Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,603 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death (30341 Views)

Buhari Warns IPOB, I Have Been Soft On You People, Don't Take It For Granted. / Saraki Reacts To IPOB's Attack On Ekweremadu / South-East Governors React To IPOB’s Attack On Sight Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by bolaayenimo: 10:39pm On May 31, 2021
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

The Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike has said he will continue to stand by his words that the activities of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) are unacceptable in the state whether his life is threatened or not.

The governor who spoke when he featured on Channels Television programme ‘Politics Today’ monitored by Daily Independent said he is not afraid of death as every man will die someday.

He said that the sit at home order cannot work in Rivers as the states is a South-South state and not one of the South-Eastern states.

He said “With all due respect, I have said it before and I will continue to say it, IPOB cannot make an order to say that people should sit at home in Rivers. I have said that clearly before because it does not exist in Rivers state. Rivers state is South-South. We are in Niger Delta”.

“I am not saying whether the people of South-East should not obey what IPOB has said or not but they cannot give orders to Rivers people that we should sit at home. No! It is not possible.

“Like I always say, I am not against IPOB’s activities in the South-East because they have a right to whatever they are doing with their people”.

“But as far as Rivers state is concerned, we are not part of it. So, you cannot give an order when we are not part of whatever you are doing? How does it work? It doesn’t work that way.

“It is like saying there are South Easterners who are staying in Lagos, therefore IPOB will give a sit at home order in Lagos that everybody should move”.

“There are Igbo people staying in Kano, IPOB will go and make a sit at home order that nobody should move in Kano. It is not acceptable. So, IPOB for me.

"I have said it, whether people like it or not, whether people want to kill me. I know that yes, people must die one day but you must have to speak out and say this is not acceptable”.

“Our people are not part of it and so you cannot give order to people who are not part of what you are doing. When they gave that order, did anybody obeyed it in Rivers state? No, because it cannot work as we are not part of them”.

https://independent.ng/wike-to-ipob-i-am-not-afraid-of-death/

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by kinzation(m): 10:40pm On May 31, 2021
Wike
Strong man
I love his guts

E nor send una
Very tough nut to crack grin

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by joyairemiya: 10:42pm On May 31, 2021
Wike that said he can walk whole of Rivers state without security. But i will be happy if he can do that

173 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by GOATandYAMtheory: 10:42pm On May 31, 2021
Rivers state today was as busy as a market day

Wike, the governor with balls

Huge great hairy balls!

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by GOATandYAMtheory: 10:45pm On May 31, 2021
Thunder fire the scamming hunchback

Many Biafran efulefus will waste their lives..and when the online republic becomes a reality,he will come down to rule

The only leader leading from the back

The Zoopleme leader

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by Moferere: 10:46pm On May 31, 2021
In other words, everybody should fence his village

Wike, please try and visit Imo first.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by Northernblood3: 10:46pm On May 31, 2021
joyairemiya:
Wike that said he can walk whole of Rivers state without security. But i will be happy if he can do that
He can't. The pig thinks that he will be in power forever. He doesn't know that music has changed already. UGM will hunt him down forever unlike before people easily forget the atrocities of these evil men.

Hope and Wike should just buy a permanent house in Abuja.

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by Ever8090: 10:47pm On May 31, 2021
Truth be told, even in South east it shouldn't be by force to honour any fallen hero..

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by kinzation(m): 10:48pm On May 31, 2021
Make them kpai am
Moferere:
In other words, everybody should fence his village

Wike, please try and visit Imo first.
Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by Idiko1: 10:49pm On May 31, 2021
bolaayenimo:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

The Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike has said he will continue to stand by his words that the activities of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) are unacceptable in the state whether his life is threatened or not.

The governor who spoke when he featured on Channels Television programme ‘Politics Today’ monitored by Daily Independent said he is not afraid of death as every man will die someday.

He said that the sit at home order cannot work in Rivers as the states is a South-South state and not one of the South-Eastern states.

He said “With all due respect, I have said it before and I will continue to say it, IPOB cannot make an order to say that people should sit at home in Rivers. I have said that clearly before because it does not exist in Rivers state. Rivers state is South-South. We are in Niger Delta”.

