Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? (9807 Views)

How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died / Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? / How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by Niyi53(m): 7:05am On May 10, 2011
The point that you fail to realise is that Adam committed no sin. No sin was therefore transfered unto the progeny of Adam, and this account for the reason why there were numerous righteous people on earth even @ the time of Jesus.
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:43am On May 12, 2011
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:42pm On May 12, 2011
thats jus sensless. our ancestors had health problems even before adams birth. tongue
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:07pm On May 12, 2011
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by newmi(m): 1:14pm On May 12, 2011
Before the Cross people were saved by their works based on the Law (for the jews you need to add that) but l will seek out time to expanciate
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:22pm On May 12, 2011
Father of Believers

"And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness" (Genesis 15:6)

The key New Testament doctrine of imputed righteousness, received through saving faith in the Word of God, is foreshadowed beautifully in the life of Abraham.  Because of his strong faith, demonstrated again and again in difficult acts of obedience, Abraham has been called "the father of all them that believe" (Romans 4:11).  Our text verse is quoted four times in the New Testament (Romans 4:3, 22; Galatians 3:6; James 2:23) and is made the basis of the great gospel theme of salvation and righteousness.  This is obtained, not by one's good works, but by imputation, and is received through faith in the gracious promises of God through Jesus Christ.  "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" (2 Corinthians 5:21).

"Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure . . . to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all" (Romans 4:16).  Just as "Jerusalem which is above . . . is the mother of us all" (Galatians 4:26), so faithful Abraham is "the father of us all."  Spiritual Jerusalem speaks of salvation by grace, rather than by law, and Abraham testifies of righteousness through faith, rather than by works.  And yet, 12 of the 40 verses of Hebrews 11, the great "faith chapter," deal with the outward evidences of Abraham's inner faith.

There is still another reference to Abraham's spiritual seed: "Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham" (Galatians 3:7).  As Abraham's spiritual children, therefore, we also ought to believe God's Word at whatever cost, demonstrating the reality of our faith to the world--as did father Abraham--by obeying God. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:16pm On May 12, 2011
newmi:

Before the Cross people were saved by their works based on the Law (for the jews you need to add that) but l will seek out time to expanciate

This site will give you a clearer picture to the subject at hand. (Click on the esc. link).

http://www.gotquestions.org/before-Jesus.html
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by Niyi53(m): 3:37pm On May 12, 2011
its that same law that made the earlier ppl righteous that will make us righteous as jesus said i have not come to destroyed the law but to fulfill. Moreover there is no sense in making jesus suffer death when there have been a method in place to make people become righteous.
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:57pm On May 12, 2011
Niyi53:

its that same law that made the earlier ppl righteous that will make us righteous as jesus said i have not come to destroyed the law but to fulfill. Moreover there is no sense in making jesus suffer death when there have been a method in place to make people become righteous.

OLAADEGBU:

Again to answer the question of what happens to the people who died before Jesus came, let us read this verse in the book of Hebrews:

"But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect" (Heb.12:22-23).

Jesus is and has always been the central point of history. In the OT, we read about the law that was given to the Israelites, and all the sacrifices they were commanded by God to carry out, all the festivals they were to keep, and all the feasts they were to conduct. The reason for all of these is that they pointed to Jesus.

Since the Fall of man, when sin entered the world, everyone on earth through faith (either in Jesus who was to come or Jesus who has now come) has the opportunity for salvation through faith. This is why the Jews had so many laws (613 of them), festivals and sacrifices, which now have all been fulfilled in Christ, the Messiah they were looking towards. It would have been impossible for a Jew to do something without it having reference to the Messiah yet to come. Praise God, the Messiah has now come. We all need to make sure we have put our faith and trust in Him.

Therefore, people before Jesus Christ were saved by faith, and thus went to heaven when they died, and those who did not have faith went to hellfire, which is the fate of all those who choose not to believe and receive Jesus Christ as their own Saviour and Lord today.
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:03pm On May 12, 2011
"And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; it shall bruise your head and, and bruise his heel" -- Genesis 3:15

The Gospel in Genesis 3:15?

"And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise His heel." —Genesis 3:15

Genesis 3:15 is known by the term Protevangelium, or "first gospel"—a prophetic picture of the time when Satan would be defeated by the woman’s triumphant "Seed."

