Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,038 members, 7,863,711 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:12 AM

When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? (27759 Views)

Compilation Of Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches against Nigerians / #TwitterBan: Twitter Removes Endsars Emoji, Deletes Kanu's Hate Tweets / Compilation Of Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by paltielx: 11:49am On Jun 05, 2021
Nawao, social media has been aiding civil unrest, so i think they should be fined heavily and not banned
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by sphinx54: 11:53am On Jun 05, 2021
From the responses here, it is obvious that only a bunch of Nigerians think critically. The emotions attached to the replies! Oh my Days!!
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by monex(m): 12:01pm On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:
When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speech?

Hate Speech Monger - Nnamdi Kanu

This man posts all sorts of vitriolic, abusive, threatening messages against Nigeria and the Nigerian government, including highly tribalistic smears, and blood-curdling commands to his followers, to kill and maim innocent Nigerians, including law enforcement agents.

BUT NOT FOR ONE DAY have I heard that Twitter cautioned him, or warned him against such dangerous use of the platform.

And then the Nigerian president uses the same twitter to warn troublemakers of repercussions, and HE gets his posts deleted by twitter.

I mean, WHAT CLEARER CASE OF BIAS IS THERE THAN THAT?

If I were Buhari, I would do the EXACT SAME THING, and ban them from operating in the Nigerian space.

Oh sure, some people can use VPN, but research shows that most peeps won't bother if they have to go to that extent.

So WELL DONE Mr President.

could you send link to some of Nnamdi kanu's violence/threatening posts so they could be reported and deleted.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Simply6: 12:06pm On Jun 05, 2021
flokii:
This has crossed my mind several times I must admit.. why is Kanu freely posting hateful and inciting comments on twitter and facebook yet they can't shut him off or ban him for violating their rules..

Can anyone post such inciting comments about killing Americans on twitter and they won't take it down? Igbos have really abused those platforms yet when you ask them to leave your domain, they'll refuse.

Is Kanu your president?

You lots don't know what divorce or breakup means, you'll definitely pack your bags and leave my space.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by isaiahethan: 12:06pm On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

This man posts all sorts of vitriolic, abusive, threatening messages against Nigeria and the Nigerian government, including highly tribalistic smears, and blood-curdling commands to his followers, to kill and maim innocent Nigerians, including law enforcement agents.

BUT NOT FOR ONE DAY have I heard that Twitter cautioned him, or warned him against such dangerous use of the platform.

And then the Nigerian president uses the same twitter to warn troublemakers of repercussions, and HE gets his posts deleted by twitter.

If I were Buhari, I would do the EXACT SAME THING, and ban them from operating in the Nigerian space.

Oh sure, some people can use VPN, but research shows that most peeps won't bother if they have to go to that extent.

Stupid talk from a senseless Op. Keep deceiving yourself. Nnamdi Kanu is he the problem of Nigeria?
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by omonnakoda: 12:40pm On Jun 05, 2021
Techguy96:

It's the companies policies, buhari also made a live video saying the exact words in those tweet, it was broadcast on NTA n different TV stations. Twitter has no power as u assume here. Twitter is just a social media platform the govt can decide not to use the platform when they did same to trump, he simply created his own media n his followers left twitter n joined him.

So are u saying if a buhari post an inappropriate content on niaraland, seun doesn't have the right to delete such content?

One thing u should know is that twitter does this everytime, recently they suspended half of Nigeria influencer on twitter, twitter delete n suspend people everytime, so it not like a target on buhari or anything.
You are mixing it up

Twitter is entitled to have its Policy

Nigeria also has policy on who can operate in Nigeria

This is nothing new whether in China France Israel or Turkey

If Twitter disagrees it can go to a Nigerian court to challenge the decision. That is the point

2 Likes

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by ezechi24(m): 1:07pm On Jun 05, 2021
omonnakoda:
It is important to distil issues to principles so that we are consistent whether now, in 2 years or 20 years

First Nigeria is not the first country to restrict twitter. It is officially banned in China

Twitter is an emerging technology and existing legislation is playing catch up
There is a cultural dimension to freedom of expression
We cannot do everything the OYIBO way

I am no supporter of Buhari but the office he occupies is important

I cannot accept a FOREIGN business entity telling the president of my country to shut up under any guise

Still there are many issues to debate and we should debate them without becoming enemies
That is democracy

We must learn how to compartmentalize our emotions and sentiments

we know you are not his supporter ....u are his ass licker...biggot forming good man....bandit like u.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by deepwater(f): 1:11pm On Jun 05, 2021
flokii:

That advice should go to your brothers and sisters in IPOB and UGM.. they need to get busy and start carrying concrete at construction sites instead of lazying about destroying lives and properties.