“I am not saying whether the people of South-East should not obey what IPOB has said or not but they cannot give orders to Rivers people that we should sit at home. No! It is not possible.

“Like I always say, I am not against IPOB’s activities in the South-East because they have a right to whatever they are doing with their people”.

“But as far as Rivers state is concerned, we are not part of it. So, you cannot give an order when we are not part of whatever you are doing? How does it work? It doesn’t work that way.

“It is like saying there are South Easterners who are staying in Lagos, therefore IPOB will give a sit at home order in Lagos that everybody should move”.
“There are Igbo people staying in Kano, IPOB will go and make a sit at home order that nobody should move in Kano. It is not acceptable. So, IPOB for me.

"I have said it, whether people like it or not, whether people want to kill me. I know that yes, people must die one day but you must have to speak out and say this is not acceptable”.

“Our people are not part of it and so you cannot give order to people who are not part of what you are doing. When they gave that order, did anybody obeyed it in Rivers state? No, because it cannot work as we are not part of them”
The stay at home order has nothing to do with ethnicity, state or geopolitical region. It is all about remembrance of Biafra and those who identified with Biafra as we know it. There many fallen Biafran fighters from the present day Rivers State. Anybody who pays any mind to dumbass fool called Wike is a dolt. Wike claimed not to be afraid of death yet he moves around in a convoy of police and other paramilitary units. Wike speaks like a dunce.

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by Officialgarri: 10:51pm On May 31, 2021
Biafra is angry that Nigeria won't let her go , yet Biafra is angry that another people refused to be part of their dream

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by lilvicky68(m): 10:52pm On May 31, 2021
Ever8090:
Truth be told, even in South east it shouldn't be by force to honour any fallen hero..
And people must not sit at home to honour them either..they can honour them by living good lives and avoiding war and bloodshed..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by monkautos(m): 10:55pm On May 31, 2021
Idiko1:

The stay at home order has nothing to do with ethnicity, state or geopolitical region. It is all about remembrance of Biafra and those who identified with Biafra as we know it. There many fallen Biafran fighters from the present day Rivers State. Anybody who pays any mind to dumbass fool called Wike is a dolt. Wike claimed not to be afraid of death yet he moves around in a convoy of police and other paramilitary units. Wike speaks like a dunce.

You guys are so funny...doing exactly the same thing you accuse the north of doing. Bros country no be by force

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by bolaayenimo: 11:03pm On May 31, 2021
nobody can try that. you yourself know
kinzation:
Make them kpai am

2 Likes

Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by Idiko1: 11:08pm On May 31, 2021
monkautos:

You guys are so funny...doing exactly the same thing you accuse the north of doing. Bros country no be by force

What has remembrance day for Biafra got to do with north and a country by force? The fools in this instance are the detractors. Most group of people have memorial day. Why would knucklehead bent out of shape because IPOB wants to celebrate the day Biafra was declared as a country. The people from northern region of Nigeria do not even say word about it yet the dingbats from southern region seemed to die for it.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by Bettykeys: 11:10pm On May 31, 2021
joyairemiya:

Nonsensical response of d year.

The fact remains that WIKE the wicked would not allow any miscreants to perform any shiiit in the River state

Wike na ur boss

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:17pm On May 31, 2021
True talk but to correct you sir, nothing like south south in geography, Rivers people are Niger deltans!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by Elvictor: 11:18pm On May 31, 2021
He talks too much nowadays.

3 Likes

Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by ablejesus26(m): 11:31pm On May 31, 2021
I wish we had governor like this man in SE.
Hope is trying sha.
No group of outlaws will be allowed to take the floor.
They are the minority,and Ndi Anambra will prove that again by handing over power to a govt that will do everything to crush the fraudster with his group of thugs.

Igboland is bigger than any sect or group.
Igboland says no to insurgency.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by SILVERLINES: 11:34pm On May 31, 2021
cheesy

It baffles me that Wike at his age is still stupid

What is Niger delta to him, where exactly can he find Niger delta in Africa recognized map, it is better the fool recognize himself as an ikwerre man than calling himself Niger delta.

