Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,926 members, 7,838,303 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? (14960 Views)

Guys, Can You Hold Your Woman's Hand In Public Or Kiss Her In Public? / Each Time I Love A Girl So Dearly It Was End In Premium Tears For Me / Can A Man Love His Woman Dearly And Still Cheat On Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by Gjmff: 6:14pm On Jun 10, 2021
Girls hold only puxxxy
Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 10, 2021
People dat talk behind my back & "still cme t me t talk again" i'm old nw, so i cut them out for a Real relationship
Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by abbatoir(m): 7:29pm On Jun 10, 2021
Exmilitant:
My spirituality. I am building my spirit man everyday, hopefully i shall attain sonship.

Chat me up (08091110234)

I will give you a clue
Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by Lilpen3758: 7:31pm On Jun 10, 2021
Mabella18:

Oversure dey worry me
dey only thing way dey worry you way I know na over freshness

1 Like

Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by AreaFada2: 7:32pm On Jun 10, 2021
pansophist:
The integrity of the individual. Someone that can not be bought/influenced by material things. Someone that stands for the truth and can defend it reasonably. A respectable person that is responsible to himself and thus, to others that looks up to him. People with integrity will not let your house burn because its not theirs, since they understand that we thrive by being good to each other.

People like this makes good citizens, siblings, partners and a friend. A society grows with them and will crumble without them. If you find a someone like this, do everything to keep him. We are all nothing but a bunch of unfortunate beings occupying this sad world, and the best we can do is to be nice to each other. People with integrity live by this rule, and are truly the meek that will inherit the world.
Gbam! How many such exist in Nigeria? The few who hold such values are frustrated by the vast majority who see them as pretending to be saints or simply as too strict. The result is glaring today.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by Exmilitant(m): 7:35pm On Jun 10, 2021
abbatoir:

Chat me up (08091110234)

I will give you a clue
Lol, the holy spirit will teach me ALL things. Thanks all the same.
Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 10, 2021
All these comments make me wonder which people become abusive & aggressive with others on our NL threads.

Lies just full ground angry

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by abbatoir(m): 7:54pm On Jun 10, 2021
Exmilitant:
Lol, the holy spirit will teach me ALL things. Thanks all the same.

Oh...
Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by pansophist(m): 7:58pm On Jun 10, 2021
AreaFada2:

Gbam! How many such exist in Nigeria? The few who hold such values are frustrated by the vast majority who see them as pretending to be saints or simply as too strict. The result is glaring today.

That's the sad reality. They are few and far in between. Society has gotten so rotten and corrupt that to thrive and live a respectable life, you have to do away with anything that has to do with being humane (integrity, empathy, sense of justice and altruism).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by seguno2: 8:07pm On Jun 10, 2021
pansophist:
That's the sad reality. They are few and far in between. Society has gotten so rotten and corrupt that to thrive and live a respectable life, you have to do away with anything that has to do with being humane (integrity, empathy, sense of justice and altruism).

They should find every avenue to sensitise others and work on stealthily increasing their number until they get a critical mass to dominate our environment. If they don’t do that, they will be wailing endlessly as the society becomes worse due to their own negligence/inadequate efforts.
Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by seguno2: 8:10pm On Jun 10, 2021
AreaFada2:

Frustration by the majority is normal. Everyone works to protect what they value. Those who value something different from the current majority should work to make themselves the majority as quickly as possible, otherwise they should stop complaining. Complaining yields very little, if anything.
Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 10, 2021
Integrity, contentment, excellence, accountability.
Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 10, 2021
pegix:
If i borrow u money. U must pay back when due

If not u go knw say na hard Yoruba i be... that's my values

You just described me.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by Emk5556: 9:03pm On Jun 10, 2021
Doing to others what I want them to do to me.
Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by Blakpot: 9:16pm On Jun 10, 2021
Cash rules... Cash rules everything around me cream get the money dollar dollar bill y'all...

