Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,646 members, 7,955,353 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:44 PM

I "Hate" My Parents - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I "Hate" My Parents (14381 Views)

My Parents Divorce Left My Life In Shambles / How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage / I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Kokscity(m): 2:25pm On Feb 15, 2006
@Timmy and Seun

My Personal Opinion is that Timmy and Seun need to move out of their parents home. They are both "Grown Men" and have all this Hate,Love and Revenge for their Folks. Listen stop whining like women, and make the move. You guys sound extremely angry,childish,immature, and you guys are out here thinking because this is a "Friendly Forum", everyone should pity u?
Kokscity recommends that you Kiss your Parents on the forehead and tell them bye. Have some glory/dignity while you are at it too.Move in with a friend,squat with a neighbor,move to the cousins,do what you got to do to get out of that environment. I think it is time to leave the Nest, Boys!!!!

But after all that said i will defer to Nairand's resident psychologist Mr Pendelite for his always prophetic views.

1 Like

Re: I "Hate" My Parents by timmy(m): 2:33pm On Feb 15, 2006
Okay now i Hate you too!! angry
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Kokscity(m): 2:49pm On Feb 15, 2006
Ha!
I am in Yankee,chiling in my crib, about to go to work, and i should be worried about Timmy hating me?O boy! Na small Pikin dey worry you. Please hate me all you want. My parents do not feed me, nor shelter me, and i love them. Maybe there is a correlation between you living under their roof and your anger level.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by alheri(f): 2:52pm On Feb 15, 2006
hEEEEEHeeeeeee. @kokscity. I think he was just joking.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by timmy(m): 3:20pm On Feb 15, 2006
dont mind the silly guy, he's making so much bluff about his self dependent, any tom, jick and jane can pull strings in the yankee's come and live in naija and hope it would be as easy and frenzy as you fu*king say it is,
You sure stink for and advisor, go get a life dude !! angry angry
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by virozuru(f): 4:06pm On Feb 15, 2006
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by lexyflexy(m): 4:22pm On Feb 15, 2006
@ Timmy, hey c'mon, take it slow, be a man, ! try make peace at all cost, aiight,
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Kokscity(m): 4:45pm On Feb 15, 2006
@Timmy

The message is consistent from me, at least you know what you are going to get. You will be surprised how many Mummy's boys we have here in the US. They are grown and still leaving with their parents. It is not a "right" to live with your parents bro,so if you cannot hack it @ home then leave.I lived with my Uncle in PH and my Aunt in Lagos from 95-98. My parents split up, and i had to make my own decisions. Life in Nigeria is rough and i lived it. Stop making excuses like you are PMSing.You need to look hard in the mirror, and say"I am a Grown Man, I have to start acting like one" Repeat it once a day until u move out.

Kokscity is Urging males over 23 to start acting their age.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by pendelite(f): 5:38pm On Feb 15, 2006
There are 40 year old men living with the parents, the problem comes from how you conduct your business and the living arrangements.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by timmy(m): 5:45pm On Feb 15, 2006
Kokcity, so sad you really never had parental love and stress, so easy for you biggot coming here to yarn rubbish at me, by the way who says my parents feed me, cloth me or pay any bills, did my dad by me my car, or pay my office rent or my staff salaries or any of my bills, NO!! so what the fu*k, in africa we sometimes live in family houses, including mine, so shut up and whats that you calling your self a man , durr tongue in deed!!
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by lexyflexy(m): 6:40pm On Feb 15, 2006
na wa, this one you guess are raising dust with this issue, I don't understand. Thot this post was made for the sake giving answers to questions, lets then learn to keep it at that,
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by jclord(f): 6:55pm On Feb 15, 2006
Let me add my 2 cents,

I am a mom, if Seun and Timmy were my sons I would encourage them to live at home long enough to get to the financial level they need . It is challenging starting a business. They should move out and when they can buy their first house and have gotten their business to the level they need it to get to. Many wealthy families provide their children lots of money to get started. What is wrong with helping your child get started in life?
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by UsherGurl(f): 7:03pm On Feb 15, 2006
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by ijebuman(m): 10:28pm On Feb 15, 2006
sorry to go off topic
@pendelite
I'm slightly confused did you have a sex change ? on other threads you were "male" now you're "female" wetin happen now ? cheesy
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Seun(m): 1:24am On Feb 16, 2006
Thank you, jclord. The problem with living with parents is their addiction to the idea of "as long as you're living under my roof". If a parent simply helps her child with free accomodation it would be a good thing. But most parents also want to bark out free orders, make free demands, give free unsolicited and unwanted advice, and impose a multitude of free restrictions on their adult children living at home. It breeds a tremendous amount of free resentment; I'd be scared to have someone feeling that kind of resentment towards me!
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Ynot(m): 2:10am On Feb 16, 2006
Thats the more reason you need to get your butt outta the house. You don't wanna leave and at the same time you don't wanna take orders from em. Out of sight will lead to out of mind. Distance creates appreciation and appreciation in-turn begets love.  Most people live their life thinking that their parents own em something. They don't. Their duty to you is feed and shelter you until you can walk, talk and be able to make rational decision on your own. Anything after that is a bonus and should be of their discretion.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Seun(m): 2:22am On Feb 16, 2006
You're not saying anything I don't already know. I thought we have already agreed that it's better to leave home? So why the repitition? Do you think you are talking to ignoramuses or idiots who need to have simple statements repeated over and over?
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by pendelite(f): 3:36am On Feb 16, 2006
sorry to go off topic
@pendelite
I'm slightly confused did you have a sex change ? on other threads you were "male" now you're "female" wetin happen now ? Cheesy