The success of the Igbos is like a wound to your existence, just like the divide that separate your ewedu butt cheeks....u can not heal from it!

after hating on the Igbos, you still find the handler of adeboy92@gmail.com Mr. FLOKii on giveaway threads begging for alms like the almajiri that he is!

U beta go carry kpom kpom for alaba boy buillding site for ikorodu to make your daily bread.....since u finished your camp in Lagos, tell me which job tinubu or burahi has given to u?

shameless online begger!

Quote me one more time and sip some more this afternoon.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Babysho(m): 1:24pm On Jun 05, 2021
omonnakoda:

What is democracy
Twitter is a business
Twitter is not democracy
Are Nigerians present on the Board of twitter? How many?
I would say the same thing for Jonathan, Obasanjo or Abacha

Twitter should not censor the president of Nigeria and if it chooses to do so it should be kicked out of Nigeria. That s the African way

tHaTs tHe aFriCAn waY grin
This level of dick sucking of people in power in Africa is the major problem of Africa.
It's not the African way, it's the stupid oppressor way.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Babysho(m): 1:34pm On Jun 05, 2021
AMINDA:

Entire nation indeed. There are less than 3 million users of Twitter in Nigeria. No wonder you people erroneously think trends that are usually promoted by paid influencers reflect the mood of all Nigerians.

It is still the entire nation because we all don't get to have the CHOICE of joining Twitter anymore and what is life without choices? It's oppression.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

Gbam! When fb banned him why didn’t Twitter follow? Either they keep the same energy or they mind their business.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 05, 2021
Babysho:

It is still the entire nation because we all don't get to have the CHOICE of joining Twitter anymore and what is life without choices? It's oppression.

You now have a choice to spend time with your family members and stop interacting with propagators of hate.

Who Twitter epp?
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 05, 2021
monex:

could you send link to some of Nnamdi kanu's violence/threatening posts so they could be reported and deleted.

Google them. Facebook already banned him that is why he started sending brainless fools to risk their lives while he relaxes in oyibo land.

1 Like

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Babysho(m): 2:00pm On Jun 05, 2021
Speaktruth88:

You now have a choice to spend time with your family members and stop interacting with propagators of hate.

Who Twitter epp?

That's not how choices work.
Who Twitter help? The Twitter that thousands of Nigerians carry out business on. Same Twitter you communicate with customer service of whatever company's service you use. Don't be such a caveman.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Yusman316(m): 2:33pm On Jun 05, 2021
ablejesus26:
It would appear that you are not knowledgeable on the issue regarding power deposition.
The Nigerian president cannot for any reason sound like mnk.
He is deposited with the power to portray a balance.
I am Igbo I am not ipob,why should I be receiving threats bcus of ipob.
So why hasn't he threatened the Ne for all the unmeasurable atrocities that Boko Haram and bandits have carried out??.
Apc will be the downfall of this country.
Pls I need a better explanation on this matter. How does a president saying he will deal with trouble makers now turned into threat of committing genocide? Or are we saying the trouble makers should be allowed to freely keep causing chaos? Did he mentioned any tribe, religion or group?

1 Like

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by CoolAmbience(m): 2:52pm On Jun 05, 2021
WoundedLamb:
For me, the issue is not whether Twitter was right or wrong for deleting the president's tweets. The issue is that in a bid to get back at Twitter, the president dragged the entire nation into it. Twitter deleted his tweets and he's moving to block the entire nation of about 200 million people from accessing the app without VPN as if the country is his personal property and the opinion of the people doesn't matter. Even the people praising him for this are also caught up in the middle of what shouldn't even concern them cause he'll only end up stressing everyone, the organization and his citizens alike.

No one is caught up with anything.

Twitter can stay suspended forever for all we care.

Stop the unnecessary conspiracy theories.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by CoolAmbience(m): 2:53pm On Jun 05, 2021
Vickym1:
Are you vexing because twitter deleted ur master's war tweets

No, we are not.