What heritage does Wike shared with a Yoruba men who are part of his Niger Delta? What exactly do they have in common? I will never recognize myself or address myself as a niger deltan
He should be ready to die on IPOB matters then
I pray God should open the so-called Niger deltans their eyes to know we're they truly belong

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by adadike(f): 12:35am On Jun 01, 2021
Wike, na man you be . Not all these Anumanu kanu urine lickers, umu achikota ekweonu that full nairaland

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by EverydayHelpers(m): 1:59am On Jun 01, 2021
People should NOT be forced to join Biafra activities.

5 Likes

Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by Peace2allmen: 3:19am On Jun 01, 2021
I have said this many times over,Biafra of Igbos only or other similar tribes like Efik or Ibibio who identify with our beliefs and values and want to be part of it should be our utmost focus.
There is no need bringing people who don’t like others into another nation and have another useless country like Nigeria. We can’t force others into it, that’s hypocrisy, akin to doing what the useless dream killer Nigeria is doing and people of good conscience shouldn’t be part of it.
However, it would also be good for people down south to fight together and liberate themselves from Nigeria first and then to your tents oh Israel.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by Ekpeitit(m): 5:22am On Jun 01, 2021
bolaayenimo:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

“Our people are not part of it and so you cannot give order to people who are not part of what you are doing. When they gave that order, did anybody obeyed it in Rivers state? No, because it cannot work as we are not part of them”
Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by Ekpeitit(m): 5:26am On Jun 01, 2021
The Biafra tribe is the most uneducated and dumb tribe in Nigeria, we have told the idiots a million times that we don't want to have anything to do with them but they don't get it,instead they will call us Afonja.
Bro,Niger Delta people don't like you or trust you and we will never allign with you.
Just fight for your Biafra and leave us out of your desperation.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by Ekpeitit(m): 5:27am On Jun 01, 2021
Idiko1:

Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by ogbuefi677(m): 5:28am On Jun 01, 2021
Elvictor:
He talks too much nowadays.
Na cocaine de cause am

1 Like

Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by ogbuefi677(m): 5:31am On Jun 01, 2021
Ekpeitit:
The Biafra tribe is the most uneducated and dumb tribe in Nigeria, we have told the idiots a million times that we don't want to have anything to do with them but they don't get it,instead they will call me will call us Afonja.
Bro,Niger Delta people don't like you or trust you and we will never allign with you.
Just fight for your Biafra and leave us out of your desperation.
Imagine som1 from the imaginary Niger delta calling Igbos 'dumb and uneducated '?
Let me tell you something today.
Apart from the Aniomas,Cross Rivers and Akwa Ibomites,the picture every Igbo man has of you ppl is lazy,stupidly violent,ogogoro guzzling,sexually uninhibited, people who 70% of their women give birth in their father's house, people who are never ready to better their lives and always waiting for handouts from oil companies, people who are always praying for their fathers to die so they can sell their family house and squander the money,etc .
Think we'll b4 u insult any Igbo man tomorrow cos na una and those boys shouting owo mi da we de place for d same place

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by Ekpeitit(m): 5:31am On Jun 01, 2021
Peace2allmen:
I have said this many times over,Biafra of Igbos only or other similar tribes like Efik or Ibibio who identify with our beliefs and values and want to be part of it should be our utmost focus.
There is no need bringing people who don’t like others into another nation and have another useless country like Nigeria. We can’t force others into it, that’s hypocrisy, akin to doing what the useless dream killer Nigeria is doing and people of good conscience shouldn’t be part of it.
However, it would also be good for people down south to fight together and liberate themselves from Nigeria first and then to your tents oh Israel.
Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by Tekzyflex(m): 5:32am On Jun 01, 2021
Rivers state is not Biafra!Rivers state is a core Niger Delta state! We the Ijaw speaking people in rivers state aren't part of that nonsense...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike To IPOB: I Am Not Afraid Of Death by Ekpeitit(m): 5:32am On Jun 01, 2021
Mumu,fight your battle alone.
No Efik,Ibibio,Ijaw or Ikwere man is interested in your problems.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Major-General Chris Alli (rtd) Is Dead / Atiku Criticizes APC At PDP Convention: "APC Promised 3m Jobs But Lost 3m Jobs" / Tompolo's 46th Birthday: Niger Delta People Celebrate On The Streets Of Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.