Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

I "Hate" My Parents - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I "Hate" My Parents (14096 Views)

My Parents Divorce Left My Life In Shambles / How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage / I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Kokscity(m): 11:19pm On Feb 18, 2006
@Toronto

U sound Hilarious!! Because MTN is giving you free browsing doesn't mean you should go crazy posting. Well i am not impressed "Littleton". My Job has free Broadband highspeed Internet doesn't mean i should go crazy on it. Act like you have been there bro! Make u know as u dey talk to your elders. I don graduate tay tay. Abi small pikin don dey worry you again? Just like Timmy kids of this era no dey respect themselves. Toronto u too still dey your Papa house abi?

Kokscity is about to love-vendor slap a Wanksta!
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Kokscity(m): 11:22pm On Feb 18, 2006
Zuru

Please tell these people to stop trying me.

Toronto

Back up bro. Trust me i will outlast you. U are still a shadow in my eyes!!!!!!!
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Grizzly(m): 11:44pm On Feb 18, 2006
Pheww!! That was rabid,.,lol
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Kokscity(m): 12:01am On Feb 19, 2006
@Toronto

78 post in 24hrs= Jobless shocked. I guess that gives u some "kind of record on Nairaland". Whoa, our youths really need Jobs!

Kokscity
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Grizzly(m): 12:24am On Feb 19, 2006
Dont be hating on me men, lol tot u was supposed to be mature? grow up, lol @78 in 24hrs.,.,men i'm just having fun, same time tryna solve ppl needs.,.,@ being jobless,.,.if u had a job u wont go fishin for ma posts.he he he!! Finally, This is d last time i'd be talking back atcha, peace.,.,Now timmy about hating ur parents,the bible says.,.,(Blah, Blah, Blah)
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Maxflame(m): 10:18am On Feb 19, 2006
@ kokscity
You amaze me. You've finished university and now working a desk job and feel you're king arguing with younger people? I actually felt Toronto was funny, and the idea of this forum in the first place is to have fun. So what's your problem?

Lemme guess you'll outlast me.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Kokscity(m): 2:12pm On Feb 19, 2006
@Maxflame

Kokscity is going to ignore you, because i did not win that powerball lottery last night. Anyway all i will say is that a Job is a Job is a Job!!! Desk Job, Blue Collar,white collar, field Job, dirty job, as long as it is legal, it is still a JOB! Just don't knock another man's work.

@Toronto
I was not fishing for for post, it breaks down the numbers in your profile.

Kokscity!!!!
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by timmy(m): 8:07pm On Feb 19, 2006
@kokcity
lolz!! wtf, u mean u are a silly as$ salary(wage) earner? and you come here forming like one bad as$ cocain lord from cocain city, loose ur job soon and lets see how much of your fast broadband net access you can get on with

i guess at this junction ill'd love to thank all those who have given me those wonderfull words and advices, the good news is that i've mended things with my parents and i just got an apartment and ,most likely would be moving in two months time, a little here and there touches (the last tenant did so heavy damages befor he left geess angry)
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Kokscity(m): 8:24pm On Feb 19, 2006
@Timmy

Finally u are acting like an adult. I am not sure where you get that impression of me from. But i must say if you need helpful tips on how to leave the nest, i can help. I left my parents a while ago and the feeling at the time was good. To be a man is not a day's job. But to be a man you have to free yourself of your parents and stand alone. Your mates get pikin, you still dey quarrel with your mama and papa for house. Even me sef, get shame for you. Timmy stop glorifying drugs as a yard stick to success.

Kokscity's advice is just that,an advice.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by timmy(m): 8:55pm On Feb 19, 2006
Yeah right!! so easy to sound lika a adult, that you trying hard to get, you dont come here giving me tips on how to grow, we really different, i even live a more adult life that you,

you earn, i pay tongue, see we are different, i have so many ppl down my chain, bills and salaries that i pay off every month, while yo suck your ugly face and expact big boss to get you ur pay cheque and end of the month, so much for a man (get to ba an enterprenurer in yankee and lets see if daddy wont be sending you pocket money soon grin)
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Kokscity(m): 9:33pm On Feb 19, 2006
Dude

Has no clue. Lol @ Bigg boss and monthly paycheck.

Ha!
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Maxflame(m): 6:07am On Feb 20, 2006
Is it me or did the dreaded kokscity just get his as$ whooped? wink
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by pendelite(f): 6:12am On Feb 20, 2006
Sometimes, I just wonder if I'm too old for nairaland, this issue just went from a real call serious review of an issue to kiddie time, embarassed angry
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Maxflame(m): 6:16am On Feb 20, 2006
Just how old are ya? 60? cheesy
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Seun(m): 6:22am On Feb 20, 2006
Nobody's too old for Nairaland.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Maxflame(m): 6:37am On Feb 20, 2006
Even if you're 60? shocked wink
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by idiotboop(f): 3:43am On Feb 28, 2006
@ pendelite
Finally someone on same wave length
your posts were spot on and nah sorry to say its the man-child mentality you are witnessing at present.