Jokes aside. Being true to oneself.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 10, 2021
pocohantas:

No girl prefers men that lie to them. They don’t like your truth and that is a choice! Another person lied and they liked him, not because he lied but because his truth is what they are looking for in a man. The problem is you the liar, not them.

If a man wants a virgin and I lie that I am one whereas I have more mileage than a GIG motor that runs Lagos to Nnewi. The man falls in love and marries me. I am the problem, not the man.

I shouldn’t be found opening my useless mouth to say men love liars, whereas I am the low self-esteemed creature who is ashamed of her real self. Understood?

smiley Sorry for quoting you, It might seem like I am attacking but I just want to say...

1. If we are to be honest, like objectively honest! Women want to hear what they want to hear, irrespective of truth or not, It is not relevant.

2. I would never tell a Woman that I am a Mechanic, because that is not what my prospective wife wants to hear. I am simply a Mechanical Engineer.

3. I can never tell my Visa consulate that I will NOT come back to Nigeria after schooling. That is not what he/she wants to hear.

4. In Interviews, I can cannot simply tell my prospective employer the truth when I am asked "Tell me about your weakness", I simply draft a usual response which makes my weakness looks like strength, so I can get applauded for it.

This brings us to this conclusion:

- If there is system where people ONLY want to hear specific things from you, you will be left with no choice but to always tell them a LIE.

- So does that make me a LIAR? Yes it does.

- Does it mean that I could have done it any better? NO. I would still never give a sincere answer to "Tell me about your weakness" & the likes, because that won't land me a job.

Apologies for my long post.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by pocohantas(f): 9:32pm On Jun 10, 2021
truthsayer009:

smiley Sorry for quoting you, It might seem like I am attacking but I just want to say...

irrespective of truth or not, It is not relevant.

2. I would never tell a Woman that I am a Mechanic, because that is not what my prospective wife wants to hear. I am simply a Mechanical Engineer.

There is a woman that wouldn’t mind you being a mechanic. An alata doesn’t mind, the woman selling smoked panla doesn’t mind. Go and meet them! They are women and they will be happy to have a MECHANIC husband. Hang your coat where your hand can reach, that way you don’t have to LIE!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 10, 2021
pocohantas:

There is a woman that wouldn’t mind you being a mechanic. An alata doesn’t mind, the woman selling smoked panla doesn’t mind. Go and meet them! They are women and they will be happy to have a MECHANIC husband. Hang your coat where your hand can reach, that way you don’t have to LIE!

We can agree to disagree though. That's why I gave many examples, so you can weigh each of them. I'm very sure you know what I am saying is true. It's okay if you don't want to accept.

No one is perfect, Men aren't, so are Women. It is beneficial for everyone to accept their flaws.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by pocohantas(f): 9:50pm On Jun 10, 2021
truthsayer009:

We can agree to disagree though. That's why I gave many examples, so you can weigh each of them. I'm very sure you know what I am saying is true. It's okay if you don't want to accept.

No one is perfect, Men aren't, so are Women. It is beneficial for everyone to accept their flaws.

I don’t know what you are saying. There are many women that love and marry mechanics everyday. You don’t want them because they are not your spec. You want to marry a lawyer. So you have to lie that you are a mechanical engineer. Yet you somehow want to blame her for not wanting you as a mechanic?

If you went to Sulia the agbo seller, will you have to lie? NO. Marry Sulia and save yourself the lies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 10, 2021
pocohantas:

I don’t know what you are saying. There are many women that love and marry mechanics everyday. You don’t want them because they are not your spec. You want to marry a lawyer. So you have to lie that you are a mechanical engineer. Yet you somehow want to blame her for not wanting you as a mechanic?

If you went to Sulia the agbo seller, will you have to lie? NO. Marry Sulia and save yourself the lies.