They should just stay suspended.

1 Like

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by CoolAmbience(m): 2:56pm On Jun 05, 2021
ablejesus26:
It would appear that you are not knowledgeable on the issue regarding power deposition.
So why hasn't he threatened the Ne for all the unmeasurable atrocities that Boko Haram and bandits have carried out??.

I am sure you don't comprehend well.

The President never mentioned the SE.

So, quit the conspiracy theory already.

I am Igbo too.

2 Likes

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Okwyjesus(m): 3:13pm On Jun 05, 2021
ablejesus26:

You are very right bro.

This govt just make it look like every lgbo man is IPOB.

Little wonder the atrocities in lmo State by the military bcs of this daft view and opinion.

Many lgbos don't initially share lPOB's idea/idea but the federal government is giving many reason to believe that NNAMDI KANU MAY BE AFTERALL RIGHT IN ALL HE HAS BEEN SAYING.

Why are you drawing the line of division yourself as president?

Why do you threaten a major tribe with war and you want peace?

It is a sin to be an Igbo man in Nigeria?

Are you the first northerners to be President of Nigeria? - many of them before you enjoy lgbos alliance and support.

Why won't you be smarter instead of playing into IPOB's hand?
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Jman24(m): 3:30pm On Jun 05, 2021
Okwyjesus:

You are very right bro.

Little wonder the atrocities in lmo State by the military bcs of this daft view and opinion.

Many lgbos don't initially share lPOB's idea/idea but the federal government is giving many reason to believe that NNAMDI KANU MAY BE AFTERALL RIGHT IN ALL HE HAS BEEN SAYING.

Are you the first northerners to be President of Nigeria? - many of them before you enjoy lgbos alliance and support.

I'm yet to understand this primitive attitude towards anything Igbo(I won't even call it hate).

It's not like the igbos have held on to power in Nigeria that would warrant those reactions.

I mean threatening a whole region is the height of it(and making people believe it's not only about the proscribed ipob)

1 Like

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Yusman316(m): 3:34pm On Jun 05, 2021
Okwyjesus:

You are very right bro.

Pls where did the president mentioned Igbo?

1 Like

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Jman24(m): 3:38pm On Jun 05, 2021
CoolAmbience:

I am Igbo too.

Then you need to get yourself abbraced with tenets of governance. Your threats should be specific as chief security officer and not give a vague order. You think Twitter would delete his tweets if he mentioned the proscribed ipob?
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Jman24(m): 3:40pm On Jun 05, 2021
CoolAmbience:

I am Igbo too.

Then you need to get yourself abbraced with the tenets of good governance. Your threats should be specific as chief security officer and not give a vague order. You think Twitter would delete his tweets if he mentioned the proscribed ipob?
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Jman24(m): 3:45pm On Jun 05, 2021
Yusman316:

Pls where did the president mentioned Igbo?

I hope you understand the implication of a vague order. See it's not only about some people today, it could be you tomorrow. When you see something wrong, condem it. That is the only way the Blacks can move forward as a race.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by WoundedLamb: 3:47pm On Jun 05, 2021
CoolAmbience:

No one is caught up with anything.

Twitter can stay suspended forever for all we care.

Stop the unnecessary conspiracy theories.

Unfortunately, you're not the only one in Nigeria. Besides, you might not care about Twitter and that's a valid choice, but banning the app is taking away the choice from you. Staying indoors cause you want to is different from being imprisoned.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by UnabashedIPOB: 3:50pm On Jun 05, 2021

I usually do not comment on statements made by individuals who have shown that they are clearly incapable of reasoning beyond a second grade level. But be that as it may, I would like to address the above statement made by someone who clearly thinks and reasons below the level of a toddler. First of all, B0K0HARI (Impostor masquerading as him) is a dictator ruling a failed state with all the POWER and MIGHT that a country could muster. As head of a government, he has the power to make decisions about life and death of citizens simply because of the office that he holds. On the other hand, MNK is simply a FREEDOM FIGHTER, not in any way shape or form with the power to make life and death decisions of his fellow citizens unlike B0K0HARI. Like the saying goes, "To whom much is given, much is expected." In advanced civilizations, heads of government and their officials are held at a higher standard of conducts and behaviors. They are expected to comport themselves in a much more civilized manner than ordinary citizens. Their statements and utterances are scrutinized NOT only by the "real" PRESS but by reasonable citizens. MNK has not committed any CRIME other than peacefully demanding SELF DETERMINATION and FREEDOM for his people. I find it very disconcerting that this writer failed to mention anywhere that B0K0HARI has taken similar stance against the FULANI TERRORISTS that have been maiming and killing innocents citizens across the landscape and taken over their ancestral lands. So, for the writer to compare MNK and the IDIOT in ASO ROCK, goes to show how preposterous and M0R0NIC his reasonings are.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Sunday2021: 3:57pm On Jun 05, 2021
booscy:
Why not start an online campaign for Twitter to ban him by reporting and pointing out his tweets that are in violation of the Twitter code of conduct or rules if engagement.