All i have to say education and enlightenment goes a loooooooooong way
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Grizzly(m): 7:27am On Feb 28, 2006
@ Bettyboop, whut u mean "Man-child mentality", ?
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by idiotboop(f): 12:23pm On Feb 28, 2006
@ grizzly

never heard the term Man-child? I think you have tongue
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Grizzly(m): 2:15pm On Feb 28, 2006
Wutever, ,
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by suz: 3:16pm On Mar 02, 2006
timmy, take it easy, as a teenager, you will get problems with your parents and as shadia said, maybe they are just been over protective. why don't u sit with them and talk it over? wink wink
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Alsuwaidi(f): 6:13pm On Mar 02, 2006
about your mother ,
Honouring one’s parents is one of the most important duties that people are obliged to do for one another, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And We have enjoined on man (to be dutiful and good) to his parents. His mother bore him in weakness and hardship upon weakness and hardship, and his weaning is in two years give thanks to Me and to your parents. Unto Me is the final destination.

15. But if they (both) strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not; but behave with them in the world kindly”

[Luqmaan 31:14, 15]

Allaah enjoined keeping good company with those mushrik parents who were striving to make him join others with Allaah sShirk) – He told him to behave with them in the world kindly.

Obeying parents is obligatory for the child with regard to that which will benefit them without causing harm to the child. As for that which will not benefit them or which will cause harm to the child, there is no obligation to obey them in that case.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Ikhtiyaaraat (p. 114): A person is obliged to obey his parents so long as it does not involve sin, even if they are evildoers… This has to do with that which benefits them and does not cause harm to him. End quote.

As for shunning her, you should not do that, for she is your mother and has great rights over you. You can uphold ties with her by phone and visiting her from time to time. Seek reward by being patient with the insults and curses, etc., that you experience in these visits, seeking thereby the pleasure of Allaah.

But in order to reduce the harm and evil that results from visiting her, you can make the visits few and far between, but keep in touch with her by phone if possible, or by asking how she is. Perhaps she will need you and have some problem. If you do that, there is no sin on you, in sha Allah, if you make your visits infrequent. And do not be disobedient towards her, because – although is the one who is entitled to kind treatment from you – she does not want you to visit her and she is not asking you for that
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by eveseh(f): 3:13pm On Apr 28, 2006
suz:

timmy, take it easy, as a teenager, you will get problems with your parents and as shadia said, maybe they are just been over protective. why don't u sit with them and talk it over? wink wink

yea,she should take it cool
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by emiley(f): 8:18pm On May 03, 2007
some prayers.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by chivaley(f): 10:02am On May 04, 2007
parents can nag, be annoying and all that but trust me you don't want to lose them. it hurts like hell. trust me. and then you begin to wish you could bring them back even if it means they nag the hell out of you and even give you the occasional spanking. sad
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by lexyflexy(m): 2:16pm On May 21, 2009
You know why I love the Bible? It is a total standard for proper and appropriate living, the sole answer to your made decision can be found in the book of Ephisians 6 : 1 - 3, supported by DEUTERONOMY 5:16.

Let me bring this to your consciousness, even if you are hated or abused by your parents, you cannot take the position they occupy from them, it is for this cause that they must be respected, no matter how ugly they treat you, to ensure you don't get the hatred in return from your own children, I suggest - because it is required that you treat them the way you wish to be treated when you attain their position someday; it is called LAW OF COMPESATION (the measure with which you give, is the same measure with which you shall recieve), this is a fundamental truth of universal application, there are no two ways to explain it,
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by mystiqueem(f): 2:50am On Apr 21, 2010
i love dagaro (m) story about the little boy and his father's new truck, its inspiring

timmy, its easy for people to give you sound advice when the said things are not happening to them,

they are all assuming youth as the cause of this resentment but my elder brother is NOT a kid. he beats up my dad, slaps my mum, fights me, my younger brother and my sisters as if we are the enemy. and most terrifying, he uses any weapon he can lay is hands on. knife, scissors, glass cups, chairs, bottles you name it,
i always wake up with fear at any slight noise.

now tell me; what could be the cause of such malicious anger/rage?

the thing is I also hated my parents until i almost died. i FORGAVE them and they've not yet CHANGED!!!
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by timmy(m): 12:45pm On Jun 01, 2012
I really hope nairaland would be around for a very long time, i posted this thread a long time ago, 6-7 yrs i think.. I'm now a dad and i know im going to have some issues with my kid, but when that time comes, i'd be very glad to open this page to her and say, "i once felt this way".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 01, 2012
Awwwwww. grin So cute.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by amaks: 5:46pm On Jun 02, 2012
congrats! i'm sure u've learnt and seen/experienced the consequences of ur parents mistakes and u definately wont repeat them to ur kids. hopefully she wont pass thru what uve passed thru. hope uve forgiven them n moved on by now. forget everyhting they did, but dont forget the lessons u learnt, and also, accept the fact that they may never change, esp at their age, learn to live with that. but ure on your own now, so dont bother much about that, just continue moving on with ur life. wishing u a happy home.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by toygod2: 4:30pm On Sep 01, 2012
better dont hate
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by tpia1: 8:19pm On Jul 11, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Every Home Has That Smell Unique To It. What Smell Is Unique To Your Home? Pics / The Best Legacy To Give Your Child / I Had A Fight With My Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.