Lol, since you want to make this about mechanics. Let me bring us back to the original post, It's about Women loving lies. I gave many other examples with context, you specifically picked the mechanic argument. You just don't want to be wrong.
Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by pocohantas(f): 10:00pm On Jun 10, 2021
truthsayer009:

Lol, since you want to make this about mechanics. Let me bring us back to the original post, It's about Women loving lies. I gave many other examples with context, you specifically picked the mechanic argument. You just don't want to be wrong.

It is about women (and humans) having choices. If you are not their choice, the solution is not to lie. The solution is to move on and find the person that likes you as you are. They are entitled to their choices. Simply move on. How hard is that to get? Eish!

Some women do not like doctors and that hasn’t made doctors start claiming to be teachers. Ahnahn!

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 10, 2021
Focusmind:
See them - Integrity, truthfulness , honesty undecided undecided. Yet, we are one of the most corrupt and dishonest country. Every Nigerian would tell you that he is honest and has integrity.

No be Nigerians again. Just dangle small cash and all these people shouting integrity would loose their integrity.
Speak for yourself only.
How much is a 100m to you.
Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by rachytenny2(f): 12:02am On Jun 11, 2021
Integrity and Accountability. The Accountants should be able to relate...

1 Like

Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by Historicalee: 4:30am On Jun 11, 2021
Honesty and Hardwork.
Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by placeofallure(f): 4:56am On Jun 11, 2021
Values...

Due process. I don't believe in favouritism or cutting corners. The same rule MUST apply to everyone.

Integrity. Once we have an agreement, I try not to break it. If we agree, just go and sleep. I'm not God but I try not to breach an agreement.

Respect and Consideration for others. Treat people fairly no matter their class, colour or creed.

Religion. You must have a spiritual aphrodisiac. It kind of keeps you in line to know there is a supreme being you are answerable to.

No to full housewife! I believe in Working hard and working smart. Not a money freak. Just being comfortable to take care of basic needs, ces't finii.

Be secretive about your big plans, don't let them see you coming. I loathe people who do contrary.
Merci.
Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by Pushka21(f): 7:44am On Jun 11, 2021
Lovely
Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 11, 2021
pocohantas:
Integrity: Your yes should be your yes and your no, no.

Punctuality: Don’t do that African time with me. I fit use because of am poison person.

Fidelity: “Men are polygamous in nature” Be man enough to look me in the eye and say it before marriage. If you pull that stunt on me, the Lord is your strength .

Na wah for wire road grin
Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 11, 2021
Transparency, truth, no pretence.
Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by AloneTK: 8:31am On Jun 11, 2021
truthsayer009:

I understand your point bro. And I think I get the point Pocohantas was trying to make.
Both of you have your reasons for sticking to the position you maintained, but I think it should be a matter of principle- "Being Straight"
at all times irrespective of the expected/desired outcome.
Doing that (Being Straight) doesn't come with dishonesty.
Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 11, 2021
AloneTK:

I understand your point bro. And I think I get the point Pocohantas was trying to make.
Both of you have your reasons for sticking to the position you maintained, but I think it should be a matter of principle- "Being Straight"
at all times irrespective of the expected/desired outcome.

I think principles should count in a world you control the factors, lets be realistic the world as it own rules which except for divine intervention will not bend for any individual.
Heaven help those who help themselves ...food for thought
Re: What Are The Values You Hold So Dearly? by pocohantas(f): 12:13pm On Jun 11, 2021
AloneTK:

Both of you have your reasons for sticking to the position you maintained, but I think it should be a matter of principle- "Being Straight" at all times irrespective of the expected/desired outcome.

I was not even looking at it from dishonesty perspective cheesy. You can’t keep lying to people and still turn around to play the victim. I would think that is some sort of mental condition.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ex-boyfriend Wants Me Back, Should I Give Him A Second Chance? / Romance Section: Who's Your Crush Of The Week? (2nd Edition) / A Nairalander wishes to embrace Polygamy, Please advise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.