The text itself invites us to find an interpretation that goes beyond mere biology. Satan, a spirit being, cannot produce seed; and clearly a woman does not produce seed. So, even at the simplest reading of this pronouncement, the seed apparently refers to a spiritual being who has the serpent’s same attitude.

Based on other scripture, it appears that the serpent’s "seed" refers to those who willfully set themselves against the seed of the woman (John 8:44; Ephesians 2:2–3). The age-long conflict between the Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Satan (Matthew 13:37–40:1; John 3:8–12) will continue until the end (Revelation 12:17). "He" that crushes the serpent’s head refers to a future descendent of the woman and is a singular noun—which many Bible scholars believe is a reference to Jesus Christ.

Saviour crossing

[img width=500 height=500]http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/media/cartoons/after-eden/20040816.gif[/img]
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by Joagbaje(m): 9:05am On May 13, 2011
newmi:

That's a lesser truth. but the actual fact is that no man got saved at all. No man could go to heaven yet. Because man at his best still had the nature of sin. It is only the blood of Jesus that could take away that sin nature. Even though righteousness was credited to certain men's  account in the old testament , it was only in legal terms . They still had to wait for Jesus to come and die. So that man both dead and alive can be experience vital salvation.

So salvation before Jesus was nominal an on legalistic level but not a vital experience. It was when Jesus died and went to the regions of the dead that he rose up with the dead saints and he took them to heaven after hus blood had been shed.

1 Peter 4:6
6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

Matthew 27:52-53
52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:51am On May 13, 2011
"How were people saved before Jesus died for our sins."?

Question:

"How were people saved before Jesus died for our sins?" 

Answer:

Since the fall of man, the basis of salvation has always been the death of Christ.  No one, either prior to the cross or since the cross, would ever be saved without that one pivotal event in the history of the world.  Christ's death paid the penalty for past sins of Old Testament saints and future sins of New Testament saints.

The requirement for salvation has always been faith.  The object of one's faith for salvation has always been God.  The psalmist wrote, "Blessed are all who take refuge in him" (Psalm 2:12).  Genesis 15:6 tells us that Abraham believed God and that was enough for God to credit it to him for righteousness (see also Romans 4:3-cool.  The Old Testament sacrificial system did not take away sin, as Hebrews 10:1-10 clearly teaches.  It did, however, point to the day when the Son of God would shed His blood for the sinful human race.

What has changed through the ages is the content of a believer's faith.  God's requirement of what must be believed is based on the amount of revelation He has given mankind up to that time.  This is called progressive revelation.  Adam believed the promise God gave in Genesis 3:15 that the Seed of the woman would conquer Satan.  Adam believed Him, demonstrated by the name he gave Eve (v. 20) and the Lord indicated His acceptance immediately by covering them with coats of skin (v. 21).  At that point that is all Adam knew, but he believed it.

Abraham believed God according to the promises and new revelation God gave him in Genesis 12 and 15.  Prior to Moses, no Scripture was written, but mankind was responsible for what God had revealed.  Throughout the Old Testament, believers came to salvation because they believed that God would someday take care of their sin problem.  Today, we look back, believing that He has already taken care of our sins on the cross (John 3:16; Hebrews 9:28).

What about believers in Christ's day, prior to the cross and resurrection? What did they believe?  Did they understand the full picture of Christ dying on a cross for their sins?  Late in His ministry, "Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life" (Matthew 16:21-22).  What was the reaction of His disciples to this message?  "Then Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. ‘Never, Lord!’ he said. ‘This shall never happen to you!’" Peter and the other disciples did not know the full truth, yet they were saved because they believed that God would take care of their sin problem.  They didn't exactly know how He would accomplish that, any more than Adam, Abraham, Moses, or David knew how, but they believed God.

Today, we have more revelation than the people living before the resurrection of Christ; we know the full picture. "In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe" (Hebrews 1:1-2).  Our salvation is still based on the death of Christ, our faith is still the requirement for salvation, and the object of our faith is still God.  Today, for us, the content of our faith is that Jesus Christ died for our sins, He was buried, and He rose the third day (1 Corinthians 15:3-4).

http://www.gotquestions.org/before-Jesus.html
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:11am On May 13, 2011
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by Joagbaje(m): 2:34pm On May 13, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

I love the cartoon ,I think it just illustrate my point , they all got saved in Jesus cross.
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:43pm On May 13, 2011
Joagbaje:

I love the cartoon ,I think it just illustrate my point , they all got saved in Jesus cross.