there is male in fe*male*, maybe that explains why I have one bone too many. Got an extra one. Do you want me to undergo another sex change? What's up with these observations? Seun asked the same question. maybe it's tinkering with the board, screwing things around, tongue
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Rhodalyn(f): 12:03am On Feb 18, 2006
u sometimes feel like beating up yr dad? winkpls dnt beat up da poor old man
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Grizzly(m): 12:18am On Feb 18, 2006
Ok now timmy, thats the wrong, wrong word 2 use: HATE. The bible says in the book of proverbs,if u be hating on your parents, the lamp of your life wull be snuffed out, ,.(Clicks tongue) U dont want that to happen, just take it easy, ok?
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Bisanke(f): 7:23am On Feb 18, 2006
Ah ah Timmy kilo de de? Using that exspensive word hate. Humm, *shakes head* well ogbeni instead of using the word hate 2 b sweeter u could've used the word dislike, annoy or something else than hate. Ah especially using it in a sentence 4 your parents, eh nawa o u really mean what u said.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Seun(m): 7:30am On Feb 18, 2006
I know what it is like to feel exactly that way, so I'm not tormenting him over the use of that word. It just means "strongly dislike" which is normal considering the intensity of the emotions invoked in family settings.

If I say "I hate cats!" does it mean I want to kill all cats? Oh hell, no!
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Bisanke(f): 7:34am On Feb 18, 2006
Seun:

I know what it is like to feel exactly that way, so I'm not tormenting him over the use of that word. It just means "strongly dislike" which is normal considering the intensity of the emotions invoked in family settings.

If I say "I hate cats!" does it mean I want to kill all cats? Oh hell, no!

smileyWell, i know though i thought it was 2 strong of a word 2 b used towards your parents b cause no matter what they do there still gonig to b there as our parents
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by timmy(m): 12:06pm On Feb 18, 2006
@seun, thats more like it
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by timmy(m): 12:08pm On Feb 18, 2006
whatever  undecided, its just shows how much of their actions i cant witstand
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Maxflame(m): 2:17pm On Feb 18, 2006
Timmy your situation is perfectly normal. I've gone through thesame phase, so have my friends. They just feel threatened that their little boy is all grown up and will soon leave em, so they try to make you feel like your still a kid, when i found this out i totally understood how my mum felt (coz she was the one giving me hell) and brushed everything aside with jokes and making everything look like play. You might want to do that before you leave em. And try going out everytime, if possible spend days bunking in your friend's before you have enough pepper to get your own. How old are you by the way?
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by jclord(f): 4:28pm On Feb 18, 2006
Maxflame ,
Great advice. It is a good idea to spend a lot of time away from home. That will ease the tensions. that is what my older sisters did when when they lived with my parents. It worked well for them.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Grizzly(m): 10:31pm On Feb 18, 2006
Who started all da hating in this room? now timmy, back off ok? tot u was supposed 2 be looking for answers 2 your problem? k-city that'll do.,.,and u, yes u! Dont stand there like u dont know what i was talkin about,.,.In my office, NOW!!
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Maxflame(m): 10:42pm On Feb 18, 2006
Yeee!
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Kokscity(m): 10:48pm On Feb 18, 2006
@Toronto

I think you need some sleep. U have been posting all day!!!! Make u sabi as you dey call my name bro. Take a chill pill on the posting, the website is not running away, or should i just conclude u are unemployed?

Kokscity,
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Grizzly(m): 11:04pm On Feb 18, 2006
@ Kokscity.,.Swallow ur tongue and choke, men. i am unemployed? thats not entirely incorrect, cos i'm still an undergraduate, and i been posting all day? thats because i'm browsing wid ma fone courtesy MTN! He he he!! lol
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by virozuru(f): 11:14pm On Feb 18, 2006

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Inspirational Interview Of A Single Mother With Three Special Needs Children / Change Of Name / Health Benefits Of Raw Honey And Ginger That You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.