the other. As long as the NAFDAC horse can still be flogged, she'll remain an unpleasant part of our society. Smh.
roflmao!!
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by Unseen(m): 9:02pm On Apr 28, 2011
freepeople:

The level of intimidation of our party agents and disenfranchisement of my supporters was unprecedented. In a place like Nkpor, my agents were chased away and people who came out to vote for me were turned back.

How did the ACN thugs manage to identify Akunyili supporters ? Do they wear APGA on their foreheads ? Because I can't see how those that came to vote will be turned back by miraculously knowing that they will vote for APGA.

Dora is reaping the dividends of Anambra people hatred for Peter Obi. She wanted to rig with the power of incumbency but underestimated the development Ngige brought to Anambra central and its strength.

Dora, welcome to the club of Charles Soludo.
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by seanet02: 9:13pm On Apr 28, 2011
The rerun was nothing but a charade, fraud and deceit to Madam because it does not have a "NAFDAC NUMBER"
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by RoadStar: 9:57pm On Apr 28, 2011
this is y y'all nigerians r loosers/underachievers. This is actually one woman who is a superstar in Nigerian politics.

She impacted the life of all every Nigerian during her days at NAFDAC .Changing the face of food and drug standards and regulation for good.
She tried desperately and passionately to rebrand and polish the image of UNBRANDABLE and UNPOLISHABLE ! And as far a most Nigerians r concerned that was an abomonation . Is it that y'all prefer to be the scum of the earth the world thinks u are ?
She was bold enough to speak up at a time Nigeria desperately needed just one person in the FEC, Something I had a feeling would never had happened. While we were all taken for a ride like the foolish sheep we are.

Sometimes I wonder, wot kind of creatures are u angry
Are y'all so traumatised that u have lost completely our sense of right or wrong ? undecided
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by nwajay(m): 10:34pm On Apr 28, 2011
Roadstar

tell them

UNA BE FOOLS
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by otokx(m): 10:44pm On Apr 28, 2011
Dora like Mourinho got this one all wrong. It would have been better she kept silent
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by dayokanu(m): 11:22pm On Apr 28, 2011
Sorry Dora. Do you need kleenex
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by HighChief4(m): 12:09am On Apr 29, 2011
Blazay:

The fate of Nigerian female politicians.
After nyanshing around?[/b]Mu he he he he
Talk about used and abused good.
[b]Jonathan don kollect im shiaa finish. . .
Over to Obi
. . .equal to:

Failure To Launch!
Poor thing!
At least she would have some 'sweeeeeeeet' memories to keep her warm at night. cheesy

Mu he he he he do you any prove to all these your claims?
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by texazzpete(m): 12:15am On Apr 29, 2011
RoadStar:

this is y y'all nigerians r loosers/underachievers. This is actually one woman who is a superstar in Nigerian politics.

She impacted the life of all every Nigerian during her days at NAFDAC .Changing the face of food and drug standards and regulation for good.
She tried desperately and passionately to rebrand and polish the image of UNBRANDABLE and UNPOLISHABLE ! And as far a most Nigerians r concerned that was an abomonation . Is it that y'all prefer to be the scum of the earth the world thinks u are ?
She was bold enough to speak up at a time Nigeria desperately needed just one person in the FEC, Something I had a feeling would never had happened. While we were all taken for a ride like the foolish sheep we are.

Sometimes I wonder, wot kind of creatures are u  angry
Are y'all so traumatised that u have lost completely our sense of right or wrong ? undecided

You're a dolt!
You talk about Akunyili being a superstar in politics. Then you babble on about NAFDAC. Is NAFDAC politics?
You say she struggled to rebrand Nigeria. You call that campaign that was doomed from the start a worthwhile gesture? How did she go about it? Wasting our money on that worthless idea?
Nigerians knew that the who shebang was just silly. What rebranding when we all saw the greedy woman dancing away at a 100 million naira birthday party for the then education mininister, all the while ASUU had been on strike for 3 months? What rebranding, telling us all to patronise and buy Nigeria while at the same time all her fellow ministers were travelling out for the smallest of medical ailments?
Even more laughable, while you claim that this lady worked very hard to rebrand Nigeria, when she came up before the Senate and was asked to tell everyone her successes during the campaign, all she could mention was the following milestones.

1. Forced Sony to apologize to Nigerians
2. Banned District 9 movie.

I don't know about you imbeciles, but as far as i am concerned this is nowhere close to being any value for the hundreds of millions (if not billions) spent.
If you, a barely literate clod knows that Nigeria cannot be rebranded, why did a Professor not know this?

Your comments on the FEC and her letter are rather amusing. May i remind you that this woman was employed as an Information minister? PLease judge her on her performance as a minister jo! And frankly, she was incompetent!
Re: Let's Keep Hope Alive - Dora Akunyili by RoadStar: 12:56am On Apr 29, 2011
texazzpete:

You're a dolt!
You talk about Akunyili being a superstar in politics. Then you babble on about NAFDAC. Is NAFDAC politics?
You say she struggled to rebrand Nigeria. You call that campaign that was doomed from the start a worthwhile gesture? How did she go about it? Wasting our money on that worthless idea?
Nigerians knew that the who shebang was just silly. What rebranding when we all saw the greedy woman dancing away at a 100 million naira birthday party for the then education mininister, all the while ASUU had been on strike for 3 months? What rebranding, telling us all to patronise and buy Nigeria while at the same time all her fellow ministers were travelling out for the smallest of medical ailments?
Even more laughable, while you claim that this lady worked very hard to rebrand Nigeria, when she came up before the Senate and was asked to tell everyone her successes during the campaign, all she could mention was the following milestones.

1. Forced Sony to apologize to Nigerians
2. Banned District 9 movie.

I don't know about you imbeciles, but as far as i am concerned this is nowhere close to being any value for the hundreds of millions (if not billions) spent.
If you, a barely literate clod knows that Nigeria cannot be rebranded, why did a Professor not know this?

Your comments on the FEC and her letter are rather amusing. May i remind you that this woman was employed as an Information minister? PLease judge her on her performance as a minister jo! And frankly, she was incompetent!

Since u are interested in raising senseless points let me remind you also that a minister is not necessarily politics if so is Aganga a politician ?
She failed in rebranding Nigeria because u lot are unredeemable and shameless low life scums (And amazingly proud of it ) , I wasn,t commenting on her success in that regard but giving her credit for showing courage and heart in attempting 2 do wot she did.
The same heart and courage that enabled her to speakup , when shameless scumbags who called themselves your leaders cowered away at the FEC.

Nigeria will continue to struggle with people with your mentality around.
Look at the ignorant rants u just spewed. So tell me who was employed to say the truth at the FEC. So she was wrong to speakout because it was not her job. undecided
And the fact that her fellow ministers were corrupt, was all her fault. Is that how desperate u are to discredit her.
I agree with u on the fact that everyone knows that Nigeria is unredeemable. we are eternally condemed by God  (I hope that gives u a lot of satisfaction)
Scumbag !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bomb Scare At PDP National Secretariat / Budget Padding: Buhari Won’t Shield Dogara, Others From Trial — Presidency / 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.