I doubt that you understand it. While it is true that all got saved in Jesus Cross, some before and others after the Cross through faith in looking forward as well as in looking backward at the Cross.
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by Joagbaje(m): 3:59pm On May 13, 2011
It's still the same . Man was only reconcile to God when the blood was shed . No man Could get saved before the cross.
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:56pm On May 13, 2011
Joagbaje:

It's still the same . Man was only reconcile to God when the blood was shed . No man Could get saved before the cross.

Were Enoch and Elijah saved?
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:23pm On May 16, 2011
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by aletheia(m): 8:55pm On May 16, 2011
www.nairaland.com/attachments/258227_looking_to_jesus_giff283923377523e97123af700dc19d1bd

I doubt if Joagbaje and co will agree with you. This very same topic was discussed earlier here What It Means To Be "born Again"!
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by nuclearboy(m): 10:35pm On May 16, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

[size=18pt]Were Enoch and Elijah saved?[/size]

Good question - how did these get to heaven when Jesus had not yet been sacrificed?
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by Joagbaje(m): 11:23pm On May 16, 2011
Enoch and Elijah are saved . Every saint of the OT got saved at Jesus death. The fact that they were taken to heaven didn't mean they got born again. Satan also gained access to heaven. Was he born again?

Job 1:6
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by mabell: 11:38pm On May 16, 2011
In addition
Elijah came back and died in replacement of John the baptist
It is believed that Enoch and Elijah according to Dakes bible are suppossed to be the two witnesses in Revelation that will be killed

Re 11:3 ¶ And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by Joagbaje(m): 11:48pm On May 16, 2011
aletheia:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/258227_looking_to_jesus_giff283923377523e97123af700dc19d1bd

I doubt if Joagbaje and co will agree with you. This very same topic was discussed earlier here What It Means To Be "born Again"!

Looking forward and looking backward to what? . His birth, his life or his death?. It is his death that ransomed man .
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by aletheia(m): 4:25am On May 17, 2011
Joagbaje:

Looking forward and looking backward to what? . His birth, his life or his death?. It is his death that ransomed man .
^
The diagram is clear. Only those without faith in Jesus Christ fail to see it.

Here is the testimony of one OT saint:
KJV: Job Chapter 19:

[25] For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
[26] And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
[27] Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
And here is what Jesus said of Abraham:
KJV: John Chapter 8:

[56] Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

Two questions for you:
1) What is the significance of Abraham's action on Mount Moriah? Was this action before or after God credited him with righteousness? Hope you realize that one is not credited with what belongs to him; but rather the one who has credits the one who lacks.
2) What is the significance of Yom Kippur and azazel (la-aza'zeyl) in Leviticus 16?
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by Joagbaje(m): 5:17am On May 17, 2011
The fact thqt Some of them believe in his coming didnt take the fact away that the way of salvation was not yet open. Man could not have been reconciled to God without the perfect blood as much as they desire redemption , the way to the Holiest was not yet open. It was on legal grounds but not yet a vital experience.

A political party may have appointment and offices promised but they can't lay claim to the offices until they have won election and be sworn into offices. perfection came to every man from Adam to the least after Jesus blood was offered.

Hebrews 10:14
14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by Joagbaje(m): 5:29am On May 17, 2011
It still depends on what the op refers to as salvation. Legal salvation for OT saints was not connected to Jesus perse . All they require for salvation was good works according to the law. That grants them legal nomination. But nit the vital experience. Not all of them foresaw the salvation through christ except the prophets among them. I am not aware that Samson, Mordecai ,saw the coming christ . Their salvation depended on good works. But when Jesus went into the region of the dead after the cross, the gospel was preached to them.