Someone started that which led to Buhari's suspension
who is that someone? Twitter Nigeria is run by igbos and they sympathetic to ipob terrorists that is why they cannot ban kanu hate speech.
Thank God for baba Buhari, we don't want twitter in the whole Africa.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by WoundedLamb: 3:58pm On Jun 05, 2021
BlackFlamefromP:
Oga observation, experience and common sense should tell you that pure democracy as practiced in some advance countries in Europe and also in US is not advisable in a country like Nigeria because of the kind of people Nigerians are. What Nigeria needs is some elements of democracy combined with some elements of dictatorship otherwise unpatriotic forces will overwhelm the government and bring the nation down, making complete mess of the country.

I am in total support of the twitter ban as its negative influences on Nigeria has been overwhelming

Well, the government didn't ban Twitter when these "negative influences" grew before us. They didn't ban Twitter when Nnamdi Kanu made it his platform. They didn't ban Twitter cause of the all the fake news we see there. They banned Twitter cause Buhari's post was deleted, and that's the point. Taking away Twitter from more than 200 million potential users cause your post was deleted is more emotional than logical. Besides, you don't cut off your head cause you have a headache. We don't ban things cause they have bad sides as virtually everything does, and you might just end up banning smart phones and computers. You put measures in place to check the undesired effects.

My take.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Rissamenti: 4:02pm On Jun 05, 2021
isaiahethan:

Stupid talk from a senseless Op. Keep deceiving yourself.

Nnamdi Kanu is he the problem of Nigeria?

No country has only one single problem, so that is a dumb question.

Kanu certainly is a big problem since he orders his thugs to go on killing sprees.
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by WoundedLamb: 4:04pm On Jun 05, 2021
MT:

Stop typing nonsense. Buhari was elected as the President and the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of Nigeria, with the mandate to take a decision on behalf of almost 200 million people. He swore to protect and defend the constitution.

It was ok for you guys for Trump to seriously attempt to control the social media by introducing section 230. You guys were cheering him on then. But it is ok for Twitter to allow Nnamdi Kanu's inciting write up on Twitter, openly encouraging Nigerian soldiers to be killed in the East while you were expecting the President to fold his arms and be watching why madness continues to reign in the East.

Reason it now.

Do I know you? You seem full of emotions and you somehow believe anyone that anyone that doesn't agree with you on a certain subject must belong to a certain party. Just see the way you're typing as if I've ever discussed Trump with you, yet we don't even know each other. You even started with insults. Is that your idea of debate?

Lol. Wow... you guys on Nairaland though. Anyway, I usually don't know how to relate with posts that are more sentimental than logical. So I'd say thank you for contributing.

Bye!
Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by Jman24(m): 4:06pm On Jun 05, 2021
Jman24:

Maybe because he is also smarter. Check that tweet again, it's so informal and may not be known to Twitter
Eg. Any ... from 'Zoonigeria'... (It could be the lion king from Nekede zoo in Imo state).
that comes to biafraland(an unknown country to Twitter) grin

I think I guessed rightly

Re: When Will Twitter Ban Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches? by WoundedLamb: 4:07pm On Jun 05, 2021
Lifestone:

Use other Platforms.

Lol... I'm not even in Nigeria. And I'm not on Twitter anyway. But it's not really about the platform. It's just the precedence set by taking away the choice of platform for such a reason without considering the people. It's Twitter today but there's no telling what it will be tomorrow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Tinubu Hosts Emirs Of Borgu, Kontagora In Aso Villa (Photos) / APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri / President Buhari Receives Emefiele, CBN Governor In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.