6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by aletheia(m): 5:32pm On May 17, 2011
^
aletheia:

Two questions for you:
1) What is the significance of Abraham's action on Mount Moriah? Was this action before or after God credited him with righteousness? Hope you realize that one is not credited with what belongs to him; but rather the one who has credits the one who lacks.
2) What is the significance of Yom Kippur and azazel (la-aza'zeyl) in Leviticus 16?
You have not answered these questions, please. As God told Job: "Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me."  grin

Joagbaje:

It still depends on what the op refers to as salvation. Legal salvation for OT saints was not connected to Jesus perse . All they require for salvation was good works according to the law.
^
Name just one OT saint for whom it was recorded that he was justified & declared righteous by keeping the Law. Just one. But of David we read this prayer:
KJV: Psalms Chapter 51]
[9] Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
[10] Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
[11] Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
[12] Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
[13] Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
[14] Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.[/quote]
Was it by the Law or by Grace that David hoped for salvation?

Again your footlose use of terms: "Legal salvation for OT saints was not connected to Jesus perse". What you don't understand is that salvation requires a legal act by God the Righteous Judge providing Himself a substitute as Abraham prophesied. Or what do you think justification means?

I'm afraid you have a poor grasp of the elementary principles (the milk) of the Faith; and are preaching another gospel. Salvation is meaningless without the Law. . .which is why in the Bible they are placed side by side.
KJV: Galatians Chapter 3:

[24] Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
KJV: Galatians Chapter 2:

[16] Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
KJV: Acts Chapter 13:

[39] And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Job, whom you lot often vilify understood this far better than you:
KJV: Job Chapter 9:

[20] If I justify myself, mine own mouth shall condemn me: if I say, I am perfect, it shall also prove me perverse.
KJV: Job Chapter 25:

[4] How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman?

Who was Job refering to here: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me."
Who was the 3rd man that Abraham entertained just before Sodom & Gomorrah were destroyed?
Who did Jacob wrestle with at the Jabbok Brook?
Who did Isaiah and Ezekiel see in their visions?
Who did Adam & Eve hide themselves from in Eden? 

You do not realize that the whole of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation is the testimony of Jesus' dealings with us.

Joagbaje:

That grants them legal nomination. But nit the vital experience. Not all of them foresaw the salvation through christ except the prophets among them. I am not aware that Samson, Mordecai ,saw the coming  christ . Their salvation depended on good works. But when Jesus went into the region of the dead after the cross, the gospel was preached to them.
^
Vital experience? What does that vague and undefined term of yours mean? When Samson, Mordecai etc, celebrated the passover, what do you think they were doing? They were proclaiming the coming Lamb of God. When they celebrated "Jubilees"; they were proclaiming the coming 'setting at liberty those held captive'. When Jesus rebuked the Pharisees, what did he say: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." What scriptures was He referring to? Is it not the OT? Does this phrase: "The just shall live by faith" not occur first in the OT before it is echoed in the NT? Why is Abraham reckoned by God as the father of those who believe: Isn't it because he believed God and it was credited to him as righteousness?
Joagbaje:

[color=#990000:

6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.[/color]
^
Firstly, I rather think you do not understand the significance of this verse you quoted. When was this gospel preached? Right from the Garden of Eden.
[quote author=KJV: Genesis Chapter 3]
[15] And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
In fact; right from Genesis Chapter 1, we find the narrative of God's redemptive plan encapsulated in the 6 days of creation and the 7th day. And to live you in no doubt whatsover this is written for our benefit:
KJV: Galatians Chapter 3:

[8] And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
There is nothing in 1 Peter 4:6 to support your fanciful assertion that:
when Jesus went into the region of the dead after the cross, the gospel was preached to them.
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by Joagbaje(m): 8:42pm On May 17, 2011
aletheia:

^You have not answered these questions, please. As God told Job: "Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me."  grin
^
Name just one OT saint for whom it was recorded that he was justified & declared righteous by keeping the Law. Just one. But of David we read this prayer:Was it by the Law or by Grace that David hoped for salvation?

Again your footlose use of terms: "Legal salvation for OT saints was not connected to Jesus perse". What you don't understand is that salvation requires a legal act by God the Righteous Judge providing Himself a substitute as Abraham prophesied. Or what do you think justification means?

I'm afraid you have a poor grasp of the elementary principles (the milk) of the Faith; and are preaching another gospel. Salvation is meaningless without the Law. . .which is why in the Bible they are placed side by side.
Job, whom you lot often vilify understood this far better than you:
Who was Job refering to here: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me."
Who was the 3rd man that Abraham entertained just before Sodom & Gomorrah were destroyed?
Who did Jacob wrestle with at the Jabbok Brook?
Who did Isaiah and Ezekiel see in their visions?
Who did Adam & Eve hide themselves from in Eden? 

You do not realize that the whole of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation is the testimony of Jesus' dealings with us.
^
Vital experience? What does that vague and undefined term of yours mean? When Samson, Mordecai etc, celebrated the passover, what do you think they were doing? They were proclaiming the coming Lamb of God. When they celebrated "Jubilees"; they were proclaiming the coming 'setting at liberty those held captive'. When Jesus rebuked the Pharisees, what did he say: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." What scriptures was He referring to? Is it not the OT? Does this phrase: "The just shall live by faith" not occur first in the OT before it is echoed in the NT? Why is Abraham reckoned by God as the father of those who believe: Isn't it because he believed God and it was credited to him as righteousness?^
Firstly, I rather think you do not understand the significance of this verse you quoted. When was this gospel preached? Right from the Garden of Eden.In fact; right from Genesis Chapter 1, we find the narrative of God's redemptive plan encapsulated in the 6 days of creation and the 7th day. And to live you in no doubt whatsover this is written for our benefit:There is nothing in 1 Peter 4:6 to support your fanciful assertion that:

I don't know why Foul words and insult must proceed from you people. And yet you're discussing the bible. You won't waste my time young lady.

In summary. If it were possible for people to be saved without the death of Jesus , of what purpose is his death? . If they got saved without the blood being shed . Think about this and don't just rush into opposing joagbaje as your trade mark. That's how you rushed into the error of saying there is no rapture.
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:48am On May 18, 2011
Joagbaje:

Enoch and Elijah are saved . Every saint of the OT got saved at Jesus death. The fact that they were taken to heaven didn't mean they got born again. Satan also gained access to heaven. Was he born again?

Job 1:6
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.

Another Rabbit Trail. The question was were Enoch and Elijah saved? If you agree that they went to heaven are you now telling us that sinners like satan now live in heaven?
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:57am On May 18, 2011
aletheia:

^
The diagram is clear. Only those without faith in Jesus Christ fail to see it.

Here is the testimony of one OT saint:

Quote from: KJV: Job Chapter 19
[25] For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
[26] And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
[27] Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me

And here is what Jesus said of Abraham:
Two questions for you:

Quote from: KJV: John Chapter 8
[56] Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

Good points there.
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:05am On May 18, 2011
Joagbaje:

I don't know why Foul words and insult must proceed from you people. And yet you're discussing the bible. You won't waste my time young lady.

In summary. If it were possible for people to be saved without the death of Jesus , of what purpose is his death? . If they got saved without the blood being shed . Think about this and don't just rush into opposing joagbaje as your trade mark. That's how you rushed into the error of saying there is no rapture.

Is this guy all right?  What has this got to do with what we are asking?  Is this an excuse for not answering aletheia's questions or you are just out of your depths.
Re: How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? by Sweetnecta: 2:29am On May 18, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ How can Jesus die to save anyone when the below and more are in your bible?

ezekiel 18 verse 20; The soul who sins is the one who will die. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him.

www.rmsbibleengineering.com/Page3/Page3_2.html - Cached - Similar

. . . . Revelation 11:18
The nations were ANGRY, and Your WRATH has come, And the time of the dead, that they should be judged, And that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints, And those who fear Your name, small and great, And should DESTROY those who DESTROY the earth." . . .

www.amazingfacts.org › Radio - Cached - Block all amazingfacts.org results

. . . . 1. All the wicked will be slain when Christ comes the second time, by the brightness of His coming. 1 Thessalonians 2:8, Jeremiah 25:33, and Revelation 19:17-21.

2. These wicked will remain dead until the end of the thousand years.

3. Then they will be resurrected and will be upon the earth again for a little season.

4. At the end of the thousand years, Christ comes the third time to execute judgment upon all the ungodly. Then He brings all the saints down from heaven to earth. Jude 1:14. . . . .

. . . . Thus, sin and sinners will be no more. The sinner will be gone forever. His place will be destroyed. Harmony will reign again throughout God's vast domain. The apostle Peter adds, after predicting this great conflagration which will engulf and destroy the present world, "Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth wherein dwelleth righteousness." 2 Peter 3:13.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The True And Real "Ark Of Covenant In Africa" / Why Do Christians Celebrate Birthdays? / Christians: Does God's Word Allow Divorce or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.